What's Going on in Your Game?

TNA Destination X 2007:

Team Canada collides as Storm fights Williams for the X-Division title!

Main Event/3-Way Match: “The Leading Man” “The Viper” Randy Orton (C) vs. “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship- It all started when Angle won a 3-Way against Sting & Cage on Impact to become #1 Contender to the NWA title, the next week on Impact!, Orton makes his first defense of the NWA title against Angle, but ends up getting DQ’d after Christian Cage is attacks Angle! The next week, Orton calls out Cage seeming to be upset over what Cage did, but instead hugs & thanks him! Orton will do anything to keep the NWA title, and even gave Cage an NWA title shot as a present! But Rhodes & Piper intervene, and announced Angle and a partner vs. Orton & Cage the same night, if Angle won, he gets added to the title match. And with the help of STING, Angle won, and now we’re here.

Semi-Final:Lance Storm (C) vs. Petey Williams for the TNA X-Division Canadian Light-Heavyweight Championship-Team Canada Civil War? After winning the X-Elevation, Storm picked his longtime friend and partner Petey Williams as his opponent for Destination X! While the narrative Storm pushes is him giving his friend a chance for the belt Williams has not yet been able to win, others and even Scott Steiner say Williams is just being used as a filler defense, and Storm is picked the match because he believed it was an easy win. Will Storm prove them right? Or will Williams prove them wrong and win the X-Division title?

5-Way Ultimate X Match [TNA X-Division Title #1 Contender’s Match]: “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs. CM Punk vs. Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley vs. Low-Ki- It’s that time of year again for the Ultimate X! 5-combatants will fight to see if they can hook the X off the cables and become #1 Contender for the X-Division title! These 5 men have a lot of history with each other, as well as the Ultimate X! So who will win, who will sketch their names in the history of the Ultimate X?

4-Way Tag:Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal vs. Team Canada (Robert Roode & “Showtime” Eric Young) vs. Kenny Omega & “The Monster” Abyss-An exciting four-way between 4 great teams, three things to note however, 1. Many people see this as the final test for Omega & associates to join Team Canada 2. Team Canada going up against Omega & Abyss in the first place and 3.On an episode of Impact, Cage talked about “cutting fat” and making some changes, who could Cage be talking about?

6-Man Tag: RKO Productions (Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark) & Jeff Jarrett vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown, “The King of Old School” Steve Corino, and C.W. Anderson-While RKO Productions’ Leading Man is defending his title in the main event, The Briscoes and Jarrett take on longtime guys Corino & Anderson, and Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion Alpha Male Monty Brown! This is sure to be a good one! 

-Now, you may be wondering, where is Joe vs. Kobashi? Well, Joe vs. Kobashi DID happen, but it was on Impact. And despite Joe winning, he didn’t like it. It was supposed to be the perfect match, but ended up being a 85 rated match on a TV show, not the grandiose classic Joe wanted. And now Joe has snapped, and warned that everyone is a target on his sight.

Tag Team Double Title Match: Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon (C) [NWA World Tag Team] vs. Latin American Xchange (“The Notorious 187” Homicide & “Super Mex” Hernandez) (C) [L.A.X. 5150 Latin American] for the NWA World Tag Team & L.A.X. 5150 Latin American Tag Championships-Ever since Team 3D’s debut in January, L.A.X. has made statements that imply they feel threatened by Team 3D, that there spot as TNA’s “#1 tag team” is been taking from them. And at Against All Odds this insecurity manifested into physical violence as L.A.X. jump Team 3D after 3D won the NWA Tag Titles. But you know how the old saying goes, you mess with the bull, you get the horns. Post-AAO Impact saw Team 3D attempt to return the favor after L.A.X.’s defense of the 5150 tag titles, and now L.A.X. seems be running head first into the very thing they didn’t want to happen, both teams with both their titles on the line, and surely this will decide who’s the best tag team in TNA. 

Japan Jr. Special 6-Man Tag: Kaz Hayashi, Jushin Thunder Liger, and Ultimo Dragon vs. KENTA, Naomichi Marufuji, and ‘The Golden Star” Kota Ibushi- A fun fast battle pitting three jr veterans in Hayashi, Liger, and Dragon versus new signees to the company in KENTA, Marufuji and Ibushi! 

*Any matches not mentioned will be shown on the card.

Talking Points: 

-Team 3D have won the 5150 Latin American Tag Titles, making them the first non-Latino team to do so! Also, they won with the help of BG JAMES!

-After the 6-Man, Samoa Joe came out and took out Corino, Anderson, and Brown! He’s become unhinged!

-KENNY OMEGA BETRAYED ABYSS! He & Ibushi have now joined Team Canada!

-CM Punk has WON Ultimate X and is now the #1 Contender to the X-Division championship!

-Lance Storm CHEATED in order to beat Petey Williams!

-RKO Productions previewed Randy Orton’s latest movie: The Good, The Bad, and The Randy!

Next Time, it's Lockdown 2007!

Screenshot 2023-06-12 113449.png

Screenshot 2023-06-12 113507.png

NJPW 1992-2009. 

I didn't really post much throughout my saves 2008, was busy with travels among other things in life, but I'll happily recap as I kick off NJPW into the brand new year. I'll recap and go over the card best I can!

The Main Event:

First, the 2x Wrestler of the Year, and Ace of NJPW: Hiroshi Tanahashi amidst a legendary title reign as he takes on G1 Climax Winner Shinsuke Nakamura, who is in full swing to forming Chaos and becoming "The King of Strong Style" at Wrestle Kingdom 16. This rivalry has been friendly thus far, but both men have never faced off in a singles match before. Despite their constant praising of one another, this is match will be imperative for both men. If Tanahashi wins this match, he will have broken the record for most title defenses in a single reign, and will have defended his title since winning it all the way back at Destruction in 2007 10 times.

