The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

- Best Friends vs Cowboy Order was my MOTN. Nice for Silver to get the pin.
- Fenix vs Christian was a good squash.
- Fired Up Hook!
- Tay & Sammy vs Ruby & Ortiz was good. Very relaxed with the intergender rules. #CatPose lol
- Athena/Jade and Acclaimed/Swerve in Our Glory promos were good.
- Dax killing it on the mic as usual. Good trolling from MCMG & Dutt.
- QT vs Ricky was good. Starting backstage was fun. Brawl!

8 minutes ago, milamber said:

- Best Friends vs Cowboy Order was my MOTN. Nice for Silver to get the pin.
- Fenix vs Christian was a good squash.
- Fired Up Hook!
- Tay & Sammy vs Ruby & Ortiz was good. Very relaxed with the intergender rules. #CatPose lol
- Athena/Jade and Acclaimed/Swerve in Our Glory promos were good.
- Dax killing it on the mic as usual. Good trolling from MCMG & Dutt.
- QT vs Ricky was good. Starting backstage was fun. Brawl!

I was pleasantly surprised by this match but the way the booking played out leaves a lot to be desired. Obviously the mixed tag at the pape is a last minute add because Sammy/Eddie didn't work, but still running back a match for a third time in nine days is no bueno. 

Here's hoping Ortiz gets his first title in AEW, even if it's not an AEW title lol. 

Buddy Murphy - PPV match tomorrow - Which is the problem, first match cut if you gave me a choice. 

Mark Henry - Doesnt take TV time away from anyone - Money well spent, real morale grower

Paul Wight - Doesnt take TV time away from anyone - Money well spent, real morale grower

The Hardyz - Were scheduled to win the titles but Jeff pulled a Jeff. Matt led a faction in his name for over a year. - Signed Jeff in the middle of Jeff pulling a Jeff. Everyone knew he was pulling a Jeff. Enabled him. Let him get in the ring high/drunk on god knows what, almost kill himself, and others. I'm not supposed to talk about this though. - Matt's faction of comedy jobbers is well noted. Remember when The Bucks were trying to get Private Party over? Mission absolutely accomplished. Rampage ratings are down 200% though since he left so, maybe Money Matt needs to make a comeback. 

Malakai Black - PPV match tomorrow - Wants to leave(but clearly battling career ending injury while booked to wrestle)

Ruby Soho - PPV match tomorrow - Jobber - One of the biggest wastes of all of them. Should be a multiple time champion in this company by now.

Jungle Boy - PPV match tomorrow - Botched year long angle - much lower on the card than this time 2 years ago. Unlikely to change anytime soon. Christian should go over on merit, especially with injuries to ME talent.

Darby Allin - PPV match tomorrow - Sting's bag holder - Jobber - Best moment in the company was getting squashed by Punk.  

Brian Pillman Jr - Horrific wrestler - Was having good matches with MJF this time 3 years ago. Both were seen as equal level prospects. AEW Talent development showcase.

John Silver - PPV match tomorrow in a title match lol - The pin taker from the comedy jobber stable to set up Omega vs. Hangman. Goes back to Dark immediately after. Kids going places clearly. Rescinded. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Makhai said:

Buddy Murphy - PPV match tomorrow - Which is the problem, first match cut if you gave me a choice. 

Mark Henry - Doesnt take TV time away from anyone - Money well spent, real morale grower

Paul Wight - Doesnt take TV time away from anyone - Money well spent, real morale grower

The Hardyz - Were scheduled to win the titles but Jeff pulled a Jeff. Matt led a faction in his name for over a year. - Signed Jeff in the middle of Jeff pulling a Jeff. Everyone knew he was pulling a Jeff. Enabled him. Let him get in the ring high/drunk on god knows what, almost kill himself, and others. I'm not supposed to talk about this though. - Matt's faction of comedy jobbers is well noted. Remember when The Bucks were trying to get Private Party over? Mission absolutely accomplished. Rampage ratings are down 200% though since he left so, maybe Money Matt needs to make a comeback. 

