TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="21maxwell" data-cite="21maxwell" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I loved EWR when I got into around 2010-2012.<p> </p><p> Pretty much taught me about the american indy scene and many of the guys running the 'E at the moment.</p><p> </p><p> I do remember and old EWR save I played in college off a pen drive. PWG with my main 2 guys Curt Hawkins and Dean Amrbrose after both were released by WWE.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I knew absolutely nothing about the indie wrestling scene before playing these games. If you'd have told me 10-12 years ago that little known tag team I had been booking in TEW would be EVPs of my favourite wrestling promotion IRL I would never have believed you.</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hyretic" data-cite="hyretic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I knew absolutely nothing about the indie wrestling scene before playing these games. If you'd have told me 10-12 years ago that little known tag team I had been booking in TEW would be EVPs of my favourite wrestling promotion IRL I would never have believed you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In one of my old old game, Randy Orton was released by WWE and no one signed him. I was Regional and Orton was with me doing some crazy ratings.</p>

I discovered TEW 05 at about 2010. My computer was on last legs and died while playing game, my brother blamed the game for breaking computer(it wasnt). 2005 barely played. 2013 came out and I caught the bug. I played/streamed on YouTube a WWE attitude era series from May 96' up to May 2001' It would've went longer but save crashed. I even edited the mod to convert to 2016.

Wait a second.... I think I remember you! You were Junior Squared, right? You had that save where Billy Gunn died so someone else was in the New Age Outlaws with Road Dogg? And Chris Candido became a huge star?

Apologies if this has been answered already, but do we have a rough time/timezone that the demo is going to drop on the 23rd?

I’m only asking because I’m in Australia and tomorrow is the 23rd here and I don’t want to be spending all day at work refreshing when I don’t need to be. Both for my own sanity and the site load haha

Apologies if this has been answered already, but do we have a rough time/timezone that the demo is going to drop on the 23rd?

I’m only asking because I’m in Australia and tomorrow is the 23rd here and I don’t want to be spending all day at work refreshing when I don’t need to be. Both for my own sanity and the site load haha

The release is done in Arizona, but GDS doesn't give an exact time because then everybody's gonna be on the site hitting refresh, crashing the servers. I hope people Thursday are going to be considerate to GDS and other people.

I can't remember it may have been 05 ewr. I remember the who uploading Kyky pics on another website and it blew my mind. I used to to print off these south park custom wrestlers some random guy used to upload online and create real life feds with pen and paper. Once I found out about ewr it changed the game.

The release is done in Arizona, but GDS doesn't give an exact time because then everybody's gonna be on the site hitting refresh, crashing the servers. I hope people Thursday are going to be considerate to GDS and other people.

Dammit, I was hoping it wouldn't be American time, that's the worst case scenario for me. Means if it's not released before midday I probably have to wait until Friday morning.

Sad times indeed (for me anyway) :(

If I can remember about 2016 it was well after noon EST so I’d be optimistic to say any time before 15:00 EST

Aaaaaaand, this confirms it. Might have to put in for Friday off work, methinks.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PlatYellow" data-cite="PlatYellow" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a limit to the number of developmental territories you can own in the game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have not discovered a limit in 16 so I wouldn't imagine it has one in 2020.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jomosensual" data-cite="Jomosensual" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How will we know when the demo drops? Will there be an announcement made or will it just quietly get released so we dont flood the site</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Their will be a post</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jomosensual" data-cite="Jomosensual" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How will we know when the demo drops? Will there be an announcement made or will it just quietly get released so we dont flood the site</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My guess (and I don't know because I don't remember how it was done in the past) was it will be released and it will be announced on the board and on the main page.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rufas2000" data-cite="rufas2000" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The ESWF universe might be an interesting TEW mod. Many great parody characters.<p> </p><p> Of course I don't remember most of the details.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think I still have a copy of ESWF hanging around somewhere.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JJArocho" data-cite="JJArocho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think I still have a copy of ESWF hanging around somewhere.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Loved that game</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JJArocho" data-cite="JJArocho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think I still have a copy of ESWF hanging around somewhere.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Loved that game</p>

I do miss the simplicity of Extreme Warfare, but Adam transformed the game into something greater. I remember thinking to myself, "The creator of this game will move on to something different and I will scour the internet to find a download link to a beautiful memory." It is now 2020 and I'm glad I was wrong.

I've been playing these games since the first TEW when I was a little jimmy. It's great to see how much everything has progressed over the time this series has been around. Never been too serious about it all but it's definitely a fun thing for me.

I don't even know how people, including my middle school self, played EWR back then. In 2020, it is soooo ugly. People in the early 2000s were obsessed with blue and red. It's a really well organized program, though.

The nine-step process to book a match is the hardest thing for me now. TEW has streamlined that quite a bit, and it sounds like 2020 will do so even further.

EWR was amazing for its time. The competitor (can't even remember its name - Promotion Wars, maybe?) was roughly equal to EW, but EWR blew it away.

Plus you could quietly drop it on a school or work computer since there was no install process or licence!

The nine-step process to book a match is the hardest thing for me now. TEW has streamlined that quite a bit, and it sounds like 2020 will do so even further.

EWR was amazing for its time. The competitor (can't even remember its name - Promotion Wars, maybe?) was roughly equal to EW, but EWR blew it away.

Plus you could quietly drop it on a school or work computer since there was no install process or licence!

Promotion Wars was turfed because "the other Adam" couldn't handle criticism and comparison to Adam Ryland. He threw in the towel rather than continue our own little wrestling video game war.