The IC Title:

Minoru Suzuki has held down the IC division. after he defeated Shawn Michaels in a shock at Dontaku 2008. Shawn Michaels had bested Shinsuke Nakamura, who was on a legendary reign himself defending the title a record 8 times, Shawn would have no such luck and since then Suzuki has defended the title against Daisuke Sekimoto, long-time rival Kensuke Sasaki, and KENTA, however losing the chance to go Tag League finals to the team of Samoa Joe & KENTA had left a bad taste in his mouth as he personally demanded he face Samoa Joe at Wrestle Kingdom.

The US Title:

I'll admit, I went a little crazy for this one. I blame WWE for never letting Hogan look bad (he won the Royal Rumble 10 times total so far!) as I re-signed a floundering Steve Austin and The Rock to allow them to finish their careers here, and have the rivalry they needed. Stone Cold defeated Minoru Tanaka all the way back at Dontaku, who actually shockingly defeated Triple H just 2 months earlier. Triple H was actually heading to WWE so... Tanaka right place right timed himself tbh. Regardless the two legends in The Rock and Stone Cold had a vicious 30 minute time limit draw at Power Struggle, and now Stone Cold is obsessed to defeat his biggest antagonist. A massive co-main event at WK, with the stakes just as high if not higher, as Stone Cold is 44, this could be his very last shot at keeping his glory.

Tag Team Turmoil:

Since returning from excursion at the start of 2008, Hirooki Goto has had no shortage of success. He would win the New Japan Cup on his  very first shot, though he did fail to dethrone Tanahashi. He would join Chono's faction after his upsetting defeat and align closely with Katsuyori Shibata, where both men would go on to form Meiyu Tag. Goto's success would continue as the two would win the Tag League on their very first shot. The two men do not have an easy task though, as they both face down the last stalwarts of an old age, in Kensuke Sasaki and Shinya Hashimoto. With age slowing both down (actually just Hashimoto, Sasaki isn't in decline) the chance of an upset is very possible. It all harkens back to Hashimoto's bold proclamation just two years ago declaring that he will always remain at the top, and the old guard isn't so easily defeated. Time can be cruel.

The Junior Heavyweights Don't Age:

Ultimo Dragon is the current champion, and his opponent is one of his biggest rivals throughout the 90s, Hayabusa. Actually, Liger, Hayabusa, and Ultimo Dragon have been all on the same team and at odds many times throughout their career. Never have the three faced off in a triple threat though. Until... Wrestle Kingdom 16. All three men, legendary careers, one match. Will Liger achieve his 11th title? Will Ultimo Dragon, the most decorated champion ever, continue to prove his dominance? Or is Hayabusa, the ultimate underdog, going to light up the skies and shine brightest?

Junior Tag Gets a New Ammo:

The Bullet Club hasn't formed quite yet, but Prince Devitt and Jayson Paul (JTG) are poised to make a massive impact at Wrestle Kingdom as they take on MAZADA and Hooligan, a seasoned team known as OverCraze. The 3x JHW Tag Team champions both suffered losses way back at BOSJ to the new team during the tournament, and both want revenge, meanwhile Devitt and JTG have been hungry and both new additions to a very volatile NJPW roster, means there is a statement to be made.

The NEVER Openweight/Trios Titles:

Blue Justice Army (Yuji Nagata, Yoshi Tatsu, and Manabu Nakanishi) firmly control the Trios titles, but their opponents are their most dastardly rivals, whom they have been feuding with extensively the past two years, Masahiro Chono's SkirMish faction consisting of Suwama, Kenzo Suzuki, and Randy Orton all have seen each other in the ring several times. One last time, perhaps? Meanwhile, Jun Akiyama continues to hold the NEVER Openweight title, and had issued an open challenge to ANYONE. Who would have thought that Eddie Guerrero, would answer that call, and now Eddie vs Akiyama is set for WK 16. 

Goodbye Old Friends, Hello New Stories:

With age lingering and the roster in a dramatic shift replacing workers has been hectic, especially finding a 1:1 replacement. Some... have been upgrades! I've talked about this almost every post, as to me, it is the most exciting part of the game when the game reaches a certain length. So whose stepping up? Minoru Tanaka and Marufuji have become main event guys, thankfully. I like them both and seeing them both reach high 80s is nice. I do have John Cena, who has also gained 88 popularity so far, but he is not quite ready. So for all intents and purposes, he isn't "main event" yet. Kevin Thorne is at 81 popularity and has room to grow, as well. Umaga has debuted and is firmly at 85. I've essentially succeeded in replacing most of my roster, but there are some guys harder to replace than others, Koji Kanemoto has hit decline, which is sad. Masakatsu Funaki as well. Yuji Nagata, Kenta Kobashi, and Mick Foley have hit time decline, as well as Shawn Michaels. The issue lies now in my tag division (always... it seems) for both Heavyweights and Junior Heavyweights, as I did lose Super Crazy to WWE, and Chavo Guerrero, two guys in my JHW tag division (Crazy was actually slated to win the JHW singles title too in 2009.) Nobody has stepped up to the main event scene of my Junior Heavyweight division, outside of Prince Devitt. We'll see. I'm in full "JHW repair mode" and will be attempting to patch the holes in my HW tag division, as I already have with Meiyu Tag.

The Wrestle Kingdom 16 Card:

IWGP Heavyweight: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c)

IWGP United States: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (c)

IWGP Intercontinental Title: Samoa Joe vs. Minoru Suzuki (c)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Hayabusa vs. Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Ultimo Dragon (c)

IWGP World Tag Team: Meiyu Tag vs. Shinya Hashimoto & Kensuke Sasaki (c)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag: Hit Marker (Devitt/JTG) vs. OverCraze (c)

NEVER Openweight Trios: SkirMish (Orton/Suwama/Kenzo Suzuki) vs. Blue Justice Army (c) (Nagata/Nakanishi/Yoshi-Tatsu)

NEVER Openweight: Eddie Guerrero vs. Jun Akiyama (c)

New Japan Rambo

Special Singles Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Brock Lesnar

Special Singles Match: Kenta Kobashi vs. Naomichi Marufuji

Retirement Match: Masakatsu Funaki (retiring) vs. Osamu Nishmura

Retirement Match: Mick Foley (retiring) vs. John Cena

Thank you for reading, I am happy to post these updates! This save is still so funnnn for me.

