GDS Mafia: Barebones 5.0-KE1 brought to you by theoutlaw321

Guest GDS1MAFIACOUNCIL

Guest FirstToGetThisName
Yeah, although frankly I might want to just consider them as just 1 PR. By the way, what is the use of the Mafia Bulletproof? There's no role that can nightkill anywhere in its proximity, save for the Jailkeep, am I wrong?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FirstToGetThisName
People seem quite new to this setup. Hence I'd like to give some advice to the non-mason PRs. Keeping hidden is slightly more important than before because it not only makes your services unavailable to the town, but it also helps the mafia narrow down what the OTHER town PR is.

People seem quite new to this setup. Hence I'd like to give some advice to the non-mason PRs. Keeping hidden is slightly more important than before because it not only makes your services unavailable to the town, but it also helps the mafia narrow down what the OTHER town PR is.

/nod. If one of our power roles is revealed too early it can open up the whole game for the scum. It is a worry.

<p>slipped into bathroom. boss is a pain. </p><p>

like the discussion even though have differing opinions on some things its good that there is relevant discussion about the prs. i agree if you are you need to stay hidden. </p><p>

on flip side if we can catch a scum pr early then we can narrow down the possibilities on their side.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The only reason I am so adament this time is because we have to vote for it to happen and a majority gets lynched. Votes are way more valuable than in past games so use them wisely.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly. I don't think we've ever seen these rules here. It means scum can easily cause mislynches actually, especially on day one when they don't need excuses so much.</p>

<p>Just to throw my opinion into the pile, a day one lynch makes sense to me. Especially in a game with little power roles, we really need to be using our votes and start having some voting patterns to be able to look at.</p><p> </p><p>

I feel like the Lukess/MM day one lynch debate made me feel a little better about both of them, honestly. </p><p> </p><p>

If I'm remembering right, Lukess has mainly played mafia here on GDS where there tends to be a bit more reliance on active roles (and role reveals, but that's a discussion for another time). </p><p> </p><p>

MM has played more and elsewhere and is obviously more pro-lynch. It feels like MM's style is more of putting pressure on someone, hoping they slip up and crack. Which is fine but not something Lukess would be used to (leading to the back and forth).</p><p> </p><p>

Won't lie - fun to see things get heated though, thought we'd still be jokey and not serious enough until we got closer to end of this day phase.</p>

Guest FirstToGetThisName
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If one of our power roles is revealed, it either gives away the other, or narrows it down to 4 options, neither of which is optimal.</div></blockquote>No, actually. If you look at the matrix, each mafia role actually appears twice, and they are arranged in such a way that for any pair of mafia PRs, there are at least 2 possible pairs of corresponding tiles, sometimes 4. But knowing one of the PRs is going to narrow this number.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FirstToGetThisName" data-cite="FirstToGetThisName" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, actually. If you look at the matrix, each mafia role actually appears twice, and they are arranged in such a way that for any pair of mafia PRs, there are at least 2 possible pairs of corresponding tiles, sometimes 4. But knowing one of the PRs is going to narrow this number.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, it isn't just Column A, Column B, Column C, or Column D. There's a lot of potential options/configurations. I like having the wiki though, it will allow us to narrow things down as the game goes on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just to throw my opinion into the pile, a day one lynch makes sense to me. Especially in a game with little power roles, we really need to be using our votes and start having some voting patterns to be able to look at.<p> </p><p> I feel like the Lukess/MM day one lynch debate made me feel a little better about both of them, honestly. </p><p> </p><p> If I'm remembering right, Lukess has mainly played mafia here on GDS where there tends to be a bit more reliance on active roles (and role reveals, but that's a discussion for another time). </p><p> </p><p> MM has played more and elsewhere and is obviously more pro-lynch. It feels like MM's style is more of putting pressure on someone, hoping they slip up and crack. Which is fine but not something Lukess would be used to (leading to the back and forth).</p><p> </p><p> Won't lie - fun to see things get heated though, thought we'd still be jokey and not serious enough until we got closer to end of this day phase.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> MM has got a lot more quiet since then. He might be the sort of player that when he's online he really plays hard.</p>

Guest MafiaMenace
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>MM has got a lot more quiet since then. He might be the sort of player that when he's online he really plays hard.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> thats exactly how i am</p><p> </p><p> i have a few suspicions im gonna let off with these posts</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>MM has got a lot more quiet since then. He might be the sort of player that when he's online he really plays hard.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, that's the vibe I got.</p><p> </p><p> Since you're here: How you feeling about the votes on you?</p>

Guest MafiaMenace
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, that's the vibe I got.<p> </p><p> Since you're here: How you feeling about the votes on you?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> im being voted? wnys that</p><p> its nothing i cant handle anyway</p>

Guest MafiaMenace
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Isos?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> isolations</p><p> they isolate a specific players post</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MafiaMenace" data-cite="MafiaMenace" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>im being voted? wnys that<p> its nothing i cant handle anyway</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, that was directed towards Destiny. With you, I just don't know what "Isos" means.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MafiaMenace" data-cite="MafiaMenace" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>isolations<p> they isolate a specific players post</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh. You can do that but it doesn't work 100% of the time for me. </p><p> </p><p> On the Dog Pound, it list "replies" to the right of the thread. Click that and it pops up with who posted and how many times. Click the number next to the person you're interested in and you'll see all their posts in the thread.</p>

Guest MafiaMenace
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh. You can do that but it doesn't work 100% of the time for me. <p> </p><p> On the Dog Pound, it list "replies" to the right of the thread. Click that and it pops up with who posted and how many times. Click the number next to the person you're interested in and you'll see all their posts in the thread.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> oh yeah that works really well</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FirstToGetThisName" data-cite="FirstToGetThisName" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, actually. If you look at the matrix, each mafia role actually appears twice, and they are arranged in such a way that for any pair of mafia PRs, there are at least 2 possible pairs of corresponding tiles, sometimes 4. But knowing one of the PRs is going to narrow this number.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was just thinking on the basis of a knight's move. Either 3 roles revealed (the 2 scum + 1 town) shows an L shape with 1 missing spot, which is obv the town power role, or it shows a straight line, which means its a turn at either end.</p>

Guest Jackofhearts2005
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46306" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For what it's worth, I think I agree with lukesss that a day one lynch in this scenario risks hitting a townie, or even worse one of the few power roles we have. I realise that we need to read from the thread but no doubt the night roles should also come in handy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is there a reason a night role can’t just claim to avoid mislynch? Other than the night roles not being locked in.</p>

Guest FirstToGetThisName

<p>Er, I was also talking about a knight's move (though TSS wasn't). Say, for instance, the mafia have Roleblocker and Bulletproof. There'd be 4 possible tile combinations for them:</p><p>

B1&B3, B1&D1, B3&D3, D1&D3</p><p>

If, say, the Town Cop dies, then only the D1&D3 combo can be ruled out. However, while generating this example, I realized that there actually can be cases where they narrow down the other town straight to its exact identity (For example, if Jailkeep died.)</p>

Archived