The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

18 minutes ago, Kamchatka said:

People in the company will talk to each other about a lot of things thats for sure, but we dont know anything about that.

What we do know is The Bucks/Kenny/Hangman didnt go to the journalists to spread bad stories about Punk and Colt to make the company look bad.

Hangman tried to sabotage Punk on live TV. That literally happened. If you wonder why TK has been in camp with Punk for this whole thing, that is why. Hangman tried to screw him out of a million dollar gate, and 200k PPV buys. 

In any other company, in any other era, he's jobbing under a mask in tijuana by now. 

Edited by Makhai
  • Like 2

Hangman wasn’t suppose to do the promo he did. Whether he was to be more heelish or say other stuff specifically. Just from watching the promo you could see he wasn’t fully sure of himself it felt like he wanted to call punk out. He went into business for himself. 

Then even though he went into business for himself punk still worked with him even though it wasn’t dealt with and Page never apologized. 

Also even if we say the elite didn’t go to the press they’ve got their friends in high places. And as we see from how the media first had their side of the story all day it tells me that their camp gets to the media right away. 

• Like 1

Or it's all a work to lead to a Punk heel turn and an Elite face turn. United Empire from New Japan would make for great matches and an excellent feud for the Trios titles. Will Ospreay is a great heel, I don't see him as coming across as a face. I have no evidence pointing to this. Just thinking out loud.

theres a huge difference between using a vague allusion to a tweet to add to a feud as part of an improvised promo (something which a ton of other wrestlers in AEW have done in their promos)

and burying someone else as a coward when they're not there.

The promo battle between Hangman and Punk did actually benefit the show.

Edited by Kamchatka
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Kamchatka said:

The promo battle between Hangman and Punk did actually benefit the show.

No, it did not. It was mostly confusing, and made people think the feud would continue and not climax which was what was actually happening. 

Hangman tried to divide the fanbase against him and make him heel with the BTE crowd by exposing him as anti-employee status. That's what he was trying to do. 

Imagine if Iron Sheik grabbed a mic and told everyone that Hulk Hogan was on steroids before Hogan came out and dropped the leg. 

That's what we're talking about here.

Edited by Makhai
  • Like 1

i mean my reaction was oooo finally a reason for this fight, this is actually exciting. I didnt know what it was in reference to except for the tweet.

Like up to that point Hangman was the AEW hero champ, Punk was the Chicago hero, there wasn't any real reason they were beefing except Punk wanted the title.

And yeah i did assume it was leading to something because, again, Kingston had already said the same thing in their feud.

And in the end it lead to this, Punk going on an unhinged rant looking incredibly toxic, calling a fan fat.

Edited by Kamchatka

1 hour ago, Makhai said:

No, it did not. It was mostly confusing, and made people think the feud would continue and not climax which was what was actually happening. 

Hangman tried to divide the fanbase against him and make him heel with the BTE crowd by exposing him as anti-employee status. That's what he was trying to do. 

Imagine if Iron Sheik grabbed a mic and told everyone that Hulk Hogan was on steroids before Hogan came out and dropped the leg. 

That's what we're talking about here.

Punk going off the handle in a media scrum and burying the company's leadership (EVPs) is a big deal. He not only buried the guys who made it possible for him to get this big pay day, but he also made Tony Khan look like a complete goof. At the end of the day Tony was the one who went into business with The Elite to start AEW. Tony is the one that pushed Hangman as his top babyface champion.

Punk trying to big time The Elite with his "this isn't Reseda" line was so corny. Like yea if those PWG babies didn't start AEW Punk would be begging Excalibur for a pay day in Reseda when his money ran out.

Hangman going off the cuff in a promo still built to the money match. Punk burying Hangman, in a promo that was intended to build to a match between Punk and Moxley, was the thing that actually messed with the money as he put it.