• Like 2

I'm continuing to grow the SWF in my fun save (creating a network leads to a fortune, I'm not claiming I'm a great player). So I signed away some folk and created some different characters. 

Nick Champion - I almost decided against it just because I want the USPW to be somewhat viable and I already have Rocky Golden which is kinda the same thing. But he's really good and over so I couldn't resist. However I made him a villain, declared him the "Modern Day Demigod" and he leads a stable called Mythos. I'm not doing "he's actually a Greek God" gimmick. It's more of the way he expresses his perceived greatness and how he views his legacy. The other members are the Gods of War (rebranded Titanic and Titan is named Kronos because I couldn't have one named after a titan and the other one be named Titan) and Hell Bouncer (renamed Mick Mars). 

Tana - I wanted big guy heels. Tana is a fun face so having him be an intimidator isn't going to work. So I made him this heel foppish overbearing royalty figure called "Tana the Great". He has his own personal opera duo (Belle Bryden as Belle and Rock God Alvarez as Don Juan Triumphant) and comes to the ring on a throne, making his royal declarations of doom upon his opponents. It's a fun character that should fit Tana well even if he is a heel. 

Don Juan Triumphant - Using the mask as inspiration I made Rock God Alvarez an opera singer. He is named after the opera they are performing in "Phantom of the Opera". I'm also aware of the DJT initials (Donald J Trump, oops).

Gabriel Lumis - Signed Rick Law but I can never figure out what to do with him. This time I introduced him in a series of Vignettes that detail the fall from grace of good cop Richard Lawson, the betrayal by his police chief and being left for dead. Lawson decides he must use more direct means to enact justice - Gabryel Lumis is born (Angel of Light deal). 

Joss Storms - Joss Thompson gets chubby in my game so I signed him as a Kevin Steen sort of character. 

Bison Bane - Bulldozer Brandon Smith doing his thing under a new name. 

The Lost - Named after the song The Lost Souls by Asking Alexandria. Matt Hocking and Roderick Remus are those trendy goth characters. They were managed by John Greed who is now transforming into something less "horror show evil" and more "worst aspects of megachurch pastor" evil. Now they've been unwillingly befriended by Killer Shark and Krissy Angelle (my version of Kross and Scarlett). 

Wolf Hawkins - (I said it was a "fun" save). I helped TCW into bankruptcy, bought it and made it into a dev territory. Which by the way other than the quirks the game has for how much you can and can't control a child company I really like it. It's a nice storage bin for my unused wrestlers but I have to make sure they can put on top shows too. They compete with the SWF. Wolf comes over as "the Lone Wolf". Growing up he always aspired to be part of the SWF but got his start with TCW and built it into a great company before the SWF ruined it all. Not wanting to be with the "other company" he sets out to get to the top of the SWF and does so. That same lone wolf attitude that got him there has gotten him targeted by heels when he refuses to play by their rules too. I'll share the story at some point. 

Edit: one more: I took Ekuma and HFH and made them anime based duo Attack Go!!! HFH is now Kato Ketoa. 

So yeah I'm loving this save. Maybe I'll play the game like an adult one of these days but I'm having fun so I'm happy. Hopefully these were worth a laugh. 

Edited by ExRufas2000
added Attack Go
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 6:01 AM, ExRufas2000 said:

I'm continuing to grow the SWF in my fun save (creating a network leads to a fortune, I'm not claiming I'm a great player). So I signed away some folk and created some different characters. 

Nick Champion - I almost decided against it just because I want the USPW to be somewhat viable and I already have Rocky Golden which is kinda the same thing. But he's really good and over so I couldn't resist. However I made him a villain, declared him the "Modern Day Demigod" and he leads a stable called Mythos. I'm not doing "he's actually a Greek God" gimmick. It's more of the way he expresses his perceived greatness and how he views his legacy. The other members are the Gods of War (rebranded Titanic and Titan is named Kronos because I couldn't have one named after a titan and the other one be named Titan) and Hell Bouncer (renamed Mick Mars). 

Nick Champion coming to SWF as a heel makes sense. 

World Class Championship Wrestling - January 1997 to December 2001

Throughout my time in this save, I noticed a bit of a bad habit in my booking whenever it came to December. Maybe it's because I'm so close to my season finale that I want to already be there, but I always seem to close out the year with the most basic of stories and actions. They're never really bad or good, just there to give my guys something to do before the big show. This time around however, I wanted to try and keep that habit in check by being a lot more proactive in giving everyone something to do. Unfortunately, this made me realize that my women's division, while fun to book & experiment with, is actually limiting what I can do with my main roster and honestly not helping the division itself either. I'm not wanting to just scrap the whole division just yet, but clearly I need to figure out what to do with them after the Parade & their main storylines end.

A lot of my creative focus throughout the month was on the Shockwave brand leading up to the final PPV of the year, SuperFight. The main event was set to be a big six-man free-for-all over the World title, so I had to make sure that my lowercard was up to carrying their own weight in their respective bouts since some of the brand's best would be preoccupied. Thankfully I've got some pretty solid talents throughout the roster that did their part, as well as a hot storyline over the Intercontinental title that I had a lot of fun playing out. Over on the Ignition brand, I kept myself grounded by booking the WK 3 edition of the show as a Night of Champions special. The set date helped a lot in providing some further structure in my storylines, resulting in some positive changes to my plans for the Parade as I was able to notice some interesting grades being put out between competitors throughout my midcard.

The SuperFight Challenge

Despite the differences in start times & causes amongst the intersecting feuds of the SuperFight Challenge, the road to the show itself began on the last Shockwave of October, where Damian "The Natural" Carvill decided to stake a claim as the next challenger to Freddie Datsun's World title by disrupting the main event tag team bout featuring Edgar Frey & Mordekaiser vs Jack Griffith & Shawn Gonzalez with a steel chair shot to the skulls of all four men. Amused by the audacity & pleased with the attention his actions brought, Shockwave GM Carl Batch decided to grant Damian his title shot the following week. Unfortunately for Damian, payback was delivered in the form of all four men storming to the ring during the bout, leading to a schmozz finish when Gonzalez refused to wait any longer & charged into the ring. With the other three wanting their own piece of Carvill for his assault, they followed Shawn into the ring & proceeded to get in each other's way of revenge, causing the episode to end with a chaotic brawl between the four revenge seekers.

