Thunderverse Discussion Thread

I figured, given jhd1's tantalizing post over in the Thunderverse thread on the mod board...

Never say never...

...and with the usual pre-game Cornellverse prediction thread just a week away from being a thing of the past, it might be fun to speculate about what a 2020 version of the Thunderverse could look like if it were to materialize.

Anybody got any predictions/hopes/fears about how the game world would have developed from 2016 to 2020?

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoy TV so much that I dont really care what changes they make as long as there's the same sort of balance. I would be very excited for TV to come to 20 as it was easily the best database for TEW 16 bar none.

Even if its just 16 properly & fully converted I'd be happy tbh.

Oh ditto of course, but it'd be the icing on the cake to have some new/changed promotions/wrestlers to delve into.

It'd be cool to see Kinatro Kinjo and Erik van Rijn lead UPJ into gaining a presence in the US after taking over the Japanese scene once more.

UPJ forming an Alliance and excursion deal with CLLM would be cool as well.

Would be very interesting, imagine that would have a knock on impact on DRAGON.

I'm really interested to see what happens with Quincy Garvey if he buys into a company (does he go for the obvious DRAGON route, or does he buy AWF to spite Trillion and move it in a more DRAGON-esque direction?). Would also be interesting to see if Dax Deekins comes back to wrestling with his jail time up.

It'd be cool to see Kinatro Kinjo and Erik van Rijn lead UPJ into gaining a presence in the US after taking over the Japanese scene once more.

I always end up doing this on my CLLM saves. Hopefully it happens.

Speaking of Mexico I see El Angel returning after a bad run with the AWF... maybe he returns to CLLM and with Acuatico returning from injury the war there between them an IMPERIO will be more interesting.

On the US side I can see Hollywood becoming a big thing and going one on one with the AWF still struggling. As I hate Allman hopefully things will look bad for PWI and some wrestlers will have left by 2020. Maybe EVOLVE finally opens? Led by some wrestlers?

TEW2016 didn't really come alive for me until the Thunderverse mod came out. I'll be eagerly awaiting an official announcement of that.

As for predictions, given the way that my games always seem to go I expect AWF to gain the upper hand on PWI and become the premier US promotion, maybe even poaching some of PWI's talent.

I also predict that Casey Skym's podcast gets him so much acclaim that he decides to jump back into the wrestling world by opening up his own promotion.

When playing 2016, didnt really feel like the game world was big enough, so I merged this and some other quite large universe with the cornell verse and played that. Was a little bit top heavy, but ultimately quite fun with all the different promotions etc (though had to rename quite a few characters to get them to go in, and ultimately lost some other data around belt holders which I suppose I could have adjusted manually, couldn't be bothered though).

Hopefully theres a 2020 version of this verse so that I can create a mega game for myself again!

I would hope the overall skill levels of the workers improve. There really aren't many locker room leaders or mentor candidates, at least compared to the C-verse, and the scouting levels across the board tend to skew on the low side.

I really hope that doesn't change, that's one of the many things I enjoy more about the Thunderverse.

I would hope the overall skill levels of the workers improve. There really aren't many locker room leaders or mentor candidates, at least compared to the C-verse, and the scouting levels across the board tend to skew on the low side.

I wasn't massively involved in the last version of the mod, but I tended to play TEW2016 with fog of war switched off. The numbers were probably therefore close to the conversion numbers which may have resulted in them being lower than you would have expected.

The background of the ThunderVerse explains why there are not as many skilled veterans at a higher level. All worker skills have been reviewed so hopefully you'll find that the balance is there without it being a significant change that the likes of Mark wouldn't enjoy.

THIS RIGHT HERE!

I love UPJ I always mix thunderverse & the default database so I have sometimes forgotten UPJ is not a default database. I hope we get a true 2020 version.

Being a puro mark and big fan of the Japanese scene in the T-Verse, the new features regarding excursions, contracts, and scheduling has me elated. I can't wait to see how UPJ expands, or if HONOUR is still a threat to UPJ, or how DIASPORA's Heavyweight division looks! Mostly, I wonder if UPJ has "Westernized" a little bit a la NJPW with so many gaijins, New Japan of America and their U.S. title.

Talisman should be back from excursion so he should be high on the card for DIASPORA. HONOUR's founder and best worker Kenta Sonoda is an old man now. In UPJ, Kintaro Kinjo's getting up there in age and Oda Yamawaki seems to be the next Ace, so we will see if that stays true. I don't believe that there was any standout American star on their starting roster because Erik van Rijn is Dutch. So I hope they have some sort of American there to drive an American expansion. Or Europe with EVR like I did in my game (83 pop across Japan, 82 pop across Europe :D)

I'm interested to see the indian scene in the T-Verse, as, opposite to the Cornellverse (and the IRLverse lol), the indian scene there is already somewhat estabilished, given the number of indian workers

There's an established promotion as well I believe, 'Wrestling India' (assuming I haven't made that up).

Also pretty stoked to get back into the Japanese scene of the T-Verse. UPJ was the last save I got pretty invested in before I got too busy and lost momentum in the save. The aging main event scene of UPJ is super interesting to me. I think EVR and Oda would be the only guys under 35? Maybe TOKI and TEMPEST made the leap up. I think their junior division could use a shot in the arm too if I recall. So it'd be interesting to see who they've maybe poached or hired (and who they've lost too).

Curious which lucky company snatched up Gao Xi too, assuming they haven't put him through an excursion. It'd be fun to see if he becomes a super young ace for one of the smaller companies.

Curious which lucky company snatched up Gao Xi too, assuming they haven't put him through an excursion. It'd be fun to see if he becomes a super young ace for one of the smaller companies.

I'd love it if Gao Xi went to UPJ, but he was rejected by the Ozeki Dojo and was trained by Dagger Ito, so the chances of that are slim, UNLESS Dagger Ito makes up with the UPJ brass now that the Matsumoto brothers are gone forever.