Thunderverse Discussion Thread

I connect back on this forum once in a while solely to check if there are some news concerning the T-Verse.

There are none most of the time, but each time there are some, I'm hyped back.

I haven't played TEW for months, but I can't wait anymore to get my hands back on it with the magnificient T-Verse.

I'll have to check the forum daily from now on until release. :p

It's mostly down to how I work but I try to only post when there are any real updates for progress which does mean that the thread can go dead for a while (same reason why I've not made a proper hype thread...yet).

The TEW2020 ThunderVerse is really solid and, in my opinion, probably the best version of the mod we've ever created. Unfortunately last year I had to stop modding completely (for reasons I won't go into) but MHero and I managed to get the vast majority of the worldbuilding done before that happened. MHero just has the unenviable task of cleaning everything up and adding the polish! It'll be worth the wait!

So so unenviable but thankfully I've got a crack team of testers (who can make themselves known if they want) doing the testing for me whilst I get everything else up and running. Still hoping for ~something~ to be released by the end of the month but it might just miss that target. Once I've got things in a place where I'm happy to go "sure yeah we're cooking with gas now" I'll make the hype thread. or just surprise release it who knows.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Random question in regards to thunder verse but is there a post on a list of the “real life” wrestlers that a lot of the characters are based on?

Like Terry Thunder(Hulk Hogan), CJ Trends(AJ Styles), Seven Brandnt(CM Punk), etc

We've done a lot of work this time around on lessening these comparisons (both for creative reasons and for "oh my god this person is an actual monster" reasons). The short answer is not really, Thunder is the obvious one but Brandt isn't meant as a direct 1:1 of CM Punk for example.

Howdy gang, your friendly neighbourhood MHero here with a brand new update;

Not going to get a release out today or tomorrow so no release in March, had been working as much as I could for this but stuff came up that took priority.

The good news is that I'm not downing tools and I'll have a date for when I want to release this shortly. The majority of the work now is just bios and belt histories which is the most tedious part of the mod. All promotion rosters are locked in place and a quick test sim shows that the first month doesn't have big waves of signings by the AI.

As penance, please enjoy some new stuff to whet your whistles.

0zC6mMd.jpgaw6eAaX.jpgb0ym4SN.jpgqUqX2d6.jpg

75O4lbF.jpgLLgXI7n.jpgoz1xigr.jpgKPx5GY0.jpg

Howdy gang, your friendly neighbourhood MHero here with a brand new update;

Not going to get a release out today or tomorrow so no release in March, had been working as much as I could for this but stuff came up that took priority.

The good news is that I'm not downing tools and I'll have a date for when I want to release this shortly. The majority of the work now is just bios and belt histories which is the most tedious part of the mod. All promotion rosters are locked in place and a quick test sim shows that the first month doesn't have big waves of signings by the AI.

As penance, please enjoy some new stuff to whet your whistles.

0zC6mMd.jpgaw6eAaX.jpgb0ym4SN.jpgqUqX2d6.jpg

75O4lbF.jpgLLgXI7n.jpgoz1xigr.jpgKPx5GY0.jpg

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. But I have faith this will be excellent and I can't wait to play it. Just wish I was getting to play it while I have this whole week off...oh well, back to Anno 1800 for me I guess.

The majority of the work now is just bios and belt histories which is the most tedious part of the mod.

Hey MHero! Are title histories going to have title defences included or is it going to be the usual "unknown" value? This is something that I usually do for the companies I play as by accounting for their schedule and how often the titles are likely to be defended... helps me keep track of how dominate a title run was.

I'd hoped TEW would actually switch from 'title defences' to 'days held' on the history screen ever since TEW 2013 because it'd mean less work for the modders but here we are.

Anyway, regardless, I'm super excited for this to release and I'm happy you and the team haven't rushed it out. As someone who usually plays Japan I'm very intrigued by the All Japan picture.

Hey MHero! Are title histories going to have title defences included or is it going to be the usual "unknown" value? This is something that I usually do for the companies I play as by accounting for their schedule and how often the titles are likely to be defended... helps me keep track of how dominate a title run was.

I'd hoped TEW would actually switch from 'title defences' to 'days held' on the history screen ever since TEW 2013 because it'd mean less work for the modders but here we are.

Anyway, regardless, I'm super excited for this to release and I'm happy you and the team haven't rushed it out. As someone who usually plays Japan I'm very intrigued by the All Japan picture.

At the start, it'll be the unknown value (for now, always subject to change depending on time). That plus experience will be things that will be looked at after the first release (test runs are showing so far that the experience values being all over the shop aren't hurting ratings).

The All Japan picture is one of All Japan Joshi's new logos. The other being the same but in pink & white. :)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DoMo-B" data-cite="DoMo-B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Man, everything about this mod looks incredible. Can't wait to spend 45 minutes deciding what company to play before returning to UPJ:D</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dalton" data-cite="Dalton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I feel personally attacked.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You and me both, Dalton.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JCole71" data-cite="JCole71" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there anywhere I can find Thunderverse diaries or just pages where I can view how other players ran their Thunderverse companies? Sooo looking forward to the new mod.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Best thing to do is go to 2016 Dynasties forum and search for “Thunderverse OR T-Verse OR TVerse” which will bring up a fair few.</p>