What's Going on in Your Game?

<p>Impact Wrestling</p><p> </p><p>

My goal was to keep things as close to life as possible and replicate their booking. I made it to about March before things went off course, as Matt Hardy and Brian Cage both found themselves out of a job. With W. Morrissey still on his hiatus, I needed a solid hoss so Cage got slotted in. Warhorse would take Matt Cardona's spot when WWE came calling, same with Alex Shelley and James Storm, and Chris Dickinson and Madman Fulton. Thankfully I signed some of the key talent to exclusive contracts so those were the only real losses we suffered.</p><p> </p><p>

I decided to make good use of the Forbidden Door and reach out to AEW talent on non-exclusive contracts. Penelope Ford and Thunder Rosa help our women's division, while Brian Pillman can slot in for Rohit Raju since he's retiring. Matt Hardy takes on Chris Bey as a protege, helping him immensely. He also has the Hardy Family Office, taking Royce Isaacs and Jorel Nelson under his wing. O'Shay Edwards also joins them in June, taking the place of Steve Maclin.</p><p> </p><p>

Contracts come up for renewal, giving me a chance to sign them to Impact. We manage to get Roddy Strong, Kyle O'Reilly, Big E, and Austin Theory, adding them to the roster. In our biggest signing, John Cena doesn't renew his contract with WWE and we sign him. Do I know what to do with him? No, but I got him! He might slot into Christian Cage's role if his movie obligations don't prevent that.</p><p> </p><p>

We're currently in July, approaching Homecoming. We have three development territories in Global Force, Fight Club Pro, and after purchasing them, All Japan Pro Wrestling. Pro Wrestling NOAH is close to being purchased as well, so wish me luck in that regard.</p><p> </p><p>

And finally, AEW didn't renew the contract for one of their big names: Dr. Britt Baker, DMD. I think I found the feud to carry me to Bound For Glory, though Thunder Rosa is another option.</p><p> </p><p>

And for fun, let's see who I've had to slot in for one reason or another.</p><p> </p><p>

James Storm - Alex Shelley</p><p>

Matt Cardona - Warhorse</p><p>

Chelsea Green - Shotzi Blackheart</p><p>

Madman Fulton - Chris Dickinson</p><p>

Rohit Raju - Brian Pillman Jr.</p><p>

Shera - Adrian Severe (Fabian Aichner)</p><p>

Taylor Wilde - Allie Katch</p><p>

W. Morrissey - Brian Cage</p><p>

Sam Beale - Jordan Oliver</p><p>

No Way - Ross Von Erich</p>

WCCW 1970 - Present Day (1973) game.

World Heavyweight Title - Dusty Rhodes © vs. Gary Hart

Story - Gary Hart and the rest of the Dark Order (Abdullah the Butcher, Killer Kahn, and Ox Baker) are feuding with the World Champion Dusty Rhodes and the rest of the alliance known as the Texas Outlaws (Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Dutch Mantel, Blackjacks, and Terry Funk). The two stables have traded the Texas Tornado Trios Championship back and forth. The plan is for Gary Hart to have a legendary run with the championship and cement himself as the greatest HEEL WCCW has ever seen.

Intercontinental Championship - Vincent Kennedy McMahon vs. The Gentlemen Billy Graham

Story - In 71, Graham arrived with Stevens and Patterson forming the stable known as "The Gentlemen's Club" and recruited young rookies such as Roderick Piper, Gerald Lawler, and Vincent Kennedy McMahon. They are basically a hybrid Evolution group. For the past two years Patterson and Stevens have dominated the tag team division with Billy Graham working his way up the card winning the Brass Knuckles and Television Championship before finally winning the Intercontinental title. Meanwhile, Lawler, Vince, and Piper have grown and gotten over (Vince more than anyone). Throughout the last year (73), I've had Vince and Billy get into debates and slowly causing a divide of the original three vs. the new three. The big break up happened when Vince was scheduled to face off against Graham in the third round of the 1973 Grand Prix Tournament. Graham demanded that Vince lay down for him, which he did but Vince put the small package on Graham to win the match. I'm currently in December with the originals vs. newcomers to face off. Plan is for Vince and Graham to build until WCCW STAR WARS in March.

The plan is for Vince to eventually turn SUPER HEEL and buy Andre the Giants services (also turning him super heel) and have them dominate the tag team division until the late 70s where Andre will turn face)

WCCW Tag Division - Blackjacks vs. Hansen/Brody vs. Stevens/Patterson vs. Blassie/Heenan © vs. Wild Samoans

Story - No real story here, just a bunch of tag teams slugging it out over the tag team belts. I plan on releasing Blassie, Heenan, Stevens, and Patterson in the future. Ox Baker and Abdullah are still fighting for the belts as well but are busy with helping Gary Hart win the championship.

Light Heavyweight - Chavo, Mando, and Hector Guerrero are trading the belt with Bobo Johnson and Dos Caras ©

Texas Brass Knuckles - After a nearly three year reign of Andre the Giant, the title belongs to Bobby Duncan (Andre vacated the title and went on vacation because he was bored of the competition) Right now, Giant Baba, Killer Karl Krupp, and a few other "WCCW Legends" are competing for it. Angela Poffo is the main challenger though.

WWF March 1985 - November 2003

WWF

WWF Womens - Lita 4x

Story - Lita is currently feuding with Trish Stratus. I don't much else going on.

WWF Light Heavyweight Title - Juventud Guerrera 2x

Story - Juventud is having a blood feud with AJ Styles over the championship at the moment. I signed Juventud from WCW but haven't used him as much as I wanted. My goal is to build him into a solid IC contender and have at least one main event program with the Rock before I fire Rocky.

