Chaos On The Clarke! [Starship Mafia 1] Game Thread

Rayelek

<p>I'm struggling to catch up, TBH. I might be more active tomorrow and the days to come but as I explained yesterday, I'm not as active when I'm not stuck in the office (It's a holiday here today so what I'm catching up on right now is the last hour and a half of Wrestlemania).</p><p> </p><p>

Surprised to see my name pop up as I've never really been anyone's target LOL but I'm blue, through and through. (Yes, BHK, I go out at night)</p><p> </p><p>

The kills seem pretty straightforward. I'm curious as to what the big red button is. And the earpiece being slipped into someone else. If that means there's a mason group, then great (as long as they're Crew aligned, of course).</p><p> </p><p>

Going to re-read N0 and N1 again, will be back if anyone has any questions for me.</p>

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Opulent
EP that't not a great attitude. No one inherently knows anything. That doesn't mean you can't try and pressure people as town. You don't need to solve the setup to solve the game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eternal Phoenix" data-cite="Eternal Phoenix" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><em>I'm</em> not that good. Oy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you feel better about anyone at least?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michgcs" data-cite="michgcs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm struggling to catch up, TBH. I might be more active tomorrow and the days to come but as I explained yesterday, I'm not as active when I'm not stuck in the office (It's a holiday here today so what I'm catching up on right now is the last hour and a half of Wrestlemania).<p> </p><p> Surprised to see my name pop up as I've never really been anyone's target LOL but I'm blue, through and through. (Yes, BHK, I go out at night)</p><p> </p><p> The kills seem pretty straightforward. I'm curious as to what the big red button is. And the earpiece being slipped into someone else. If that means there's a mason group, then great (as long as they're Crew aligned, of course).</p><p> </p><p> Going to re-read N0 and N1 again, will be back if anyone has any questions for me.</p></div></blockquote><p> B, C-, C, C+, B, B+, C+, B+, D+, D+, Thug=B, B, D, C-, B, Overall "B" show. No need to watch now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Opulent" data-cite="Opulent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>EP that't not a great attitude. No one inherently knows anything. That doesn't mean you can't try and pressure people as town. You don't need to solve the setup to solve the game.</div></blockquote><p> I don't want to solve the set up. I want to watch, think, and when something isn't right ask if we can talk about Jaded, please. So to speak. Also, 400+ posts is a lot to read, man. And most of it is either hinting around things or virtually baseless speculation.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you feel better about anyone at least?</div></blockquote><p> You and Opulent seem to be behaving normally, at least.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Imarevenant" data-cite="Imarevenant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They're are over 400 posts, surely at least 1 of them peaked your interest.</div></blockquote><p> Sure, and I put them in this post right here-vvv</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eternal Phoenix" data-cite="Eternal Phoenix" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh, now there's a interesting thought. Scum powers.<p> </p><p> Extending some trust early. Also interesting.</p><p> </p><p> And I am. Just...you don't need me right now, and not that good, anyway.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Who, in the writeup? Not to my knowledge.</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eternal Phoenix" data-cite="Eternal Phoenix" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Extending some trust early. Also interesting.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’d say testing the waters. I trust no one at this point, BUT pressure on a player only works if we get a number of people behind it. One vote really is meaningless most of the time. </p><p> </p><p> With that I’m going to bed. It’s half past 1 in the morning.</p>

@Teh Showtime @Emark @The Two

Let's say hypothetically I could give one of you a gun today, who would you shoot that isn't one of the 3 of you and why?

The last game I played, I was town vigilante. I didn't send a kill until Night 3 because that was the first time I felt even half confident about a target. I don't like taking pot shots as town.

If I had to, I'd probably take a safer option and take an inactive like Showtime said.

It's probably coincidence, but Archer did the "oh hey guys, I'm not here, back later" thing the whole game when he won as SK. The following game he was town and was around a lot more.

I know I said DTA, I admit that's a little simplistic. There are a couple of people I feel better about than others, but I'm not betting the house on it.

I don't take notes, so it takes longer for a picture to form for me. MLT has said a couple of things that don't sit right, but I don't have a strong gut feeling on it, just one I'm watching.

The Two is also someone I am suspicious of. I am curious to see if they can reply in the next few hours.

The question was asked at 2am on a Tuesday. This was 3am. #Timezones

Besides Opulent who asked T2 a question. Does anyone who voted for him actually have any questions for him?

T2 was a tad cagey in one game (I can't remember if it was his VIG or Mason game) about asking questions but with both roles it is understandable.

I guess I could throw out some of the standard questions that I usually ask...

The Two: Does your character go out at night?

If your character does are you required to do so?

What do you think about the three people who voted for you without asking any questions?

Yes, I can go out.

No, I don't have to.

