What's Going on in Your Game?

10 minutes ago, same-old-davey said:

They are, but with 0 experience, meaning they are potentially able to team up at some point.

Also in my game, Christopher Daniels got severely Dynamite Kid'd but is still wrestling full time for three companies despite this.386969554_NewBitmapImage.thumb.jpg.0f94f991f7c2f3fdc85f1b89d1eecade.jpg

His stats look low. IMO, Christopher Daniels is a good all-arounder. He can make other wrestlers look better too.

28 minutes ago, James The Animator said:

same-old-davey is probably using Mammoth’s Shifting Sands mod. I played a year with both WWE and TNA in that mod, and everybody has low stats. The only four people in the entire database with 90+ star quality are Inoki (RIP), Hogan, Flair, and Rock. I stopped playing my save when WWE got a drug scandal on the night of the ‘07 Rumble. The save just got to be too depressing after a while.

You got it. I kinda prefer a low scoring game. 85+ matches are rare and seem like a truly special occasion.

No likes: the schedules. Had to manually mess with ROH, PWG and all the touring companies.

Created WWE in my CVerse game (starting as Tiny, but the titles are too good looking to not use), and SWF and USPW have gifted me my two best workers. Of course they are nothing but mid carders to them, but as long as I can keep them I should be able to ride the growth with them.

I turned growth caps off at first to test, once I get to the next size I will probably turn to Weak or Strong. Then again, running with free shoes for now so I am sure that is also affecting pop growth.

It has been a fun game so far, only 2 months in, but have already had to adjust some storylines.

Edited by CQI13

In just the first few months my original plans have changed drastically. One of my top heels has been poached by USPW, but TCW and SWF keep releasing people that would be useful to me. I think it just means that some of the guys I intend to build around might just take a little longer to get there. But then again, maybe not, since the bigger companies might come poach those guys again.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:28 AM, GSGaming said:

The latest episode which is the Extreme Rules PPV - starts with a run down of the card.

Or if you want to see the playlist for the full series..

Really appreciate your time. if you could like and/or subscribe you would make my day :)

Liking your series so far, keep up the good work!

7 minutes ago, Zero said:

In my 85-2011 game Kurt Angle just dropped down to small which has given me purpose again.  My Light-Heavyweight division is trash, so I plan on sticking Angle down there and just have him dominating for 2 or 3 years lol.  

Cursed but something we love to see.

On 9/1/2022 at 11:04 PM, MaiTyLer said:

WrestleLyfe: Year 6 (January 2025-January 2026)

1 year later after a bit of IRL neglect, getting a job, and new forums, Ozfest 19 (XIX) has finally been booked, published, and come out as our second best ever show at a 90, While I was you know what blocked by the Go home TV show with a 91 🤡. The wrestling world is going through a sort of new boom, with Wrestleworld helping make alot of the indies become almost super indies, but they don't really offer large contracts out, the only real one was Costal Zone, and they have grown to the point of being out of Wrestleworld, and competing with the big 3 (Although they are really struggling to steal anyone of note). The other fresh indies are doing fine, only Sumatra Championship Wrestling are in the red (Mexico fed I've used as a tax write off because I don't really need the money, but I'm on my last go to save them) and no one has folded since CWA in Canada in '24.

My 5K Alliance feud has reached its "Climax" as Jack Avatar beat his partner, Rod Sullivan, & Champ Lynx to win the APW Commonwealth Title, I'm not going to lie, I was kinda scared they would reach the right amount of match ratings to justify the switch, but the story was there, and in teh span of a month, Jack went from 60s to 78s, the journey has been complete. Now for the next part..Him and Yuta are still Tag Champs, I'm thinking of vacating them, which I don't like to do, but A its my save why care and B I don't have to suck all the newly gained pop off of them just yet, might have to consult the Booking Committee thread.  JT Ace retained his Aussie Belt over Pumpkin Jack, Ace has been up the card, but he still is a work in progress, he only did a 51 to Jack's 79, he's on a whole other level, but Jack is starting to get inside his own head after a month out with a sprained ankle, thought of giving him the belt in a shock short reign but mess with my backstage I don't forget. The Quest (Kian Owens and Louie Louis) had an awesome match with SubUrban Legend and Killer B, Brisbane Devil ended a six month feud with Pookie Possum, and Christian Gerard won a battle royal for a title shot. All of these guys are the backbones of the rooster, but good lord Legend and Gerard are the two standouts for simply best like holy hell, they just entered a program with each other based on that alone. Will Beaumont beat Buckminster Snark in a match to both have Will on da card and have Snark get alittle more over to hopefully move into the upper midcard. Other noteworthy things are The Children of Sport won a 4v4 lol, Monday Next wrestled the pre-show since the time decline is finally starting to hit him and hit him hard, and "The Kiwi Supremacist" Paul Reinhold won a showcase match, as he has become one of my favorite gimmicks. The next year (and my last as according to my game rules, will mostly be about using all these big names to finally overtake RAW in terms of ratings (I'm so close) and complete the finally legacy of my huge storyline idea.

