SWF: Supreme Wrestling Federation

So asking for input. Background in 1st paragraph. Questions after that.

I've decided to run an SWF scenario where Rocky Golden goes off for a year to pursue an acting career (on hiatus and will return as a free agent). I'm not doing this for some super hard challenge (I split his overness plus a bit between Scythe, Rogue and Valiant which I can defend because as he's leaving I'm expending more effort on them, justifying the overness boost). I just don't really want Golden to be "the uber guy" and I've always been fascinated with the "who would have been Hogan if Hogan didn't sign?" or "Who will replace Hogan?". So I'm doing it here.

So since Golden isn't "uberman" who should be? I thought about grabbing Wolfie H and saying I would have signed him instead but he's too good. Anyway I want the person I focus on to be someone the SWF has (Cverse canon) or will (my gameplay) build up.

So who should it (or they) be? Valiant and Mikey Lau will be 1-2 for now. I'm turning Rogue face because he took the belt and Scythe's title shot so Scythe has targeted him. I'm looking for someone that has presence but not uber presence (so Batman and not Superman). He should be able to talk and at least be pretty good in the ring. I'm not wanting to pluck a big time free agent. I'd rather build someone I have or a lower level free agent up.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I've decided to run an SWF scenario where Rocky Golden goes off for a year to pursue an acting career (on hiatus and will return as a free agent). I'm not doing this for some super hard challenge (I split his overness plus a bit between Scythe, Rogue and Valiant which I can defend because as he's leaving I'm expending more effort on them, justifying the overness boost). I just don't really want Golden to be "the uber guy" and I've always been fascinated with the "who would have been Hogan if Hogan didn't sign?" or "Who will replace Hogan?". So I'm doing it here.

So since Golden isn't "uberman" who should be? I thought about grabbing Wolfie H and saying I would have signed him instead but he's too good. Anyway I want the person I focus on to be someone the SWF has (Cverse canon) or will (my gameplay) build up.

So who should it (or they) be? Valiant and Mikey Lau will be 1-2 for now. I'm turning Rogue face because he took the belt and Scythe's title shot so Scythe has targeted him. I'm looking for someone that has presence but not uber presence (so Batman and not Superman). He should be able to talk and at least be pretty good in the ring. I'm not wanting to pluck a big time free agent. I'd rather build someone I have or a lower level free agent up.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Matthew Keith sounds perfect for this.

For a proper indie guy, someone like Fro Sure is a good bet. Other options could be Kip Keenan, Cowboy Buck Winchester, or Nelson Callum.

From your roster, I'd look at Steve Parker. Only problem is he's quite old to push from his current position to a main-event star.

Any ideas? Thanks.

If you don't get hung up on this character being a certain size, I would suggest Spencer Spade. He's only Middleweight but has excellent Star Quality, he can talk and he's solid in the ring while still being young. He's always been considered as the homegrown figurehead in waiting for SWF.

For a proper indie guy, someone like Fro Sure is a good bet. Other options could be Kip Keenan, Cowboy Buck Winchester, or Nelson Callum.

From your roster, I'd look at Steve Parker. Only problem is he's quite old to push from his current position to a main-event star.

I have a deep love for Steven Parker, he can be built up quickly to a main event player with the right fueds. But his star quality and mic skills aren't quite top star level.

Another indy suggestion I have would be Logan Wolfsbaine, his entertainment skills are much much better than they were in 16 and he's still really young if you're planning on doing a long term save.

That was the idea in my last 2016 SWF save. Lau was the man for about 8 months and I was going to transition to Keith. The imminent release of 2020 and a (once again, will I ever learn) bloated roster that made booking a chore interrupted that save.

or a proper indie guy, someone like Fro Sure is a good bet. Other options could be Kip Keenan, Cowboy Buck Winchester, or Nelson Callum

Callum (Spelled Kallum) was the semi transitional champ Keith was going to win the belt from. He stole The Crippler's (Morrisette) render & gimmick (out of game) lol. Once he became champ I changed his name from Krippler Kallum to just Kallum (the K was an accident in spelling that I kept). Didn't do anything with Kip or Buck.

If you don't get hung up on this character being a certain size, I would suggest Spencer Spade. He's only Middleweight but has excellent Star Quality, he can talk and he's solid in the ring while still being young. He's always been considered as the homegrown figurehead in waiting for SWF.

