What's Going on in Your Game?

The G1 Finals are concluded. The 14th of this save (1992-2005) and still the number of unique winners remains at 7. Who were the unique winners? Well in order:

1. Masahiro Chono (5x)

2. Tatsumi Fujinami (1x)

3. Keiji Muto (3x) (Note: He technically won it twice, once as The Great Muta!)

4. Mitsuharu Misawa

5. Shinya Hashimoto (2x)

6. Kensuke Sasaki (2x) (First person to win it back to back in the Round Robin format!)

7. Toshiaki Kawada (the last unique winner which was in 2002)

The latest winner? Shinya Hashimoto has won his second G1, Hashimoto was the last of the three musketeers to win it not only once but more than once. The 2004 and 2003 winners were Chono and Muto respectively as well. Hashimoto defeated Kenta Kobashi to win the G1 this year. Kobashi was looking to become the 8th unique winner, but unfortunately Hashimoto was too much. The real reason I gave Shinya the win was simply because he deserved it. He has the highest popularity in my save that is an active wrestler (98) and as he is now 40, I wanted to give him a reward for being my backbone. He never complains about losing, always puts on bangers, and is usually top 5 in Power 500. This is also a special G1 because there will be plenty of unique winners going forward, with Nakamura, Tanahashi, and even Shibata all gaining massive popularity. Both Nakamura and Tanahashi are around 90-93, while Shibata is at 82 without being pushed. Either way, nothing major just wanted to share my G1 history because I love tournaments. Oh, bonus question for those that actually read this: What should I call a Joshi single elimination tournament? I don't have the talent depth for a RR tourney yet, so. Any and all ideas welcome.

• Like 3

On 1/6/2023 at 9:21 AM, Peria said:

The G1 Finals are concluded. The 14th of this save (1992-2005) and still the number of unique winners remains at 7. Who were the unique winners? Well in order:

1. Masahiro Chono (5x)

2. Tatsumi Fujinami (1x)

3. Keiji Muto (3x) (Note: He technically won it twice, once as The Great Muta!)

4. Mitsuharu Misawa

5. Shinya Hashimoto (2x)

6. Kensuke Sasaki (2x) (First person to win it back to back in the Round Robin format!)

7. Toshiaki Kawada (the last unique winner which was in 2002)

The latest winner? Shinya Hashimoto has won his second G1, Hashimoto was the last of the three musketeers to win it not only once but more than once. The 2004 and 2003 winners were Chono and Muto respectively as well. Hashimoto defeated Kenta Kobashi to win the G1 this year. Kobashi was looking to become the 8th unique winner, but unfortunately Hashimoto was too much. The real reason I gave Shinya the win was simply because he deserved it. He has the highest popularity in my save that is an active wrestler (98) and as he is now 40, I wanted to give him a reward for being my backbone. He never complains about losing, always puts on bangers, and is usually top 5 in Power 500. This is also a special G1 because there will be plenty of unique winners going forward, with Nakamura, Tanahashi, and even Shibata all gaining massive popularity. Both Nakamura and Tanahashi are around 90-93, while Shibata is at 82 without being pushed. Either way, nothing major just wanted to share my G1 history because I love tournaments. Oh, bonus question for those that actually read this: What should I call a Joshi single elimination tournament? I don't have the talent depth for a RR tourney yet, so. Any and all ideas welcome.

G1 Joshi League

International Joshi Grand Prix

International Joshi Wrestling League

Golden Joshi Cup

G1 Joshi Cup

Few ideas for you. Love hearing about title histories and how things have developed over a long period. Has any non historically over guy become a big time player for your company in the past 15 years?

5 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

G1 Joshi League

International Joshi Grand Prix

International Joshi Wrestling League

Golden Joshi Cup

G1 Joshi Cup

Few ideas for you. Love hearing about title histories and how things have developed over a long period. Has any non historically over guy become a big time player for your company in the past 15 years?

Not counting the obvious megastars in HHH, and Stone Cold, and the AJPW guys who almost all held the title. Dan Severn won the big one. Dude was way too over and I wanted him to hold the title because of it. Ron Simmons is a good shout. He won the title actually from Hashimoto in '96. It was an experiment to be honest, he wasn't "elite" in terms of workrate. But it was a successful short reign imo, though my weakest ever in terms of match ratings. That was really it. It's difficult to get popularity past a certain point. So some guys are just gatekept. Thankfully this year is pretty big in terms of the guard changing. Some forcefully than others, I think about 6 guys are in deep decline now that are all either "major stars" or "stars" guys like Bret Hart, Chono, Kazuo Yamazaki, Dan Severn, etc which sucks,  so it'll be tough. 

