WWF 1991: I Don't Have a Catchy Name

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Levinux! Koloff has always been one of my favorites. Growing up, WCW to me was all about:

Nikita Koloff

Sid

The Great Muta

Vader

Cactus Jack

Sting

and WWF was all about:

Jake Roberts

Mr. Perfect

Ultimate Warrior

Randy Savage

That's basically how I was gonna play it but without outright saying it. I was gonna make it obvious that Undertaker is a player in the World Title hunt, but without flat out guaranteeing a title shot, at least not at Wrestlemania anyway and maybe not right away. I was thinking of maybe doing something with the Royal Rumble winner and King of the Ring winner, like maybe they meet at the July PPV with the winner getting a title shot at Summer Slam. I don't know, like I said I'm still pondering on it. Thanks for the feedback!

Oh yeah, something with the Rumble winner and KOTR winner is fantastic. I can't wait to see what you do.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ink625" data-cite="ink625" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was thinking of maybe doing something with the Royal Rumble winner and King of the Ring winner, like maybe they meet at the July PPV with the winner getting a title shot at Summer Slam. I don't know, like I said I'm still pondering on it. Thanks for the feedback!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Levinux" data-cite="Levinux" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh yeah, something with the Rumble winner and KOTR winner is fantastic. I can't wait to see what you do.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Rumble winner vs King of the ring winner is quite brilliant.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks guys! I do think that's what I'll go with. </p><p> </p><p> <em>PS. I hope to have the next week's worth of TV posted later today!</em></p>

<p>Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> vs. Nikita Koloff</p><p>

Comments: </p><p> </p><p>

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match</p><p>

Mr. Perfect© vs. <strong>The Big Boss Man</strong></p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

Blindfold Match</p><p>

"The Model" Rick Martel vs. <strong>Jake "The Snake" Roberts</strong></p><p>

The Undertaker's Open Challenge</p><p>

<strong>The Undertaker</strong> vs. The British Bulldog</p><p>

Virgil must win to face Ted DiBiase</p><p>

Sid w/ Ted DiBiase & I.R.S. vs. <strong>Virgil</strong></p><p>

Hart Foundation vs. Legion of Doom Singles Matches</p><p>

Bret Hart vs. <strong>Hawk</strong> </p><p>

<strong>Jim Neidhart</strong> vs. Animal</p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

The Natural Disasters w/ Jimmy Hart vs. <strong>Dino Bravo & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan</strong></p><p>

Bonus Question:</p><p>

Who will Virgil's "backup" be?</p><p>

Comments: <strong>Tito Santana</strong></p>

<p>Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> vs. Nikita Koloff</p><p>

Comments: </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect© </strong>vs. The Big Boss Man</p><p>

Blindfold Match</p><p>

"The Model" Rick Martel vs. <strong>Jake "The Snake" Roberts</strong></p><p>

The Undertaker's Open Challenge</p><p>

<strong>The Undertaker</strong> vs. The British Bulldog</p><p>

Virgil must win to face Ted DiBiase</p><p>

Sid w/ Ted DiBiase & I.R.S. vs. <strong>Virgil</strong></p><p>

Hart Foundation vs. Legion of Doom Singles Matches</p><p>

<strong>Bret Hart </strong>vs. Hawk </p><p>

Jim Neidhart vs. <strong>Animal</strong></p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>The Natural Disasters w/ Jimmy Hart</strong> vs. Dino Bravo & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan</p><p>

Bonus Question:</p><p>

Who will Virgil's "backup" be? <strong>The Texas Tornado</strong></p><p>

Comments:</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WilburTrey" data-cite="WilburTrey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Grudge Match<p> <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> vs. Nikita Koloff</p><p> Comments: </p><p> </p><p> WWF Intercontinental Championship Match</p><p> <strong>Mr. Perfect© </strong>vs. The Big Boss Man</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> Blindfold Match</p><p> "The Model" Rick Martel vs. <strong>Jake "The Snake" Roberts</strong></p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> The Undertaker's Open Challenge</p><p> <strong>The Undertaker</strong> vs. The British Bulldog</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> Virgil must win to face Ted DiBiase</p><p> Sid w/ Ted DiBiase & I.R.S. vs. <strong>Virgil</strong></p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> Hart Foundation vs. Legion of Doom Singles Matches</p><p> <strong>Bret Hart </strong>vs. Hawk </p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> Jim Neidhart vs. <strong>Animal</strong></p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> Grudge Match</p><p> <strong>The Natural Disasters w/ Jimmy Hart</strong> vs. Dino Bravo & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> Bonus Question:</p><p> Who will Virgil's "backup" be? <strong>The Texas Tornado</strong></p><p> Comments:</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for joining in on the predictions WilburTrey! I'm making great progress on the show and hope to have it posted by Monday. Tuesday at the latest with any luck.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Man I was really hoping Boss Man would get at least an IC title win.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I doubt he'll stand for the Heenan Family's continued law breaking, so stay tuned!</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One of the most under rated talents ever.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Definitely underrated!</p>

