TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1000 times yes. I want the chance to do a death match in a pg product regardless of how bad it may end up being. Removing that ability is not fun or user friendly. Toggling on the other hand is. Besides, just because a thing doesn't fit a product it doesn't make it impossible to happen there. And dealing with the consequences is part of the fun.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It would be cool if there was a very rare chance that such segment could Avoid a penalty for its rarity.</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance a “database-less” version of the game could be released earlier? I love playing organic and real world mods and tinkering around with my own creations but have never gotten accustomed to the Cornellverse. If the game functions well I don’t think a lot of people would mind.

Is there any chance a “database-less” version of the game could be released earlier? I love playing organic and real world mods and tinkering around with my own creations but have never gotten accustomed to the Cornellverse. If the game functions well I don’t think a lot of people would mind.

No; the writing of the default data has no bearing on when the game itself is ready.

But how can that be? Surely writing the default data is time and energy spent away from coding the game?

Putting together the Cornellverse also helps to find a LOT of little things in the editor, find new ways to do little things that people want and gives everyone on the testing team more time to test too. It's a process that takes a long time to go over everything with a team who understands the game and are able to test out all the systems in different ways.

It's all a part of testing, while also creating one of the main selling points of the game, which all other mods should also pay attention to.... how to put together a mod that works with the game engine. It's also a part of the testing stage that I love, as I get to work with my CV97 database to put the editor through it's paces and in ways that Adam might not, leading to yet more testing and fixes.

Without this step, the game would be nowhere near complete so there's no way any kind of empty game could be released ahead of time. The game just wouldn't be finished and the product overall would suffer as a result.

But how can that be? Surely writing the default data is time and energy spent away from coding the game?

I do the database when the game is in testing, so the majority of the coding is already done by then. Whether I wrote the database or not is going to have no bearing on how long testing takes because the database work will be finished well before we'll have had time to finish testing.

<p>Really looking forward to TEW2020, been playing for almost twenty years now (since the Extreme Warfare days!!).</p><p> </p><p>

Two things I've always wanted to see in this game:</p><p> </p><p>

More in depth-win loss records and stats on the worker's profile screen, i.e. how many times they've won/lost by pinfall, countout, submission, disqualification, drawn, form (winning or losing streaks?). </p><p> </p><p>

Or if not on the wrestlers profile screen as a part of the roster overview screen? With the ability to sort/rank by column. </p><p> </p><p>

I don't like much about the WWE2K games but I do like the ranking screen with the ability to be able to move up or down workers.</p><p> </p><p>

I realise work on the game is already well underway - but would this be easy enough to add in?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makkaveli101" data-cite="Makkaveli101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really looking forward to TEW2020, been playing for almost twenty years now (since the Extreme Warfare days!!).<p> </p><p> Two things I've always wanted to see in this game:</p><p> </p><p> More in depth-win loss records and stats on the worker's profile screen, i.e. how many times they've won/lost by pinfall, countout, submission, disqualification, drawn, form (winning or losing streaks?). </p><p> </p><p> Or if not on the wrestlers profile screen as a part of the roster overview screen? With the ability to sort/rank by row. </p><p> </p><p> I don't like much about the WWE2K games but I do like the ranking screen with the ability to be able to move up or down workers.</p><p> </p><p> I realise work on the game is already well underway - but would this be easy enough to add in?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For the second part the Perception level that has replaced pushes will replicate this for the most part. As it is down to how well you push a character and their momentum within the company, not just purely where you assign them. So wrestlers will move up and down the list fluidly based on their performances and how you sustain their pushes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HiPlus" data-cite="HiPlus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For the second part the Perception level that has replaced pushes will replicate this for the most part. As it is down to how well you push a character and their momentum within the company, not just purely where you assign them. So wrestlers will move up and down the list fluidly based on their performances and how you sustain their pushes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sounds great. I hope this data is replicated in a league table/rankings table. Would be great to look at the table before booking and see who needs a win/loss etc on the next show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makkaveli101" data-cite="Makkaveli101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sounds great. I hope this data is replicated in a league table/rankings table. Would be great to look at the table before booking and see who needs a win/loss etc on the next show.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh I meant just in regards to the power rankings being fluid and moving workers up and down. No idea if stats like that will be easy to see.</p>

