So, this is my first game where I actually feel I'm getting somewhere. I started as a local and was over the moon to actually stick with a company that made small. This is huge for me. I am now on the verge of making regional. This is totally new waters.

Can anyone advise any tips, any strategies? I know there's one jump (either to regional or cult) where you make the progression but can knocked back down again the next month and kind of get caught in limbo. That doesn't sound fun.

I'm in Britain with a created fed and SNP made regional a few months before me so I imagine that will have some impact.

Also, with the right sort of product should I be trying for TV or is it better to wait til cult and tie people down with contracts?

I'm just guessing at this point because I don't really know what to expect. It's all very exciting though.

Don't bother with TV until you hit Cult.

TV and the production that comes with it is a HUGE undertaking, and you need to make sure you have strong financials before you attempt it. And you can't sign anyone at regional so you will be taking a hit on PPAs as well.

Usually when I am at Regional I'll do maybe 2 or 3 shows a month depending on how healthy I am financially.

Also don't rush to TV or try and grow to quickly, you are at a point right now where you need to start figuring out who will carry your company when the time comes and start pushing those guys as your stars. But also make a few semi-stars to take the place of your stars that could get snatched up by a bigger company.

Just realize that right now is an exciting but stressful time, you will lose some top stars to bigger companies, but to always have a back-up plan until you can start locking guys down on written deals.

And yes this is also the time when you can get stuck in limbo due to the jump to Cult. Reaching Cult status is great, but now you are in massive battles for position with other companies near you and if you come out of the gate cold it'll blast you for it.

Cult is terribly annoying with the way your expenses skyrocket. I don't necessarily agree with it, but the work around is to stay at Regional, building up Pop everywhere but in the one or two areas that will push you up into Cult. This way, when you DO embrace your Cult status, you can weather the financial storm ....

It takes forever to get from Regional to cult! I think it might be the hardest transition period. Now that your regional, your top guys will start being picked off left and right, and that always sucks. Once you are able to reach Cult, I recommend not going pass regional, until you feel you're healthy financially. I cant say how much as its been awhile. Once you get to cult, I signed 6 or so lower card guys tot small deals, and my top projected/biggest stars. At 10 people you can run house shows, which is a source for income.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigelow Cartwheel" data-cite="Bigelow Cartwheel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46557" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, this is my first game where I actually feel I'm getting somewhere. I started as a local and was over the moon to actually stick with a company that made small. This is huge for me. I am now on the verge of making regional. This is totally new waters.<p> </p><p> Can anyone advise any tips, any strategies? I know there's one jump (either to regional or cult) where you make the progression but can knocked back down again the next month and kind of get caught in limbo. That doesn't sound fun.</p><p> </p><p> I'm in Britain with a created fed and SNP made regional a few months before me so I imagine that will have some impact.</p><p> </p><p> Also, with the right sort of product should I be trying for TV or is it better to wait til cult and tie people down with contracts?</p><p> </p><p> I'm just guessing at this point because I don't really know what to expect. It's all very exciting though.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1. If you've got the horses, you can make the jump to Cult way too quickly. Finances are key, talent isn't for this next climb. Make sure you can sustain your growth. </p><p> </p><p> 2. I recommend being vigilant about discovering new young talent that can grow with you and getting them rolling through your card slowly because you won't hold onto much of it until you can get access to written deals.</p>

