TEW2020 Discussion Thread

Okay, that's fair. The journal states that the new system saves time in mod making, but I'll have to see that for myself. The way it sounds like is, I create a worker, and then create a gimmick for that worker from scratch. I assign a name for the gimmick, and then tick the boxes in the grid to determine what the gimmick is like. And I do this for every contracted worker in the database. This sounds like a lot of added work compared to how I did in 2016, which is I just had the 13 base types as their own gimmicks, so I basically only had 13 gimmicks in the file lol. And when creating workers, I would just assign the gimmicks.

I know this isn't how most people like to do things, though, so this is moot.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If our company has a brand split, will there be 1 figurehead per brand? I thought this is something tew 16 was missing.

For a real life example, reigns is the figurehead for smackdown. I would say rollins is probably the figurehead for raw. Both brands have that one guy that drives most big time storylines.

Any chance of multiple figureheads in the new game?

Has two figureheads ever really been the case, though? Back in the days of John Cena and Batista, John Cena was clearly the figurehead. Batista was the 1A - super popular, big star. Head of SmackDown. But not the figurehead. And isn't Roman Reigns still the face of the company for the most part? Or are they now making Drew into that? I feel like there can only ever be one, regardless of the amount of brands. The figurehead is simply the Face of the Company; THE star that you send to talk shows and whatnot. It would be cheating to be able to have multiple since the figurehead clearly offers advantages. There can now be four brands per company, and if multiple brands would offer the ability to have multiple figureheads, of course everyone would create four brands for maximum benefit.

I create a worker, and then create a gimmick for that worker from scratch. I assign a name for the gimmick, and then tick the boxes in the grid to determine what the gimmick is like. And I do this for every contracted worker in the database. This sounds like a lot of added work compared to how I did in 2016, which is I just had the 13 base types as their own gimmicks, so I basically only had 13 gimmicks in the file lol. And when creating workers, I would just assign the gimmicks.

I know this isn't how most people like to do things, though, so this is moot.

To be clear: as a player you're only ticking one box in the 5x5 grid. Afaik all workers you start with already have gimmicks so there's no need for that. So if I read it correctly, you're just clicking one more time for each worker, so... :p

As a mod maker, you're mainly adding attributes. I don't know if it's been documented yet how "starting gimmicks" work.

Out of curiosity: didn't you get many penalties for "double gimmicks", when other workers doing a better job at that? :p

As for there being two figureheads: I get the feeling people misinterpret the feature. It's not the "top guy". It's really just the person synonimous with the company. You don't HAVE to have one. Like Teemu says, Cena has been figurehead for almost a decade. In no way is Rollins the current figurehead (you're not even sure, so that's already an indication he's not). If it's Reigns, there might arguably be some penalties involved, or at least very limited bonuses, given the way the feature works. If fans would be split because person A and B as figurehead, you probably shouldn't set one. If he gets injured, you might take severe penalties.

If our company has a brand split, will there be 1 figurehead per brand? I thought this is something tew 16 was missing.

For a real life example, reigns is the figurehead for smackdown. I would say rollins is probably the figurehead for raw. Both brands have that one guy that drives most big time storylines.

Any chance of multiple figureheads in the new game?

It is one figurehead for your company as an entirety. They're the be all and end all around which the company revolves, it's a whole different level to just being the "top star on a brand".

Has two figureheads ever really been the case, though? Back in the days of John Cena and Batista, John Cena was clearly the figurehead. Batista was the 1A - super popular, big star. Head of SmackDown. But not the figurehead. And isn't Roman Reigns still the face of the company for the most part? Or are they now making Drew into that? I feel like there can only ever be one, regardless of the amount of brands. The figurehead is simply the Face of the Company; THE star that you send to talk shows and whatnot. It would be cheating to be able to have multiple since the figurehead clearly offers advantages. There can now be four brands per company, and if multiple brands would offer the ability to have multiple figureheads, of course everyone would create four brands for maximum benefit.

Reigns is still the figurehead. Drew just became champ. What they will do with him, I have no idea. But the whole figurehead being only one concept is indeed realistic and how it works irl. And you are spot on about the Batista/Cena thing. Cena was clearly THE guy, Batista was heading a brand, but definitely not the company.

Personally I dont hate the idea of having a main figure head and then a feature that lets you pick mini figureheads for the brand that would have the same effects but lesser. It's not really high on the list of things I'd like to see in the game though and I dont think it's necessary to have in it

Is there anywhere I can see the system requirements for this game? I know it's not gonna be super intensive or whatever but the laptop I've used for 05/07/2010/2013 is pretty old by now (got it in 2012) so I wanna know if I've gotta use this one or if it's time to finally move on to the newer laptop I have.

