The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

Kenny is taking it easier, enjoying himself and letting his body heal up. I think he's shown glimpses of the Best Bout Machine, I thought his singles matches against Trent and Sammy G during the Nightmare Factory taped Dynamites were excellent.

I like how he's been very giving to his opponents. He gave Alan Angels the opportunity to show what he could actually do and they had a good match that put Angels on the map. In all likelihood, that match landed the young man a job.

Adam Page getting a push will not "kill" the company in any way shape or form in any dimension.

Maybe you're just working me real hard right now and I'm falling for it :p

Honestly, I was being real kind to him. I could have compared him to Takeshi Rikio.

Hahaha Max Caster spat some bars and did a MUSIC VIDEO! for his upcoming match on Dark with Shawn Spears:

It's AMAZING! I love it so much :D

I've never heard of this dude, but for the most part that was awesome. A few awkward moments, but overall I enjoyed the hell out of that.

Have never watched Dark, but might check this week's out just for this dude.

Kenny is taking it easier, enjoying himself and letting his body heal up. I think he's shown glimpses of the Best Bout Machine, I thought his singles matches against Trent and Sammy G during the Nightmare Factory taped Dynamites were excellent.

I like how he's been very giving to his opponents. He gave Alan Angels the opportunity to show what he could actually do and they had a good match that put Angels on the map. In all likelihood, that match landed the young man a job.

I liked Kenny early on. I hate watching botchy wrestling (it's a second hand embarrassment thing) and he was one of the few guys on AEW who I knew wasn't going to screw things up. I didn't see NJPW, and I'm not actually sure where he built his indy cred because I don't recall seeing much of him. But his matches with PAC got me back into enjoying wrestling after 3-4 years not watching it.

Now... I hate him, and I entirely blame Being The Elite. His acting. His improv. It's so bad. So fake. Everything he does is phoney and too long. When I watch Dynamite, he comes out and wrestles and it's fine. I don't know what he's saying when he does the More Buck For Your Buck move, but he hasn't realised it's not over. The knee strikes would be cool if half the roster didn't use them willy-nilly. He's a good wrestler. I just hate him now, thanks to a silly internet show that has made me like everyone else on it more. If only slightly.

I've never heard of this dude, but for the most part that was awesome. A few awkward moments, but overall I enjoyed the hell out of that.

Have never watched Dark, but might check this week's out just for this dude.

Dark (in Europe) is free. Great episode. I still can't stand the Old (Young) Bucks...(and Omega). If the Elite was just cut out (they own it, so they can't), this would be a show-case for younger talent.

I liked Kenny early on. I hate watching botchy wrestling (it's a second hand embarrassment thing) and he was one of the few guys on AEW who I knew wasn't going to screw things up. I didn't see NJPW, and I'm not actually sure where he built his indy cred because I don't recall seeing much of him. But his matches with PAC got me back into enjoying wrestling after 3-4 years not watching it.

Now... I hate him, and I entirely blame Being The Elite. His acting. His improv. It's so bad. So fake. Everything he does is phoney and too long. When I watch Dynamite, he comes out and wrestles and it's fine. I don't know what he's saying when he does the More Buck For Your Buck move, but he hasn't realised it's not over. The knee strikes would be cool if half the roster didn't use them willy-nilly. He's a good wrestler. I just hate him now, thanks to a silly internet show that has made me like everyone else on it more. If only slightly.

I'll just point out that the 'indy cred' comes from DDT, PWG and a little ROH.

Dark (in Europe) is free. Great episode. I still can't stand the Old (Young) Bucks...(and Omega). If the Elite was just cut out (they own it, so they can't), this would be a show-case for younger talent.

Dark is free in the States too. I just don't care enough about a b show to watch it. Dynamite is the only wrestling I go out of my way for. At least until NWA Powerrr comes back. Might give NXT a shot, but even then, I'm beyond sick of Adam Cole as champion.

Looking forward to Night One of Fyter Fest tonight. Really hoping Cody is able to drag a decent match out of Hager.

Looking forward to Night One of Fyter Fest tonight. Really hoping Cody is able to drag a decent match out of Hager.

Normally I wouldn't worry about that. I tend to believe in Hager as a performer. But after the disaster with Moxley, I can certainly appreciate the concern.

Solid show tonight for the most part. Cody vs Hager was one of Jake's better matches. Which isn't saying much. Finish was rough though. Should have been a more straight forward finish.

Penelope Ford vs Shida was better than I expected. Ford is still green, but she improves every week. Great look too.

Wardlow, Jungle Boy, and MJF have such untapped potential. Wardlow breaking out the swanton made me pop.