Batch responded to the chaos by pitting all six men against each other in various combinations of singles, tag teams & six-man bouts, keeping things somewhat stable by promising considerations for the next World title challenger based on performance. It wasn't until two more weeks of fighting in & out of the ring that Batch made his decision to close out the year of 2001 with something big...something he called, the SuperFight Challenge! Six men in the ring at the same time all competing under sudden death rules, meaning that whoever got the first pinfall was closing the year as the World Heavyweight Champion! Despite having the odds against him in a match with no allies, Datsun persevered once more in a display of hard-fought survival that's become a trademark of his title reign.

End of the Line

After reaching a draw in a match that was supposed to determine Datsun's challenger for the Parade of Champions, Louis Figo Manico & Eric Tyler found themselves at the mercy of Ignition GM Ryan Aitchson. Not wanting to risk the chance of further controversy just before the biggest show in World Class history, Aitchson decided that both Tyler & Manico would take on Datsun for the World title at the Night of Champions special in a Triple Threat match! In addition, whoever is the man pinned or submitted will be barred from challenging for any titles at the Parade as penalty! The next few weeks leading up to the NoC would see both Louis & Freddie comment on the match ahead, but Tyler did what he does best and poked at insecurities actively plaguing both men in regards to Datsun's health & Manico's killer instinct respectively. When the time for talking was up however, the dust settled to revealed Datsun having survived yet another fantastic fight...and Eric Tyler out of the running for any sort of gold at the biggest show of the year. With his path now clear, Datsun goes into 2002 facing his biggest challenge yet in a man who is just as much a hero to World Class as he is and has achieved just as much in accolades, "El Magnifico" Louis Figo Manico.

• Like 1

My 1920 game just got super interesting.

Jirving Billington has been the owner of Chicago Championship Wrestling/Great Lakes Championship Wrestling since 1920.  He finally hung up his boots in 1966.  I was originally playing as him but when I made the save into a database to speed things up, I made his son (Joseph Billington) the booker and set him up (or Joseph's son Maxwell) as the future owners of GLCW but I forgot all about their age when I did it.

Welp, that didn't happen (probably because the age thing).  Jirving retired, the board of directions didn't want Joseph as owner and hired Mike Lebell.  

The company is tanking.  We went from spending millions under Jirving's SPEND SPEND SPEND reputation to Lebell's save money at every corner reputation.  

My plan is to tank GLCW over the next four years to see how the world goes. 

• Like 2

TNA Lockdown 2007:

Two big steel cage matches, Orton vs. Styles, a big announcement, Storm vs. Sting, and the X-Division title is up for grabs!

Main Event/Steel Cage Match: Kurt Angle vs. “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage- Ever since Unbreakable last year, and even Angle’s interactions with Team Canada members Storm and Williams, Cage and Angle has embodied in this war. Now at Lockdown, it all comes down in the SIX SIDES OF STEEL! On Impact! Angle had a freak out and start hitting members of Team Canada with chairs! Weeks after, people were expecting TNA to push Angle for his misdeeds, but instead Angle was allowed to settle his differences with Cage in this dangerous envoirnment, and now Cage has no where to run.

Semi-Final:”The Viper” “The Leading Man” Randy Orton (C) vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship- After teaming with Daniels to take on RK-Jarrett and Daniels getting another shot at the NWA title at the losing effort, AJ Styles steps up to take on the Leading Man!

Double Title Steel Cage Match: Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) (C) vs. Latin American Xchange (“The Notorious 187” Homicide & “Super Mex” Hernandez) for the NWA World Tag Team & L.A.X. 5150 Latin American Tag Team Championships- L.A.X. Attempt to regain their titles against Team 3D in the Six Sides of Steel! 

Singles Match: CM Punk vs. Petey Williams for the vacant X-Division title- Originally, this was supposed to be Lance Storm vs. CM Punk, but sadly, that isn’t the case. During an X-Division title match with Chris Sabin, Lance Storm gained a concussion, and will sadly be out for more than a year. Sabin vacated the X-Division title due refusing to hold a title that won from the champ being injured, and now even if there are rocky terms, Williams steps up to the place to challenge the #1 Contender CM Punk to see who will be the new X-Division champion!

6-Man Tag: Scott Steiner, “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels, and “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown vs. RKO Productions (The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) and Jeff Jarrett)- A 6-Man tag putting Scott Steiner and former NWA Champions Daniels & Brown vs. RKO Productions Jarrett and the Briscoes!

3-on-1 Handicap: Jay Lethal, KENTA, and Marufuji vs. “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe- At Destination X, we saw a unhinged Samoa Joe attack three people, due to his displeasure with what was supposed to be his dream match. Ever since then, Joe has been attacking and beating down members of the X-Division:Jerry Lynn, Elix Skipper, Jay Lethal, KENTA & Marufuji. Now the latter 3 team up to take on Joe 3 on 1. Will the Samoan Submission Machine Bulldozer through the competiton? 

8-Man Tag: Team Canada (“The Golden Star” Kota Ibushi, “Showtime” Eric Young, Robert Roode, and Kenny Omega) vs. The Amazing Red, Ultimo Dragon, and the Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley)- An 8-Man tag putting Team Canada up against the legendary Ultimo Dragon, Motor City Machine Guns, and The Amazing Red!

Special Singles Match: “The Icon” Sting vs. “The Cowboy” James Storm- James Storm has been on winning ways recently, and now has challenged The Icon to a 1 on 1 match! Can Storm make the big step in his career!

Talking Points:

-TNA is leaving the NWA! 

-And at No Surrender, a match will be decided for the last NWA Champion and the 1ST TNA WORLD CHAMPION!

