ZEN: Art Of Wrestling

I don't happen to have TEW16 opened at the moment, but considering they almost died but were kept alive by Kickstarter in I wanna say 2014, I'm betting that either a) something happens that keeps them alive or b) they get bought out by someone.

If I had to guess what happened to them, I would think what might happen is that Australian Pro Wrestling buys out Zen: Art of Wrestling and they go on to become Australian Zen Pro: Art of Wrestling. This then allows them to compete with RAW as a direct #2, instead of being the distant #2 that they are at the start of TEW16.

I know a bet and a guess mean the same thing, but my bet is more confident that it'll happen. My guess is more just what I would wish would happen.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="-laz-" data-cite="-laz-" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47501" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They could be fun with the new cinematic matches</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that is their direction for 2020, it seemed they were basically that in 2016, just without the option to run such shows.</p>

<p>With all the new features and the previous mentioned Cinematic matches, if ZEN isn't in TEW 2020, I might actually cry, although if they closed down imagine them just opening again under "new management" with new gimmicks would be funny little thing.</p><p> </p><p>

#TheMutliverseLivesForever</p>

<p>Always enjoyed ZEN and always wanted to explore them a bit more. Might give'em a look in 2020 if they're still around. I think them and RAW would thrive from the cinematic matches. ZEN's the only starter Comedy key feature fed I believe and I like to think their unique characters would be enough to keep'em afloat.</p><p> </p><p>

Or maybe they do close and Halloween Knight reopens his dojo. KANZEN could replace them I suppose, but would like to see ZEN stick around.</p>

I played like 11 years with ZEN as Cyanide. He lost his mask to Halloween Knight that became a baby face. Cyanide was the Leader of D.A.R.K. with Misery and The Nightmare tag team. He became like a «Broken» Cyanide. Then, Massacre and Necromancer came back to ZEN. They attacked Cyanide. He came back with a new mask and helps Halloween Knight in his mission: destroy one and for all the evil Stable he created before. RAW went bankrupt! I don’t know how they did that 😂. I signed Swoop, Maurice Jackson and many more. I finally had a tv show. I would make it a cult maybe with two more years. Of course, that’s the promotion I played the longest. Can’t wait to see what’s new with them.

Wow! I went to APW first, I should have checked out ZEN!

New Guys:

Aukland Raider! I love Bryant, but he would have never been a guy I would have seen getting signed to ZEN. This is the best thing in the world to me. I love his character, he is going to be a star. Crime Buster! Though, I would love to see a Mirror Universe version of him using his former ring name. Surge, sorry Deathwatch Beetle.. That is another colourful recast I wouldn't have even thought about. Karrg The Conquerer is an Alien.. God perfect. Laguna the Loyal, again just an overwhelming positive. They remind me of the Ants from Chikara. Rekha, nice to see another female talent on the roster. She looks great.

Get rid of guys:

Blue Flea is still here, and with a DUI! Cut him, cut him now! How is Bruce and Hyde not only still here, but the Tag-Team Champions. I guess when you rely on only two teams and lose 1 half of a tag-team it doesn't leave much to be desired in the tag-team division.

Best story line in wrestling:

The love angle with Kalliope is going to excellent to see people tell the story of, while I am normally not a fan of females being love interests. That is so interesting, it will be great.

The rest of the roster:

Damian Dastardly is still here thank god! Still hasn't captured the main title hurts. Killer B has so much potential now he is a solo act. I look forward to seeing him become huge. Man O'War turning Heel is great. I think he is a perfect heel, and if Damian wasn't around I would love to see him push into a ME heel, for now he is with the best stable in CVerse history.

ZERO, oh a throwback of sorts to Wolf's diary where the tag-team split up. It is cool to see ZERO get a role in the ME picture, and with Halloween Knight stepping back a little. It is a surprise to see him the Master Champion with so many other candidates, but a great sight to see.

:( Shaolin is unemployed

I really like what they've done with ZEN, though booking a show has been a bit of a challenge due to them starting with 20 Rudos and only 10 Tecnicos. It's particularly bad in the tag team division with 5 Rudo teams and the only tecnico team being the job squad of Blue Flea and Ferdy Lloyd. I thought about turning some folks face, but pretty much everyone who matters is either better as a heel or in a feud where a face turn would be kind of anti-climactic, so for the time being I think I'm going to have to include a few Rudo vs Rudo matches and hope since it's only loosely enforced that the penalties aren't too bad.

For my tag team division I feel like the Ghost Hunters being anti-supernatural (and anti-fun) means I can feud them with other rudo teams like Pinky and the Vain and Warp-Jump and have it feel logical in storyline even if none of them are out and out fan favorites. I'm also bringing in Moon Child and Surfer Dude Lucas to be a fun fan favorite team, but it'll take some time before I can really have them over enough to be in the title scene.

As for the main event scene I'm thinking that I'll re-sign The Alex Arturro Exeprience, and have him as a commentator on the first show only for him to interfere to help ZERO retain his belt against Pumpkin Jack and become his new manager/mouthpiece. Figure this'll sure up the sort of glaring weakness he has of not having any entertainment skills.

