Thunderverse Discussion Thread

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread is borderline abusive now and I'm a part of it with this message. Every day I seriously see a new post in here and think "this is it, its here". I've been checking in since last month.

But for real, just wanted to show my support and say I'm very much looking forward to firing the game up again for this mod. We've waited this long and can wait for however longer it'll be.

This thread is borderline abusive now and I'm a part of it with this message. Every day I seriously see a new post in here and think "this is it, its here". I've been checking in since last month.

lol me too, Thunderverse has ruined TEW for me since it is so much better than anything else (although now I've had great time with other mods too also but they are not thunderverse :p)

I wish The Club was still in the game and alive.

I wish The Club was still in the game and alive.

With the new "Cinematic Matchs" in TEW 2020, who knows ? (Except for the T-Verse team and the "testers")

If The Club isn't back in some maneer (reborn or a new company with the same "Lucha Underground" style) that'll be one of my first game with a created company.

I never played a game using the Thunderverse in TEW 2016. I have been almost exclusively using C-Verse data for the past few versions of the game.

Can anyone who has played with both C-Verse and Thunderverse data give me a comparison of the pros and cons of both?

TIA

Pros — TLDR : — The makers behind T-verse know the game better than Adam himself(just kidding) and are very involved with database.

While Real world mods community is very talented, they have constraints of real world data to deal with, Without constraints, T-verse guys can and go wild every year and create a world most suitable to the game's engine.

There are so many options with wrestlers in terms of how you can progress your save. There are no El Miticos and Austin Smooth, but variation of 20-40 guys you can hire.

Rosters are built carefully. Regions have their own distinct stars. Relationships are built very well. I am excited to see the use of traits this time around.

Real world counter-parts are much more defined yet at the same time have distinct histories and personalities. I won't spoil them here, have fun finding them. Ex. Thunderverse is based on, Hulk Hogan's T-verse counterpart.

Most important, — database has real progression, while C-verse is very stagnant.

Cons:

Vast database. You can get lost very easily.

Like every fantasy-verse it has its own history, inside jokes, secret characters its just that without board dynasties or proper history threads, it can be hard to get involved.

Lack of proper big companies. National companies existed in previous version, but all of them were teetering on cult or very early national status. You were required to build a roster and rely on few guys in the beginning. Only UPJ (NJPW counterpart) and one Mexican company truly had a roster of their level. It was a strategic choice so that the player has fun and the scenario in the database gave the justification, but I wanted big companies who could hold their place on their own.

About TEW2020 changes:

Database also loved playing with Menace/SQ and negative influence Combo as a trade-off for the stat's influence. Now that Menace is a useless stat, I want to see how that is represented here.

Diverse and creative products was a plus point, but I don't know what they are going to do this year with the constraints on the products.

Pros — TLDR : — The makers behind T-verse know the game better than Adam himself(just kidding) and are very involved with database.

While Real world mods community is very talented, they have constraints of real world data to deal with, Without constraints, T-verse guys can and go wild every year and create a world most suitable to the game's engine.

There are so many options with wrestlers in terms of how you can progress your save. There are no El Miticos and Austin Smooth, but variation of 20-40 guys you can hire.

Rosters are built carefully. Regions have their own distinct stars. Relationships are built very well. I am excited to see the use of traits this time around.

Real world counter-parts are much more defined yet at the same time have distinct histories and personalities. I won't spoil them here, have fun finding them. Ex. Thunderverse is based on, Hulk Hogan's T-verse counterpart.

Most important, — database has real progression, while C-verse is very stagnant.

Cons:

Vast database. You can get lost very easily.

Like every fantasy-verse it has its own history, inside jokes, secret characters its just that without board dynasties or proper history threads, it can be hard to get involved.

Lack of proper big companies. National companies existed in previous version, but all of them were teetering on cult or very early national status. You were required to build a roster and rely on few guys in the beginning. Only UPJ (NJPW counterpart) and one Mexican company truly had a roster of their level. It was a strategic choice so that the player has fun and the scenario in the database gave the justification, but I wanted big companies who could hold their place on their own.

About TEW2020 changes:

Database also loved playing with Menace/SQ and negative influence Combo as a trade-off for the stat's influence. Now that Menace is a useless stat, I want to see how that is represented here.

Diverse and creative products was a plus point, but I don't know what they are going to do this year with the constraints on the products.

Thanks so much for the detailed response! I think I'll try it out once it's released :)

Thanks so much for the detailed response! I think I'll try it out once it's released :)

There's converted version of -16 one somewhere in this topic. It's not very much tweaked so I don't recommend so much to play it but it's a great way to get a bit introduced into Thunderverse because bios are so well written.

Yes, bios are written. Not organic. WRITTEN.

(just kidding, just referencing to organic vs written bios war of the mods section)

But yeah the new version is probably coming soon so shouldn't be a problem to wait for it.

Another point that I find to be in favour of the Thunderverse is the graphical consistency. All of the worker renders are of a consistent style - although there is still a lot of visual diversity, variety, and character.

Going back to play the Cverse when TEW20 released, having been solely playing the Thunderverse for the end of TEW16, I found the variety of render styles to be a little jarring. While I think that the brilliant renders used for the Cverse are fantastic, and a real testament to the hardworking community behind them, they do really vary in style - with some being very realistic, others very cartoony, etc. This can somewhat draw me out of the Cverse's world, as the workers do not seem cohesive, or like they should exist in the same universe.

On the other hand, the Thunderverse's worker renders all being delivered in a similar style still leaves room to express lots of personality, but helps me to feel immersed in the world as the people in it actually look as though they belong in the same universe.

This wasn't something I expected to care about before playing the Thunderverse, but it has really snuck up on me as a massive benefit.

Man, this love-fest on all the reasons the Thunderverse rules has been great but I really need this mod now. Preferably before I leave for a vacation next week and don't have a chance to play it. Seriously considering throwing a Windows partition on my laptop just in case....

How long is your vacation? That might determine whether it's worth a partition or not...