-PETEY WILLIAMS TURNED ON CHRISTIAN CAGE!

-CM PUNK HAS WON THE X-DIVISION TITLE!

-ABYSS IS BACK IN TNA!

-CHRIS HARRIS IS BACK IN TNA!

Next time, it's No Surrender, the final PPV of the NWA era!

Screenshot 2023-06-30 220450.png

Screenshot 2023-06-30 220501.png

Screenshot 2023-07-01 090815.png

Edited by SuperRamenmakerOkada
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 10:35 AM, Zero said:

My 1920 game just got super interesting.

Jirving Billington has been the owner of Chicago Championship Wrestling/Great Lakes Championship Wrestling since 1920.  He finally hung up his boots in 1966.  I was originally playing as him but when I made the save into a database to speed things up, I made his son (Joseph Billington) the booker and set him up (or Joseph's son Maxwell) as the future owners of GLCW but I forgot all about their age when I did it.

Welp, that didn't happen (probably because the age thing).  Jirving retired, the board of directions didn't want Joseph as owner and hired Mike Lebell.  

The company is tanking.  We went from spending millions under Jirving's SPEND SPEND SPEND reputation to Lebell's save money at every corner reputation.  

My plan is to tank GLCW over the next four years to see how the world goes. 

Just curious but which mod are you using?

Which promotion should I start my first game with?  You have approximately...okay I have to pee so like...suggestions!

Twelve minutes later: Probs SWF go go Gilmore.  Was wanting to do a triple [-child] company alliance to have mega dojos for brawling/tech/flying stuff, but that seems like it would take effort.

Edit 2: The bio for Jack Avatar says White American Male[s American Males American Males] and, I thought, "The All American White Boy".  I...am tired.

Edited by Eidenhoek

On 1/15/2023 at 12:22 PM, Shady Tree said:

Heading into the 1990's...

WWF Survivor Series 1989 - Rosemont Horizon, Chicago IL - Att: 18,211 / BR: 9.12

The Hulkamaniacs v. The King's Court
Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes & The Hart Foundation def. The Macho King, Big Boss Man & Demolition - 85
Sole Survivor: Hulk Hogan
The Warriors v. The Four Horsemen
Ric Flair, Sid Justice & The Brainbusters def. The Ultimate Warrior, Kerry Von Erich & The British Bulldogs - 93
Sole Survivor: Ric Flair
Roddy's Rowdies v. The Rude Brood
Rick Rude, Mr Perfect & The Fabulous Rougeaus def. Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat & The Rockers - 91
Survivors: Rick Rude & Mr Perfect
The Vipers v. The Million $ Team
Ted Dibiase, The Undertaker (debut) & The Powers Of Pain def. Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan & The Legion Of Doom - 86
Survivors: Ted Dibiase & The Undertaker
Sting's Squadron v. Muta's Maulers
Sting, Lex Luger & The Steiner Brothers def. The Great Muta, Andre The Giant & The Midnight Express - 77*
Survivors: Sting, Lex Luger & The Steiner Brothers

Show Rating - 91

*Think the rating was lower than anticipated because Andre can't do anything over 5 minutes at this point so had to tag him with 'Limited Involvement' to get him through the match.

So this went well....

WWF WrestleMania VIII - Hoosier Dome, Indianapolis ID - Att: 63,000 / BR: 3.29

WWF Championship: Bret Hart(c) de. Ric Flair - 99
Hulk Hogan def. Big Van Vader - 100
Randy Savage def. Curt Hennig - 100
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Shawn Michaels(c) def. Sting - 94
The Undertaker def. Rick Rude - 82
WWF Tag Team Championship: The Midnight Express(c) def. The Steiner Brothers - 90
WWF United States Championship: Lex Luger def. Ted Dibiase(c) - 100
Rowdy Roddy Piper def. Jake Roberts - 70*
WWF Television Championship: Steve Austin(c) def. Ricky Steamboat - 96
WrestleMania VIII Invitational Battle Royal Winner: The Great Muta

Show Rating - 100

*I thought Piper could go 10mins but suddenly on the day of the show the Road Agent informed me he can only go 6mins, hence the low rating. A shame because it was a strong feud.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KibblesNVick said:

Just curious but which mod are you using?

The original database is: 1920 Eggengic Universe or whatever it is called. Author - Not sure at the moment 

But I also uploaded all the wrestlers and promotions from: Territory Daze by Mammoth (first version released)

It has been a blast to play.  Just took my 1920-1965 game and turned it into a database to speed things up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 2:44 PM, Shady Tree said:

So this went well....

WWF WrestleMania VIII - Hoosier Dome, Indianapolis ID - Att: 63,000 / BR: 3.29

WWF Championship: Bret Hart(c) de. Ric Flair - 99
Hulk Hogan def. Big Van Vader - 100
Randy Savage def. Curt Hennig - 100
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Shawn Michaels(c) def. Sting - 94
The Undertaker def. Rick Rude - 82
WWF Tag Team Championship: The Midnight Express(c) def. The Steiner Brothers - 90
WWF United States Championship: Lex Luger def. Ted Dibiase(c) - 100
Rowdy Roddy Piper def. Jake Roberts - 70*
WWF Television Championship: Steve Austin(c) def. Ricky Steamboat - 96
WrestleMania VIII Invitational Battle Royal Winner: The Great Muta

Show Rating - 100

*I thought Piper could go 10mins but suddenly on the day of the show the Road Agent informed me he can only go 6mins, hence the low rating. A shame because it was a strong feud.

WWF WrestleMania IX - Caesars Palace, Las Vegas NV - Att: 16,891 / BR: 5.70

WWF Championship: Bret Hart def. Ted Dibiase(c) - 98
Rick Rude def. Randy Savage - 87
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Shawn Michaels(c) def. Ricky Steamboat - 99
Loser Leaves The WWF: Curt Hennig def. Ric Flair - 99
WWF United States Championship - Strap Match: Big Van Vader def. Sting(c) - 91
WWF Tag Team Championship - 2/3 Falls: The Hollywood Blonds(c) def. The Steiner Brothers -  84
The Undertaker def. The Great Muta - 83
WWF Television Championship: Arn Anderson def. Tatanka(c) - 82
The Midnight Express def. The Quebecers - 85
WrestleMania IX Invitational Battle Royal Winner: Diesel - 80

Show Rating - 100

Edited by Shady Tree

1992-2009 NJPW Post G1 Climax.