6 years in game and USPW still are the dominate force in wrestling, although the war with SWF is still decently close, but Rocky Golden "USED ONLYFANS" and as such was cancelled and let go. Thus the hit in star power has been a decent turning point. 21CW are seemingly recovering from the big talent raids in the early 2020s by pushing Apollo Prince, and TCW is still chugging alone decently, although if someone wants their top guy is usually a no contest. T-Bone Bright has be up and down as top guy but he seems to being doing good, although if Greg Gauge wasn't out with a Torn Rotator Cuff, you must think he'd have the big one over there. Japan is basically how it is at the start, BHOTWG are #1, I think only in terms of just in game data (pop) are PGHW are #2, as I think if they had just a bit more points EXODUS 2010 would blow them out of the water 9/10 times, WLW 7/10. Mexico exists, nothing else of note.

Playing with the RTG rolls are fun, and overall I think this is the longest save I ever had at this point, hoping to bang out the next shows when I get the time.

WrestleLyfe: Year 6 (January 2026-June 2026)

The time has come, I have finally booked the true end of the Jack Avatar & Yuta Isono saga. I'll be focusing on this whole bit since the other feuds while good on their own right, are eclipsed by how big in scale this storyline was/is still, but I'll summarize real quick. SubUrban Legend & Christopher Gerard, as well as Lynx & Rod Sullivan have been in 5-6 month long blood feuds, Will Beaumont has been feuding with Goliath Global (The Duo & Buckminster Snark), The Children of Sport (Semi Parody stable) have been feuding with some lower teir faces to push them up the card, & Brisbaine Devil has been suffering from LACKOFATTENTIONFROMBOOKERMAN-itis.

Anyway, back to what really matters. Jack & Yuta's alliance wasn't strained at all in the aftermath of Ozfest 19, they worked well together to isolate faces and make sure they're attentions weren't 100% there in matches, such as using Killer B to distract SubUrban Legend (and using Gerard to cost him a rematch after Geard didn't get pinned in a triple threat) or overwhelming Will Beaumont even after he took out Snark. but all good things must come to an end, and it all started with their tag titles. Beating the Gold Coast Express in their home region should have been an easy day, but a vengful Will Beaumont cost Yuta his balance and caused him to get pinned after more then a year as champs. Afterwards Yuta admitted his mistakes, he even went on to challenge and beat Will Beaumont at the following event (with an assist from Sean Quartermainne) but the tensions had started to form. Even in terms of wrestling, it wasn't much, little stares while the other wasn't looking, whispers on social media, rumors of a backstage confrontation right after the tag title loss, but it all happened within a month, and as such it slowly snowballed into a larger and larger conflict. When Rod Sullivan became the next failed challenger against Jack's title reign, the world was shocked when Yuta Isono challenged him for the title at Caged Showdown the following month, but no one was more stunned then both Jack & Sean. Yuta said he wanted to prove himself, win or lose, that they were always what they said the 5K Alliance was, EQUAL. The challenge was friendly, no cheating, no funny business, no Sean even as with the name's tradition it would be in a steel cage. The man known as Jack Avatar was in a tough position now, he liked Yuta, he really did, but did he love that title more. Quartermainne was seen talking with Jack, assumingly telling him to call the match off, not to ruin the stable he helped build to screw over APW. Tensions where high, as tag matches descended into screaming matches, backstage interviews cancelled, and different rental cars used, but on the go home show of Caged Showdown, it all came to a head. 

APW Must See TV, Episode #233, the opening of the show was interrupted by Jack Avatar coming out unannounced and...telling the truth. Jack respected Isono, and his challenge even more, and while he wanted to keep that title, he wanted to keep his integrity even more. He called out not Isono, but Quartermainne for telling him to cheat, to use a weapon like brass knucks and they'd find a more loyal, less opportunistic partner to replace him. Instead it was Sean who would be "fired" and Jack promising to keep things civil, and no longer using advice from a washed out old man in the business, in their match, and even took an open challenged as self imposed punishment for his previous actions right after. Somewhat overdramatic but it seemed to get the point across, as Yuta would shake the mans hand and even toasted some champagne as the show went off the air. The main event the next day, the match everyone wanted to see, Jack Avatar, the champion, vs his partner and friend, Yuta Isono, for the most important match of either mans lives. It was an epic match, one of the greatest in APW's history, and a real back and forth with few shenanigans. They didn't rely on the cage, instead trying to outwrestle the other, submission holds, high spots, bombs, anything to put the other man down. It all came to a head in the thirty minute mark, as false finish after false finish lead to Yuta Isono hitting a huge right on Jack into the Isono Face Melter for a shock sudden but deserved win. The crowd was wild, and a match like that needs a slowdown reply of every spot, especially that final stretch. Did Yuta pull something out of his trunks at the last second?