Edited by Peria

On 1/5/2023 at 4:25 PM, Self said:

Trying to get back into my CGC game with the C-Verse 1997 mod. It's now 2006, and I've come into a tricky/fun backstage issue.

The youngest of the DeColt boys, Ricky, is 21 at this point, and even though I've tried not to push him, he's accidentally risen up the card and has gotten a little too big for his boots. He's developed an ego, he's made some enemies, and one of those is Athos D'Olivier. A custom character who has been a consistent part of my roster since 1998, he's not Ricky's biggest enemy backstage, but he is the one who has started turning the rest of the locker room against the youngster. There are now half a dozen counts of Strong Dislike. Twice that of simmering tension. Fate straight up hates him. It's mostly lower card guys, but recently important CGC names like Nate Johnson, Sean Deeley, and Dan DaLay has started grumbling about Ricky. 

You'd think the easy option would be to fire Athos before he can turn more members of the locker room against Ricky. However, Athos is George DeColt's protege, and the DeColt Patriarch won't let me fire him. I've sent Athos on paid vacation, to temporarily get him out of the way, but that can't be a permanent solution. His contract comes up in 5 months, but there's no chance George doesn't re-sign him. This is a pickle. At some point something would explode, and I'm not sure if that will be fun or not. 

I did chuckle when, a week after sending Athos on vacation, he moved to The Maritimes; the other side of the country and home base of my rivals, NOTBPW. Clearly hedging his bets.

Alternatively he’s making the big brain play of convincing NOTBPW to sign Ricky to get him out of his face

On 1/5/2023 at 9:25 PM, Self said:

Trying to get back into my CGC game with the C-Verse 1997 mod. It's now 2006, and I've come into a tricky/fun backstage issue.

The youngest of the DeColt boys, Ricky, is 21 at this point, and even though I've tried not to push him, he's accidentally risen up the card and has gotten a little too big for his boots. He's developed an ego, he's made some enemies, and one of those is Athos D'Olivier. A custom character who has been a consistent part of my roster since 1998, he's not Ricky's biggest enemy backstage, but he is the one who has started turning the rest of the locker room against the youngster. There are now half a dozen counts of Strong Dislike. Twice that of simmering tension. Fate straight up hates him. It's mostly lower card guys, but recently important CGC names like Nate Johnson, Sean Deeley, and Dan DaLay has started grumbling about Ricky. 

You'd think the easy option would be to fire Athos before he can turn more members of the locker room against Ricky. However, Athos is George DeColt's protege, and the DeColt Patriarch won't let me fire him. I've sent Athos on paid vacation, to temporarily get him out of the way, but that can't be a permanent solution. His contract comes up in 5 months, but there's no chance George doesn't re-sign him. This is a pickle. At some point something would explode, and I'm not sure if that will be fun or not. 

I did chuckle when, a week after sending Athos on vacation, he moved to The Maritimes; the other side of the country and home base of my rivals, NOTBPW. Clearly hedging his bets.

I'd be meddling like crazy to fix the problems and try to humble the young Ricky by having him job for a few months. Nothing detrimental but let Dan beat him up and other lads higher up the card. Athos can stick around and just meddle as much as you can to get them back to at least neutral so Athos isn't a jerk wad and pushes everybody to hate the young DeColt.

Edited by DAVEFAN95

On 12/30/2022 at 9:34 PM, Shady Tree said:

WWF WrestleMania V - Trump Plaza, Atlantic City NJ - Att: 19,000/BR: 6.84

WWF Championship: Hulk Hogan def. Ric Flair(c) - 98
Randy Savage def. Ted Dibiase - 98
WWF World Tag Team Titles: The Hart Foundation def. Demolition(c) - 100
WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title: Rick Rude def. The Ultimate Warrior(c) - 81
Jake Roberts def. Andre The Giant by DQ - 70
Mr Perfect def. Rowdy Roddy Piper - 90
WWF National Heavyweight Title: Lex Luger def. Rick Martel(c) - 78
The Great Muta def. Ricky Steamboat - 85
The Legion Of Doom def. The Twin Towers - 78
Kerry Von Erich def. Tully Blanchard - 70
WWF National Tag Team Titles: The Midnight Express def. The Rockers(c) - 82
The British Bulldogs def. Doom - 78
Tito Santana & The Bushwhackers def. The Honky Tonk Man & The Fabulous Rougeaus - 69
The Steiner Brothers def. The Islanders - 70
The WrestleMania V Invitational Battle Royal Winner: Sting - 77

Show Rating - 100
Have been running the same number of matches on each PPV as happened in real life. With so many matches on this card I thought I had sabotaged the show by having to cut so much time in the early matches but thankfully the top 3 matches in particular delivered huge. 