G1 Results: Naomichi Marufuji has done the unthinkable when he defeated Satoshi Kojima in the finals of the 19th G1 Climax Special. Marufuji is one of 11 men to achieve this feat. Kojima, although not the winner, has gained considerable popularity, especially considering the A Block had both Tanahashi and Nakamura in it, with Kojima beating both men. Before the finals as well, Kojima had a 30 minute time limit finish against Kensuke Sasaki, preventing Sasaki advancing. Marufuji now takes on the man Kojima had to beat to get to the finals, Shinsuke Nakamura, at Wrestle Kingdom. Unless, of course, Nakamura does not walk into WK as champion.

IWGP Heavyweight: Shinsuke Nakamura defeated friend and rival Hiroshi Tanahashi at Dontaku, after Tanahashi had managed a record shattering title in both length and defenses (13, previous record 9) now with Tanahashi slowly but inevitably working his way to the front of the line, Nakamura has a slew of hungry younger guys, and of course, the old stalwarts who refuse to go down quietly. Marufuji is the final stop of the yearly campaign, but before that he has losses to avenge from the G1, Hirooki Goto, Satoshi Kojima, and Jun Akiyama, were his 3 losses, and of course Nakamura doesn't believe a 30 minute draw with Tanahashi is enough to give his newly dubbed "arch-rival" a title shot.

IWGP Intercontinental: The story is as old as time, Osamu Nishmura, the current Intercontinental title holder, has been constantly compared to his mentor, the legendary Tatsumi Fujinami. A shadow that almost seems to swallow Nishmura whole at times, as he settles in a role of mediocrity, and even then mediocre to Fujinami is perhaps a world champion anywhere else. Thankfully, as Nishmura reaches a mature age, he has stopped letting the comparisons and the legacy weigh on his shoulders, and he has seen an influx of success and perhaps motivation. Obtaining ten points in the G1 and vowing to represent the IC title with honor, he has done just that. His next stop at Destruction however, is a man who beat him in the G1, and a man who is no stranger to Fujinami, Shinya Hashimoto. With Hashimoto aging, to see Nishmura still lose to him is perhaps a massive ego death to the champion, or it might just be another spark to drive him forward and perhaps put him in the World Heavyweight title contention for the first time in almost a decade.

IWGP US Title: The US title scene has perhaps been the most explosive since its inception, the sheer amount of talent that have returned from overseas to challenge for this title have seen the prestige of the US title soar to heights unimagined. With Triple H's departure to the WWF, and Stone Cold's return, the US title has seen the Rattlesnake and The Rock duel for the belt for over a year, with John Cena sweeping in and stealing the title, the three are set for a date at Destruction in a rare NJPW 3 way match, but lately vignettes of a true American hero have been playing after Cena's matches, and many already know who is set to return.

I just wanted to over my main heavyweight titles here, because otherwise I'd be writing a wall of text and those are so hard/boring to read. I will say, Shinya Hashimoto is still declining decently, but Kobashi completely fell apart. Kensuke Sasaki is the last of the era now. Suzuki/Tenzan/Kojima/Makabe are all doing fine and not declining. Nagata and Nakanishi are now declining as well though. Thankfully many new stars have stepped up and perhaps kept the save even more interesting than I thought it could be. Though I do get tempted to do a C-Verse97 save with how great the renders are.

• Like 5

Started a save in the Effganic: Genesis 1920 start date, with the goal of creating the first ever women's wrestling empire, Ladies' Wrestling Promotions, and see how far I can last. I had to wait till about December 1927 before i had a shot of getting any talent, so I opened then and did one year so far. I'm not familiar with wrestling that old IRL, so I function the product on "The Carnival Days" mostly focusing on match quality with a little bit of the old showman ship, I made my UC (Technically the first ever women's wrestler) the inaugural World Champ (I will RP getting to name my title World title, who's gonna stop me?) and the matches have been serviceable enough considering we're all green, but I've got acouple In Canon characters to work with. I run major events on holidays, and then have a couple events around the year touring in major cities, making it to 7, might raise it with some lower tier events. Lastly money wise, we're doing pretty good, and as the save rolls into 1929, surely nothing could go wrong with the great economy we're in right? Nothing is going to stop the roaring twenties!

Edited by MaiTyLer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaiTyLer said:

Started a save in the Effganic: Genesis 1920 start date, with the goal of creating the first ever women's wrestling empire, Ladies' Wrestling Promotions, and see how far I can last. I had to wait till about December 1927 before i had a shot of getting any talent, so I opened then and did one year so far. I'm not familiar with wrestling that old IRL, so I function the product on "The Carnival Days" mostly focusing on match quality with a little bit of the old showman ship, I made my UC (Technically the first ever women's wrestler) the inaugural World Champ (I will RP getting to name my title World title, who's gonna stop me?) and the matches have been serviceable enough considering we're all green, but I've got acouple In Canon characters to work with. I run major events on holidays, and then have a couple events around the year touring in major cities, making it to 7, might raise it with some lower tier events. Lastly money wise, we're doing pretty good, and as the save rolls into 1929, surely nothing could go wrong with the great economy we're in right? Nothing is going to stop the roaring twenties!

Love this idea.  Do you plan on importing any workers or following whatever the save creates? 

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Love this idea.  Do you plan on importing any workers or following whatever the save creates? 

I kinda want to follow what the save creates, but I'm currently doing a watcher save to test how that would look, I'm also not against important, just don't know what mod to use as a base, I'll have to research it.