<p>I'm just checking in rarely because i hate the wait but am super excited like always for the new version.</p><p> </p><p>

I wanted to ask somebody if anyone knows yet if the potential of the AI and it's booking have a bigger range of quality and possibility? Like if a really bad booker is in control of a company will we see some extremely poor put together cards to match that?</p>

Would it be outrageous to get at the very least a list of any new characters made for the C Verse in 2020? I did a C Verse 2005 mod and the absolute hardest part was going through and finding any new workers and making sure I didn't miss any. A simple list of all the new characters of the game would make things MUCH easier. I would think this would be a fairly simple request but I'm sure no one has ever asked before. I'd really like to do a few new mods for the new game and that new character list would help tremendously. Obviously I'm not asking for it until the game is released and if you want people to discover it on their own as part of the "fun" I'd be ok with a spoiler tag so nobody sees it that doesn't want to.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would it be outrageous to get at the very least a list of any new characters made for the C Verse in 2020? I did a C Verse 2005 mod and the absolute hardest part was going through and finding any new workers and making sure I didn't miss any. A simple list of all the new characters of the game would make things MUCH easier. I would think this would be a fairly simple request but I'm sure no one has ever asked before. I'd really like to do a few new mods for the new game and that new character list would help tremendously. Obviously I'm not asking for it until the game is released and if you want people to discover it on their own as part of the "fun" I'd be ok with a spoiler tag so nobody sees it that doesn't want to.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd thought of that too for the conversion of the 2018 mod, even if it was just as a PM to people who need it it would be really appreciated. Obviously it can still be done without that, but it would be a nice time saver lol. Same as any other new things like broadcasters that could be missed by us</p>

i assume it is too late to give suggestions for the upcoming game TEW2020, but i think It’ll be fun if there is a feature where alternates are much more relevant like adding some cool attributes as such a bonus appeal for eg. in relation to Finn Balor when he appears as the demon king giving him extra menace compared to his usual appearance. Using it too often will reduce the penalty and using it after a long time will give a boost. The point is, when finn balor appears as demon king it will add the hype of the match.

Another thing is that the external hype for the show or wrestler, it’s just an alternative way to hype the show, for eg. AEW hype their storylines in youtube channel before every event or when they made their rally to promote their very first event(All Out). Another example is Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins having their on youtube channel which gave them helps them with their push.

Well that’s all for me, not sure if it’s the right thread to post this suggestion :/

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hope in the new game you can have more than one figure head if you have multiple brands. You should be able to have one per brand.</div></blockquote><p> I'd argue that the WWE has always only had one figurehead at a time, despite having multiple brands.</p>

Small Suggestion

Small suggestion: Blacklisting a wrestler, also blacklists him from all alliance members which affects inner alliance, and inter company morale. (+ morale if they're a bad worker, have a history of injuring, or have a bad relationship with the other companies - morale if they're a upper mid-carder or higher, or if they have a good relationship) Would add a great degree of realism to the game, especially as it seems there isn't alot of inner alliance dynamics.

For those curious I had a worker injure my top star twice, latest time for a year, so I had him job twice on one card, then publicly fired and blacklisted him, I'd like for all my partners to blacklist him aswell.

I don't think this should go underappreciated. I am so excited about the attribute function. It's easily the thing I'm most looking forward to having in the game. All of the variation it will give characters & their strengths & weaknesses will be so massive. Instead of it just being, "This guy has high star quality, potential, & he's someone you wanna push to the moon." Now it relies on many other factors if the mod is well made. It will add so much to deciding if you want to use someone. like <strong>"Explosive Ring Style: The worker's extremely explosive in-ring style means that they get a bonus when allowed to dominate a match but a penalty in bouts that are slowly built, go over 10 minutes, or are aimed at working or calming the crowd."</strong> That right there keeps Goldburg from being overpushed like I'm sure he is in most mods where people play WCW. There are a ton more examples but the fact it can really change how the whole game is played, makes it feel like each worker is even more unique.