WWF Television - Test 1x

Story - After mingling in the mid-card for three years, he finally won some championship gold. Right now, his old tag partner Albert (known as Lord Tensai) has returned and they are feuding for the belt.

WWF World Tag Team - La Resistance 1x

Story - Nothing really going on here. Basically feuding with Donovan Morgan and Michael Modest (Road Rage), The Hardy Boys, Enigma (created wrestlers), and some other teams.

WWF Intercontinental - Faarooq Asad 2x

Story - Faarooq is in a war with Pablo Rodriquez over the belt. Faarooq is basically Nation of Domination but set several years later (because he was in ECW, WCW, and USPW).

WWF World Heavyweight - Brock Lesnar 1x

Story - Lesnar continues his year and half reign as WWF World Champion. He is currently feuding with Kane. I have literally no idea who will challenge him for the belt at Wrestle Mania. I've booked myself into a corner with his reign. I almost pulled the trigger on Kane but didn't follow through)

Other Feuds

The Rock vs. Chris Jericho

John Cena vs. Christian

Basically, the WWF is lacking star talent at the moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------

WCW

NWA World Tag- The G.O.A.T (Drew Galloway and Claudio Claustagoni) 1x

Story - No story. Just a title for my lower tag teams to fight for. I plan on getting rid of this title soon (bought NWA TNA, and will be sending the championship there)

WCW Cruiserweight - Finn Balor 2x

Story - Ricky DeColt, Elix Skipper, and Balor have just been trading the belts. I'm trying to get Ricky and Skipper over so I can move them to the television division.

WCW World Television -Bryan Danielson 2x

Story - Is about to conclude a four month feud with The Dynamite Kid (who will be leaving the company soon). Plan is for Danielson to remain in the TV division. He previously has been feuding with Hiroasi Tanahashi (now fighting for a shot at the US Title) and Jerry Lynn (also now fighting in the US division). Chris Masters will be getting a major push in 2004. He just finished his feud with his former tag partner Lex Luger (who was released after losing the feud)

WCW World Tag Team - Windy City Saints 2x (CM Punk and Colt Cabana)

Story - Defending the titles against Dudley Boys, The Smith Family (Harry and Davey Boy), Generation Now (Kenny Omega and Alex Shelley), America's Most Wanted, The Flair Family (Ric and David) and a few others.

WCW United States - Jerry Lynn 1x

Story - Defending against Tanahashi. Basically a battle of who is greater. Mike Awesome is planning to get involved to start a side feud with Lynn. Lynn previously took out Awesome with a botched move.

WCW World Heavyweight - Kurt Angle 1x

Story - Angle is about to complete one year as champion but the only problem is that Stone Cold Steve Austin has returned to WCW after eight years away. Austin who won the number one contender match at Halloween Havoc. Can Austin beat Angle at Wrestle War for the belt, or if he loses, can Austin win Wrestle War for a shot at Angle at Starrcade.

Other feuds

Jean Paul Levesque vs. Chris Benoit

Booker T vs. Jeff Jarrett

Batista vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

A few months later and things have shaken up again.

It's fair to say that in the last 6 months things have got slightly insane in the MAW Zone. War Piece winning the MAW Title at the Rip Chord Invitational has shaken up the entire roster and people that were in the midcard and happy in their place now feel they deserve to be in that main event picture. The main group here being The Masters of Money with War Piece having to go through Barron Royal and Eureka LaBelle in two of his first three defences. However, order would soon be restored when The Rise of The Monsters came calling back for their rightful title.

After 4 successful title defences for War Piece he would come face to face with the most dominant man in MAW in recent years, Matt Blackburn. Blackburn was fresh off the back of a victory over "The Prodigy" Tommy Cornell Jr and was utulizing the brutal Hurt Lock to put everyone in his way to sleep and War Piece would be no different when at the Old School Rules show he defeated Piece and TCJ in a triple threat to become Champion for The Rise of the Monsters.

The American title has gone through an interesting change in recent months. Nehemiah Loynes considered himself untouchable as the American champion following a victory over Al Coleman and thought he would receive no repercussions when he attacked his opponent of the night, Masatochi Kamimura, and decided he was going to take the night off. Commisioner Westybrook had other ideas however and announced Loynes would be defending the title tonight and he would be defending it against Garry The Entertainer who hadn't been seen in MAW in over a year following a bad injury. Nehemiah was caught out by this and in shocking fashion Garry became the new American champion. Garry has pledged that The Masters of Money will never have a hold on that title again after so long of holding that title hostage but will he be able to stick to that promise?

The tag titles saw a similar situation to the MAW Title as The Knockout Project put in an incredible run of defences and were proving themselves as fantastic fighting champions. That was until they came face to face with The Rise of the Monsters (Logan Wolfsbaine and James Diaz) who were on a war path and the tag champs and the titles just happened to get in their way. At the same show as Matt Blackburn became champion, Diaz and Wolfsbaine would win the tag titles for the 3rd time in their career and reignited the war between Rise of the Monsters and The Knockout Project.

After an unforgettable Old School Rules event, Fan Festival was the show where the MAW Environment became a warzone. The show opened with the Rise of the Monsters and the new MAW Champion Matt Blackburn who was quickly confronted by War Piece who wanted to claim his title back. Much to the shock of everyone present The Masters of Money soon joined in on the scene and Nehemiah Loynes claimed that since he took the American Title off War Piece then he deserves a chance at the main belt more than War Piece ever did. Rise of the Monsters left the ring with MoM beating down on War Piece which was cut short by The Knockout Project making the save. With the group being down a member following Miyake's departure from the company War Piece was invited to join the company by Stuntman but he was undecided. Later in the show Commissioner Westybrook announced that Blackburn's first defence in the main event of the show would be a triple threat match against War Piece and Nehemiah Loynes. The main event went off with interferences from all sides bar War Piece's but in the end Nehemiah was put in the Hurt Lock by Matt Blackburn and nobody has ever been able to escape and this would be no different.