Yuta used brass knuckles.

The crowd had turned in a second, and Yuta was ALL FOR IT, if you can't beat em as they say. Sean even made a example of it as he joined the brutal beatdown on Jack, now taking away on stretch from the pool of his own blood, as Isono's master plan had finally come to fruition. He would later reveal that he didn't even have the idea of the knucks or joining with Sean until AFTER Jack's little speech, he thought it would be funny to salt the wound JUST a little more, after all, Jack would surly have done the same at some point, its just how this business works. The PPV ends as the previous TV did, with the 5K minus our American Hero celebrating...with a nice glass of champagne.

The final stretch of my APW time is at hand, and we won't be seeing Jack for sometime, what happens next, even I can't really say. Outside of APW nothing of huge importance has happened. Nicky Champion no longer being the ACE of USPW hasn't slowed their roll as top dog, SWF is somewhat struggling after losing Rocky Golden, as well as being stretched thin with two A-Shows. Europe has a more vibrant wrestling landscape then Canada with the fallout of CWA's demise still floating around. Robert Oxford's passing leaves TCW in a tight spot of Road Agents, and the World Wide Wrestling Boom continues thanks to WrestleWorld being a surprising force for good. In non-kayfabe news I'm started to clash hard with owner James J McMinister, who picked up a smoking, drinking, and drug habit all right after the next, lovely. He's started to test my patience and I think any hope of me staying down under is dead with him constantly doing random stuff backstage (would make for a good dynasty tbh lol). 

See you all at Ozfest, when we finally close this chapter in my longest save ever.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just a random thing I had happen, which I feel demonstrates how the coincidences of the game can form a real narrative.

In my long-term game, I had this guy, Yaichiro Itou. Computer generated character, pretty decent prospect for the promotion I own/run. Thing is, he never really seems get into gear. Okay matches, but that's it. Nothing outstanding, even with my elites who can usually pull good performances out of anyone.

Couple years go by and I've finally got the financial flexibility to drug test my roster. Yaichiro popps for pain killers. He's only on a handshake deal so I can't suspend him or send him to rehab. Fine him, then use the "talk to" section to see if I can talk him into quitting. He tries and fails.  He later fails another test, so he gets fined again, but I can't talk to him about it (only once every two years I think.)

Around this time I notice he's in steep decline, especially his stamina. Makes sense, penalties from the addiction, etc. It gets bad fast. Within months of me taking notice, he can't even work a ten minute match, which is the minimum or my company (personal preference for the style I use.) I decide it's probably time to let him go, but in all honesty I forgot to go and actually release him.

Three days later I get an email: Yaichiro Itou has passed away.  Drug overdose, naturally.  SO in my head-canon, he got wind that I was going to release him or figured it out from his performance that night that he was done, and went on a binge, and overdosed.

Here's the other thing. I decided to hold a tribute show for him, as is my custom whenever one of my workers dies. Now, I actually considered not doing it; after all, he was on the verge of losing his job. But I held the event anyway...and booked both the best match (89) AND best show (85) in my UC's career thirty-four year run, across three companies.

• Like 6

Chris Hero interfered, helping Davey Richards and Roderick Strong take the Partners In Crime tag titles off of Inaugural Champs MCMG. 

Josh Barnett's Bloodsport Gym couldn't stop the newly formed HATE, with HATE new girl Jody Threat pinning Jessamyn Duke in a 8-person mixed tag match.

Next up, MCMG are preparing to take the fight back to them, but they'll need a few friends... maybe a recently-released "Rebel Heart" and his wife could help,,,

I've finished modding my new Cverse database, in what can best be described as a chaotic mark's dream as it has full 8 players!

5SSW picked up the slack while the Japanese scene was recovering, now one of the biggest promotions in the country a'la AJW in the 80s.

CWW was bought out by an OC who between an online broadcast deal and the first ever women's division is looking to take back a chunk of the UK scene.

4L is formed in Mexico and slowly making other Mexican women's divisions redundant, while on the other side of the coin PWC in this game is an all women's hardcore promotion.

Deathmatches are back in Japan with the new LETHAL promotion (taken from the Thunderverse).

TCW has been taken over by Dread, looking to revamp it with modern but heavily wrestling focus, women's division and intentional expansion.