Size isn't a real issue. Star quality is and he has it in (please forgive me, wait for it … ) spades. (Pun started unintended, realized then rode until it wore out).

Another indy suggestion I have would be Logan Wolfsbaine, his entertainment skills are much much better than they were in 16 and he's still really young if you're planning on doing a long term save.

Good suggestion. Hadn't thought about him.

Parker will be a player for sure. I like Fro Sure but the name. I change it to Jay "Fro" Shure. I also try to find a render where the fro is there but not quite as spotlighted.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was wondering if anyone had any name suggestions for Captain Wrestling II? He is doing really well in RIPW, POP skyrocketing and I plan to bring him up soon, but I don't know how I feel about the name and I was wondering if anyone had any alternative ideas?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Spencer Spade does look to be the canon guy for this role. If he becomes available, Aaron Knight definitely. No overness in USA but would be well worth it.

His entertainment skills aren't up to scratch but I feel like Primus Allen could make it, great physical brawler with star quality, menace & can play both face & heel. In 2016 I was pushing him hard with USPW, ended up with 94 basics, 87 psychology & B- microphone & charisma.

If you want someone that isn't ready yet but with the right training & destiny roll could be the guy for a John Cena length of time, Whole Lotta Marvin in development. Send him to the performance centre, give him a tag run with someone good and see how he goes.

I was wondering if anyone had any name suggestions for Captain Wrestling II? He is doing really well in RIPW, POP skyrocketing and I plan to bring him up soon, but I don't know how I feel about the name and I was wondering if anyone had any alternative ideas?

You could incorporate his real name, Jeff Waters. Captain Waters, Jeffrey Wrestling (I love hearing the Johnny Wrestling chant and this would fit it). Jefferson Stardust might be a similar clash but SWF has Kristen & Krissy, Joe & Joey and two Robbie's so they mustn't feel it's a big deal.

Bit out of the box suggestion but if you're willing to give him a cartoony push you could keep Captain Wrestling and have him be the hero to Atom Smasher's villain. Captain Wrestling was an old friend & superhero colleague of Captain Atomic and he's come to SWF to atone for Smasher's misdeeds.

Spencer Spade does look to be the canon guy for this role. If he becomes available, Aaron Knight definitely. No overness in USA but would be well worth it.

His entertainment skills aren't up to scratch but I feel like Primus Allen could make it, great physical brawler with star quality, menace & can play both face & heel. In 2016 I was pushing him hard with USPW, ended up with 94 basics, 87 psychology & B- microphone & charisma.

If you want someone that isn't ready yet but with the right training & destiny roll could be the guy for a John Cena length of time, Whole Lotta Marvin in development. Send him to the performance centre, give him a tag run with someone good and see how he goes.

You could incorporate his real name, Jeff Waters. Captain Waters, Jeffrey Wrestling (I love hearing the Johnny Wrestling chant and this would fit it). Jefferson Stardust might be a similar clash but SWF has Kristen & Krissy, Joe & Joey and two Robbie's so they mustn't feel it's a big deal.

Bit out of the box suggestion but if you're willing to give him a cartoony push you could keep Captain Wrestling and have him be the hero to Atom Smasher's villain. Captain Wrestling was an old friend & superhero colleague of Captain Atomic and he's come to SWF to atone for Smasher's misdeeds.

I like the idea of Jeffrey Wrestling!! I had the exact same thought about keeping it Captain Wrestling since he could be the hero to Smashers villain! I am intrigued about running that story, but what’s the long term plan? That’s where I stopped thinking about that idea! I do really like Jeffrey Wrestling tho!

Wanted to see how your Underwater re-Union was/is going.

I haven't gotten to it just yet, booked Supreme Challenge yesterday and starting the slow burn. Jumbo returned as Aaron Jackson at SC40 to answer an open challenge by John Greed.