It was what ended the show that really put the world on notice when the roster blew up. Matt Blackburn was joined in the ring by The Rise of the Monsters but they weren't done as they put on a beatdown on War Piece. Much like the opening segment The Knockout Project would make the save and a huge brawl ensued until The Masters of Money helped Nehemiah to his feet and decided to join in the brawl. At this point there are nearly 15 men in the ring and it just gets worse as in runs Garry the Entertainer followed by the entire Wild West stable and we get a huge brawl between what is essentially the entire MAW Roster. The brawl goes through the crowd, goes backstage and continues long after the cameras have gone off air but it seems that Commissioner Westybrook has lost all control and faction warfare stands tall over this company now...

I bumped into a bit of a problem in my latest TCW game. BOTH of my singles champions, Aaron Andrews (World) & Greg Gauge (Television) suffered injuries. Both men are able to work through their injuries, but with Total Mayhem only right around the corner? I just don't feel like it's worth the risk of making the injuries worse.

So, I decided to built story around the injuries and give them time to heal. Gauge was scheduled to defend the TV Title against rival Human Arsenal in a Submission Match at TCW Destructive Energy. But, to give Gauge time to heal, Greg attacked Arsenal and "deliberately injured" Arsenal by refusing to release his Proton Lock. This gave him the three weeks to heal before Gauge made his successful defense against Arsenal.

Aaron Andrews and his Chronic Upper Back Pain is taking longer to heal, so I had to get more creative. TCW Commissioner Ricky Dale Johnson announced that he had to strip Andrews of the World Title due to injury. RDJ then set up qualifying matches to create a Fatal Four Way Match at TCW Destructive Energy. The winner would be the NEW TCW World Heavyweight Champion!

Wolf Hawkins would win the Fatal Four Way, but before he could be crowned as the new champion, Aaron Andrews would make a surprise return, laying out his rival! Now, the big match is booked. Aaron Andrews versus Wolf Hawkins for the World Title at Where Angels Fear To Tread. Who is the REAL World Champion? There's only one way to find out!

Update on my local to global company out of Southern England. It's currently October 2028. The company's size is big. We've officially overtaken 21CW and are winning the area battle.

We just wrapped up our biggest annual event, Battle of Britain lV.

In the main event, Yuta Isono defended his World Championship against our newest signing, Roly Muckletruck (who had just jumped ship from 21CW where he was the world champion) and his longtime rival Tommy Cornell Jr. The match was interrupted however as David Stone cashed in his Ultimate Opportunity briefcase Seth Rollins style in order to make the match a 4-way and steal the championship at the very end. Earlier in the night, Stone lost to Will Beaumont in a singles match. Beaumont is likely first in line for a title shot against the now three-time world champion.

Ricky Storm and Sifu turned heel when they cheated out of desperation to steal the tag team championships from their then friends 808s & Heartbreak (Bret Heartbreak and Dangermouth). After months of dodging Storm and Sifu were forced to finally defend against the former champs and Heartbreak and Dangermouth walked out victorious.

The Openweight title division has been appropriately wide open. Remmy Sky was able to dethrone Aaron Knight in an 8-pack challenge, however, Knight will likely have much to say about that result as he wasn't the one pinned.

At a 99, the highest-rated match of the night came as the FCW & CWA castoffs Davis Wayne Newton and Donte Dunn (The Forgotten) took on Americana Jr. and his fellow stablemate Wild Red Stallion in tag team action. The Forgotten came out victorious and will be next up for a title shot against 808s & Heartbreak.

The event got a 99 and was my highest-rated show ever in TEW.

2005 - Reign of Terror Mod

January 2005

I wanted to give myself a challenge by playing the lowest ranked company in the game and go from up there, which is Oz Academy, a Joshi wrestling in Japan that works as a child company of another Joshi promotion (GAEA). Wasn't ideal, but fine.

Around 3 months after I started, a generated worker signed a developmental deal and joined my promotion.

Didn't think much about it because GAEA always goes on a hiring spree of developmental talent in early save before going bankrupt because of it.

I wasn't really looking at Creative (other than Franchise players) or news at that time as I was more focused on getting as much popularity (we started with 0 Pop) as I can before GAEA goes bankrupt.

As I was watching stats of the hired workers around one year after starting the save, I was seeing someone with abnormal growth, she was gaining 1-2 points almost everywhere every few months.

So I stopped simming multiple weeks and started simming day by day to see if maybe she will pop-up in the news somehow (but mostly to watch AJPW scooping talent from all the other promotions).

And there she was, coined as one of the biggest stars in the future.

I was beyond happy at that point and started keeping track of her progress.

Here we are in Mid-March 2007 and look at her : https://imgur.com/K7AAUcS

Absolutely insane stats for a young lion in my opinion.

(and thank god WWE can't scoop her up like they did with one of my talent)

Week 1 of March 2002 done and dusted as we inch ever so closer to WrestleMania X8. Another week where Vince is in charge of booking Raw and Eric has the reins of Smackdown!...

20020301.png

20020304.png

Hi all, I realise it's been about seven months since I last posted about this, but last week for our one-year wedding anniversary we were on away on a tropical island with no phone or internet and plenty of downtime between swimming, eating and drinking, so I got a genuine opportunity to pick this back up and give it a good play.