WWF SummerSlam 1989 - Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford NJ - Att: 21,000 / BR: 9.14

WWF Championship: 'Macho King' Randy Savage def. Hulk Hogan(c) - 88
WWF Tag Team Championship - Steel Cage: Demolition def. The Hart Foundation(c) - 88
Ric Flair & The Brainbusters def. Lex Luger & The British Bulldogs - 87
WWF Intercontinental Championship: The Ultimate Warrior def. Rick Rude(c) - 79
Sting def. Ted Dibiase - 90
The Legion Of Doom def. The Midnight Express - 89
Mr Perfect def. Jake Roberts - 90
WWF National Championship: The Great Muta(c) def. Ricky Steamboat - 90
Kerry Von Erich & The Rockers def. Rick Martel & The Fabulous Rougeaus - 81

Show Rating: 94

• Like 1

Been running a WCW save with RWC 1997; into March 2000 now and decided to test something using OpenAI to quickly script some things ... Gave it the prompt to write a promo for James Vandenberg's Oddities to leave a challenge for the upcoming PPV... the results were... impressive.

"Hello, WCW Universe. I am James Vandenberg, the leader of Vandenberg's Oddities, and I have a message for all of you. My group, featuring the monstrous Wrath, the otherworldly Mortis, and the unstoppable Vader, is coming for you.

At the upcoming WCW Uncensored pay-per-view, we will be making our presence known in a big way. We are not like the other wrestlers you see in the ring. We are something different, something darker, something more dangerous.

We are Vandenberg's Oddities, and we are here to take over the WCW. So beware, because when we come for you, there will be nowhere to hide. Hell will freeze over, and Vandenberg's Oddities will rise to the top.

Are you ready for us? We'll see you at WCW Uncensored."

Additionally had it script a match between Raven and DDP...

"Announcer: 'Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to tonight's main event! In the blue corner, we have the mysterious and brooding Raven, looking to earn a shot at the WCW World Championship! And in the red corner, we have the charismatic and hard-hitting Diamond Dallas Page, determined to prove that he's still a force to be reckoned with in the world of professional wrestling!'

The bell rings, and Raven and Diamond Dallas Page circle each other, sizing each other up. Raven takes the initiative and charges at Page, looking for an early advantage, but Page is able to counter with a quick clothesline, sending Raven crashing to the mat.

Page follows up with a series of stiff shots and high-impact moves, looking to take control of the match. Raven tries to fight back, but Page is too much for him, and he begins to wear the challenger down with his superior strength and experience.

As the match wears on, Raven becomes more and more desperate, and he starts to take risks in an attempt to turn the tide. He lands a few stiff shots on Page, but the veteran wrestler refuses to stay down, and he continues to fight back with everything he has.

Finally, after a grueling back-and-forth battle, Page is able to catch Raven with his Diamond Cutter finisher, securing the victory and earning a shot at Sting for the WCW World Championship at WCW Uncensored!

Announcer: 'Ladies and gentlemen, your winner and NEW number one contender for the WCW World Championship, Diamond Dallas Page!'

The crowd erupts as Diamond Dallas Page celebrates his hard-fought victory, basking in the adulation of the fans as he looks towards his future showdown with Sting at WCW Uncensored."

Tenay: "Welcome to WCW Nitro, live from the Jacksonville Coliseum! We've got a stacked card for you tonight, folks, and the action is going to be non-stop from start to finish.

Heenan: "That's right, Mike. We've got some huge matches on tap tonight, including Ric Flair taking on Shawn Michaels in a matchup of wrestling icons. It doesn't get much bigger than that.

Tenay: "And in our main event, we've got The Outsiders taking on Harlem Heat in a battle of top-ranked tag teams. This one is sure to be a knock-down, drag-out fight.

Heenan: "And don't forget about Raven taking on Diamond Dallas Page in a grudge match that's been brewing for weeks. This one is going to be intense.

