WWF 1991: I Don't Have a Catchy Name

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad this is continuing!

Thanks Jaysin! I've just got so many ideas, some way more fleshed out than others, that I want to see through, that I just couldn't leave this behind. I'm confident though, that I can pull them together into something cohesive, and hopefully interesting, and keep this thing going!

Thanks Jaysin! I've just got so many ideas, some way more fleshed out than others, that I want to see through, that I just couldn't leave this behind. I'm confident though, that I can pull them together into something cohesive, and hopefully interesting, and keep this thing going!

Just do it for your own enjoyment. Don't feel pressured to post shows constantly just when you have the time.

Okay, so my Monday target was obviously a miss!

Just do it for your own enjoyment. Don't feel pressured to post shows constantly just when you have the time.

Thanks, Aurora! That's my plan. I'm going back to something I said a few months back, when it's done, it's done!

I hope to have October, Week 1 posted in the next few days. Could be tomorrow, could be Wednesday. But it's definitely still coming. The only question is, will I have any readers left after all these gaps and delays? I sure hope so!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Glad to see another show posted! Well worth the wait</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Couldn't agree more! </p><p> </p><p> Loved the Flair promo ink625! And I'm really digging the more short and sweet promos altogether. All the worker personality in half the reading!</p>

Glad to see another show posted! Well worth the wait

Thanks, Jaysin! Glad you stuck around!

Couldn't agree more!

Loved the Flair promo ink625! And I'm really digging the more short and sweet promos altogether. All the worker personality in half the reading!

Thanks, Element! The shorter promos definitely speed things up and if it weren't for the shortened format, I just wouldn't be able to keep this going. Not like I've been doing a great job anyway!

I really enjoyed the show!

Thanks, Josh! I truly appreciate your readership!

Very worthwhile Mexican purchase there.

Yeah, I've had my eye on them for a while Nobby. I've tried to buy them out pretty much twice a week since June or so, since Mexico was the only game area other than Europe or Australia where I was a bit lacking in popularity. Should really come in handy with the impending North American wrestling industry crash that comes up in, I think, November 1991.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ink625" data-cite="ink625" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just wanted to give a little update since it's been almost a week since I posted. Unless something goes <em>majorly</em> wrong, October Week 4 and the prediction card for SNME: Vengeance should be posted no later than tomorrow. Thanks for reading!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can’t wait!</p>

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance

Saturday, Week 4, October 1991

From The Summit in Houston, Texas

Tag Team Grudge Match - MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. The Dragon and Bam Bam Bigelow

Comments: Hogan seems to lose more in this diary than he ever did in real life, but I can't bet against him here

WWF Intercontinental Championship

"The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff w/ Dmitri © vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Comments: Nikita has more mileage left in him than Slaughter does.

WWF World Tag Team Championship

Money Incorporated w/ Sid © vs. The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering

Comments: I like Money Inc, but it's hard to pick against LOD

WWF Women's Championship

Rockin' Robin © vs. Madusa w/ Larry Zbyszko

Comments: I just like Madusa more

Steel Cage Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty

Comments: HBK is a far better worker and this is a good way to help push him up the card

The Final Showdown - 2 out of 3 Falls

Terry Funk vs. The Texas Tornado

**Final match between these two. If either man touches the other at any point after this match, he's fired. If either cheats, he's fired. There must be a winner. Falls by pin or submission only.**

Comments: Kerry is younger. He has personal problems, but if you can keep those in check he's a good hand to have around.

Grudge Match

Crush w/ The Ultimate Warrior vs. Hercules w/ The Army of Darkness

Comments: I love Hercules, but this is a good time to push Crush

Bonus Question

Match of the night?

Answer:Hulk Hogan and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. The Dragon and Bam Bam Bigelow

Don't think I've commented here before, but I've been following along. The promos are fantastic! You have a real knack for capturing their tics.

Comments: I'm reluctant to pick against Hogan but I don't trust Piper!

Comments: gtfo stolen valor Slaughter

Comments: Shenanigans!

WWF Women's Championship

Comments:

Steel Cage Match

Comments: Would be interesting to use this to catapult Jannetty instead of HBK but... come on.

**Final match between these two. If either man touches the other at any point after this match, he's fired. If either cheats, he's fired. There must be a winner. Falls by pin or submission only.**

Comments: Gotta give it to the young gun. Has he been keeping clean in your game?

Grudge Match

Comments: Love a good evil goth stable. They'll get the heat back in the post-match crucifixion.

Bonus Question

Match of the night?

Answer: The main event for sure. Lot of pop in there!

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

WWF Women's Championship

Comments:

Steel Cage Match

Comments:

Comments: In a vacuum Tornado's a no-brainer, but unless you get lucky with his personal issues it's gonna be tough to push him long term

Grudge Match

Comments:

Bonus Question

Match of the night?

Answer:Hulk Hogan and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. The Dragon and Bam Bam Bigelow