So, for anyone who can remember this from the start of the year, here is the continuation of my "WCW inVasion" storyline as we progress into Week 2 of 2002 and inch ever closer to WrestleMania X8!

20020308.png

20020311.png

Hi all, I realise it's been about seven months since I last posted about this, but last week for our one-year wedding anniversary we were on away on a tropical island with no phone or internet and plenty of downtime between swimming, eating and drinking, so I got a genuine opportunity to pick this back up and give it a good play.

So, for anyone who can remember this from the start of the year, here is the continuation of my "WCW inVasion" storyline as we progress into Week 2 of 2002 and inch ever closer to WrestleMania X8!

20020308.png

20020311.png

Week 3 of March 2002 rolls around as the battle for control of the company intensifies heading into WrestleMania X8!! The premise for Mania will be whichever company holds the most titles (of the nine in total) will gain full control of the WWF, and each match needs to have equal WWF/WCW representation.

20020315.png

20020318.png

I have to apologise for the spelling and grammatical errors here, I was on vacation when I booked these shows, drinking a LOT of beers on the deck and had no mouse!

Week 3 of March 2002 rolls around as the battle for control of the company intensifies heading into WrestleMania X8!! The premise for Mania will be whichever company holds the most titles (of the nine in total) will gain full control of the WWF, and each match needs to have equal WWF/WCW representation.

20020315.png

20020318.png

I have to apologise for the spelling and grammatical errors here, I was on vacation when I booked these shows, drinking a LOT of beers on the deck and had no mouse!

Last week of RAW and Smackdown! before WrestleMania X8 and the final showdown between WWF and WCW fight for complete control of the company!

20020322.png

20020325.png

I'll give a run-down of my final card for WM18 in the next post...

FINAL CARD FOR WRESTLEMANIA X8

WWF Championship: Steve Austin (WWF) vs Hollywood Hogan (WCW, c)

WCW World Heavyweight Title: Big Show (WWF) vs Goldberg (WCW) vs Kane (WWF) vs Booker T (WCW, c)

WCW United States Title: Kevin Nash (WCW) vs Scott Hall (WCW) vs Triple H (WWF) vs Shawn Michaels (WWF, c)

"Phenom vs Phenom": Sting (WCW) vs The Undertaker (WWF)

WWF World Tag Titles: The Steiner Brothers (WCW) vs the New Age Outlaws (WWF, c)

10 Man Hardcore Match for the WWF Hardcore Title: Albert (WWF) vs Bubba Ray Dudley (WWF) vs D-Von Dudley (WWF) vs Disco Inferno (WCW) vs Hardcore Holly (WWF) vs Perry Saturn (WCW) vs Sean O'Haire (WCW) vs Spike Dudley (WWF) vs William Regal (WCW) vs Chavo Guerrero Jr (WCW, c)

"Legend Leaves Town": Mick Foley (WWF) vs Ric Flair (WCW)

WWF Women's Title: Lita (WWF) vs Molly Holly (WWF) vs Stacy Keibler (WCW) vs Torrie Wilson (WCW) vs Victoria (WCW) vs Trish Stratus (WWF, c)

WWF Intercontinental Title: Chris Benoit (WCW) vs Eddie Guerrero (WCW) vs Raven (WWF) vs Rikishi (WWF) vs Rhyno (WWF) vs Chris Jericho (WCW, c)

"People's Champ vs People's Champ:" Diamond Dallas Page (WCW) vs The Rock (WWF)

WCW Tag Titles: Edge & Christian (WWF) vs KroniK (WCW) vs The APA (WWF) vs Team Canada (WCW, c)

Ladder Match for the WCW Cruiserweight Title: Billy Kidman (WCW) vs Jeff Hardy (WWF) vs Rey Mysterio (WCW) vs X-Pac (WWF, c)

*At the completion of WrestleMania X8, whichever promotion holds the majority of the nine titles gains full control over the company

G1 Climax 1997 is over. I definitely jumped ahead and had 10 men compete in 2 blocks. Definitely not one for 100% historical authenticity, but if I did it how it was the game would be boring. Decided to map out each performance for the ****s of it and relay it to you peoples.

A Block:

The Great Muta - 11 points. IWGP Heavyweight Champion. The first of two draws in the tournament, to a barely surviving Hiroshi Hase. Muta's only ego would get the better of him, losing to all, what would be classified as, inferior opponents in Kane, Minoru Suzuki, and William Regal.

Tatsumi Fujinami - 8 points. A letdown this tournament. But with Tenryu working severely reduced scheduling, Riki Choshu basically done, Fujinami is the last bastion of a dying era. Could this mediocre showing be a sign for things to come?

Kane - 12 points. A monstrous G1 debut showing as Kane ended up defeating the champion Muta, as well as Fujinami. Despite this, he would come up short against more experienced opponents who took him seriously.

Jun Akiyama - 6 points. For a first G1, Akiyama was in a stacked block, but held his own defeating William Regal, Steve Williams, and Akira Taue. But it was no surprise Akiyama was fodder for others.

Stone Cold Steve Austin - 12 points. Another great G1 showing for Stone Cold, and now a regular. Despite dropping matches to Muta, and Hiroshi Hase, the real stopping for his G1 was losing to Akira Taue.

William Regal - 10 points. Regal joined NJPW 5 years ago and with substance abuse issues, and lack of creativity, and just overall average skills, seemed destined to be released. Not many people expected him to end up in the G1 with a winning record. Although he came up short, Regal has done exceptionally well for himself.