I don't like it, but pressure votes are pressure votes. I'm not taking it personally.

Would still like to see Emark pushed but we need to open multiple avenues of pressure early on otherwise we will stall out like last phase. No lynching isn't helping us much.

Notably people speculating about Opulent v1's death seem to be distracting or creating a threat that likely isn't there. Seems like a specific role on role interaction to me.

Welcome back. I know you can't really discuss your old role so it's hard to talk about it.

Why do you give Eliphas a pass because he said he wont be around but not one to Archer who clearly stated he is on a mountain and checking in when in "town"

As someone said, when The Archer was SK he did the whole inactive thing and poisoned a lot of people.

Fellow residents of the Clarke, good day.

I didn't like this post when reading it but then you brought up some discussion at least.

Sigh. I don't know anything. I have no reads. No information. Nothing. Because it is early. I am profoundly awful early. Unlike some minimal posters, at least I'm being honest about it. Ah, and reading too much into the writeups I feel is unnecessary speculation. Scum killed an indy. A townie got arrested, whatever that means (equivalent to dead, it seems). And a few other things happened that will be incredibly obvious once the game's progressed a bit. I don't know what you want from me, man. I'm not gonna post for the sake of doing it.

I part agree with this and part feel that we need to try as much as we can, we can't just sit back until we have leads.

I'm all caught up now but still busy with my sister who's visiting. Will try to catch up as and when I can guys. Thank you for your cooperation and sorry for your inconvenience.

It is now Day Phase Two. With 20 people remaining, its 11 to lynch. You have until 17:00 GMT (12:00 EST) Wednesday April 10, to reach a majority decision. If no majority is reached the day will end in a no lynch.

You are free to continue to post.

The Two - 3 (Too Sweet Spartan, moon_lit_tears, Leion)

Teh_Showtime - 1 (Opulent)

No Vote - 16 (lukess11, Destiny, bak42, Imarevenant, The Two, I effin rule, Eternal Phoenix, Bluestar, BHK1978, djthefunkchris, Michgcs, The Archer, Zergon, Teh_Showtime, Emark, Eliphas)

@Teh Showtime @Emark @The Two

Let's say hypothetically I could give one of you a gun today, who would you shoot that isn't one of the 3 of you and why?

I find it ironic that the past couple of games, the inactive players were voted on pretty heavily but not this one, so given the shot, that is where I would aim.

When I first read the post, I misread it and thought you were asking the three of us to choose from that group. My first impression when reading that was to respond by taking the bullet myself so you can see when my behind is spaced it will be blue.

Maybe when ‘Grizzly’ Archer comes down from the mountain cabin, he can impart what he thinks.

Welcome back. I know you can't really discuss your old role so it's hard to talk about it.

As someone said, when The Archer was SK he did the whole inactive thing and poisoned a lot of people.

I didn't like this post when reading it but then you brought up some discussion at least.

I part agree with this and part feel that we need to try as much as we can, we can't just sit back until we have leads.

I'm all caught up now but still busy with my sister who's visiting. Will try to catch up as and when I can guys. Thank you for your cooperation and sorry for your inconvenience.

Sorry about that, I hit submit instead of preview by mistake. :o

Caught up on conversation from yesterday.

When I first read the post, I misread it and thought you were asking the three of us to choose from that group. My first impression when reading that was to respond by taking the bullet myself so you can see when my behind is spaced it will be blue.

Hmm. How do you feel about Showtime and The Two?

I find it ironic that the past couple of games, the inactive players were voted on pretty heavily but not this one, so given the shot, that is where I would aim.

I will say that is bugging me too.

lukess 7

bak 4

michgcs 4

Eliphas 3

The Archer 2

I'd like to hear/see more from these posters. Because at the moment, the three people "standing trial" are being more active and pushing conversation at least.

Caught up on conversation from yesterday.

Hmm. How do you feel about Showtime and The Two?

I will say that is bugging me too.

lukess 7

bak 4

michgcs 4

Eliphas 3

The Archer 2

I'd like to hear/see more from these posters. Because at the moment, the three people "standing trial" are being more active and pushing conversation at least.

I’m not really seeing the target on The Two. He expressed some thoughts and said he wasn’t feeling me as scum.

Showtime, at least to me, is playing similar to last game. I’m also not feeling scum vibes but he did have me snowed until that last phase.

Eliphas is new but the rest of been around enough to know their inactivity will be start to become problematic.

I’m not really seeing the target on The Two. He expressed some thoughts and said he wasn’t feeling me as scum.

Showtime, at least to me, is playing similar to last game. I’m also not feeling scum vibes but he did have me snowed until that last phase.

Thanks for the reads. I don't necessarily agree with them but I appreciate your perspective none the less.