Malakai Black - PPV match tomorrow - Wants to leave(but clearly battling career ending injury while booked to wrestle)

Ruby Soho - PPV match tomorrow - Jobber - One of the biggest wastes of all of them. Should be a multiple time champion in this company by now.

Jungle Boy - PPV match tomorrow - Botched year long angle - much lower on the card than this time 2 years ago. Unlikely to change anytime soon. Christian should go over on merit, especially with injuries to ME talent.

Darby Allin - PPV match tomorrow - Sting's bag holder - Jobber - Best moment in the company was getting squashed by Punk.  

Brian Pillman Jr - Horrific wrestler - Was having good matches with MJF this time 3 years ago. Both were seen as equal level prospects. AEW Talent development showcase.

John Silver - PPV match tomorrow in a title match lol - The pin taker from the comedy jobber stable to set up Omega vs. Hangman. Goes back to Dark immediately after. Kids going places clearly. Rescinded. 

Am I falling for Poe's Law right now

Cornette is not going to let you bang his wife, dude.

• Like 1

Honestly it just seems like AEW just isn't for you? If these are your genuine opinions and you aren't just being hyperbolic for the sake of your argument, what is keeping you watching? I don't watch WWE but I keep up to date and watch match clips for the wrestlers I care about. I'll go out of my way to watch matches if I'm interested enough. But for all the things I dislike about WWE, I recognize that those are my opinions and that maybe WWE just isn't for me - no matter how much I dislike it, I recognize that it is not bad. If this is actually how you feel, maybe just take a step back from AEW or just watch the matches/segments with the guys you like and care about?

There's so many people on the IWC that just are so toxic and negative and it feels like they are just hatewatching. This was big with WWE before AEW too. Why? "Just Enjoy Wrestling"

People just state their opinions and personal feelings about wrestling as facts. None of us would be on this incredibly niche forum if we weren't wrestling super fans, at least at some point in our lives. Everything that Dalton said were objective facts (or as factually accurate based on information we have), and you just stated your incredibly negative opinions as if they were facts.

No, Darby Allin is not a jobber. In YOUR OPINION, Darby Allin is a jobber. There's no conclusive fact that the Jungle Boy storyline has been botched. In YOUR OPINION, it's been botched. 

No, AEW does not have "no potential for growth", that's just your opinion. You aren't having a conversation, you aren't being constructive, you are just being negative and stating your opinions like they are facts.

AEW isn't perfect - neither is any other wrestling promotion and no promotion ever has been perfect at any point in their history. I enjoy talking about wrestling, especially on these boards. There's no conversation, no discussion, when you just railroad your opinions as facts, and when they are negative, what's the point? 

I've fallen out of watching WWE a long time ago, and a lot of my line of thinking was the same as yours with what you've been saying with AEW. I just stopped watching wrestling altogether, and it was the best thing I've ever done. If AEW gets to a point where I'm viewing it through the same sort of lens you are, I will just stop watching.  If you think about it, there's only a fraction of our lifetimes where we don't need to sleep or work where we can actually do what we want to do. Why spend that time doing something that makes you so upset?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John Lions said:

Honestly it just seems like AEW just isn't for you? If these are your genuine opinions and you aren't just being hyperbolic for the sake of your argument, what is keeping you watching? I don't watch WWE but I keep up to date and watch match clips for the wrestlers I care about. I'll go out of my way to watch matches if I'm interested enough. But for all the things I dislike about WWE, I recognize that those are my opinions and that maybe WWE just isn't for me - no matter how much I dislike it, I recognize that it is not bad. If this is actually how you feel, maybe just take a step back from AEW or just watch the matches/segments with the guys you like and care about?

There's so many people on the IWC that just are so toxic and negative and it feels like they are just hatewatching. This was big with WWE before AEW too. Why? "Just Enjoy Wrestling"

People just state their opinions and personal feelings about wrestling as facts. None of us would be on this incredibly niche forum if we weren't wrestling super fans, at least at some point in our lives. Everything that Dalton said were objective facts (or as factually accurate based on information we have), and you just stated your incredibly negative opinions as if they were facts.