I have a feeling Hangman is turning heel and joining forces with FTR. Those three against Omega and the Young Bucks should be a blast.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Solid show tonight for the most part. Cody vs Hager was one of Jake's better matches. Which isn't saying much. Finish was rough though. Should have been a more straight forward finish.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is my biggest criticism of Cody. Almost every major match he's in has to be overbooked to all hell. Interference spots, Dusty finishes, everything. MJF, Hager, Archer, probably more I'm not thinking of. Just give me a clean Cody match on a PPV or big show. </p><p> </p><p> It's obvious to me watching that he's got a lot of pull, because it's usually just his matches that have these tropes.</p>

<p>- MJF shooting from the hip. MJF & Wardlow vs Jurassic Express was a great fast-paced match. I would have been happy with either team winning but this sets up the inevitable Wardlow turn.</p><p>

- Ford vs Shida © was great. Loved all the late near falls. Best performance of Ford's career. Getting sent backstage wasn't going to stop Kip from interfering.</p><p>

- Hager vs Cody © was good. Both guys wrestling a similar style helped. Hager snapping on the ref and Cody needing help from Arn and Dustin were interesting developments.</p><p>

- Darby must have strong evidence of his innocence to be back on TV already.</p><p>

- PnP vs Private Party was good. Santana and Ortiz pulled out some new moves. Private Party winning has to be considered an upset... but plans migh have changed with a tag title match replacing Mox/Cage next week. Taz also shooting from the hip.</p><p>

- Trent's mom giving the boys a lift to work LOL. Best Friends vs Page & Omega © was great after a slow start. Hangman had to do the heavy lifting after Omega got spiked twice. Kenny made some enemies tipping the beer out.</p><p> </p><p>

Great show. No weak matches and Jericho's commentary added a lot of excitement.</p>

I like Private Party, but I'd much rather see PnP get the title shot. PnP is treated like an afterthought despite being one of the best tag teams in the world. Private Party still botch quite a bit and are still green. Like I said, I enjoy Private Party and think they're fun, but has PnP even had a title shot?

I like Private Party, but I'd much rather see PnP get the title shot. PnP is treated like an afterthought despite being one of the best tag teams in the world. Private Party still botch quite a bit and are still green. Like I said, I enjoy Private Party and think they're fun, but has PnP even had a title shot?

The only reason there's another tag title match next week is because Mox vs Cage got moved back. I think PnP vs Hangman & Omega needs a longer build so they called an audible.

The only reason there's another tag title match next week is because Mox vs Cage got moved back. I think PnP vs Hangman & Omega needs a longer build so they called an audible.

That's a very good point. Honestly I'm most excited for the eight man tag next week.

If you missed Dynamite this week, you missed a super fun show.

Omega/Page vs Private Party was fun, despite the illegal man still being in the ring far too long constantly. That's my only major complaint about AEW as a whole, but man, it's annoying. The announcers try and say the illegal man as a ten count, but the refs rarely count and rarely try and get the illegal man out. It's bad and needs to change.

Nyla Rose looked like a beast. Announced she's getting a manager. Hoping it's someone cool like Elijah Burke. Also hope we don't have to wait too long to find out.

Young Bucks and FTR vs Lucha Bros and B&B was probably the best eight man tag I've ever seen. Lucha Bros picking up a win is awesome. The only complaint I had was yet again, the illegal men were in the ring entirely too damn long.

Good Taz promo, but I don't care about the FTW in the slightest.

Orange Cassidy vs Jericho was a spectacle that made me feel like a little kid watching wrestling. The Rise of Orange Cassidy has been a fun ride. I hope when he finally picks up a big win it'll be with a real crowd because I think the place would come unglued. I would have booked OC going over, but they're probably saving it for a real audience.

Super fun show like I said. FTR vs Lucha Bros next week is probably going to steal the show.

- Private Party vs Page & Omega © was a great fast-paced opener.

- Janela vs Archer was good.

- The Taz segment fell a bit flat for me because I've never heard of FTW before.

- Lucha Bros, Butcher & Blade vs FTR & Young Bucks was a MOTY Contender. So many crazy spots and double team moves. I thought it might get the main event slot.

- Nyla squash match was fun. Interesting development with her finding a manager. Shida better watch her back.

- Dark Order vs SCU was good. I liked how they incorporated an injury storyline to keep Colt sympathetic.

- Fun lineup for next week's show. This Britt/Swole feud is entertaining.

- OC vs Jericho was my 2nd favorite match. Any other show it would have been my MOTN. Shame they didn't pay for OC's indie theme instead of giving him something generic.