Steve Williams - 8 points. Working both for AJPW and NJPW is tough, and maybe his lack of commitment has hurt him in this grueling new format. Going 0-3 at the very beginning did Dr. Death no favors.

Akira Taue - 4 points. An unfortunate crime, perhaps suffering the same issues Steve Williams did. Akira Taue would get injured very early on and wrestling 9 matches injured is going to spell doom for anyone. He started out strong, even defeating Stone Cold and Minoru Suzuki, but he would not see a win again this tournament.

Minoru Suzuki - 6 points. A G1 debut that would earn the respect of many fans, as Suzuki shot up in popularity despite losing more than winning. Beating both Fujinami and Muta definitely helped. As Suzuki acted as spoiler for his block.

Hiroshi Hase - 13 points. A Block Winner. Hiroshi Hase is a constant state of confusion. Supremely talented, and popular. He rarely challenges for the IWGP Heavyweight title, and is more of a tag team specialist in NJPW, having held the Tag Titles 4x. Hase finds himself in an extremely valued spot, can he defeat the B Block winner? Can Hase finally begin his ascent to the top of the mountain?

B Block:

Hashimoto - 11 points. A great run, unfortunately not the winner. Losing to Dude Love was a shocking upset, but no where near detrimental to losing to a young Yuji Nagata on the final day. A draw against fellow musketeer Chono earlier on means Hashimoto narrowly is eliminated on the final day.

Masahiro Chono - 13 points. Drew with Hashimoto, and lost to both gaijin Bret Hart and Dude Love means Chono is just one singular point shy of being the victor of the A block. Overall, Chono remains to be Mr. August.

Dude Love - 10 points. A strong contender against any opponent, who managed to outperform top guys. Almost a wildcard, this was his best G1 performance with me so far. Beating some big names like Kensuke Sasaki (former champion) and Masahiro Chono. But losing to Yuji Nagata, Tenzan, and Kojima severely hurt him.

Bret Hart - 8 points. When The Hitman joined NJPW, it was exciting. Seeing him go 4 and 5? Unexpected. Dropping many easy matches, including a young Tenzan and Kojima, may have been the most devastating. Though his first G1, perhaps he was just unprepared?

Satoshi Kojima - 8 points. His first G1 resulted in 6. His second is just one better. Not terrible for the young future star. Nothing really to be said.

Hiroyoshi Tenzan - 8 points. His first G1 resulted in just 4 points. A massive improvement, and one that many feel would be overshadowed by Kojima. So far he has proven he is just as good as his fellow tag team and stablemate.

Sukejuro Kuroki (regen) - 6 points. A rough first G1, but regardless, he has a win over the former IWGP Heavyweight Champion - Kensuke Sasaki. He is also currently the U-30 Champion and a protege of the great Masahiro Chono. Kuroki might not have had an amazing performance but his future seems secured.

Yuji Nagata - 4 points. His first G1 is a bit of a disaster. Defeating only Dude Love and scoring a great final day upset against Hashimoto. Nagata needs to figure it out.

Kensuke Sasaki - 8 points. Next to Bret Hart, this is the most shocking. IWGP Heavyweight Champion just two months ago, and going 4-5 is a bit of a letdown. Perhaps him being defeated by Muta has shaken his confidence?

Mitsuharu Misawa - 14 points. B Block Winner! Despite dropping matches to both of the Musketeers (Hashimoto/Chono) Misawa managed to win on his final day, while Hashimoto lost and Chono was out of reach at just 13 thanks to his draw earlier in the tournament. Will he defeat Hiroshi Hase?

I'm playing as QAW, and I just got offered a developmental agreement offer. From USPW? CWA? No, that would make sense, because they have women's divisions! TCW! Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

So, in addition to that, which came in December 2020, January 2021 comes with TCW offering a talent trading agreement, which... Huh. It doesn't cost them anything, but they don't really get anything from it either.

Thank you for the G1 Climax write-up, Peria! I’ve always found New Japan games intimidating, as their lineage is so rich & deep. I would be afraid to make any major mistakes or deviations from history. You have written your story in a way that’s not only clear to read, but leaves me feeling genuinely invested in Hiroshi Hase’s character arc. I know Misawa is the likelier winner of this year’s tournament, but hopefully Hase’s singles push isn’t a one-off. Also, I can totally see the New Japan fans getting behind Dude Love. Obviously Mick won’t be working King’s Road style matches, so I’m imagining him as the prototype for Taguchi & Yano, a chiefly comedic gimmick played by a guy with real wrestling chops.

Actually, you nailed the Dude Love comment. Though in my eyes, he is more Juice Robinson + Toru Yano. He did enter NJPW as a serious Cactus Jack, but I already had signed Stone Cold, who was released from WCW and never re-signed, so.. I wasn't going to let him rot. Stone Cold hit like 93 popularity, and since he was a serious badass after changing gimmicks... Cactus Jack needed a change as well. A loving, semi-comedic, over-the-top Dude Love sounded perfect.

Hiroshi Hase's character arc is definitely one of the more focused this year for sure. With Kensuke Sasaki (his tag partner) deciding to focus on singles action, and capturing the IWGP Heavyweight title, Hase felt left behind. Hase would find himself feuding with Atsushi Onita, who personally believed Hase was complacent, and happy with just riding Sasaki's success. Despite defeating Onita, Hase would challenge former 5x IWGP Heavyweight champion Tatsumi Fujinami to a match at the big show in April. He would come up short, and would actually fail to defeat Fujinami in the G1 as well.