Tenay: "And to top it all off, we've got Goldberg here tonight. He's got something to say to the WCW Universe, and you won't want to miss it.

Heenan: "It's going to be a great night of action, Mike. Let's get things started!"

Edited by Texasrangers13
  • Like 1

Follow up to previous post.

I am obviously playing as DIW, but in May 2021 turned into a crazy month for PSW in that save. In the first week USPW decided to sign Earnest Youngman and in week 2 TCW signed Nelson Callum. So the top two guys were suddenly leaving. Apparently it gave Alex Braun heart problems because come Monday of week 3 Alex dies. By the end of the month Johnny Martin took over the book which makes sense I suppose. As for the new color guy? Well Big Smack Scott is now in the booth.

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2023 at 7:03 PM, Shady Tree said:

WWF SummerSlam 1989 - Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford NJ - Att: 21,000 / BR: 9.14

WWF Championship: 'Macho King' Randy Savage def. Hulk Hogan(c) - 88
WWF Tag Team Championship - Steel Cage: Demolition def. The Hart Foundation(c) - 88
Ric Flair & The Brainbusters def. Lex Luger & The British Bulldogs - 87
WWF Intercontinental Championship: The Ultimate Warrior def. Rick Rude(c) - 79
Sting def. Ted Dibiase - 90
The Legion Of Doom def. The Midnight Express - 89
Mr Perfect def. Jake Roberts - 90
WWF National Championship: The Great Muta(c) def. Ricky Steamboat - 90
Kerry Von Erich & The Rockers def. Rick Martel & The Fabulous Rougeaus - 81

Show Rating: 94

Heading into the 1990's...

WWF Survivor Series 1989 - Rosemont Horizon, Chicago IL - Att: 18,211 / BR: 9.12

The Hulkamaniacs v. The King's Court
Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes & The Hart Foundation def. The Macho King, Big Boss Man & Demolition - 85
Sole Survivor: Hulk Hogan
The Warriors v. The Four Horsemen
Ric Flair, Sid Justice & The Brainbusters def. The Ultimate Warrior, Kerry Von Erich & The British Bulldogs - 93
Sole Survivor: Ric Flair
Roddy's Rowdies v. The Rude Brood
Rick Rude, Mr Perfect & The Fabulous Rougeaus def. Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat & The Rockers - 91
Survivors: Rick Rude & Mr Perfect
The Vipers v. The Million $ Team
Ted Dibiase, The Undertaker (debut) & The Powers Of Pain def. Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan & The Legion Of Doom - 86
Survivors: Ted Dibiase & The Undertaker
Sting's Squadron v. Muta's Maulers
Sting, Lex Luger & The Steiner Brothers def. The Great Muta, Andre The Giant & The Midnight Express - 77*
Survivors: Sting, Lex Luger & The Steiner Brothers

Show Rating - 91

*Think the rating was lower than anticipated because Andre can't do anything over 5 minutes at this point so had to tag him with 'Limited Involvement' to get him through the match.

Booking World Tag League 2005 right now, and while this tournament is basically just a giant filler episode 99% of the time it feels like, this one was not. First off, the bad news is Dan Severn's career is over. Sadly. Torn rotator cuff, plus he is in sharp decline, and now his arms will likely be below 10-20. I was going to give him a big send off in a final Wrestle Kingdom match. To make it even sadder, his tag team partner Kazuo Yamazaki hit decline sharply around the same time. So, the dual send off is now impossible, Yamazaki will be done with NJPW at 2006 WrestleKingdom. The good news here... is Rhino. I had him and Tetsuhiro Kuroda form a tag team, they're both in Suzuki-gun, and I needed a regular heavyweight tag team as I had plans to have Suzuki get a big singles push, which he got, he is the current IWGP Heavyweight champion, but to get back on track: Rampage (Rhino + Kuroda) formed in June 2004. They were having middling success until I decided on a whim to give them a little push in the tournament, I've failed to get Kuroda over 82 popularity, and Rhino has always sat at 79. Well. That changed. Rampage defeated Hashimoto & Sasaki in a "shock" and Rhino got the pin. His popularity is now 89! I've always liked Rhino, so this is fantastic and shockingly have an upper midcarder (in popularity though he is a major star) who is young enough to not alarm me. My main event scene is getting very old, you see. So news all around! Some good, some bad. I really loved booking Severn's career and it was probably my favorite to book ever, so to see it just abruptly end is almost a little too real.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2023 at 8:43 PM, TheEffect said:

So i'm playing cverse 1977 (playing as rwa) it is currently 1979 and i wanna drop to my main title from William Riley to Matthew McAListair and Riley is kicking off but honestly I feel so bad cos I don't want to take Riley "Round the back of the shed like old yella"

Could make a veterans title for him to dominate. 

