WWF 1991: I Don't Have a Catchy Name

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King of the Ring Tournament First Round Matches(in bracket order)

**The winner of the King of the Ring Tournament gets a WWF Heavyweight Championship match at Summerslam.**

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

vs.

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

Comments:

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

vs.

Vader

Comments:

Bret "Hitman" Hart

vs.

Bam Bam Bigelow

Comments:

Tito Santana

vs.

Larry Zbyszko

Comments:

WWF Intercontinental Championship

The Big Boss Man (c) vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Comments:

WWF Tag Team Championship

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid w/ I.R.S. © vs. The Rock 'n' Roll Express

Comments:

Grudge Match

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper and The Ultimate Warrior vs. The Undertaker and Kevin Sullivan w/ Paul Bearer

Comments:

Handicap Match

Mr. Perfect vs. Haku and The Barbarian w/ Bobby Heenan

Comments:

Tag Team Match

The Rockers vs. The Can-Am Express(Phil Lafon & Doug Furnas)

Comments:

Bonus Questions

Who will win the King of the Ring Tournament? Vader

Who will be the runner-up in the King of the Ring Tournament? Bret Hart

WWF King of the Ring 1991

Sunday, Week 4, June 1991

From the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington

King of the Ring Tournament First Round Matches(in bracket order)

**The winner of the King of the Ring Tournament gets a WWF Heavyweight Championship match at Summerslam.**

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

vs.

Comments:

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

vs.

Vader

Comments:

Bret "Hitman" Hart

vs.

Bam Bam Bigelow

Comments:

Tito Santana

vs.

Larry Zbyszko

Comments:

WWF Intercontinental Championship

The Big Boss Man © vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Comments:

WWF Tag Team Championship

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid w/ I.R.S. © vs. The Rock 'n' Roll Express

Comments:

Grudge Match

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper and The Ultimate Warrior vs. The Undertaker and Kevin Sullivan w/ Paul Bearer

Comments:

Handicap Match

Comments:

Tag Team Match

Comments:

Bonus Questions

Who will win the King of the Ring Tournament?

Who will be the runner-up in the King of the Ring Tournament?

Answer 1: Ricky Steamboat

Answer 2: Bret Hart

<p>Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: </p><p> </p><p>

Jake "The Snake" Roberts</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Bret "Hitman" Hart</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Larry Z</p><p> </p><p>

WWF Intercontinental Championship</p><p>

The Big Boss Man © </p><p> </p><p>

WWF Tag Team Championship</p><p>

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid w/ I.R.S. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper and The Ultimate Warrior </p><p> </p><p>

Handicap Match</p><p>

Mr. Perfect </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

The Can-Am Express(Phil Lafon & Doug Furnas)</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Questions</p><p>

Who will win the King of the Ring Tournament?</p><p>

Who will be the runner-up in the King of the Ring Tournament?</p><p> </p><p>

Answer 1: Bret Hart</p><p>

Answer 2: Ricky Steamboat</p>

WWF King of the Ring 1991

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

vs.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

vs.

Vader

Bret "Hitman" Hart

vs.

Bam Bam Bigelow

Tito Santana

vs.

Larry Zbyszko

The Big Boss Man © vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Bonus Questions

Answer 1: Vader

You really are doing a great job with this. I try to only skin read as I don't want to steal ideas for my own 91 diary. But what I have read you are doing a great job.

Thanks for the compliment Dave! I know what you mean about just skimming other diaries. I'm actually pretty paranoid about copying other writers' ideas myself and won't even fully read a Cverse dynasty right now, even though I'm writing real world.

Vader

Bret "Hitman" Hart

Larry Zbyszko

The Big Boss Man (c) vs. Sgt. Slaughter

The Rock 'n' Roll Express

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper and The Ultimate Warrior

Mr. Perfect

The Rockers

Who will win the King of the Ring Tournament? Vader

Who will be the runner-up in the King of the Ring Tournament? Bret Hart

Thanks for reading and predicting again Martel123!

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Bret "Hitman" Hart

Larry Zbyszko

The Big Boss Man ©

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid

The Undertaker and Kevin Sullivan w/ Paul Bearer

Mr. Perfect

The Rockers

Answer 1: Ricky Steamboat

Thanks for reading and predicting again Smasher1311!

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Bret "Hitman" Hart

Larry Z

The Big Boss Man ©

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid w/ I.R.S. ©

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper and The Ultimate Warrior

Mr. Perfect

The Can-Am Express(Phil Lafon & Doug Furnas)

Answer 1: Bret Hart

Answer 2: Ricky Steamboat

Thanks for reading and predicting again Jaysin!

Vader

Bret "Hitman" Hart

Larry Zbyszko

The Big Boss Man ©

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid w/ I.R.S. ©

The Undertaker and Kevin Sullivan w/ Paul Bearer

Mr. Perfect

The Can-Am Express(Phil Lafon & Doug Furnas)

Answer 1: Vader

Thanks for reading and predicting again Element!