The G1 finals actually got a 100 rating! Hase and Misawa had great chemistry, but despite me actually rooting for Hase, I had to give Misawa the win. AJPW left Misawa in the midcard for some ungodly reason, and I want to give Misawa the recognition he deserves. Hase's single push is not a one-off, his story will come into contact with Fujinami, whom he is 0-2 against at the January 4th Tokyo Dome show. The battle will be the start of Hase's singles run vs. Fujinami preventing his downfall as he shifts lower down the card at 44.

Yeah, NJPW is deeply rich in history and tradition. I chose Inoki as my UC but couldn't even bring myself to follow it into the dark ages and prioritizing shitty wannabe wrestlers over actually good ones. Though I still push great MMA and Wrestlers like Nobuhiko Takada, Funaki, and Kazuo Yamazaki is pretty good in my save. Dan Severn isn't bad at all either, tbh. It's okay to deviate, I even said in my last post I'm just doing what I want whilst sticking somewhat close to history. You best believe I'm giving Hirooki Goto an IWGP Heavyweight title reign, and Hiroshi Hase has legit been so fun to book in just 1997 alone (before he was sort of just Sasaki's tag partner) that I might even give him a title reign over, say, Fujinami's 6th reign (only beaten by Tanahashi at 8 right now, but Okada will likely beat that too, as he already has 5.)

WCW World Heavyweight Title: Big Show (WWF) vs Goldberg (WCW) vs Kane (WWF) vs Booker T (WCW, c)

WCW United States Title: Kevin Nash (WCW) vs Scott Hall (WCW) vs Triple H (WWF) vs Shawn Michaels (WWF, c)

WWF World Tag Titles: The Steiner Brothers (WCW) vs the New Age Outlaws (WWF, c)

10 Man Hardcore Match for the WWF Hardcore Title: Albert (WWF) vs Bubba Ray Dudley (WWF) vs D-Von Dudley (WWF) vs Disco Inferno (WCW) vs Hardcore Holly (WWF) vs Perry Saturn (WCW) vs Sean O'Haire (WCW) vs Spike Dudley (WWF) vs William Regal (WCW) vs Chavo Guerrero Jr (WCW, c)

WWF Women's Title: Lita (WWF) vs Molly Holly (WWF) vs Stacy Keibler (WCW) vs Torrie Wilson (WCW) vs Victoria (WCW) vs Trish Stratus (WWF, c)

WWF Intercontinental Title: Chris Benoit (WCW) vs Eddie Guerrero (WCW) vs Raven (WWF) vs Rikishi (WWF) vs Rhyno (WWF) vs Chris Jericho (WCW, c)

WCW Tag Titles: Edge & Christian (WWF) vs KroniK (WCW) vs The APA (WWF) vs Team Canada (WCW, c)

Ladder Match for the WCW Cruiserweight Title: Billy Kidman (WCW) vs Jeff Hardy (WWF) vs Rey Mysterio (WCW) vs X-Pac (WWF, c)

*At the completion of WrestleMania X8, whichever promotion holds the majority of the nine titles gains full control over the company

So what happened?

Also what mod are you playing

So what happened?

Also what mod are you playing

I'll post the results for Mania soon, just arrived in the office so need to fire up the game and take some screenshots and upload.

As for the mod... it's Genadi's "Death of WCW" which commences in May 2001, but I rolled it back to start in April 2001 (the night after WrestleMania X7) but made it so that Austin beat Rock clean and never did the whole heel turn/Two Man Power Trip thing. I wanted him to be a face in the upcoming war against WCW.

I then played it in TEW2016 up until January 2002, before converting the save game to its own mod and then converted the mod to TEW2020. That then took a LOT of work to mainly get the personalities right, but it seems to be playing pretty well once I got the hard yards done.

I've played the save in TEW2020 from January 2002 up until now (April 2002).

And here are the results for WrestleMania X8!!

20020328.png

Following WrestleMania X8, WWF now has full control of the company and WCW ceases to exist

So, thanks to CWA, USPW is stealing at least 3 of my top babyfaces, including 2/3 of The Line. In addition to that, Alina America (current COTT World Heavyweight Champion, good for her!) handed in her notice. Plus, I hired Gorgon when USPW cut her, and she just announced her retirement. Grr.

I poached Simony Sentinel from ACPW (I shortlisted her, so when CWA started snooping around, I snagged her out from under them), but I've still got some gaps to fill. Luckily, I have developmental company set up with a QAW Network, so in a few months, I should have a few people ready pop wise.

Thank you for the G1 Climax write-up, Peria! I’ve always found New Japan games intimidating, as their lineage is so rich & deep. I would be afraid to make any major mistakes or deviations from history. You have written your story in a way that’s not only clear to read, but leaves me feeling genuinely invested in Hiroshi Hase’s character arc. I know Misawa is the likelier winner of this year’s tournament, but hopefully Hase’s singles push isn’t a one-off. Also, I can totally see the New Japan fans getting behind Dude Love. Obviously Mick won’t be working King’s Road style matches, so I’m imagining him as the prototype for Taguchi & Yano, a chiefly comedic gimmick played by a guy with real wrestling chops.

New Japan isn't King's Road, it's Strong Style. All Japan is the home of King's Road

TNA 2006 Mod

Champions

TNA Heavyweight - Chris Jericho

TNA Tag Team - America's Most Wanted

TNA X-Division - Samoa Joe

TNA Knockouts - Lita

Preparing for Bound for Glory 2006. Card is looking as follows:

TNA Heavyweight Championship

Chris Jericho © vs Jeff Jarrett

Jarrett has been trying to re-capture his title from Jericho since losing it at Slammiversary 2006. Planet Jarrett (Abyss, AMW, Monty Brown & Paul Wight) have all been trying in the previous months to thwart Jericho's title reign but to no avail. The King of the Mountain looks to reign supreme after BFG '06, or will Y2J stand tall?