On 12/25/2022 at 8:00 PM, SuperRamenmakerOkada said:

-Shocking turns and betrayals!

-The ULTIMATE X!

-A feud continues!

-Joe vs. Brown!

-And the finals of the X-Elevation!

Destination X 2006 Results!

In other news: I've decided to scrap the Born for Glory name and go with No Surrender. The concept of it being like a Summerslam show will be kept tho.

177461555_Screenshot2022-12-25195043.thumb.png.c202774bb4b9a3d9abe29ae2d53d7398.png701517842_Screenshot2022-12-25195321.thumb.png.0c33485ca29774a944419127e3decf60.png

-A five way for the NWA title!

-Cabana vs Abyss in a Steel Cage!
-The Canadians vs. Red & Sydal!

-A double title match!

-And a shocking turn!

Lockdown 2006 results!

In other news: Michael Shane and The Hardy Boyz have signed onto WWE and will be leaving soon. Also, Team Canada has finally be formed.

Screenshot_20230119_014616.png

Screenshot_20230119_014631.png

Screenshot_20230119_014807.png

Edited by SuperRamenmakerOkada

Been playing CVerse 97 mod with GCG lately and I'm halfway through the year with them. Making the match focus main event spotlight to make up for the weaker undercard keeps the shows rated well as long as one of Maeda or Yoshizawa are in the main event. We've gotten lucky on BHOTWG letting some guys go that have been helping keep our main event scene fresh with Sessue Kawate and Shino Ko joining as well as Roka Furuhata who's a freelancer but for the next 3 months I should be able to siphon some of his pop to our other main event guys, we already had him in the finals of our Golden Road tournament against Maeda for our best match so far at an 81 and our best show rating for a 78, so now we have Maeda vs Yoshizawa set for our Golden Kingdom main event. I'm planning on having Roka lose to Shiga and Yoshizawa before he leaves, in the future I hope to get our company pop and cash flow high enough to be able to bring back Rip Chord after his hiatus and get Eisaku Hoshino from PGHW. Shino Ko I'm not sure what to do with because I didn't really want to bring him in because he's a junior heavyweight and he refuses to bulk up to Middleweight, I don't plan on having a junior division in GCG at least not for a loooong while but his in ring ability is too good to ignore so I might try to create the Openweight title in the near future so he has something to do other than being the pin eater when teaming with Sessue/Furuhata. Our tag division is pretty barren with the only good teams being Murakami and Ikina which can't last for long because I have plans for Murakami as a future singles guy as well as Ken Shimedzu and Natsu Miyamae as The Rebellion, I've started teaming American Buffalo with "The Pioneer" Nathan Coleman regularly as The American Pioneers and both guys gained some pretty decent pop during the Golden Road tournament so they'll probably be the main antagonists for the Rebellion's tag title chase as the Rebellion are small enough to be juniors so it makes for a good David v Goliath as well as a good Japan vs outsider dynamic.

Nearing Summerslam 05. The year of 2004 brought many changes to the world of World Wrestling Entertainment. Good ol' Vinny Mac sold off the company. Shane is currently running the new primary developmental company MLW, and Stephanie has a women's only promotion that is acting as a feeder system to try to put women's wrestling on the map in the US.

Shawn Michaels won the World championship from HHH at Rumble 04, dropping it to Christian at Wrestlemania 20. Christian held it for almost all of 2004 before he dropped it to Booker T at Survivor Series. He's still champion almost a year later, currently feuding with Kane.

HHH and The Rock feuded much throughout the Mania season, going into King of the Ring where after a brutal Last Man Standing match, they showed each other respect and were both assaulted by Evolution, effectively kicking HHH out of the group and handing the reigns over to Randy Orton as Mark Henry and Mark Jindrak joined the group. This culminated in a War Games match at Survivor Series 2004, though The Rock was filming a movie so he missed it.

Rene Dupree is the prodigy of the red brand, looking at a 3rd IC championship run after a long feud with Mick Foley. 

Jindrak and Henry have been the chief operators of the Tag scene alongside the Dudleys on Raw as well.

The Women's championship has had it's rounds. Since the save began, Trish Stratus has held it twice, Jazz twice, Molly Holly twice, Stacy Keibler 4 times (who I cheated and upped the stats of), and Lita 3 times. 

