How do you guys use Excel for your promotions?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone be willing to share an Excel template?

This is a template I made, its not perfect but the first page has 12 slots a year for title matches and Tourney results (Not a planner but who you plan to win them) A section for remember what the purpose of certain shows are (is it a tournament show, lesser show, MITB type show etc.) Hiring limits (for a more fun and challenging game, and owner goals. It ain't much but I like it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zNQLJyJHPUrzE22RlOHyLcXXdGk691RN/view?usp=sharing

an example of booking would be like

First column WCW STARCADE 2000 Second column (World title)Sting©/Alex Wright Third Column (US title)Lance Storm©/Mike Awesome

winners are made in bold.

I couldn't play this game without a spreadsheet. From tracking the roster and "key attributes" to booking shows and timing, to planning storylines. While my spreadsheets have varied over the course of the saves I've played, here is the one I was was using with my most recent AEW game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ifZgEMIP4uba6963UJw872Q6S4Q051S/view?usp=sharing

Wow I thought mine was extensive!

Here’s how I did it: let’s say I’m WWE starting after mania.

Sheet 1: I have PPV be its own column. Column A is the mania that just happened, column b is next pay per view, column c was second PPV after mania, and so on. I start at Next Wrestlemania, go back to Royal Rumble winner, back to Summerslam. Each PPV could have 7-13 matches I’d list. I’d track the show month by month and make notes of major events/matches on TV.

Sheet 2: Roster breakdown, Faces and Heels from top(main eventers) to bottom(job guys). Tag Teams listed, Chemistry(good and bad) of tags and 1on1s. Make notes of people turning or developmental plans.

Sheet 3: Long Term plans. Mania main events things like that. I’d list Mania shows, ratings, attendance/buy rate, best worker performance, special notes.

Sheet 4: worker performance in a match. Every match is track a guys performance.

Sheet 5: Averaged performances of previous years for a workers ranked. I’d also make notes if MVP, Most matches, best performance, most improved. The top 500 and in game awards.

Title lineages, pay per view events, brand history/drafts, tournaments are all tracked in an excel spreadsheet.

I outline a plan and book backwards, though what I end up with usually deviates from the plan as guys I didn't expect to get hot do.

I don't log the direct score, rather I log match length and star rating for immersions sake (I've come up with my own system there as I found it too easy to get good ratings on others, so mine has a very harsh curve at the top end).

My current save started in 1987 and I'm currently up to 2008, and more and more stuff is getting added.

Excel's most essential purpose for me is planning out the month ahead. I have 5 columns (4 TV tapings and a PPV) and I start the month by figuring out what the PPV card should be. Then for each of those matches I fill out the TV columns with matches/angles that build to the PPV match. So when I go into booking the TV about 60-80% of the card is already planned and can book the rest of it on the fly.

Another helpful thing to have on that spreadsheet is a list of your roster with 5 little cells next to them so you can mark down whether they're wrestling, in an angle, or not booked at all for each show. Then you can tell at a glance how much each worker is being used that month.

I used to swear by excel sheets, I had a pretty decent one running, and I would always try to improve it or look for something better. Then one day I realised it was too similar to work and I lost my enjoyment. I also realised the sheets never really did anything to enhance my saves, and they certainly didn't make things more efficient. So I went to a notebook and a pencil and it's the best thing I ever did with regards to my booking.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JayR666" data-cite="JayR666" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47486" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I normally just have a rough idea of where I want to get to in say 6 months or a year. And just book week to week on the fly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Same. I could never use an outside program to book, then book the show again in game. That's like doing everything twice and as much as I love TEW, the game can get slightly tedious just doing everything once sometimes.</p>

One thing I want to do in 2020 is get better at logging worker performance so I can tell who is not improving and I can cut them loose earlier. I’m thinking I’m just going to keep a simple Google Doc with each worker’s ratings in their matches over time, maybe log chemistry too.

One thing I want to do in 2020 is get better at logging worker performance so I can tell who is not improving and I can cut them loose earlier. I’m thinking I’m just going to keep a simple Google Doc with each worker’s ratings in their matches over time, maybe log chemistry too.

I've always wished the game itself would track worker performance ratings. The game can already feel like work sometimes as it is, especially if you're doing a dynasty to go along with your save, so it would be great if I didn't have to log the performance ratings myself.

Yeah i also keep an Excel spreadsheet. In fact, i am not sure it is really possible to play this game properly without it, especially if your promotion is a large National level or higher.

I generally keep a record of all the major stats such as which worker have what skill levels (i update that once every year). I use colors to differentiate their level of skill (Ranging from Excellent to Good). I also keep a record of who i plan to push hard, keep strong, have them "generally losing" and those i plan to bury. I also keep an eye of "Next big thing/big prospects" plus those which are in decline. Also which workers popped for bad habits and those which have attitude issues. I use colors in all cases to be able to quickly go through the lists.

If the game has been going on for a while, i also keep records regards title reigns, total defenses, total weeks with the title etc. That is more of a historical recording to see which champs had the better runs.

I probably spend 1/4 of my game time updating my excel lists :p

I use the ones from this thread - http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534457

It imports the data from the MDB, which saves a lot of time.

I've always wished the game itself would track worker performance ratings. The game can already feel like work sometimes as it is, especially if you're doing a dynasty to go along with your save, so it would be great if I didn't have to log the performance ratings myself.

I'm sure I read in the journal that TEW 2020 will do so.