After taking a small break from any TEW gameplay, I have continued my CornellVerse save. I am playing as The Grand Avatar and I am in control of 21st Century Wrestling. I am currently in September of 2020. Here is how it's going

21CW World Championship

From the moment I begun the save, the champion has been Edward Cornell. He has currently held it for five days short of a full year. Unsure of who to uncrown him but I am considering having his brother, Tommy, win it at World War 14, which is fast approaching

21CW United Kingdom Championship

The current UK Champion is Austin Smooth, who defeated Adam Matravers to win the title at Partners In Crime 2020 like an hour after Smooth won a #1 contenders match. He decided to challenge Matravers immediately following his successful title defense against Evan Alpass. Smooth has held it for 103 days, with my current plan being for him to drop it at World War 14 against his on-again-off-again tag team partner Dylan Drama. They are collectively known as Smooth Drama because I am not creative

21CW Tag Team Championships

My current Tag Champions are the team of Luis Montero Jr and Damian Dastardly, the winners of the 2020 Cornell Cup tournament. After fighting then-champions Prime Time Jack Pryde and Mark Misery, collectively known as Pryde & Misery, to a no-contest at Partners In Crime, Montero and Dastardly defeated Pryde & Misery in a Ladder match in the main event of War Drums to finally win the tag titles

21CW Women's Championship

When I began the save, I noticed that 21CW lacked a women's division so I signed a bunch of them and made one myself. The first champion was crowned at Head to Head where Kate Lilly won a battle royal to become the inaugural champion. She is still the champion and will be defending the title at Dangerous Alliances against Brooke Tyler, with the winner going on to defend the title against Lauren Easter, who I poached from CWA, at the Halloween Horror Show.

I am headed towards Dangerous Alliances. I created a trios tournament and named it after the event. This is the full card for that show

Singles match for the 21CW Women's Championship
Kate Lilly (c) vs. Brooke Tyler

Dangerous Alliances Trios Tournament Semi-Final
21CW World Champion Edward Cornell, Harlem Haynes, and Zippy Deverell vs. Tarantula and Hot Stuff (Buff Martinez and J-B Cash)

Dangerous Alliances Trios Tournament Semi-Final
21CW United Kingdom Champion Austin Smooth, 21CW Tag Team Champion Damian Dastardly, and Gino Montero vs. 21CW Tag Team Champion Luis Montero Jr and Absolutely Flawless (Lance and Kelly Martin)

Dangerous Alliances Trios Tournament Final
Cornell, Haynes, and Deverell OR Tarantula and Hot Stuff vs. Smooth, Dastardly, and Gino OR Luis Montero Jr and Absolutely Flawless

Guerrero Muerto vs. Antithesis

Lauren Easter makes her official 21CW in-ring debut against Ashley Grover

Adam Matravers issues an open challenge

Prime Time Jack Pryde vs. The Architect

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

16 hours ago, CreggSimons said:

After taking a small break from any TEW gameplay, I have continued my CornellVerse save. I am playing as The Grand Avatar and I am in control of 21st Century Wrestling. I am currently in September of 2020. Here is how it's going

I've never played with 21CW since I always see them as a national promotion, but bringing in Gino, Zippy, Brooke, & My girl Kate Lilly (hope Debbie's getting a payday) is truly based, are you trying to expand into the world as well or just hanging out in the British Isles?

1. Jack DeColt has been in Decline for a while but I really started to notice until his stamina reached 41. He doesn't want to retire or change to an Occasional role but, he is willing to put on muscle. My kind of guy. 😎
  2. Remo's Reign of Terror as World Champ just finished year 2 (Technically year 1 since I replaced the World Title early in the year for a fresh start.) Currently in a 3 way feud with Killer Karson and American Demolition(mainly Findlay O'Farrady)
  3. Recently hired Johnny Bloodstone and let him Feud with NA Champ Aaron Knight.
  4. Fuyuko Higa returned after being gone for 9 months and I put her right back at the Top.
  5. I'm currently using my Loyal friend Nadia Snow to elevate Simony Sentinel.
  6. Have no idea what I'm going to do with Sunshine inc. I've been using them as Fodder for Knight and Yasuda. I really need something for Danny Draper until his Mic skills get where I need them.
  7. Diablo Duvak and his stable beat the hell out Skip Beau and Princeston Pryce, and I sent Pryce on Vacation so that he can comeback as a heel. IDK how I let his Momentum get so low but that's the business.
  8. The Elite are Feuding with Craig Allen until Zyon Zayn returns to continue his war with them.
Edited by chm39
  • Like 4

1985-2014

I'm about to launch the legendary stable "New World Order" in my game.  In my current game, Bryan Danielson and Claudio Castagnoli formed a tag team known as Blackpool Combat Club in WCW around 2010.  They belonged to the larger faction known as "Generation Next" led by Austin Aries since 2002.   For historical purposes, both Bryan and Claudio are multi-time World Champions and have had several runs with the tag belts.  I originally planned on releasing them and having them form a new stable in New Japan to counteract the All Japan stable (The Club which consists of AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, Steven Regal, Terry Gordy Jr and Brent Albright) but I decided to do something else.

The plan is for Danielson and Claudio to lose at the June WCW PPV (Great American Bash) and leave for the WWF right after.  They will debut in one by one just like Hall and Nash.  At the July PPV they will face off against the top leaders of the WWF, Randy Orton, Rene Dupree, and Tyson Kidd)  During the match, JOHN CENA will emerge.  The 10x WWF Champion will turn on his long time rival and friend Randy Orton along with Dupree and Kidd.  The new NWO will be John Cena, Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli.  I plan on having the Rogeau Brothers (Emile and Cedric) or The Von Erichs (Ross/Marshall) also join.

We shall see.  

• Like 6

ALL JAPAN PRO WRESTLING - 1992

The first year was all about getting pieces in place for the next half-decade of stories and arcs.

TRIPLE CROWN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:
The reigning champion entering 1992 is Jumbo Tsuruta. The goal of Jumbo's reign was to take on the young guys in AJPW, as part of the iconic Tsuruta-gun vs. Super Generation Army feud. He defeated Toshiaki Kawada at the Excite Series finale in February, and headed into the Champion Carnival as champion. Mitsuhara Misawa almost earned a rematch against Tsuruta to finally capitalize on his 1990 upset and win the Triple Crown for the first time, but he would ultimately fall to Stan Hansen in the Carnival final. Hansen would then take on and defeat Tsuruta at the Super Power Series finale, giving The Lariat his third Triple Crown Championship. Hansen closed out the year with defenses over Misawa, Steve Williams, and Akira Taue, establishing himself as undoubtedly the strongest force in All Japan.