I have been meaning to post since the big show came out. Really enjoyed it! Was surprised my prediction were as spot on as they were.However the way you brought it to life was great. Really reminded me when I was a kid and started watching with my dad. I was a young pup back then I don’t remember much but I remember wrestling on tv with my dad.

I'm super disappointed Hacksaw was Warrior's partner. Hacksaw sucks.

As someone who's always been indifferent to Duggan, it's odd to see you say that. Not because it's not a justified opinion, since I know Jim Duggan wasn't great in the ring. He wasn't exactly the model employee outside the ring either, what with his exposing of the business when he was arrested for DUI with Iron Sheik. I also know a lot of people didn't like that he squashed Steve Austin for the U.S. title in WCW that one time, winning in 30 or 40 seconds. I get all that. What's weird is you're the second person I've seen online, in just the last three or four days, that really seems to specifically hate him and that's just an opinion I'd never really seen before. I'd just always thought that everyone else was as indifferent to him as I was. The more you know!

Don't worry too much about it though, because I have no plans to really feature him in this diary. My plan is simply to use him to get others over and build their pop. For example, and "spoiler alert", The Undertaker.

I’ve always disliked Duggan. I was expecting a new debut for Warrior’s partner and got it in my head Sting was showing up. My own fault for fantasy booking someone else’s fantasy booking.

Really enjoying this though. Gotta keep Warrior strong though!

WWF Championship vs. Career Match

The Ultimate Warrior © vs. ”Macho King" Randy Savage w/ "Senasational" Queen Sherri

Comments: As a kid I loved the warrior as an adult. I want someone who can wrestle against all kinds of people. big, small, slow, fast and that man is Randy.

Super Grudge Match

Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Comments: 90s Hogan has to go over here I think.

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match

Mr. Perfect © vs. The Big Boss Man

**All members of the Heenan Family are barred from ringside, and the Big Boss Man can win the title by pinfall, submission, disqualification or countout.**

Comments: I hope this loss propels Perfect up the card. somehow people forget loses can do that as much as a win.

WWF Tag Team Championship Match

The Hart Foundation © vs. The Legion of Doom

Comments: Not sure you want to roll the dice on LOD with the drug tests etc.

Super Grudge Match

Virgil w/ Tony Atlas vs. "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase w/ I.R.S.

Comments: can’t have all the good guys win and Well somehow someway someone has a price to help the million dollar man here mwahahahahahaha

Texas Bullrope Match

The Texas Tornado vs. Terry Funk

Comments: I grew up loving the Von Erich’s I’m a mark

The Undertaker's Challenge

The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

Comments: part of me wants to see him lose so the streak is never a thing. But with him winning the rumble he has to be set up for a win here.

Piper Should Mind His Own Business

Sid vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comments: my hatred for Sid might cost me but that man has ruined some good saves and plans for me in a number of ways and databases. In real life I loved to hate him so he did his job. that ankle still makes me sick when I see it.

Handicap turned Tag Team Match

Jake "The Snake" Roberts & Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. Power and Glory w/ Slick

Comments: I feel like this leads to a Jake v Ricky fued.

****JUST ADDED!****

3,000 Pound 10-Man Tag Team Match

The Natural Disasters, Kamala, Haku & The Barbarian vs. The British Bulldog, Dino Bravo, Jimmy Snuka, Bob Backlund and Greg Valentine

Comments:my gut says the other way but I want to throw out a random one here.

Wrestlemania 7

Sunday, Week 4, March 1991

From The Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York

WWF Championship vs. Career Match

"Macho King" Randy Savage w/ "Senasational" Queen Sherri

Comments: Surely Savage isn’t retiring to commentary or something right?