No, Darby Allin is not a jobber. In YOUR OPINION, Darby Allin is a jobber. There's no conclusive fact that the Jungle Boy storyline has been botched. In YOUR OPINION, it's been botched. 

No, AEW does not have "no potential for growth", that's just your opinion. You aren't having a conversation, you aren't being constructive, you are just being negative and stating your opinions like they are facts.

AEW isn't perfect - neither is any other wrestling promotion and no promotion ever has been perfect at any point in their history. I enjoy talking about wrestling, especially on these boards. There's no conversation, no discussion, when you just railroad your opinions as facts, and when they are negative, what's the point? 

I've fallen out of watching WWE a long time ago, and a lot of my line of thinking was the same as yours with what you've been saying with AEW. I just stopped watching wrestling altogether, and it was the best thing I've ever done. If AEW gets to a point where I'm viewing it through the same sort of lens you are, I will just stop watching.  If you think about it, there's only a fraction of our lifetimes where we don't need to sleep or work where we can actually do what we want to do. Why spend that time doing something that makes you so upset?

Well said!

1 hour ago, John Lions said:

Honestly it just seems like AEW just isn't for you?

That's not really the point of why he posts. When your posts are basically "The AEW locker room is falling apart due to Tony Con's lack of leadership and should close the company down, because Anthony Bowens ripped the world's stinkiest fart, making the backstage area a no-go area for at least 30 minutes," you're not watching the company for a good time and there's too many flaws that make you angry. Being hyper-cynical and taking everything to the extreme, to later complain about it online, IS the fun of following and watching AEW.

It's like an alternate reality-- a gimmick of sorts that shouldn't be taken seriously besides an "Oh, you..." response.

(And this is obviously not me saying that AEW is perfect and immune to criticism)

• Like 1

With all the complaining, I would like to share my point of view (not complaining). I had given up on wrestling years back. Basically around the time Vince started raiding ROH (my fav at the time) and cherry-picking all their talent and not using them to their full potential. I gave WWE a try again after that. I pretty much lost interest in wrestling all together at that point. I caught wind of CM Punk returning to AEW after his MMA stint. So I checked out AEW at that point. I didn't catch much of the early years of AEW. I will say though, I was immediately hooked. The roster, to me, was full of established talent and guys that could definitely make a name for themselves. Hidden talents that hadn't been pushed or given a chance yet. Even to this day, I am still a fan of the roster even if it's not used properly. There are more workers who I actually care about than WWE has at this point. Almost reminds me of all the great 'characters' that I loved as a child growing up with WWF and WCW and eventually ECW. I do foresee a change in the horizon for WWE with Vince leaving and Triple H basically running the show now. He was a huge part of a lot of the success of WWF and early WWE. I feel he knows what fans want and how to provide it. I feel Vince was becoming a little jaded to younger workers and sticking with his over-gimmicked, stereotype, big man characters. Getting back to my point, I feel AEW still has a roster with Uber talent and potential. Also, now with the inter-promotional booking with ROH and NJPW, I feel that can be a huge catalyst to even better matches/booking. I also feel the women's division in AEW, although small, has quality over quantity. Also, it is not a beauty contest like WWE, they are hiring talented workers. I feel AEW is hiring on talent or potential talent, which is perhaps why the division is so small. Besides the overhype of Jade Cargill, I am a fan of most of the women wrestlers in AEW.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Having 20% of the matches be women is good imo.

Except one's a mixed tag that only happened because the Sammy/Kingston match was cancelled. Maybe TK would have booked Ruby vs Tay but it probably would have been on the Zero Hour. 3 women's matches on every PPV should be bare minimum representation. 3 on a 15 match card is poor, IMO.

Edited by milamber

22 minutes ago, milamber said:

Except because one's a mixed tag that only happened because of the Sammy/Kingston match being cancelled. Maybe TK would have booked Ruby vs Tay but it probably would have been on the Zero Hour. 3 women's matches on every PPV should be bare minimum representation. 3 on a 15 match card is poor, IMO.