AJPW UNIFIED WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS:
The Miracle Violence Connection (Steve Williams & Terry Gordy) were the champions heading into the year. Their fourth reign as champions had fantastic matches, with defenses over the Super Generation Army duo of Mitsuhara Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, the Tsuruta-gun duo of Akira Taue & Yoshinari Ogawa, followed by Akira Taue & Jumbo Tsuruta, before vacating the titles heading into the 1992 Real World Tag League (from 1988-1994, the AJPW Unified World Tag Team Champions would vacate the titles before the annual tournament, something that I am, for now, emulating in-game). The Miracle Violence Connection would make it to the finals of the tournament, but would lose to Misawa & Kawada. Thus, Misawa & Kawada enter 1993 in their second reign as champions.

AJPW WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:
Long-time AJPW icon Masanobu Fuchi was the champion to start the year, in the middle of his third reign. This title was historically underrepresented in the King's Road era, a fact that I will certainly be aiming to change heading into the rest of the 90s but the junior division in 1992 is ROUGH. Fuchi scored a defense over Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, followed by a win over Fire Cat (Brady Boone under his AJPW mask), before losing the title to Kikuchi in a rematch. Kikuchi would then come out on top in the rubber match over Fuchi. Kikuchi closed out the year with defenses over Richard Slinger (a foreigner trained in the All Japan Dojo) and Johnny Smith. Kikuchi is a vastly underrated part of classic All Japan, and I am aiming to give him much more shine in this save.

ALL ASIA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS:
For those unaware, these midcard tag titles were mainly for non-main event tag teams, younger talent, and lots of foreigners. The Can-Am Express (Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat) were the champions starting 1992, and would hold the titles the entire year. They started their 1992 with a win in January over Akira Taue & Yoshinari Ogawa, then defended against The Fantastics. Abdullah The Butcher & Giant Kimala II failed in their challenge, as did the Malenko Brothers (Dean (the only hire I made for the first seven months) & Joe). Furnas & Kroffat then losed out the year with a win over the the Giant Kimalas, Kimala I & Kimala II.

OTHER NOTES:
SIGNINGS:
Because I'm trying to maintain the "closed garden" approach of Baba's King's Road, I made a concerted effort to not make a ton of hires to kick off the save, because there are so many great hires I could make if I truly wanted to. The only hire I made around the start was Dean Malenko, who was working an indie in Europe if I remember correctly. Malenko was also an AJPW alum anyway. Malenko  has been great in a very shallow junior division, and has impressed so much that I hired Joe Malenko to join him and challenge for the All Asia tag titles. I also ended up hiring Kamala (under the Giant Kimala I name) in the late summer to work undercard tags with Giant Kimala II and occasionally Abdullah the Butcher. The only other foreigner hire I made was The Patriot, who joined The Eagle in the Real World Tag League after Eagle's original partner, The Falcon, left before the tournament started (he wasn't good so I let his contract expire).

In July 1992, I saw that NJPW did not renew the contract of SATOSHI KOJIMA, fresh off young lion status, so I of course stepped in and signed him. Kojima became the only native talent in AJPW outside of the grandpas, young lions, and Tsuruta-gun/Super Generation Army. It's a weird spot, but I have a great plan for what to do with him heading into 1993/94. While still in his early 20s, Kojima isn't a young lion like the other three men who entered AJPW in 1992: Jun Akiyama, Jun Izumida & Yoshihiro Takayama. Akiyama & Izumida are graduates of the All Japan Dojo so signing them is a no-brainer, whereas Takayama turned pro in June but wasn't hired by anyone, so I signed him to fill out the rookie ranks. Akiyama is, of course, a future megastar for All Japan, with Takayama having plenty of potential to become a top name.

LEAVING: A total of seven names left All Japan in 1992, all from contract expiration. The first was Andre the Giant, who was completely useless. Even his giant pop wasn't enough to score anything near a good rating. Fire Cat, Billy Black and The Falcon were the next three names gone. All were decent foreigners, but being a decent foreigner in a company full of them simply isn't enough. The Patriot came in for the Real World Tag League to team with The Eagle, but was not retained after. The two native names to leave were longtime AJPW roster members Isamu Teranishi and Mitsuo Mimota (who is the son of Rikidozan). I debated keeping them for realism purposes, but TEW struggles with simulating the undercard comedy bouts, because the Royal Puroresu product gives a severe penalty to comedy bouts, which is simply false and unrealistic. So what can ya do.

PUSHES: Outside of the expected pushes, I've been making sure Tsuyoshi Kikuchi gets plenty of wins. As the distant fourth member of Super Generation Army, he was often the fall guy in multimans, but after winning the junior title he has become a much bigger member of the roster. Dean Malenko has easily the best signing so far, regularly getting performance ratings of 80+. He's likely going to dethrone Kikuchi to become the junior champion, but is also a perennial All Asia Tag Team titles challenger alongside his brother Joe. Satoshi Kojima has been beating young lions and has been on the winning side of plenty of undercard multiman tags, and has gotten the interest of both Jumbo Tsuruta and Mitsuhara Misawa, with both men commenting on his potential.

• Like 6

Played about a year with WWE, starting with the latest RWC update. Currently Titanic and going through some roster cuts to trim the fat. Just bought Gatoh Move as a child company, rebranded as NXT Japan. Sent Nakamura and Ibushi there to try and help them grow, while currently in negotiations with Minoru Suzuki.

Coming up on SummerSlam where the main event matches will be Sami Zayn vs Gunther (who have excellent chemistry) for the WHC title, Cody Rhodes vs Kevin Owens for the Universal, and The Rock vs Roman Reigns in what I'll use my first "once in a lifetime" note on.