Icon vs Phenom

Sting vs The Undertaker

Since his contract was not renewed by WWE in the summer of '06, The Undertaker has set his sights on making an example of the face of TNA. With his Ministry by his side (Kane, Paul Bearer, Abyss, James Mitchell), The Phenom is looking to sacrifice the Icon at all costs

Giant Killer

AJ Styles vs Paul Wight

Paul Wight debuted in the summer of 06 as Jeff Jarrett's personal bodyguard to deal with the threat of Chris Jericho. AJ Styles, coming off the back off massive back to back victories against 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash, has set to prove himself by bringing down the biggest man in professional wrestling. In a true David & Goliath situation, can The Phenomenal One topple the Worlds Largest Athlete?

TNA Tag Team Championship

AMW © vs The Naturals

Looking to make a name for themselves, the young upstart team of Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens look to capture the Tag Team gold from the long reigning champions Chris Harris & James Storm. Can youth prevail or is there no substitute for experience?

Pouncing on Charisma

Christian Cage vs Samoa Joe

Samoa Joe is on an undefeated streak, tearing a hole through TNA. Christian Cage has challenged the Samoan Submission Machine to step up and compete against the elite of profession wrestling. Will Captain Charisma be the last man standing or will the Samoan Submission Machine continue his rampage through TNA?

TNA Knockouts Championship

Lita © vs Mickie James vs Victoria vs Gail Kim

The 4 leading ladies of TNA's new Knockout's Division have been at each others throats since its inception. The inaugural champion Victoria was dethroned by the debuting Lita after Gail Kim cost her the win and since then, these four ladies have certainly heated up the iMPACT Zone.

Sexy in 3D

Kevin Nash vs Team 3D

After declaring himself better than any Man, Woman (or Child?) in TNA, 'Big Sexy' was challenged by Team 3D to put his money where his mouth is and prove it by facing them 2 on 1 in a tables match. With the help of their little Brother Runt, can 3D overthrow Nash or will the cream rise to the top?

X-Division Championship - No.1 Contender Battle Royal

Jushin Liger vs Paul London vs Shannon Moore vs Kazarian vs Petey Williams vs Ultimo Dragon vs Jay Lethal vs Sabu vs Sonjay Dutt vs Eric Young

With Samoa Joe bulldozing through the X-Division, only the bravest will stand up to become the number one contender...

3 on 1 Gauntlet Match

Bryan Danielson vs Generation Me (Alex Shelley, Roderick Strong, Austin Aries)

In a bid to prove himself as the greatest wrestler in the world, Bryan Danielson has single handedly taken on all 3 members of Generation Me. Can the American Dragon triumph in the face of adversity when faced with all 3, back to back?

It's fair to say that in the last 6 months things have got slightly insane in the MAW Zone.

Right so I got a bit carried away since my last update on this save and it's been about 9 months as I am now in the middle of June in 2030 and an absolute ton has happened. This update will probably be split in two as I close out 2029 and then recap what's happened in 2030 so far.

So last time out MAW had just devolved into a warzone with factions ruling the land and fighting for dominance in the company while Commissioner Westybrook could do nothing about it. Following the absolutely insane end to the Fan Festival PPV, faction warfare would be center stage to the Sam Keith Classic with all the 4 major stables in the company (Knockout Project, Rise of the Monsters, The Wild West and The Masters of Money) all throwing their best teams into the tournament to claim the first prize in this "war". The first surprise came in the opening match of the tournament as The Knockout Project (Stuntman and Chris Ball) were set to go head to head with Matt Blackburn and Fro Sure of The Rise of the Monsters. However, making his remarkable return from the movie industry, Austin Smooth would be reunited with his best friend Fro Sure and the Pure Vibes tag team were reunited. They would go on to continue Rise of the Monsters seeming dominance over the company by winning the tournament albeit provoking another team into engaging in the gang war when they cheated to win the final against The Wild West's duo of Ralph Liotta and Robin DaLay. The next month was The Battle of the Mid Atlantic and the show was dubbed the final Warzone as Commissioner Westybrook tried to end the ongoing chaos with a blockbuster 3vs3vs3 main event (If I could there would have been the 4th team of The Wild West in there as well). The main event saw The Knockout Project (represented by War Piece, Christopher Ball and Stuntman) face The Rise of the Monsters (Austin Smooth, Destroyer Logan Wolfsbaine and Bomber James Diaz) and also The Masters of Money (Nehemiah Loynes, Taylor Norton and Eureka LaBelle). So much of the focus on the match was on ROTM and KO Project with the two teams having three former MAW Champions between them and having been pivotal parts of the company for so long now so it came as an immense surprise when plucky youngster Nehemiah Loynes pinned Stuntman in the middle of the ring to win the "Faction Warfare match" following a chair shot to the head while Barron Royal had the referee distracted. The show also featured a bonanza tag match as The Wild West took on the remaining two members of The Rise of the Monsters in the COTT World Champion Fro Sure and the MAW Champion Matt Blackburn with ROTM being victorious.