Over on the Blue brand,

Chris Benoit held the WWE championship from the Royal Rumble 2004 to the Great American Bash 2005, where he dropped it to best friend Eddie Guerrero, the two have not stopped fighting since.

Lance Storm is in his second US Championship run, currently running and hiding from The Undertaker with Dawn Marie at his side.

The WWE Tag Team Championship has seen some jumping around. The Self Proclaimed World's Greatest Tag Team mainly feuding with AMW over the strap, with a surprise inclusion of a run from Rey Mysterio and Bryan Danielson.

The Cruiserweight Championship has been held by seven different wrestlers since January 04, including 2 runs from Ultimo Dragon, and 3 from Tajiri. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 1:57 PM, SuperRamenmakerOkada said:

-A five way for the NWA title!

-Cabana vs Abyss in a Steel Cage!
-The Canadians vs. Red & Sydal!

-A double title match!

-And a shocking turn!

Lockdown 2006 results!

In other news: Michael Shane and The Hardy Boyz have signed onto WWE and will be leaving soon. Also, Team Canada has finally be formed.

Screenshot_20230119_014616.png

Screenshot_20230119_014631.png

Screenshot_20230119_014807.png

-Joe vs. Brown!

-Kurt Angle's In-Ring Debut!

-Omega vs. Cabana!

-A battle royal to determine the Number #1 Contender for the NWA Title!

-AMW vs. Triple in 2 out of 3 falls!

-The '04 Four collide!

Our biggest show yet, TNA No Surrender 2006!

In other news: This show is probably my most proudest show I've done, 5 months of booking paying off.

Screenshot_20230123_070802.png

Screenshot_20230123_070818.png

Wrestle Kingdom 13 (1992-2006) is booked and done. Another year completed. Lost a lot of major stars in the main event + upper midcard. I've mentioned it before I believe and named a few. I did sign both Dave Finlay (48) and Mick Foley (40) to my roster, short-term. I like creating momentary stories that last a year or two, similar to DDP, who had a two year tenure in my company. Akira Taue has hit decline, thus Holy Demon Army, another mainstay tag team is on the decline. Kawada thankfully is going strong. I'm excited and terrified at the same time with how drastic my roster is going to have to change in the coming years. Mutoh is slowly being phased out, Chono has been declining for 2 years now. Not many of my workers can step up and fill those shoes either. It's going to be a fun time booking the company. But let me move onto Wrestle Kingdom, I'll go over the major stories:

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Shinya Hashimoto def. Minoru Suzuki (c) 

This is a story about Suzuki showing he is the present. Hashimoto is the last remnants of the old guard. The last one who can't accept he is no longer the focal point. Hashimoto had a smaller rivalry with Suzuki during the New Japan Cup of 2005, though they never faced directly in singles competition. This was their first singles match. It scored a 100! Fantastic main event. This was a barebones story though. Hashimoto coming in to show he is too stoic and cool and Suzuki showing his deranged hatred for Hashimoto and the other Musketeers / Pillars who held down the generation of Kojima/Tenzan/Makabe etc. (No Inokism in this timeline, so need another excuse!)

Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Katsuyori Shibata 

I love that I can realistically build this up as a co-main event. Both men got so wonderfully over, Shibata without the aid of the title or favoritism. And that is your story. Tanahashi, Nakamura, and Shibata all arrived at the same time, Shibata lost the YL Cup to Tanahashi in 2000. Nakamura is the youngest IWGP Heavyweight champion, Tanahashi the longest reigning U-30 champion, and a former IWGP Heavyweight champion. So what about Shibata? Thanks to Chono's push, Shibata has betrayed his friends and attacked Tanahashi costing him the title to Minoru Suzuki at the 2005 Destruction show in September. Shibata would then defeat Tanahashi in a tag match during the Super Tag League. Finally fed up, Tanahashi called out Shibata, who was never afraid to answer the call. While Shibata came up short, he forced Tanahashi to acknowledge him, as an equal, demanding a match. This begins Shibata push. Hopefully, anyways.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: The Holy Demon Army (Akira Taue & Toshiaki Kawada) (c) def. Christian Cage & Shawn Michaels

Okay this looks weird, even after I reveal Triple H was meant to be in this match but an injury (torn quad, heh) to Triple H forced Christian to step in and be Shawn's partner. Akira Taue is declining, Kawada isn't. This is the only real way I can get more value out of Taue. HDA retain, largely because Shawn + Christian doesn't intrigue me and I have the year planned for tags already decided, and am happy with. I need to start pushing actual tag teams and younger guys. Been rebuilding the tag division for about 3 years now.

