TEW2020 Attribute Suggestion Thread

I'm not sure if it's been suggested before, in fact I might have done before release, but some attributes that make it so people don't care if they wrestle someone drunk/high, or if someone wrestled on the same card as them drunk/high would be good. I doubt many people in ECW cared if RVD was high before a match, but in the game the locker room would turn on him instantly.

Another attribute I'd like is something like "naive" or "gullible" could work so they have higher chance of ribs played on them, easier to talk them into things etc. Would be good as a attribute on it's own because it could link in with other, and gloomy naive person would hate the ribs at his expense, a positive outlook person would enjoy it etc.

Call if "functional alcoholic" or "functional addict"

Future: occasional wrestler.

Another thing I’ve come across trying to mod an historical mod. There’s nothing to replicate people who regularly wrestle quite a few matches a year after they’ve stopped full time wrestling.

Take Jerry lawler for example. When would he retire? When would he become a commentator?

It would be nice to be able to set his retirement date to early 90’s which allows him to become a commentator but still an occasional wrestler for many years.

Maybe have a semi in ring retirement and a full retirement.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47002" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Future: occasional wrestler.<p> </p><p> Another thing I’ve come across trying to mod an historical mod. There’s nothing to replicate people who regularly wrestle quite a few matches a year after they’ve stopped full time wrestling.</p><p> </p><p> Take Jerry lawler for example. When would he retire? When would he become a commentator? </p><p> </p><p> It would be nice to be able to set his retirement date to early 90’s which allows him to become a commentator but still an occasional wrestler for many years. </p><p> </p><p> Maybe have a semi in ring retirement and a full retirement.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've often wondered how you naturally took somebody from being a full-time wrestler to an occiasional wrestler. It seems like you start out with a certain number of Occasional Wrestlers in your mod and the rest just go on from full-time to retirement. I know this is somewhat alleviated now that you can ask a wrestler to become an Occasional Wrestler, but a natural progression without the input of any type of authority figure/company owner/booker would be nice.</p><p> </p><p> St.T</p>

I've often wondered how you naturally took somebody from being a full-time wrestler to an occiasional wrestler. It seems like you start out with a certain number of Occasional Wrestlers in your mod and the rest just go on from full-time to retirement. I know this is somewhat alleviated now that you can ask a wrestler to become an Occasional Wrestler, but a natural progression without the input of any type of authority figure/company owner/booker would be nice.

St.T

Well, King was asked to be a commentator by Vince, when he needed a fill-in. Lawler thought he was going to be a Memphis Wrestling heel, and I think he could've been a top tier main eventer in no time. Everyone liked Lawler's commentary. The next week, Vince asked him to become full-time commentary and he agreed to be an Occasional Wrestler and Commentator.

As for Tazz, he was injured and resisted being a commentator for a while. Then, when they wanted to move him back to the ring, he resisted that and wanted to stay on the commentary desk. There is that story where Vince lost respect for Tazz, because when Vince asked Tazz to put over Brock, Tazz refused to budge from "nope, no wanna risk my body". According to an interview with Tazz, Vince said "You should've asked what I would pay you! I would've given you a million!" - Tazz could've also topped off his legacy with a title run by politicking "I can't REALLY get him over unless I repair my loss of credibility from those comedy hardcore matches, rough some guys up, and win the title. Then, Brock can beat me for the title."

So, is there really a natural progression that happens frequently, or are those usually related to family and backstage booker circles?

So, is there really a natural progression that happens frequently, or are those usually related to family and backstage booker circles?

Well...since we have an attribute that says "Future Color Commentator" and one that says "Future Road Agent" (those are the two I'm positive about off the top of my head), I figure making it an Attribute that someone would, at some point in their career, decide to become an Occasional Wrestler, you could have an attribute for it, just like you do for those other two. I'm aware of the "backstage stories" about how King and Taz became color guys.

My question was more along the lines of I've never seen someone just naturally in-game move from "Wrestler" to "Occasional Wrestler". I've seen Wrestlers retire (and become Managers, Personalities, Road Agents, etc.), and I've seen Occasional Wrestlers retire (and do the same), but I've never seen an older Wrestler who could still go decide to just become an Occasional Wrestler.

St.T

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="St. Templar" data-cite="St. Templar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47002" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well...since we have an attribute that says "Future Color Commentator" and one that says "Future Road Agent" (those are the two I'm positive about off the top of my head), I figure making it an Attribute that someone would, at some point in their career, decide to become an Occasional Wrestler, you could have an attribute for it, just like you do for those other two. I'm aware of the "backstage stories" about how King and Taz became color guys.<p> </p><p> My question was more along the lines of I've never seen someone just naturally in-game move from "Wrestler" to "Occasional Wrestler". I've seen Wrestlers retire (and become Managers, Personalities, Road Agents, etc.), and I've seen Occasional Wrestlers retire (and do the same), but I've never seen an older Wrestler who could still go decide to just become an Occasional Wrestler.</p><p> </p><p> St.T</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Going back to my suggestion i think a 'semi retirement' would work. Some never actually fully retire. but more importantly someone who 'semi retires' would then become a color, personality, manager etc.</p>

Everybody's got a price - if you pay them extra, they will put over anyone without getting unhappy (maybe with the exception of someone they have a negative relationship with). How much you have to pay depends on the difference in popularity of the workers in the areas the match is broadcast /held in (it definitely shouldn't be to cheap though).