If Westybrook thought the Faction Warfare match would solve hostilities between the stables then he was sadly mistaken. The following month at The Clash the start of the show was once again tarnished by all the factions in the ring together resulting in a huge tag title match that saw Logan Wolfsbaine and James Diaz put their titles on the line against the Masters of Money, The Wild West and The KO Project in a fatal 4 way tag match. Once again much to the surprise of everyone it would be The Masters of Money who took advantage with Nehemiah Loynes once again proving himself an insanely talented deviant as this time he waited for James Diaz to hit his finisher on Ralph Liotta before throwing him out the ring and stealing the pin to claim the titles for himself and Eureka LaBelle. As you can probably tell, I'm high on this Nehemiah Loynes kid and he's delivering after giving him such a huge opportunity. Also on the card we had Fro Sure retain his COTT World Heavyweight Title against Ralph Liotta as well as a huge main event as Matt Blackburn defended his title successfully against the former champion War Piece inside a steel cage.

This led in too one of the biggest and most chaotic Where it all begins again shows which was hyped with the tagline of "The Final Day..." as the Faction Warfare would either come to a culmination or it could ruin the company for good. The show started off with a faction rivalry match as longtime rivals Destroyer Logan Wolfsbaine and Christopher Ball went head-to-head one more time but unlike many of the previous encounters, it was Chris Ball who picked up the shock win as the leader of the KO Project got his group off to a fantastic start.

Also on the card we had The Deadly Sinners become the new COTT Tag Team Champions (they lost them within a month), Quentin Queen defeated Garry the Entertainer to become the new American champion (Garry got signed one month later by NYCW) and Hans Piccard defeated Bryan Jewett in a strap match before his manager, Emma Chase, decided that he felt the two long time rivals could become a good team and order them to team up in the future. We had another fatal 4 way for the Tag Team Titles but this time the titles wouldnt change hands as Nehemiah and LaBelle successfully defended against James Diaz and Fro Sure, Kamikaze and Spencer Edmund and Ralph Liotta and Nelson Callum. Hollywood superstar had taken time out of his busy schedule to come down for the show again and he issued what he called the biggest open challenge in MAW history which was promptly answered by a fellow former MAW Champ in War Piece and the two had a banger of a match with War Piece prevailing. The shocking part came post match when Austin Smooth shook hands with War Piece, something he hadn't done since his face days over 4 years prior. The main event was a symphony of destruction and warfare as Matt Blackburn put his MAW Title on the line in a 5 way match against Robin DaLay, Stuntman, Taylor Norton and Tommy Cornell Jr. One representative of every faction was present in the main with the odd one out being TCJ who had history with Blackburn and maybe it was this lack of rivalry with the rest that saw him prevail and for the first time in his life reach the top of the mountain as he became the Mid Atlantic Champion.

At The Proving Ground, Westybrook ensured that this warfare would go on no longer. He held a town hall meeting to start the show and told each and every one of the roster that if this behaviour were to continue then would fire everyone and build a new MAW Roster from scratch. This seemingly worked as the all out warfare did cool and everyone went back to their own unique rivalries. A few things of note on this show were Mr Lucha III debuting and accepting the open challenge of Fro Sure and taking his COTT World Title in shocking fashion, Quentin Queen retaining his American title against Garry the Entertainer thanks to the debut of Scott "The Hammer" Hadley and the debut of Hans Piccard and Bryan Jewett as a tag team, dubbed by Emma Chase as D.I.B (Do it better). The main thing of note on this show came in the semi main event as Rise of the Monsters (Diaz and Wolfsbaine) challenged to get their tag titles back against Nehemiah and Eureka LaBelle but were unsuccessful once again after Fro Sure seemingly distracted the referee at the wrong time and he missed an obvious three count from Diaz. Following the match the Monsters were fuming and they decided they'd had enough of this and beat the hell out of Fro Sure but quick to make the save for his best friend was Austin Smooth. He battled off his once long time allies and helped his friend back too his feet but it seems the faction of Rise of the Monsters was done!

The final show of the year was a pretty monumental one with the main event being one of the most emotional matches in MAW History. Rise of the Monsters would take on their former friends and allies in Pure Vibes in a tag match that had years of history behind it. The main event was fantastic as you'd expect from the four but it was what followed the match (Pure Vibes won) that makes the moment so memorable. Following the match Wolfsbaine grabbed a microphone and said that for the last 10 years he and Diaz ran rough shot over everyone in MAW and held every title there was to hold but now their time was up and they were finally moving on. Austin Smooth then took the title and announced that this would also be the end of the road for Pure Vibes in MAW as the two were parting ways and heading on to pastures new as well. We then had our own curtain call as four pillars of Mid Atlantic Wrestling embraced in the ring before leaving together for the final time in MAW. The reality of the situation was that Wolfsbaine had signed to GSW 6 months earlier and James Diaz signed with Saisho just a few months after but I extended their contracts as I wanted to finish out their story my way. As for Pure Vibes, Austin was off to make movies again and I didn't see the need for him to come back again after as there was nothing more for him to achieve while Fro Sure didn't have the stamina to compete in matches longer than 15 minutes anymore so in MAW fashion he would be moving on to make way for the future of the company. I just love that I had these 4 for the past 10 years essentially and that they all were such incredible parts of what made this save so good.

Final smaller things to take away from NOTC were that Robin DaLay and Stuntman did a Spanish Fly through a table following their match and also that The Deadly Sinners were no more after Original Sinner destroyed Bret Heartbreak after losing another tag title match. Both things would have major consequences for 2030...

You don't say...

On Jan. 1, 1930, I got the news item that Rylee Bibbs was getting a surprising amount of attention and that some pundits think she could have a big future if handled correctly.

No big deal - it's a standard news item, right?

Well, not exactly.

It being New Year's Day, the story that Bibbs might be someone to watch out for came about three stories below the announcement that she had been named "Female Wrestler of the Year" for the ELEVENTH straight year.

(It's a fictional universe starting after World War I, so there's not a lot of competition. If she doesn't get hurt, she usually wins most of the awards in the 1920s.)