IWGP United States Heavyweight: Randy Orton (c) Def. Dave Finlay

Randy Orton is in full legend killer mode, I actually paired him with Shibata under Chono's group, Chono is declining and too old, so he hired young ruthless stars in the making. It makes sense, okay? Dave Finlay returned alongside Mick Foley. Who else would the legend killer call out other than Dave Finlay, who competed in NJPW years ago. Finlay obviously accepted, and was ready to fight. I admit this was put together but it went well since Dan Severn was injured and denied his retirement match. 

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Great Sasuke def. Hayabusa (c)

Great Sasuke has been a strange failing of mine. He left for PWFG in 1996, and I was a little upset, he was definitely going to be on the rise with the likes of Eddie, Benoit, and Otani. While Hayabusa, Ultimo, Liger, and Kanemoto were the main 4. Either way, Sasuke returned in 2002, and I had plans for to reignite my desire to see him rise up to the upper echelon of the card. His skills were better, his overness was in the high 80s. But... I kept changing my mind. He was meant to win BOSJ in 2005 but... I went with Ultimo Dragon. He was supposed to win in 2004, but I wanted to give Liger a 9th title reign and was enjoying Eddie vs Rey. Finally, ending a lengthy title reign from Hayabusa, Great Sasuke has earned his first title in NJPW.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag: Super Crazy & Cerebro Negro def. Los Traumas & Los Guerreros (c) 

Super Crazy and Cerebro Negro are great guys, whom I like. My JHW tag division is honestly just luchadores that I borrow from CMLL + Gedo & Jado, and Eddie & Chavo. There isn't a story here. I wish there was. But like NJPW in real life, I am not investing a super large amount of effort in this division. 

IWGP Intercontinental Champion: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) def. Satoshi Kojima 

Nakamura has been feuding mainly with Great Bash Heel while Tanahashi has had his hands full with Shibata. He defeated Togi Makabe in September, at Super Tag League, him and Tanahashi lost to TenKoji and this is where this match was spawned from. Not a super big story here, Nakamura will be a part of a larger story that will birth his King of Strong Style persona soon, as for now, he is still Super Rookie, if that makes sense.

These are some of the larger matches. Elsewhere Sekigun members Yuki Ishikawa, Minoru Tanaka, and Naomichi Marufuji captured the Trios titles from Great Bash Heel. Tenzan was the only winning GBH member this WK, as he defeated Suzuki-gun's Ken Shamrock to retain the NEVER title. Combat Toyoda mercifully ended Cynthia Moreno's title reign. Keiji Mutoh's special challenge was answered by Masahiro Chono, who hadn't wrestled a singles match for nearly a year. Mutoh defeated Chono. 2005 is behind me, and 2006 will be extremely fun as a lot of younger guys showing up and getting ready. Loving the roster renovations I'll be employing throughout, Tanahashi will be firmly secured as the Ace with Nakamura and Shibata firmly behind him.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Peria said:

Wrestle Kingdom 13 (1992-2006) is booked and done. Another year completed. Lost a lot of major stars in the main event + upper midcard. I've mentioned it before I believe and named a few. I did sign both Dave Finlay (48) and Mick Foley (40) to my roster, short-term. I like creating momentary stories that last a year or two, similar to DDP, who had a two year tenure in my company. Akira Taue has hit decline, thus Holy Demon Army, another mainstay tag team is on the decline. Kawada thankfully is going strong. I'm excited and terrified at the same time with how drastic my roster is going to have to change in the coming years. Mutoh is slowly being phased out, Chono has been declining for 2 years now. Not many of my workers can step up and fill those shoes either. It's going to be a fun time booking the company. But let me move onto Wrestle Kingdom, I'll go over the major stories:

This is a story about Suzuki showing he is the present. Hashimoto is the last remnants of the old guard. The last one who can't accept he is no longer the focal point. Hashimoto had a smaller rivalry with Suzuki during the New Japan Cup of 2005, though they never faced directly in singles competition. This was their first singles match. It scored a 100! Fantastic main event. This was a barebones story though. Hashimoto coming in to show he is too stoic and cool and Suzuki showing his deranged hatred for Hashimoto and the other Musketeers / Pillars who held down the generation of Kojima/Tenzan/Makabe etc. (No Inokism in this timeline, so need another excuse!)