Blood Money - the worker is willing to work high risk segments but demands more money for doing so

Some religious attributes:

Religious Zealot: The worker wears their religion on their sleeve. Has a mildly negative impact on the backstage environment. Has an increased chance of negative incidents. Has an increased chance of being involved in social media stories. Positive and negative morale changes are amplified. Will refuse to sign with companies that are extremely risque or have a garbage wrestling product.

Fun Religious: The worker is religious, but is good-natured about it. Has a positive natural impact on the backstage environment. Has an increased chance of forming new strong friendships. Positive morale changes are mildly amplified. Negative morale changes are dampened. Will refuse to sign with companies that are extremely risque or have a garbage wrestling product.

Casual Religious: The worker is religious, but barely mentions it. Has no natural impact on the backstage environment. Will sign with any company no matter how risque or extreme the product is. Negative morale changes are dampened.

All or Nothing: this worker only forms "Best Friends" and "Hatred" relationships with others, never "Strong Friendship" or "Stong Dislike".

Love/Hate Relationships: this worker's relationships can suddenly turn from positive to negative and vice versa. Also applies to romantic relationships, e.g. they can randomly remarry a person they were divorced from, then quickly get divorced again, etc.

I noticed a few blind spots, I think. There is comedy match workers, but no eye candy or deathmatch bonus workers in attributes or gimmicks.

Gimmick:

Saucy - Gets small bonus when working Eye Candy match.

Attribute:

Natural Flirt - Gets bonus working eye candy match.

Family First - Worker more likely to get involved in incidents involving Relatives, taking their side.

Petty - Worker more likely to develop negative relationships over backstage incidents.

Self Server - When holding a title with prestige equal to their popularity, worker gets a small morale bonus. When not holding a title with prestige equal to their popularity, worker gets a small morale penalty. More likely to complain about not being champion (instead of other things they might complain about).

Top Tier - Worker refuses to win midcard titles and complains when booked in title matches where the title has beneath 90 prestige. (Hulk Hogan only wanting WORLD titles, HHH refusing the IC Title following invasion)

Title Hog - Worker gets small penalty when not holding a title. When holding a title, worker gets small bonus.

(Hogan, Savage, CM Punk - and other guys who either look great as champion or are only really over when they have a title)

King of the Mountain - Worker, if qualifies to be figurehead, gets small boost to matches and angles when used as figurehead.

Exclusively Me - Worker, if qualifies t be figurehead, gets morale boost if figurehead; morale penalty if not figurehead. More likely to complain about not being figurehead if qualifies.

Spiteful - Worker complains about losing, or refuses to lose, to workers they have negative relationships with

(the kliq, anyone?)

Master Technician - Worker gets small bonus in Technical Masterclass matches.

Natural Actor - Worker gets small bonus in Cinematic matches.

Weapon Master - Worker gets small bonus in hardcore/deathmatches and matches with high risk.

Fall Guy - Worker gets small bonus to matches/angles where he/she takes a stunt bumps and crazy bumps.

Free Agent - Worker will never sign a deal that is Exclusive.

Long Term Thinker - Worker has higher value to longer deals two years or more.

Long Term Thinker - Worker has higher value to deals one year or less.

Best for Me - Worker strongly prefers contracts with Creative Control, and is less likely to accept a contract without it.

Top of the Chain - Worker strongly prefers contracts with Wage Matching, and is less likely to accept a contract without it.

Bad Ideas - Worker more likely to come up with bad ideas for a gimmick, spots in a match, or lines.

I would also like "Attribute Block", as a third attribute option.

That is - "Worker cannot gain this attribute". For example, a database maker might want to ensure Hulkster demands creative control. Or might want to ensure Chris Jericho never gains any form of "uncreative" and that John Cena never randomly gets "can't play heel".

While this can be done by choosing the mutually exclusive opposite attribute with "attribute is permanent", I would rather have the option to block someone from getting "A Marketing Nightmare" without choosing one of the opposite traits. For example.

Money Minded - When the worker complains about the result of a match, a bump, or something else, will accept an immediate "Bonus Pay" to say yes without morale penalties; the worker will otherwise have morale penalties for saying yes, or will say no.