Eliphas is new but the rest of been around enough to know their inactivity will be start to become problematic.

Only if we actually push people on it and not let them get away with it.

Well, screw it. I was going to place my vote his way before, I'll do it now and put even more pressure to respond.

Vote: The Two

Spartan, horse to my wagon, you wanted a response and you got it. Now what?

Got any questions for me, chief, or are you happy to just leave me in the doghouse?

Thanks for the reads. I don't necessarily agree with them but I appreciate your perspective none the less.

Only if we actually push people on it and not let them get away with it.

And that’s cool we don’t necessarily agree. That’s why we all have individual viewpoints.

I mean here we are just about 1 1/2 day phases and 1 night phase and one person has 2 posts.

Vote: The Archer. May not gain any traction but this where I’ll land for now.

I should add that I am going to be a lot more busy today than yesterday which stinks, because I feel like the conversation yesterday helped a lot with my reads (and also why I wanted to get my vote in early).

I should ideally be back on tonight, and even if not, definitely tomorrow prior to end of day phase. I hope we can keep pushing conversation and get reads from people who don't have feelings stated. People's reads today could be telling for looking back in a few day phases. It is what helped get Showtime and won it for us last time.

Oh, few more posts popped up. I'll answer them before I go.

Spartan, horse to my wagon, you wanted a response and you got it. Now what?

Got any questions for me, chief, or are you happy to just leave me in the doghouse?

I'm kind of stuck on you at the moment. You gave me answers, I don't hate them. I'm hoping prodding the inactives could either:

A) provide something that makes me feel stronger one way or the other about you/Emark/Showtime

B) provide something that makes me feel a different path is better.

I'm keeping my vote on you for now but I'll admit to be wavering and doubting myself on it at the moment.

And that’s cool we don’t necessarily agree. That’s why we all have individual viewpoints.

I mean here we are just about 1 1/2 day phases and 1 night phase and one person has 2 posts.

Vote: The Archer. May not gain any traction but this where I’ll land for now.

Good, let's push some more angles and see what happens.

Okay, now I'm off!

Your needle is moving in the right direction at least, I'll take it. :cool:

I'm not sure about Showtime, but the more I hear from Emark, the more confident I feel that he's fighting the good fight.

To that end, I'm happy to join the push on ol' Mountain Man. Vote: The Archer

atched up again (finally).

Good catch, I didn't think of that.

In fairness, the second and third sections of the writeup are pretty self-explanatory. The first part is the only one with much ambiguity worth discussing.

I agree that the second part is pretty easy to explain but that "Bout time. We know why you're here." line makse me wonder if the scum team actually knew something about TBP or his role that we didn´t? Or was that line just storytelling?

Addition #2 :D

In going back to the first write up, the young man behind the podium talks about increasing his audience and the night write up says a young man wishes to talk with the crew member.

Good point, I actually didn´t make that connection at all (shows how good I am catching things :o). Was going to ask people´s current thoughts about the guy on podium (and other things that happened during night 0/1) but seems we have moved onwards from night reads (and quite a few have already stated their opinions) so probably not useful to try to start that conversation again.

Sigh. I don't know anything. I have no reads. No information. Nothing. Because it is early. I am profoundly awful early. Unlike some minimal posters, at least I'm being honest about it. Ah, and reading too much into the writeups I feel is unnecessary speculation. Scum killed an indy. A townie got arrested, whatever that means (equivalent to dead, it seems). And a few other things happened that will be incredibly obvious once the game's progressed a bit. I don't know what you want from me, man. I'm not gonna post for the sake of doing it.

As someone who´s struggling to make any reads, I can relate to you. The reason who I said you catched my eyes is that I feel that giving anyone first 2 - 3 days off based on their playing style gives them too much time to do stuff if they happen to be SK or scum. But you have shared your thoughts now and I´m willing to move elsewhere for now.

Catched up again (finally).

I agree that the second part is pretty easy to explain but that "Bout time. We know why you're here." line makes me wonder if the scum team actually knew something about TBP or his role that we didn´t? Or was that line just storytelling?

Good point, I actually didn´t make that connection at all (shows how good I am catching things :o). Was going to ask people´s current thoughts about the guy on podium (and other things that happened during night 0/1) but seems we have moved onwards from night reads (and quite a few have already stated their opinions) so probably not useful to try to start that conversation again.

As someone who´s struggling to make any reads, I can relate to you. The reason why I said you catched my eyes is that I feel that giving anyone first 2 - 3 days off based on their playing style gives them too much time to do stuff if they happen to be SK or scum. But you have shared your thoughts now and I´m willing to move elsewhere for now.

Never mind this one, just fixing some spelling mistakes I spotted on my previous post so that people can understand what an earth I did actually say.

Archived