I love that I can realistically build this up as a co-main event. Both men got so wonderfully over, Shibata without the aid of the title or favoritism. And that is your story. Tanahashi, Nakamura, and Shibata all arrived at the same time, Shibata lost the YL Cup to Tanahashi in 2000. Nakamura is the youngest IWGP Heavyweight champion, Tanahashi the longest reigning U-30 champion, and a former IWGP Heavyweight champion. So what about Shibata? Thanks to Chono's push, Shibata has betrayed his friends and attacked Tanahashi costing him the title to Minoru Suzuki at the 2005 Destruction show in September. Shibata would then defeat Tanahashi in a tag match during the Super Tag League. Finally fed up, Tanahashi called out Shibata, who was never afraid to answer the call. While Shibata came up short, he forced Tanahashi to acknowledge him, as an equal, demanding a match. This begins Shibata push. Hopefully, anyways.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: The Holy Demon Army (Akira Taue & Toshiaki Kawada) (c) def. Christian Cage & Shawn Michaels

Okay this looks weird, even after I reveal Triple H was meant to be in this match but an injury (torn quad, heh) to Triple H forced Christian to step in and be Shawn's partner. Akira Taue is declining, Kawada isn't. This is the only real way I can get more value out of Taue. HDA retain, largely because Shawn + Christian doesn't intrigue me and I have the year planned for tags already decided, and am happy with. I need to start pushing actual tag teams and younger guys. Been rebuilding the tag division for about 3 years now.

Randy Orton is in full legend killer mode, I actually paired him with Shibata under Chono's group, Chono is declining and too old, so he hired young ruthless stars in the making. It makes sense, okay? Dave Finlay returned alongside Mick Foley. Who else would the legend killer call out other than Dave Finlay, who competed in NJPW years ago. Finlay obviously accepted, and was ready to fight. I admit this was put together but it went well since Dan Severn was injured and denied his retirement match. 

Great Sasuke has been a strange failing of mine. He left for PWFG in 1996, and I was a little upset, he was definitely going to be on the rise with the likes of Eddie, Benoit, and Otani. While Hayabusa, Ultimo, Liger, and Kanemoto were the main 4. Either way, Sasuke returned in 2002, and I had plans for to reignite my desire to see him rise up to the upper echelon of the card. His skills were better, his overness was in the high 80s. But... I kept changing my mind. He was meant to win BOSJ in 2005 but... I went with Ultimo Dragon. He was supposed to win in 2004, but I wanted to give Liger a 9th title reign and was enjoying Eddie vs Rey. Finally, ending a lengthy title reign from Hayabusa, Great Sasuke has earned his first title in NJPW.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag: Super Crazy & Cerebro Negro def. Los Traumas & Los Guerreros (c) 

Super Crazy and Cerebro Negro are great guys, whom I like. My JHW tag division is honestly just luchadores that I borrow from CMLL + Gedo & Jado, and Eddie & Chavo. There isn't a story here. I wish there was. But like NJPW in real life, I am not investing a super large amount of effort in this division. 

Nakamura has been feuding mainly with Great Bash Heel while Tanahashi has had his hands full with Shibata. He defeated Togi Makabe in September, at Super Tag League, him and Tanahashi lost to TenKoji and this is where this match was spawned from. Not a super big story here, Nakamura will be a part of a larger story that will birth his King of Strong Style persona soon, as for now, he is still Super Rookie, if that makes sense.

These are some of the larger matches. Elsewhere Sekigun members Yuki Ishikawa, Minoru Tanaka, and Naomichi Marufuji captured the Trios titles from Great Bash Heel. Tenzan was the only winning GBH member this WK, as he defeated Suzuki-gun's Ken Shamrock to retain the NEVER title. Combat Toyoda mercifully ended Cynthia Moreno's title reign. Keiji Mutoh's special challenge was answered by Masahiro Chono, who hadn't wrestled a singles match for nearly a year. Mutoh defeated Chono. 2005 is behind me, and 2006 will be extremely fun as a lot of younger guys showing up and getting ready. Loving the roster renovations I'll be employing throughout, Tanahashi will be firmly secured as the Ace with Nakamura and Shibata firmly behind him.

Shamrock as a member of Suzuki-gun is awesome!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peria said:

This save sounds amazing, I would love to read more about the stables you have setup and their histories/timelines.