**I'm making good progress on King of the Ring 1991 and hope to have it posted by tomorrow.**

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Easily my favorite diary in a really long time. Not just saying that because I'm crushing it in the prediction contest. It's well written, realistic, and multiple interesting stories.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow! I sincerely appreciate the compliment Jaysin! That's exactly the kind of stuff that keeps me motivated when I get a little behind or hit a bit of a lull while writing. It really means a lot to me!</p>

God I love the fact that you gave Bret the big win here. Easily my fav choice in the tourny next to Vader. Great stuff.

Vader was actually the only other guy I really considered giving the KOTR win to, so you would have been good either way!

Anyway, glad you liked it Munit and thanks very much for reading!

Just caught up with King Of The Ring. Great job man. Very happy with Hitman winning and the match write-ups were of a high quality. Having Pillman part of The Rockers' split is an original take too.

Thanks man! I particularly appreciate the comment on the match write-ups since that's the main thing I struggle with in this dynasty.

The hardest part, other than trying not to repeat things from past matches or getting too repetitive with certain turns of phrase or adjectives, is the fact that for some matches, I just don't have any particular ideas other than the winner. Which is fine in most cases, since the match itself is really secondary to the overall story in a Pop>Performance company like early 90s WWF.

But it just annoys me, when I'll sometimes end up with a midcard match that's three or four paragraphs long, but my main event, where the winner is really the only important thing, will be one paragraph. And the next thing you know I've spent an hour(or longer) trying to "beef it up" a little.

Anyway, I'm gonna stop there before I ramble on for another two or three paragraphs. Which of course, is another problem I have for some matches. Too many thoughts or ideas, when I'm just trying to keep it simple.

Thanks for reading!

<p><strong>Match to determine #1 Contender to WWF Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam</strong></p><p>

<strong>Bret "Hitman" Hart</strong> vs. The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Probably the hardest one for me, but I go with the Hitman. Got to be honest, I think you push him a bit too hard in just a couple of months, but I probably have this feeling because I am a really slow pusher.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>No Night Off Six-Man Tag</strong></p><p>

<strong>The Kingdom(Savage,Rude,Vader) w/ Sensational "Queen" Sherri</strong> vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and The Legion of Doom</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: This one goes to the Kingdom. No question. By the way, i really like the Matchname "No Night Off Six-Man Tag"</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Grudge Match</strong></p><p>

<strong>Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat</strong> vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: As much as I would like to say that Roddy wins, i think this one goes to the Dragon</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WWF Intercontinental Championship</strong></p><p>

<strong>The Big Boss Man ©</strong> vs. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Pretty sure that this one wont be a clean victory. I would even go so far as predicting that Koloff will get disqualified.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WWF Tag Team Championship</strong></p><p>

<strong>"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid ©</strong> vs. The New Foundation</p><p>

**I.R.S. is banned from ringside.**</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I don't think that you will take the titles of DiBiase and Sid so soon.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Grudge Match</strong></p><p>

Terry Funk w/ Bobby Heenan vs. <strong>Mr. Perfect</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Comments: He outsmarted Funk & Heenan before, he will probably do it again, but I think his war between Heenan and Perfect is far from over.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tag Team Grudge Match w/ Special Referee Marty Jannetty</strong></p><p>

The Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. <strong>"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I think they will take Jannetty out before the Match starts.</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Question</p><p>

Highest scoring match of the night?</p><p> </p><p>

Answer: As long as they don't have terrible chemistry against each other, I think Piper vs. Steamboat will be the Showstealer.</p><p> </p><p>

PS: Quick question: Do you have any plans involving Larry Zbyzko? You haven't used him since King of the Ring (except for one match against Dino Bravo) and I am a really big fan of him.</p><p> </p><p>

PPS: Please continue your wonderful work. My favorite Diary to read by far.</p>

<p>WWF Saturday Night's Main Event: Roadblock</p><p> </p><p>

Match to determine #1 Contender to WWF Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam</p><p>

<strong>Bret "Hitman" Hart</strong> vs. The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer</p><p> </p><p>

No Night Off Six-Man Tag</p><p>

<strong>The Kingdom(Savage,Rude,Vader)</strong> w/ Sensational "Queen" Sherri vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and The Legion of Doom</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat</strong> vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper</p><p> </p><p>

The Big Boss Man © vs.<strong> "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid ©</strong> vs. The New Foundation</p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Tag Team Grudge Match w/ Special Referee Marty Jannetty</p><p>

<strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong> vs. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Question</p><p>

Answer:<strong> Hart vs. Undertaker</strong></p>

<p>WWF Saturday Night's Main Event: Roadblock</p><p> </p><p>

Saturday, Week 4, July 1991</p><p> </p><p>

From the Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Match to determine #1 Contender to WWF Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam</p><p>

<strong>The Kingdom(Savage,Rude,Vader) w/ Sensational "Queen" Sherri</strong> vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and The Legion of Doom</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>The Big Boss Man © </strong>vs. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

The Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. <strong>"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Question</p><p>