The womens division has been the worst booked thing since the start. TK had the audacity to insinuate it’s cause the women don’t draw ratings, but when you don’t give them time to develop and connect with the audience of course they don’t. 9/10 women promos contain an interruption it’s annoying. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Swanton825 said:

While I agree that AEW are making a lot of the same mistakes, I don't get how Pillman Jr. is one of them. The dude is a pale imitation of his father. Yeah, a pale imitation of Brian Pillman is still a good worker and all that, but I don't understand people's hype for this guy. If Cody Rhodes gained 200 lbs. and started talking with a lisp we'd all mock him, yet it's okay that BPJ doesn't even try to be his own man in any way?

Pillman Sr. is my favorite wrestler of all-time so I really only root for his son so his legacy may live on but he's not the same for sure 😕

12 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

I still can't fathom how anyone can begrudge Mark Henry having a job in AEW. Whenever he's doing an interview or commentary, he looks and sounds like he's having so much fun.

Yeah, there are like zero negatives to him being there. Those complaining about it are searching for complaints.

5 hours ago, John Lions said:

Honestly it just seems like AEW just isn't for you? Why spend that time doing something that makes you so upset?

3 hours ago, djskeemask said:

With all the complaining,

3 hours ago, BrokenCycle said:

That's not really the point of why he posts.

5 hours ago, Hollywood said:

Cornette is not going to let you fuck his wife, dude.

If you would all like to discuss wrestling. You are welcome to also have opinions of things for yourself. (try it sometime) And you are welcome to share them, even. 

You are not, however, entitled to insult me. To dogpile my perspective, or try and shout me down with personal attacks. Or claim I'm running an alternate reality gimmick. (Points for originality, at least)

I've been here longer than almost all of you (maybe all of you even). I would think you would know I have hate watched wrestling for a long, long time now. I enjoy it, and I have my reasons. Grow the hell up and learn how to interact with people who think and feel differently than you.

Stop assuming malice towards you when your thing is criticized, stop picking fights with people, trying to get me banned because I like to post my honest, unfiltered, opinion on this forum.

Back when I was a kid, we used to not have to announce that kinda thing. It was the expectation. When stuff was bad, you said it was bad. And when things were good, you said they were good.

Nowadays you're all so emotionally fragile you can't even look at one post with a negative viewpoint without dogpiling it and damn near dissolving into tears. If I was a troll, which seems to be the prevailing narrative. Who would do it here? Seriously. It's basically Jaysin's personal shitpost at this point. You all drove out everybody else. 

I look forward to be proven correct, as I usually am, by time. And then being dogpiled again by all these same people. Jesse Ventura was called negative. I think I can live with that label. 

Also; I will be expecting fair, even-handed, moderation on this in the coming hours. I will not be responding to any of these quoted posts, as I will not be giving them any further oxygen. 

Edited by Makhai

1 hour ago, Makhai said:

If you would all like to discuss wrestling. You are welcome to also have opinions of things for yourself. (try it sometime) And you are welcome to share them, even. 

You are not, however, entitled to insult me. To dogpile my perspective, or try and shout me down with personal attacks. Or claim I'm running an alternate reality gimmick. (Points for originality, at least)

I've been here longer than almost all of you (maybe all of you even). I would think you would know I have hate watched wrestling for a long, long time now. I enjoy it, and I have my reasons. Grow the hell up and learn how to interact with people who think and feel differently than you.

Stop assuming malice towards you when your thing is criticized, stop picking fights with people, trying to get me banned because I like to post my honest, unfiltered, opinion on this forum.

Back when I was a kid, we used to not have to announce that kinda thing. It was the expectation. When stuff was bad, you said it was bad. And when things were good, you said they were good.

Nowadays you're all so emotionally fragile you can't even look at one post with a negative viewpoint without dogpiling it and damn near dissolving into tears. If I was a troll, which seems to be the prevailing narrative. Who would do it here? Seriously. It's basically Jaysin's personal shitpost at this point. You all drove out everybody else. 