The Crippler fought Joey Morgan at Supreme Challenge, it was one of the few times I actually wrote out the promos for it because this is where I'm starting his turn. The prelude to this is that Crippler took exception to a Morgan comment about him being over the hill after he lost his 3rd title match with Rocky Golden. Morgan lost a North American Championship tournament match to Bret Starr which led to this:

Crippler tells Morgan he knew Starr would beat him, Morgan isn't vindictive enough. That's why he's failed to live up to the hype since joining SWF - "All that fake sportsmanship & 'I'll beat you fair and square' might work in the little leagues but take it from a guy that used to dress as a lobster... When you lose the suit that these people make you wear, becoming the man you really are, it's only then that you can truly achieve greatness."

Morgan asks what Crippler's idea of greatness is? "Did you achieve greatness when you nearly broke Jack Bruce's neck? Hmm, he came back and beat you didn't he? How about when you faced Rocky Golden..no wait, he beat you too. Was it when you became World Ch...oh, my bad. You haven't been a champion of anything in over 10 years have you. Face it, Chris, all you did was take off one suit and replace it with another. You're still in a shell." And with that Crippler attacks, but Morgan is ready for it & hits an Empire Spiral.

Crippler wins a hard fought open match at Supreme Challenge then shakes Morgan's hand. Next Crippler is going to admit that Morgan had a point about him still wearing a suit and he needs to shed the weight of it if he's to realise his ambition before it's too late. He instructs the announcer to introduce him as 'The Crippler' Chris Morrisette and resumes his quest to be World Champion. Now I just need to figure out the timeline as I can't afford to wait too long in case they retire, but I'm hoping to do the Underwater (re)Union at either Christmas Clash or When Hell Freezes Over.

Anyone else getting some unfortunate and consistent popularity caps?

Steven Parker seems to have capped at 70 Popularity in my current game,and has capped at this in many past runs.

Crippler seems to consistently cap at either the 76 he starts at or not much higher than the low 80's

I seem to have gotten lucky with Gilmore as his cap seems to be 90, except for in Maritimes Canada of all places where it hasn't increased from his base 77 lol.. which also happens a lot, but it kinda seems tied to the potential fanbase of an area. .

Remo, Rocky, Rogue, Valiant, seem stuck where they start in every game I play. .

and I've had Spencer Spade of all people get capped around 78 to 82 many times. .

I know high momentum helps boost them and I don't think it's a bug per se, but it does seem unfortunately consistent. . I was just curious if it's the same for anyone else. .

Steven Parker seems to have capped at 70 Popularity in my current game,and has capped at this in many past runs.

Crippler seems to consistently cap at either the 76 he starts at or not much higher than the low 80's

I seem to have gotten lucky with Gilmore as his cap seems to be 90, except for in Maritimes Canada of all places where it hasn't increased from his base 77 lol.. which also happens a lot, but it kinda seems tied to the potential fanbase of an area. .

Remo, Rocky, Rogue, Valiant, seem stuck where they start in every game I play. .

and I've had Spencer Spade of all people get capped around 78 to 82 many times. .

I know high momentum helps boost them and I don't think it's a bug per se, but it does seem unfortunately consistent. . I was just curious if it's the same for anyone else. .

Decided to take a look due to your post, only one that seems to have capped right now is Scythe at 74, which SUCKS.

I have had Scythe stuck at 71 in my save, I had him win the world title in the first PPV and even after I think 3 defences or so, he has still remained at 71, and I don't know why. Sounds like guys maybe get capped at different totals but I'm not sure, maybe its just how he has been booked. I might even take the title off him sooner than planned which was Supreme Challenge 40. That been said I kind of like it, it gives you something else to deal with, I like the unpredictably of it. In my game I had zero plans to push Atom Smasher and Ekuma and they have both gotten over big. Well Atom Smasher more so with me, his pop is about 71 but he is red hot as North American Champion, I'm possibly going to have him face Scythe the PPV before Supreme Challenge 40 in a champion vs champion main event though that might change depending on Scythe plans.

Ekuma and High Flying Hawaiian are the tag champs in my game and in 1 match Ekuma went from a 68 popularity to 73 beating the challengers of Cannonball and Stardust. So I might have to do something with Ekuma, I'll have to wait and see.

I haven't had any of these but Remo has capped at 77 for me lmao so that's annoying!

I haven't had any of these but Remo has capped at 77 for me lmao so that's annoying!

ouch! That one hurts. I think Gilmore has a 75ish cap for me, same with Crippler. Which is fine. I've given up on the idea of having Crippler win the World title.