Answer: Bret vs Undertaker</p>

<p>Match to determine #1 Contender to WWF Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam</p><p>

<strong>The Kingdom(Savage,Rude,Vader)</strong> w/ Sensational "Queen" Sherri vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and The Legion of Doom</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>The Big Boss Man ©</strong> vs. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Bonus Question</p><p>

Answer: <strong>Bret Fart vs. Undi</strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Levinux" data-cite="Levinux" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ink, you continue to do a fantastic job here. The match write ups are great and not overkill, giving just enough to satisfy the ongoing story and a little bit more. Love love love it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks Levinux! That means a lot coming from a dynasty writer as talented as yourself. As far as the match write ups are concerned, that's an <em>especially</em> appreciated comment. It's <em>so</em> hard to find the right balance of length vs. substance for match write-ups. It's <em>the</em> main thing I struggle with in this dynasty. Well that and being too strict on myself in keeping to my decided posting "schedule." </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Valkyria" data-cite="Valkyria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Match to determine #1 Contender to WWF Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam<p> <strong>Bret "Hitman" Hart</strong> vs. The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer</p><p> </p><p> Comments: Probably the hardest one for me, but I go with the Hitman. <strong>Got to be honest, I think you push him a bit too hard in just a couple of months</strong>, but I probably have this feeling because I am a really slow pusher.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I see your point, but I'm actually on a really similar pace in regards to his singles push as the real WWF was in 1991.</p><p> </p><p> In real in life 1991, Bret Hart went from losing the WWF Tag Team Titles at Wrestlemania 7 in March, to winning his first singles title, the WWF Intercontinental Championship at Summerslam in August. That was 5 months.</p><p> </p><p> In my version of 1991, if he were to win this match, he would have went from giving up the WWF Tag Team Titles in March to <em>challenging for</em> a singles title at Summerslam in August. That would also be 5 months. Sure, the WWF Heavyweight Championship is obviously a more important title, but in 1991 the Intercontinental Championship was a <em>BIG</em> deal!</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Valkyria" data-cite="Valkyria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>PS: Quick question: Do you have any plans involving Larry Zbyzko? You haven't used him since King of the Ring (except for one match against Dino Bravo) and I am a really big fan of him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I do have some plans for Larry Zbyszko, it just isn't time quite yet. As far as the one match since King of the Ring is concerned, that's more just a side effect of having such a large roster. I try to use everyone at least once a month, so sometimes a good wrestler will only get one match if he isn't involved in a main storyline at the time.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Valkyria" data-cite="Valkyria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>PPS: Please continue your wonderful work. My favorite Diary to read by far.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks so much for those kind words! I definitely plan to continue.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Element" data-cite="Element" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Bret "Hitman" Hart</strong> vs. The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer</p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Kingdom(Savage,Rude,Vader)</strong> w/ Sensational "Queen" Sherri vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and The Legion of Doom</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat</strong> vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper</p><p> </p><p> The Big Boss Man © vs.<strong> "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid ©</strong> vs. The New Foundation</p><p> </p><p> Terry Funk w/ Bobby Heenan vs. <strong>Mr. Perfect</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong> vs. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman</p><p> </p><p> Bonus Question</p><p> Highest scoring match of the night?</p><p> </p><p> Answer:<strong> Hart vs. Undertaker</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for reading and predicting again Element!</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Bret "Hitman" Hart</strong> vs. The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer</p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Kingdom(Savage,Rude,Vader) w/ Sensational "Queen" Sherri</strong> vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and The Legion of Doom</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat</strong> vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper</p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Big Boss Man © </strong>vs. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff</p><p> </p><p> <strong>"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid ©</strong> vs. The New Foundation</p><p> </p><p> Terry Funk w/ Bobby Heenan vs. <strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> </p><p> </p><p> The Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. <strong>"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman</strong></p><p> </p><p> Bonus Question</p><p> Highest scoring match of the night?</p><p> </p><p> Answer: Bret vs Undertaker</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for reading and predicting again Jaysin!</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Bret "Hitman" Hart</strong> vs. The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer</p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Kingdom(Savage,Rude,Vader)</strong> w/ Sensational "Queen" Sherri vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and The Legion of Doom</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat</strong> vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper</p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Big Boss Man ©</strong> vs. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff</p><p> </p><p> <strong>"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid ©</strong> vs. The New Foundation</p><p> </p><p> Terry Funk w/ Bobby Heenan vs. <strong>Mr. Perfect</strong></p><p> </p><p> The Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. <strong>"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman</strong></p><p> </p><p> Bonus Question</p><p> Highest scoring match of the night?</p><p> </p><p> Answer: <strong>Bret Fart vs. Undi</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for reading and predicting again Smasher1311!</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>**I'm making decent progress on Roadblock so far, but I had a pretty bad bout with allergies after doing some yard work for my in-laws yesterday, so I am a bit behind where I'd like to be right now. It's still looking good for me to have it posted by my usual day of Monday, but it may be a little later in the day than usual.**</em></strong></p>