Better than last week even without Mox/Cage.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Omega/Page vs Private Party was fun, despite the illegal man still being in the ring far too long constantly. That's my only major complaint about AEW as a whole, but man, it's annoying. The announcers try and say the illegal man as a ten count, but the refs rarely count and rarely try and get the illegal man out. It's bad and needs to change.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> AEW's tag division is absolutely stacked... but the lack of adherence to the rules, like you mention above drives me nuts!</p>

FTR vs Lucha Bros next week is probably going to steal the show.

No joke. I popped huge when that was announced. Legit dream match.

I'm willing to give them a pass on the 10 count because to me it isn't as egregious as stopping the count at 2 without a kick out - which seems to have stopped - but I can definitely see how it would fall under the same category of "call it like a shoot." Also to be fair, we see all companies play with the 5 count to give more leeway because, you know, sometimes a spot takes seven seconds.

Aside of the 8-man-tag - which was a fn great match - I thought it was a pretty boring show.

The most glaring issue about AEW is ... they either have no long-term booking plans or their booking simply sucks. Just look at Archer and Lee: both were hyped up pretty hard and where are they now, just some weeks later? Lee is stuck in a horrible stable that'll go nowhere and Archer has to work jobbers like Janela for 10 minutes. Insanity. I wouldn't be too surprised if Brian Cage's future looks similar.

btw: what happened to Matt Hardy? Arriving at AEW as the "secret weapon" of the Elite vs the IC and now he is ... managing Private Party? Ugh, okay.

Why does nobody know how to do long-term booking anymore? tbh it feels a bit like WCW 2.0: they bring in new guys, hype them up, then have 0 clue how to use them. It's sad.

Aside of the 8-man-tag - which was a fn great match - I thought it was a pretty boring show.

The most glaring issue about AEW is ... they either have no long-term booking plans or their booking simply sucks. Just look at Archer and Lee: both were hyped up pretty hard and where are they now, just some weeks later? Lee is stuck in a horrible stable that'll go nowhere and Archer has to work jobbers like Janela for 10 minutes. Insanity. I wouldn't be too surprised if Brian Cage's future looks similar.

btw: what happened to Matt Hardy? Arriving at AEW as the "secret weapon" of the Elite vs the IC and now he is ... managing Private Party? Ugh, okay.

Why does nobody know how to do long-term booking anymore? tbh it feels a bit like WCW 2.0: they bring in new guys, hype them up, then have 0 clue how to use them. It's sad.

Now that is a hot take if I've ever seen one. Long-term booking has been AEW's greatest strength. Not everyone needs to be in main event at the same time. They can slide people up and down the card almost at will.

For starters, look at Hangman and Kenny, and the rest of the Elite at that. They've been champs since mid January and there's been tension the whole time, even going back before that when Hangman actually left the Elite. And Hangman and Matt still don't see eye to eye, and that's been going on for the entire year.

Elite vs. Inner Circle started on the first episode of Dynamite on October 2nd and continued on to May 23rd at Double or Nothing. That's seven months.

FTR debuted the dynamite after DoN and instantly started a storyline with the Bucks, and there still hasn't been a match, a month and a half later. And there probably won't be until at LEAST All Out in September if not longer.

The Moxley/Jericho feud lasted what, from late November to February 29 at Revolution? And then continued after that, but the pandemic made plans change.

Darby is still trying to get revenge on Cage for injuring him at DoN on May 23rd.

Cody is so subtly teasing a heel turn by throwing up the four, talking about horses on Twitter with FTR, and playing the heel in TNT title matches with underdog babyfaces for the most part.

There's other examples as well.

I don't even know what you mean about Brodie. He's in the middle of a storyline right now, one that gets plenty of TV time.

Archer I agree on, no arguments there. I hope he has something moving forward.

Cage getting the FTW Championship (for whatever it matters) makes it seem like they have a plan going forward.

It's one thing to not enjoy the product per se, but to say there's no long term storytelling is a flat out lie.

Archer has to work jobbers like Janela for 10 minutes.

This didn't make any sense to me. Archer looks like a killer and should be booked as such. Janela doesn't impress me at all; he's one of only a few wrestlers they have on the roster that I have absolutely no interest in and do not want to see on Dynamite. He's not big, he's not terribly talented in the ring, he's not much of a high flyer. When that match started, I was thinking Archer would squash him in about 5 minutes. The match was too long and they gave Janela way too much offence in my opinion.

The big men are all midcarders. They got initial monster pushes to make them look legit, title shots and now back to midcard (assuming Cage doesn't beat Mox). With only a 2 hour show (plus a youtube squash show) they can't push everyone at once.