WWF 1991: I Don't Have a Catchy Name

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you understand my points. I understand what u were going for with the Savage realization thing. My problem is that it's using wrestling logic. In reality the heels simply would have beaten the crap out of him. With the deliberate count out thing it immediately killed any sense of immersion for me because it felt like an angle. Bookers do it in real life do it too, Russo was famous for it. It still got the job done but if it was a real show I suspect you would have lost the crowd. I love your work and enjoyed the show but that last match bugged me.

I have a phrase I use in Stephanie to explain somewhat odd decisions, But.... Wrestling. In the case of that last match it's that sort of decision. It may not make conventional logical sense and in the modern day world of high TV saturation and smarky crowds Aurora is probably right that it would of lost the crowd but in the era of this diary it totally would have worked. Hogan built a career on over the top in ring reactions that defied conventional logic and that's the era this diary is set in. I can visualise Randy's wonderfully expressive face going through the emotions in that and selling the heck out of it.

I have a phrase I use in Stephanie to explain somewhat odd decisions, But.... Wrestling. In the case of that last match it's that sort of decision. It may not make conventional logical sense and in the modern day world of high TV saturation and smarky crowds Aurora is probably right that it would of lost the crowd but in the era of this diary it totally would have worked.

Exactly! Thanks!

Hogan built a career on over the top in ring reactions that defied conventional logic and that's the era this diary is set in. I can visualise Randy's wonderfully expressive face going through the emotions in that and selling the heck out of it.

Exactly what I envisioned!

Survivor Series was great. Can't wait for the next show!

Cracking bud. I enjoyed it.

Thanks, guys!

<hr>

So after thinking this over this weekend, I've come to a decision.

Due to the fact that it appears TEW 2020 will likely be releasing next month barring a major setback, I will be instituting a HUGE format change to this diary moving forward. Basically if I keep things going as they are, I would never get to any kind of satisfactory "end point" for this diary before I'm ready to move on to TEW 2020, so I've got to do something to speed it along. As of now I'm not 100% sure what the new format will be, but I hope I can still make it worth following through to the end. I guess only time will tell!

Anyway, I hope to have something posted by Thursday or Friday. Thanks for reading everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still working on this. I just want to make sure this goes at a steady pace once I pick it back up, so I'm trying to get as much done as possible before I post anything new. New target date is now Monday. Fingers crossed I'll hit this one!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still working on this. I just want to make sure this goes at a steady pace once I pick it back up, so I'm trying to get as much done as possible before I post anything new. New target date is now Monday. Fingers crossed I'll hit this one!

No worries brother! Take your time.

• 2 weeks later...