<p>B-League Player - Worker less likely to complain about being in child company too long.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Big League - Worker more likely to complain about being in child company too long.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Indy Darling - Worker will not sign exclusive deals.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Weak Mind - Worker more likely to develop substance abuse issues.</p><p>

Strong Minded - Worker less likely to develop substance abuse issues.</p><p> </p><p>

(These are alternatives to Straight Edge?)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Multicultural - Penalties for language are lessened, worker more likely to learn languages.</p><p> </p><p>

Monocultural - Penalties for language increased, worker less likely to learn languages.</p><p> </p><p>

Chronic Pain - More sensitive to injury, loses more stamina per match.</p><p> </p><p>

Weak - Take longer to heal through injuries and recover stamina.</p><p> </p><p>

Family Man - Worker doesn't complain about being left off shows if they are still being paid.</p><p> </p><p>

Solo Player - Worker gets small penalties when working a tag team match.</p><p> </p><p>

Absent Minded - Opposite of Scatterbrained - Worker cannot Call in Ring. Even better if this gives a bonus to Scripted Matches.</p><p> </p><p>

Attributes for "Better/Worse" at different match types?</p><p>

- Technical Masterclass (Ric Flair, Benoit, Kurt Angle)</p><p>

- Eye Candy (Were there any good performers though?)</p><p>

- Wild Brawl (Mick Foley, Terry Funk, Da Crusher, Dick the Bruiser)</p><p>

- High Spots (Young Bucks, Lucha Bros?)</p><p> </p><p>

I feel like these kind of Match Type specializations would be fun.</p><p> </p><p>

Same if there were a few attributes that give bonuses or penalties to Match Aims.</p>

Maybe something like Prefers working in (COUNTRY) where all else being equal, they'd rather sign a contract with a company based in a certain country in a bidding war, and if they're unemployed they'll have a tiny percentage chance of relocating to the given country?

I have a character in a mod who's basically just a Canadian luchador who wants to work in Mexico, but it's not something the game can represent unless I base him in Mexico or give him some Mexico popularity he doesn't deserve.

<p><strong>Reckless </strong>-- This character engages in dangerous behaviors outside of the ring and thus is more prone to random injury or accidental death. </p><p> </p><p>

Not sure if something like that has already been suggested, but I was just reading about Ralph Parcaut a wrestler from the 20s and 30s who moonlit as a barnstormer. His career was cut short when he survived a plane crash during a stunt show and was severely injured. Would love something to emulate that or even guys like Kerry Von Erich and Randy Orton who are known for their motorcycle hijinks.</p>

<p>I would like both Attibutes and Gimmick check boxes for:</p><p> </p><p>

Actor - gets small bonus for Cinematic Matches</p><p>

Technician - gets small bonus for Technical Masterclass</p><p>

Wild Brawler - small bonus to Wild Brawl type of matches</p><p>

Tantalizing - small bonus for Eye Candy matches</p><p>

Jobber King - small bonus when opponent has "look dominant" match note.</p><p>

Dusty Finisher - penalty for "Dusty Finish" and "Sports Entertainment Ending" match notes slightly reduced.</p><p>

Natural Champion - small bonus when in a match that has a Title on the line. (whether challenger or champion)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

(not eliminated, just slightly reduced - only ONE star having said attribute effects outcome, if multiple participants have it, it only applies once)</p><p> </p><p>

Safety Advocate - less likely to injure themselves or another.</p><p>

Reckless Style - more likely to injure themselves or another.</p><p>

(I suppose either a small bonus/penalty to Safety, or a small modifier to checks where Safety is used?)</p><p> </p><p>

-</p><p> </p><p>

[] Small bonus for Sex Appeal angles</p><p>

[] Small bonus for Microphone angles</p><p>

[] Small bonus for Entertainment angles</p><p> </p><p>

[] Losses during Angles loses less popularity.</p><p>

[] Losses during angles loses less momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

[] Wins and Losses during Angles impacts momentum more.</p><p>

[] Wins and Losses during Angles impacts popularity more.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

[] Small bonus against Dominant/Comedy/Etc Opponents</p><p> </p><p>

(Since there's a penalty option, how about a small bonus option? Some people are good at getting squashed by monsters, or taking a vicious beating, or making someone look funny who isn't, etc.)</p>

Tweener - Can play Face or Heel.

(Mutually exclusive third option for "Cannot play face" and "Cannot play heel" for those times you want someone to be "capable of both but no bonus at either".)

That's just someone without any Attribute regarding Face/Heel to beginn with lol

Reckless -- This character engages in dangerous behaviors outside of the ring and thus is more prone to random injury or accidental death.

Not sure if something like that has already been suggested, but I was just reading about Ralph Parcaut a wrestler from the 20s and 30s who moonlit as a barnstormer. His career was cut short when he survived a plane crash during a stunt show and was severely injured. Would love something to emulate that or even guys like Kerry Von Erich and Randy Orton who are known for their motorcycle hijinks.

This would also apply for guys like Jeff Hardy who built a motocross park on his own property and then broke his leg.