<p>ZEN has always been one of my fav C-Verse company, but I had issues with growing in size and money in the past. So I wanted to run a test with creating a new broadcaster and see what that does.</p><p> </p><p>

ZEN can make a iPPV broadcaster with Tiny coverage across Oceania right away. So I did and aptly named it "ZEN: Way of Making Money". </p><p> </p><p>

After running the first event I made $13k in PPV Revenue alone. So you will earn your money back quickly. There wasn't a significant pop increase so it doesn't look like it's too gamey or overpowered. Not sure if this is the best opening strategy or what the long term effects are, but curious to see what happens after a full year.</p>

ZEN has always been one of my fav C-Verse company, but I had issues with growing in size and money in the past. So I wanted to run a test with creating a new broadcaster and see what that does.

ZEN can make a iPPV broadcaster with Tiny coverage across Oceania right away. So I did and aptly named it "ZEN: Way of Making Money".

After running the first event I made $13k in PPV Revenue alone. So you will earn your money back quickly. There wasn't a significant pop increase so it doesn't look like it's too gamey or overpowered. Not sure if this is the best opening strategy or what the long term effects are, but curious to see what happens after a full year.

Interesting. Seems like a bit more power than that broadcaster should have.. I wonder how Internet Commercial would do instead, given the cost is the same.

Interesting. Seems like a bit more power than that broadcaster should have.. I wonder how Internet Commercial would do instead, given the cost is the same.

I tried Internet Commercial (Tiny in Oceania and India) and ran a show with pretty miniscule viewership (about 1200). It generated 0 broadcast revenue, which seems wrong though.

I have endend my two month with ZEN and it was pretty funny.

I tried to make ZERO more popular but both beating Pumpkin Jack and H. Knight (the second clean with no note like keep strong or protect) didn't work. He stayed ad 37 in New Zealand. I guess it is because of his very low performace skills and decided was not worth it and i made him drop the Master Title to Pumpkin Jack. Funny thing he was a bit unhappy even if Jack his more over than him, only in New Zealand throught. The match was a Weapon On A Pole match, and the Weapon was... candies. Anyway, asked ZERO to do a Stunt Bump and i got a 58 for my best match for this save. Then i gave him 2 weeks of paid time off, and when is back i'm not sure what doing with him, he is still a good wrestler.

Jack is champion, but he will drop it soon to someone of the Alien Armada. This because 1) in my mind Jack is fixed with eating candies (that was part of his feud with ZERO) and i want to run a story of him discovering to have diabetes and learn to live with it 2) The Master Title will be the focus of the H Knight vs Alien Armada storyline. I asked myself why Aliens will go to ZEN to conquer the world (stupid and useless question i know:p) and i decided the reason was that there is a great power in ZEN that will guarantee the sucess of their invasion. After kidnaping and "torturing" Knight they believe it's the Master Title, they even stole it but found nothing so now they'll try to win it.

But the Master Title is not the Great Power. Building up to it, Pinkie and The Vane made a trip in a temple of some sort somewhere and found something to get the attention of The Ghost Hunters to get a title match against them. That thing they found will eventually indicates that the Great Power is... Urban Fox!

Why? I like the guy, don't know why. At least he has charisma. For now he's only a guy with a Fox mask that believe to have a Fox's mind, then i will make him a super cosmic entity!

About The Ghost Hunters, they lost the Harmony Title to Warp-Jump, so now they are the one that need do convince Pinkie and The Vane for a match to get their hands on that something and prove it's nothing more tha old stuff.

The whole Skullduggery is like a school of some sort. That way i have justified all that storylines they had going as "assignments". Honestly i wasn't very fond of this (Damian is wasted in this stable in my opinion) but then Cyanide promised me that he will job to Lerome Slim, so when i can continue this save they'll have internal problems... let Lerome win but at the end stay togheter and maybe use this as an excuse to make Damian leave them.

Kalliope was stuck with the Skullduggery and now i will run with the idea that she's unhappy that she couldn't defend the title clean (thanks to Skullduggery and Snark) and she will give Snark a chance if he helps her by stopping any external interference.

The only other "important" thing is Guru Vishni that bringed in ZEN a new Mirror Universe, Dreadnought. This was an impulsive choice and now i'm not sure what to do with it. Probably have him win the Conceptual Title from Kalliope and then explore what kind of person is his regular version.

In two months i only grown of 1 point in popularity and i'm kinda ok with that, growing too fast will just make dealing with the perception system a bit frustrating, IMO. In the second month i made a PPV network and with 5 show i got back almost half of what i spent to open it. I'm a bit confused in the drastic fall in viewers with my last show (only 125 from 464 of the week before that was in line for what i got for my weekly event. My annual event made more than 1700 buys.) but i need to explore that in other saves.

Can't wait for when the full game is released to keep playing this save.

Well Dany I love catching up on your ZEN story. While I would have liked to see you perservere with ZERO as it would be cool to read. Still I hope he drops it to Man O'War as that would be a great story for him personally and he is one of my favourites.

I love the storylines you have set and where you are planning to take ZEN so I hope you keep us upto date.

Well Dany I love catching up on your ZEN story. While I would have liked to see you perservere with ZERO as it would be cool to read. Still I hope he drops it to Man O'War as that would be a great story for him personally and he is one of my favourites.

I love the storylines you have set and where you are planning to take ZEN so I hope you keep us upto date.

Thank you! This is going to be a good incentive to keep the save going. (and maybe break my record of 2 years in a save!)