Super Grudge Match

Hulk Hogan

Comments: Unless you’re going to go for the shock win, Hogan should win

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match

The Big Boss Man

**All members of the Heenan Family are barred from ringside, and the Big Boss Man can win the title by pinfall, submission, disqualification or countout.**

Comments: I love Boss Man

WWF Tag Team Championship Match

The Legion of Doom

Comments: Hoping Bret moves to singles competition

Super Grudge Match

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase w/ I.R.S.

Comments: Virgil is trash

Texas Bullrope Match

The Texas Tornado

Comments: I love Kerry

The Undertaker's Challenge

The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer

Comments: The Streak starts!

Piper Should Mind His Own Business

Sid

Comments: Piper is over the hill, Sid has more upside

Handicap turned Tag Team Match

Jake "The Snake" Roberts & Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

Comments: Dragon & The Snake coups be slotted into a main event position. Power and Glory are mid card at best

****JUST ADDED!****

3,000 Pound 10-Man Tag Team Match

The Natural Disasters, Kamala, Haku & The Barbarian

Comments: Haku is the man. It’s hard for me to pick against him

<p>Wrestlemania 7 </p><p> </p><p>

WWF Championship vs. Career Match</p><p>

The Ultimate Warrior © vs.<strong> "Macho King" Randy Savage w/ "Senasational" Queen Sherri</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Super Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> vs. Sgt. Slaughter</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> © vs. The Big Boss Man</p><p>

**All members of the Heenan Family are barred from ringside, and the Big Boss Man can win the title by pinfall, submission, disqualification or countout.**</p><p> </p><p>

WWF Tag Team Championship Match</p><p>

The Hart Foundation © vs. <strong>The Legion of Doom</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Super Grudge Match</p><p>

Virgil w/ Tony Atlas vs. <strong>"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase</strong> w/ I.R.S.</p><p> </p><p>

Texas Bullrope Match</p><p>

The Texas Tornado vs. <strong>Terry Funk</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The Undertaker's Challenge</p><p>

<strong>The Undertaker</strong> w/ Paul Bearer vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan</p><p> </p><p>

Piper Should Mind His Own Business</p><p>

<strong>Sid</strong> vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper</p><p> </p><p>

Handicap turned Tag Team Match</p><p>

Jake "The Snake" Roberts & Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. <strong>Power and Glory w/ Slick</strong></p><p> </p><p>

****JUST ADDED!****</p><p> </p><p>

3,000 Pound 10-Man Tag Team Match</p><p>

The Natural Disasters, Kamala, Haku & The Barbarian vs. <strong>The British Bulldog, Dino Bravo, Jimmy Snuka, Bob Backlund and Greg Valentine</strong></p>

<p>Can I just take a moment to come out of the shadows and say that this has been truly exceptional work to date? Seriously, huge kudos for what you’ve done thus far! Lots of logic and some neat twists on what we’re used to with diaries from this period (I’ve NEVER seen anyone turn Dino Bravo before! And to use it as the catalyst for forming the Natural Disasters? Good stuff)</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, predictions:</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

"Macho King" Randy Savage w/ "Senasational" Queen Sherri</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I think the Warrior would be better suited to his crusade against the jobbers on the card by working the undercard a little... Savage is more reliable and stable. It won’t be clean but Savage FTW.</p><p> </p><p>

Hulk Hogan</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I can’t see Hogan and Warrior losing on the same card, Sarge has a role to play but I see him as someone to elevate others </p><p> </p><p>

The Big Boss Man</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: With those stips, it’s hard to portray Boss Man as anything other than a loser if he doesn’t take the W here.</p><p> </p><p>

The Hart Foundation ©</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I’m predicting two other title changes so taking the Foundation to retain and send LOD over the edge into full blown heels. Post match destruction to keep the feud going.</p><p> </p><p>

Virgil </p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I’m going storyline here rather than ability</p><p> </p><p>

Terry Funk</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Von Erich is too much of a risk to be pushing - Funkster has a myriad of feud options coming out of this.</p><p> </p><p>

The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Glorified squash as Taker continues his rise up the card.</p><p> </p><p>

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: potentially a DQ to keep Sid strong but I can’t see Piper going down here.</p><p> </p><p>

Jake "The Snake" Roberts & Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: This is screaming out as a potential shock turn for Jake and kickstarting what would be an epic feud... but I’m calling a clean win for the pair here and a slow burn as both look to challenge the new WWF Champion...</p><p> </p><p>

The Natural Disasters, Kamala, Haku & The Barbarian</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: more upside for the heels.</p>