<p>This is all excellent stuff guys. Thank you.</p><p> </p><p>

I've had quite a few long running feuds that I've been really happy with the way they've played out. I've purposefully let contracts expire when their demands got too high. Who's to say I won't see them somewhere down the line? I'm hoping I have the same feels when my top guys get picked off - they're only a surprise run in from reigniting old flames...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46557" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Best advise for regional.<p> </p><p> Run shows like a madman.</p><p> </p><p> If you aren't running 70+ shows a year you are basically plateauing.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh no. Really? I try and avoid spamming but I hear what you’re saying. </p><p> </p><p> In under 2 weeks I dropped back down to small and this was before my scheduled show was due to take place. So now I have a show I can’t gain pop from. Hoping this isn’t a regular thing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46557" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Best advise for regional.<p> </p><p> Run shows like a madman.</p><p> </p><p> If you aren't running 70+ shows a year you are basically plateauing.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigelow Cartwheel" data-cite="Bigelow Cartwheel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46557" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh no. Really? I try and avoid spamming but I hear what you’re saying. <p> </p><p> In under 2 weeks I dropped back down to small and this was before my scheduled show was due to take place. So now I have a show I can’t gain pop from. Hoping this isn’t a regular thing.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That advice is if you're optimizing popularity growth. There's nothing wrong with taking it easy and doing one or two shows a month. You won't grow as fast and you will experience times when your region's importance drops, which moves you back down a level. That's fine. It's part of the game. You don't go out of business for dropping down a level.</p><p> </p><p> Also, I'm 90% sure that your workers continue to gain popularity even if your company doesn't so you'll be putting on higher quality matches and will jump back to regional soon after the cool-off period.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46557" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Based on how you can reasonably hit National in this game with an optimal cult growth it will literally take about 200 great shows to hit the Cult threshold you need.<p> </p><p> At 2 a month that is going to take you 10 years.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't see that as a problem. You get to see more workers debut, retire, get generated, etc. You can watch your young workers develop into stars or drop off the face of the earth, you can struggle with larger companies poaching your talent, and finally you get to make it to Cult and secure your own future and start trying to make plays for castoff talent from the bigger companies.</p><p> </p><p> The game is pretty easy and there's no real win conditions. I don't need to optimize my gameplay.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46557" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Based on how you can reasonably hit National in this game with an optimal cult growth it will literally take about 200 great shows to hit the Cult threshold you need.<p> </p><p> At 2 a month that is going to take you 10 years.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd say that's rather realistic as a cult and higher promotion should be running at least a weekly event or weekly TV show at minimum.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="piccamo" data-cite="piccamo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46557" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't see that as a problem. You get to see more workers debut, retire, get generated, etc. You can watch your young workers develop into stars or drop off the face of the earth, you can struggle with larger companies poaching your talent, and finally you get to make it to Cult and secure your own future and start trying to make plays for castoff talent from the bigger companies.<p> </p><p> The game is pretty easy and there's no real win conditions. I don't need to optimize my gameplay.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I wasn't really talking to you. Im talking to the OP who specifically was looking for hints on how to get to the next level which he clearly stated in his post.</p><p> </p><p> If you want to stay regional until 2026 then yeah you don't need to optimize your gameplay and if you have no set goals for yourself there basically is no challenge therefore no difficulty.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Suboptimally reaching cult just gets you hardstuck there. Since then reaching National with the current growth limitations would literally wrequire, just an estimate... another 300-400 shows.</p><p> </p><p> Given that running a three area powerhouse does nothing in this version as far as getting on TV, and manually getting everything up to the point where you can hit national would probably take 25 years literally.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> You might hit national this way in 2050 or whatever.</p>

A lot of it depends on what Region and country you're in, what the Wrestling Industry/ Economy is, what the trends are, etc. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but running a regional company like OLLIE or 5SSW is MUCH different than running a company like AAA.

<p>True. Mexican companies are actually not that hard or unreasonable to take to National just with normal gameplay, due to only needing 3 areas and getting access to TV deals quite reasonably early.</p><p> </p><p>

Its just the US companies that need to be played in this very specific way due to the lack of distribution available to them until very high levels of popularity.</p>

True. Mexican companies are actually not that hard or unreasonable to take to National just with normal gameplay, due to only needing 3 areas and getting access to TV deals quite reasonably early.

Its just the US companies that need to be played in this very specific way due to the lack of distribution available to them until very high levels of popularity.

Yeah. I mean, companies like QAW or any in the Southwest, you can just grind in your home area and one other spot (the Midwest is a good choice) and then you hit Cult and can get on Canal Dos. Most other companies in the U.S., you hit Cult and then... You still have more grinding to do. Most of them, it's better to just stay in the home region, and get that money up and start a broadcaster.

Hopefully, the 2020 C-Verse adds some new broadcasters.

I also recommend trying to buy up some other smaller companies because you can acquire some good workers and pick up some extra pop. I had a local company in the USA and purchased a Scandinavian company GBG and ended up running tours over there monthly. I lost a ton of money up front but I was able to get some free to air over there. More popularity is more sponsor money and I ended up going from 20K in debt to 20K profit in 3 months running about 6 to 8 show a month. You take a financial hit but just don't go crazy with buying companies with a ton of debt. I made that mistake once too and in a Japan company that was Small buying a company that was 1 million in debt when I was just drawing 200 fans after it I was drawing around 1000 with the pop boost but still couldn't shovel out before the doors closed.

I went Small to Cult in the USA in a sub-optimal way. I basically had 1 or 2 shows a month that I considered my main shows, then show-spammed a B-Show to grow in other areas, aiming to get on PPV.

Thinking back, this was a very bad and grindy way to do it. It woulda been better to show-spam in my home region to gain lots of money, then buy my own broadcaster

In the UK, I'm looking at the broadcasters and my sub-optimal strategy actually looks viable. You can aim for a PPV deal with UK-1, which requires 35 pop in 3 areas. So you have your A-Show in your home region and you attempt to grow two different regions with a B-Show.

Then you aim for Channel Six commercial deal which requires 4 regions at 28 which broadcasts all over UK and Canada. This gives you a second country so that when you prepare to go National, International is just a stone's throw away

Might still be more optimal to grow in one region and get your own broadcaster, but atleast it's not as bad a grind as the US

Archived