Is there anywhere I can see the system requirements for this game? I know it's not gonna be super intensive or whatever but the laptop I've used for 05/07/2010/2013 is pretty old by now (got it in 2012) so I wanna know if I've gotta use this one or if it's time to finally move on to the newer laptop I have.

Your load times may be a little slower. What is the screen resolution? 2020 will be 1300-whatever by 700-whatever.

I know im far too late to the party here, so its not something ill post a suggestion this time, but I think it would be useful/ a nice addition to be able to hire bookers for brands. For example using WWE as an obvious one to point at, if I was to be wanting to just do the booking for the Smackdown brand and leave Paul Heyman in charge of booking for Raw. Or alternatively if 2 players were booking separate brands of the same company and the owner maybe firing one who isn't doing as good as the other or something.

At the Moment I think the only way to replicate that is to set up Raw and Smackdown as 2 separate companies and then have WWE as the Alliance

I know im far too late to the party here, so its not something ill post a suggestion this time, but I think it would be useful/ a nice addition to be able to hire bookers for brands. For example using WWE as an obvious one to point at, if I was to be wanting to just do the booking for the Smackdown brand and leave Paul Heyman in charge of booking for Raw. Or alternatively if 2 players were booking separate brands of the same company and the owner maybe firing one who isn't doing as good as the other or something.

At the Moment I think the only way to replicate that is to set up Raw and Smackdown as 2 separate companies and then have WWE as the Alliance

Technically, you have the autobooker, so you could kinda accomplish the same thing. I guess to really do this, though, you would need the autobooker to kinda have a distinct AI/type of booking to make it feel like a specific person is in charge. But you can only book SmackDown and autobook RAW if you wish.

It is the same as previous games, just with a larger minimum screen resolution.

I'm super excited for TEW 2020! I'm looking forward to the new gimmick system, merchandise, and UI/accessibility improvements the most. I have a few questions.

Do you think it will be easier to build stars? I tend to play smaller companies but I may start with a medium company as I think I missed out on a ton of features in TEW 2016. I never understood how to make a breakout star or how to get over popularity caps. It may have been easier with bigger companies?

Can we play a promotion where female wrestlers and male wrestlers are treated equally in terms of importantance? Similar to the WWE, if I had Sasha Banks vs Bayley headlining my biggest show the audience would treat them the same as Austin vs the Rock. I think the "push" changes address this. I hope that makes sense.

In the end, I may need suggestions on how to be a better booker :).

Do you think it will be easier to build stars? I tend to play smaller companies but I may start with a medium company as I think I missed out on a ton of features in TEW 2016. I never understood how to make a breakout star or how to get over popularity caps. It may have been easier with bigger companies?

I think the process of building stars will be the same. I also tend to play smaller companies where roster turnover is a thing and you have to build local stars and the part of the process that is easier with larger companies is the exposure. TV companies that can push someone on weekly TV can have people get more popular faster because they have more eyeballs on their product. I don't think, based off what I've read, the process to make someone a star has changed.

Can we play a promotion where female wrestlers and male wrestlers are treated equally in terms of importantance? Similar to the WWE, if I had Sasha Banks vs Bayley headlining my biggest show the audience would treat them the same as Austin vs the Rock. I think the "push" changes address this. I hope that makes sense.

I think the change from push to perception is designed to address this. From what I'ver read in the developer's journal and in the discussion thread, my uses is that all of your wrestlers will be treated equally and if you have Banks and Bayley over to the point where they can legit main event a pay per view then go for it.

I think the process of building stars will be the same. I also tend to play smaller companies where roster turnover is a thing and you have to build local stars and the part of the process that is easier with larger companies is the exposure. TV companies that can push someone on weekly TV can have people get more popular faster because they have more eyeballs on their product. I don't think, based off what I've read, the process to make someone a star has changed.

It is already super easy to build stars. Use of the dominate note if above around B-charisma. Keep Strong. You can trade wins with the keep strong note to build both guys overness. You should pretty much use keep strong in every match either winner(if overness higher than loser) or loser(if overness higher than winner) in any match where the letter grade doesn't matter.

There are guaranteed ways to build overness like announcing and just being on screen.

It is already super easy to build stars. Use of the dominate note if above around B-charisma. Keep Strong. You can trade wins with the keep strong note to build both guys overness. You should pretty much use keep strong in every match either winner(if overness higher than loser) or loser(if overness higher than winner) in any match where the letter grade doesn't matter.

There are guaranteed ways to build overness like announcing and just being on screen.

Does a special guest referee or the third announcer spot for a random match actually build overness? I didn't test it thoroughly, but I had the impression it didn't do anything.

"Can we play a promotion where female wrestlers and male wrestlers are treated equally in terms of importantance?"

Well... if you want that then just book them as equally important? What stat would be in the game to lower the importance of female workers? If they're not important then you haven't booked them properly. If you're talking about "women's division" settings, then just change them to "integrated". You can do this already in TEW16.