I look forward to be proven correct, as I usually am, by time. And then being dogpiled again by all these same people. Jesse Ventura was called negative. I think I can live with that label. 

Also; I will be expecting fair, even-handed, moderation on this in the coming hours. I will not be responding to any of these quoted posts, as I will not be giving them any further oxygen. 

Don't go gettin all butt-hurt buddy. My remark about all the complaining was directed at the AEW category posts in general, not towards you. But if the shoe fits. And if you're gonna flat out refuse to remark on anything, then get the ---- out. I'm pretty sure at this point, nobody is gonna miss your condescending rants and shots at AEW or the industry in general. And if we are allowed by you, almighty, to express our opinions. Then I feel like you are just here to stir the pot and get some attention because you are probably so senile and abrasive that nobody wants to talk to you. And if you no longer care for wrestling, why are you even here ON A WRESTLING FORUM?? Grow up dude, this is a 99% friendly board and have never been met with ill words until your posts came along. 

Edited by djskeemask

5 hours ago, John Lions said:

Since you all caught me in a particular state of boredom. Let me tackle this part of this absolutely mind-numbing post. 

1) No, everything Dalton posted was his opinion. You just agreed with it. You very clearly have no idea what a fact is. So for god sakes stop using that word. Everybody stop using that word. You horrify me on a daily basis.

2) Darby Allin is a jobber. Because he loses most of his matches. That's what jobbers do my dude. You can look at the record he has in major matches. It's right there on Cagematch. If you wrestle people and you lose, you're a jobber. That's how words work. 

3) Around this time last year, Jungle Boy was wrestling for the World Title against Omega. So again, Not my opinion. That is a fact. But see 1). He is in the mid-card in a feud that has been all over the place, that is designed to elevate him. There is no universe this is the case. Even the alternate one BrokenCycle thinks I'm working you from. 

Everything else, except the tone, and the general attempt to run me off, is your opinion. And you are entitled to it. 

Edited by Makhai

Can we all just be friends? I'm not the biggest AEW guy in the world, but I'd be remiss not to know how ass backwards it'd be if I came out here when everyone is having a good time about their latest show and I tried to bog down their mood with criticism. Something something stop having fun meme.

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion no matter how positive or negative, but there is definitely a thing called reading the room. On the other hand, going at the negative dude's throat will only make you seem wrong alongside him, and it does also make it seem like AEW is a sacred cow when it comes to criticism which is half of the problem for the people on the outside looking in. And yes, I know you guys said otherwise numerous times, but the appropriate course of action would have been to just ignore him in my estimation.

Seriously, I come in here looking to discuss and read up on the latest events with good folks (more the latter when it comes to this specific thread since I don't really possess enough knowledge of AEW to give good overall feedback without feeling like an idiot), not to bear witness to this name calling, Cornette wife fucking back and forth that will help no one and will undoubtedly end with one or more people being disciplined for it. 

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Makhai said:

In your mind, is there no level between main eventing shows and being a jobber? How is Ruby Soho a jobber? By your OWN LOGIC, a jobber loses more than they win. Ruby is 11-4 in singles, and made the final of the Owen Hart Cup just a few months ago. Jobber?

Malakai Black's quote: “Till about 3 months ago I was dealing with a back injury I was convinced was going to force me into retirement. But after a literal year of treatment that went from working to complete failure on several occasions we all of a sudden hit the correct vertebrae during a dry needling session and everything released. From there we were able to rehab and strengthen.” Are you saying he lied?

Darby being Sting's bag holder makes zero sense. Darby Allin exists outside of Sting, Sting does not exist outside of Darby Allin. Sting doesn't do anything unless it's related to Darby, Darby does things not related to Sting. This is just a weird claim to make.

I could go through and dismantle the rest as well but it's probably a waste of time.

26 minutes ago, Makhai said:

Since you all caught me in a particular state of boredom. Let me tackle this part of this absolutely mind-numbing post. 

1) No, everything Dalton posted was his opinion. You just agreed with it. You very clearly have no idea what a fact is. So for god sakes stop using that word. Everybody stop using that word. You horrify me on a daily basis.