Punk is out of control and really should either publicly apologize to The Young Bucks and Omega or be fired.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

As much as I’m enjoying all the crazy stuff going on with this situation that was long overdue I feel the need to actually comment. If Punk should be fired I don’t think is a cut and dry situation no matter how much anyone might not like his ranting. However IF the word is true that the EVPs went into his locker room afterwards which it seems is the case then they absolutely need to be fired. It’s like Arn and Sid doesn’t matter who you agree with Sid went to Arn’s room and cause the real incident.  If the EVPs wouldn’t have gone in there none of the physical stuff happens and the Punk rant would’ve been forgotten about by most people within a week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, guyver3 said:

As much as I’m enjoying all the crazy stuff going on with this situation that was long overdue I feel the need to actually comment. If Punk should be fired I don’t think is a cut and dry situation no matter how much anyone might not like his ranting. However IF the word is true that the EVPs went into his locker room afterwards which it seems is the case then they absolutely need to be fired. It’s like Arn and Sid doesn’t matter who you agree with Sid went to Arn’s room and cause the real incident.  If the EVPs wouldn’t have gone in there none of the physical stuff happens and the Punk rant would’ve been forgotten about by most people within a week. 

It’s also being reported that they knocked on the door and after no answer they kicked it in. Starting a confrontation while Ace Steels wife is there with a broken leg. 
This is now Punks side of the story. It’s he said she said. Unless a video comes out we won’t know exactly what happens. I’d be surprised if the elite didn’t record it somehow since they record everything.

1 hour ago, Matt_Black said:

A fan had actually started to chant for Colt Cabana, which is what prompted that outburst from Punk.

yeah, the fan got his goat (which by the by is kind of hilarious after how many years of fans at WWE events chanting CM PUNK endlessly)

my point is what he shouted at the fan. Everyone watching saw CM Punk instinctively call someone fat as an insult. Not as a character, Phil Brooks did.

To some people thats just an immediate red flag, you can't root for that guy anymore. He thinks fat people are disgusting. He thinks calling someone fat is a put down, which means he thinks hes better than a fat person. Its body shaming. Plenty of my fat friends and family members wont say anything about it but they're never going to see him as a face anymore. He's now that guy. Just another bully.

Edited by Kamchatka
Swearing
  • Like 4

I find it interesting. A majority of people thought AEW was "falling off" in the previous few months. Now, the last few pages of this thread are non-stop talk about this conflict with the company's top stars. AEW is famous for "is this real...or is this kayfabe". Now look how much press and talk this story has stirred up. Now everyone has to "tune-in" to see the results or just to appease their curiosity. I say it's all a clever work by the writers.

• Like 1

I find it absolutely mind-boggling anyone can be on Punk's side here. At all. Even if you hate the Elite for some reason, Punk went above and beyond to bury anyone he thinks slighted him. It only took a year for the locker room cancer side of him to come out.

Edited by Dalton
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Makhai said:

Hangman tried to sabotage Punk on live TV. That literally happened. If you wonder why TK has been in camp with Punk for this whole thing, that is why. Hangman tried to screw him out of a million dollar gate, and 200k PPV buys. 

In any other company, in any other era, he's jobbing under a mask in tijuana by now. 

How? I know Punk said it but that's a line that has universally been looked at as a stupid comment.

Edited by Dalton
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, djskeemask said:

I find it interesting. A majority of people thought AEW was "falling off" in the previous few months. Now, the last few pages of this thread are non-stop talk about this conflict with the company's top stars. AEW is famous for "is this real...or is this kayfabe". Now look how much press and talk this story has stirred up. Now everyone has to "tune-in" to see the results or just to appease their curiosity. I say it's all a clever work by the writers.

People have been saying "AEW dead by the end of the year" since 2019. It's nothing new.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dalton said:

I find it absolutely mind-boggling anyone can be on Punk's side here. At all. Even if you hate the Elite for some reason, Punk went above and beyond to bury anyone he thinks slighted him. It only took a year for the locker room cancer side of him to come out.

To me punk stood up for himself against guys who have tried to sully him. So to me it’s admirable that he did it the way he did. Knowing it wasn’t being dealt with.