Talking of World Title. I just had Remo beat Rogue on the PPV before Supreme Challenge. Remo is on fire, just got up to 92 pop, higher than Rocky Golden. I am leading to the Golden Vs Remo main event, they've been teasing it for a while. Rogue Vs Remo drew me an 86 which i'm happy about. One of my highest ratings so far.

ouch! That one hurts. I think Gilmore has a 75ish cap for me, same with Crippler. Which is fine. I've given up on the idea of having Crippler win the World title.

Talking of World Title. I just had Remo beat Rogue on the PPV before Supreme Challenge. Remo is on fire, just got up to 92 pop, higher than Rocky Golden. I am leading to the Golden Vs Remo main event, they've been teasing it for a while. Rogue Vs Remo drew me an 86 which i'm happy about. One of my highest ratings so far.

Yeah, I initially had plans to do Rocky V Remo at SC 40! I gave Remo his own stable, planned to have him win a huge tournament, etc, but for whatever reason, his POP dropped to 77 from 84! It is 77 in USA, Canada, and Mexico lol! Literally, in every single area it's 77! So It's clear he isn't moving anytime soon! I think Rocky Golden has capped at 84 as well...

I'm glad your Remo is doing so well!! The highest-rated guy for POP on my roster atm is Atom Smasher, he is hitting high 90s!

Yeah, I initially had plans to do Rocky V Remo at SC 40! I gave Remo his own stable, planned to have him win a huge tournament, etc, but for whatever reason, his POP dropped to 77 from 84! It is 77 in USA, Canada, and Mexico lol! Literally, in every single area it's 77! So It's clear he isn't moving anytime soon! I think Rocky Golden has capped at 84 as well...

I'm glad your Remo is doing so well!! The highest-rated guy for POP on my roster atm is Atom Smasher, he is hitting high 90s!

Oh wow, Golden at 84 as well?? That's rough. I don't see him mentioned very much but how's Joey Morgan doing for you? I feel like I should be doing more with him but he's totally lost in the shuffle for me. There's so many great people on the roster that just need a slight push and they could do so much.

Oh wow, Golden at 84 as well?? That's rough. I don't see him mentioned very much but how's Joey Morgan doing for you? I feel like I should be doing more with him but he's totally lost in the shuffle for me. There's so many great people on the roster that just need a slight push and they could do so much.

I've been running a storyline where he loses a lot and then I'm gonna have him snap! So his POP is low 60s at the moment HAHAHA, but I'm gonna build him back up!

As for Golden, it is what it is hahaha, Valiant has hit 90s for me and I'm using Steve Frehley as a face and he is 90s as well! So I think I'm gonna position Valiant as the figurehead instead of Rocky! Also, Valiant has consistently been giving me 90+ performances in his matches, Rocky on the other hand is constantly giving me 84-87s!

Atom Smasher is my godsend tho, I can't rave enough! 92+ POP and he is consistently giving me 92-95 match performances!!

Remo has been the same for me, went into Supreme Challenge level on pop with Golden at 90/91. They had a great match as the SC40 main event, scored a 92, but annoyingly it caused Remo to drop to 83/84 pop. I never noticed how big an impact gimmick has on match result pop changes so it's something I'll need to adapt my booking to.

Des Davids has been stuck at 73 pop for a few months now, really hope that's not his cap as I gave him a guaranteed World Championship contract at Awesome Impact after he quickly rose to Major Star :(

USPW just stole Rogue from me and renamed him The Wrath Of God lol

Love that, I hope they've immediately made him leader of the Olympus Order?

<p>I thought I'd drop some of the stat increases for some of my workers if anybody is interested! I've had some really good growth from a lot of guys! I'm currently in June 2020!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Spencer Spade</strong></p><p>

Consistency - 74 up to 83</p><p>

Safety - 88 up to 93</p><p>

Sex Appeal - 83 up to 89</p><p>

Star Quality - 92 up to 100</p><p>

Stamina - 72 up to 77</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Valiant</strong></p><p>

Basics - 75 up to 85</p><p>

Consistency - 85 up to 95</p><p>

Safety - 81 up to 89</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Steven Parker</strong></p><p>

Basics - 82 up to 88</p><p>