Ok, so I'm starting a new game, with a new concept and I'm hoping for some suggestions here, guys.

So, essentially, I'm going to play with the very excellent 2000 mod by TheCoolestJedi, and my idea is that Vince has bought WCW and plans to run them as separate companies. So what I've done is set Linda as the owner of WCW and I've set the two companies to have a close relationship and my plan is to play as the booker of both companies.

But here's the tricky part... I want to be able to use workers (and possibly belts, not sure I can do this) on both shows.. I'm going to run Raw on Monday and Nitro on Thursday (and get rid of all other A and B shows), but what's the best way to make this a thing? Talent Trade seems like an ok option and is probably my fallback, but in experimenting I've found if I make WWF own WCW I can effectively "call up" (it's not development though) WCW workers to the WWF roster, but I can't find a way to send them back down.

How would you handle this situation? Would you use Talent Trades or WWF owning WCW (you can't have both, unfortunately) or even WCW as a development company of WWF? Or some other approach I haven't thought of here?

11 minutes ago, James The Animator said:

Put the companies in an alliance together and make all the titles you want to share alliance titles. 

Yeah, I thought about doing an alliance, but I'm not sure I like how alliances work in this game for what I want.

I think I've almost got it set-up as I'd like, I just can't for the life of me figure out how to send a WWF worker back down to WCW.

1 minute ago, James The Animator said:

I believe that’s what the “Send Away” button is for.

That's only for Development, I can't get that to work when it's another company I own.

As an example, I can "Take" a worker from WCW on the Child Company Roster screen (note that's different than "Recall" when it's Development), but I can't find a way for WCW to take the worker back.

It seems to be a one-way street unless there's some other screen I should be looking at.

I have started playing what will hopefully be my first long term real world data save with a privately edited copy of RWC Sept 2022.

The company I have set up is called CRUSH Women's Wrestling as I've never run an all women's company before and figured it'd make a change. I'm currently in August 2024 (so nearly a full 2 years done) and currently ranked as the 2nd biggest Women's company (behind Stardom) in the World. I have an alliance (WWOW) which contains ICE Ribbon, Sendai Girls, SHIMMER, SHINE & EVE. I bought out OZ Academy and started using them as my developmental company (moving their "assets" to South West USA). 

My roster just got decimated a few months ago (Ruby Soho, Jamie Hayter, Trinity Fatu, Chelsea Green & Deonna Purazzo all signed exclusive deals with AEW or WWE) so I signed some of the people released (Brianna Brandi, Shayna Baszler & Nattie Neidhart) that I wasn't originally going to but gaps needed to be plugged. 

I've named my PPV events all after 1940's or 1950's movies as I wanted a unique theme to them and currently have a 2 hour and 1 hour TV show. The title belts are CRUSH World, CRUSH World Tag Team and my secondary belt I decided to call the CRUSH California Dream title - don't ask me why - I just liked the sound of it, being unique to most other titles.

Edited by Fleisch

14 hours ago, Fleisch said:

The title belts are CRUSH World, CRUSH World Tag Team and my secondary belt I decided to call the CRUSH California Dream title - don't ask me why - I just liked the sound of it, being unique to most other titles.

My thought there is that it harkens back to the song "California Dreamin'" by the Mamas and the Papas from 1965 (later famously covered by the Beach Boys in 1986).  😉

• Like 1

After many attempts, I think I finally got a BCG save rolling in TEW2020, using the Royal Puroresu product coz I don't wanna book a 15-minute grappling exhibition every show.

Basically, I shuffled the shows around to get the schedule to my liking. The Maeda GP now earns you a title shot at The Lion's Roar (which I keep in October, but that might change too),

In the first month, I immediately created the BCG National Openweight Title. This will be my IWGP IC/GHC National equivalent. Razan Okamoto won the tournament to become the first champion.

I signed Frankie Perez (like I usually do) with the thought of slowly creating a junior/light heavyweight division. Almost immediately, he picked up a major concussion is now out for a year. Just my luck. For now the division will consist of Acid and White Samurai, and a bunch of guys who really need to get over. I also have an idea of Razan (already junior-sized technically) to compete in the division for a while, before moving up back to heavyweight (complete with the size increase) and cement himself as BCG's ace. Not sure if that's the best idea, though.

Funakoshi is still the World *Heavyweight* Champion and has a stable named Sumeragi. It's a group of guys who take wrestling very seriously and decries the state of the sport today.

I am currently in May, preparing for Sole Survivor. For now I'm keeping the 4-way concept, but I also want to spice things up for the years to come by changing it to 6-way, etc. Oh yeah and I renamed the tag teams because every team being "Guy 1 and Guy 2" just seems boring to me.

Edited by Kiheiji
  • Like 1