2) Darby Allin is a jobber. Because he loses most of his matches. That's what jobbers do my dude. You can look at the record he has in major matches. It's right there on Cagematch. If you wrestle people and you lose, you're a jobber. That's how words work. 

3) Around this time last year, Jungle Boy was wrestling for the World Title against Omega. So again, Not my opinion. That is a fact. But see 1). He is in the mid-card in a feud that has been all over the place, that is designed to elevate him. There is no universe this is the case. Even the alternate one Broken Cycle thinks I'm working you from. 

Everything else, except the tone, and the general attempt to run me off. Is your opinion. And you are entitled to it. 

1. The only opinion I gave was BPJ being a bad wrestler. The rest were objective facts. Odd for you to claim someone else doesn't know what "fact" means.

2. Kam answered above. That's a jobber? Again, are you trying to say there is no such thing as a midcard? It's main eventer or jobber? Who in AEW is a midcarder by your logic?

3. First off, you said two years ago with Jungle Boy, which was a loss to the Young Bucks in a tag team match that was only there to launch the Bucks into a title feud with FTR. Last year he was on THE PRE SHOW OF ALL OUT. Like, what are you even saying lol. A feud with a main eventer is levels above those matches dawg.

Edited by Dalton
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, djskeemask said:

Don't go gettin all butt-hurt buddy. My remark about all the complaining was directed at the AEW category posts in general, not towards you. But if the shoe fits. And if you're gonna flat out refuse to remark on anything, then get the ---- out. I'm pretty sure at this point, nobody is gonna miss your condescending rants and shots at AEW or the industry in general. And if we are allowed by you, almighty, to express our opinions. Then I feel like you are just here to stir the pot and get some attention because you are probably so senile and abrasive that nobody wants to talk to you. And if you no longer care for wrestling, why are you even here ON A WRESTLING FORUM?? Grow up dude, this is a 99% friendly board and have never been met with ill words until your posts came along. 

Don't play the victim, and stop lying, dude. 

12 minutes ago, Kamchatka said:

image.png.1d0abed97624f56de48ef6a0e8d9ae56.png

in AEW: 63 wins, 24 losses.

in 2022: 10 wins, 7 losses.

You could argue he's maybe a carpenter, an upper-mid to midcarder who works best as an underdog who has to overcome the odds by putting his body on the line in his matches..

but its kind of hard to argue he's enhancement talent when he's held the TNT title and one of the much touted Four Pillars of AEW.

I said major matches for a reason. 

So far this year, in single competition, he's traded wins with Brody King, lost to Kyle O'Reily, beat Bobby Fish, beat Brandon Cutler, lost to Jeff Hardy, beat Swerve, then traded wins with Andrade, beat Quen, and lost the belt to Guevara

One of the Four Pillars, though. 

Edited by Makhai

Just now, Makhai said:

Don't play the victim, and stop lying, dude. 

I said major matches for a reason. 

So far this year, in single competition, he's traded wins with Brody King, lost to Kyle O'Reily, beat Bobby Fish, beat Brandon Cutler, lost to Jeff Hardy, beat Swerve, then traded wins with Andrade, beat Quen, and lost the bet to Guevara. 

Four Pillars, though. 

So that makes Darby a jobber? What makes someone a midcarder or upper midcarder? Who is a midcarder or upper midcarder?

In other AEW news.

I have had the pleasure of first hand experiencing my sister and her husband both get into wrestling (AEW) over the last two and a bit months while staying with them and its been a very wonderful experience.

Their favourites are:

1. Eddie Kingston
  2. Tazz and Excalibur
  3. William Regal
  4. Nyla Rose
  5. Orange Cassidy (last night they came to ME to tell me about did i know about Fire Ant and The Colony)
  6. The Acclaimed & The Ass Boys
  7. Daddy Magic & Cool Hand Ang
  8. Jungle Boy and his Dinosaur
  9. Danhausen
  10. Willow Nightingale (quickly climbing the charts)

They also tend to have the most fun and maintained attention from watching Dark / Elevation.

• Like 3