General Gameplay Questions Thread

Usually when I ran a show on TEW2016, I’d end with a freestyle angle graded on overness with a couple of the top workers. So far when I’ve done that in TEW, the rating gets significantly lower than the overall pop of the workers. (Example, they are in 80s for popular and the angle will score in the 50s or 60s). I also receive the note saying the crowd thinks nothing interesting happened here. But if I run an identical angle earlier in the show, I don’t get the crowd not interested note. Can anyone help me logic this out? I have crowd management turned off in preferences. Thanks!

Half the time I book segments I get hit with a "Lack of anything interesting happening" even when not doing freestyle angles/make sure the workers are being rated on an "active" stat. Did a post match beat down to set up a feud and still get hit with the "lack" penalty.

Post match beat down should be rated on fighting now. A good worker will then be able to push it past four minutes and avoid the penalty.

Usually when I ran a show on TEW2016, I’d end with a freestyle angle graded on overness with a couple of the top workers. So far when I’ve done that in TEW, the rating gets significantly lower than the overall pop of the workers. (Example, they are in 80s for popular and the angle will score in the 50s or 60s). I also receive the note saying the crowd thinks nothing interesting happened here. But if I run an identical angle earlier in the show, I don’t get the crowd not interested note. Can anyone help me logic this out? I have crowd management turned off in preferences. Thanks!

You must have a different length between the two. Anything longer than four minutes now needs something “interesting” happening. ie everyone can’t be rated on just overness or menace, you need some fighting or speaking or something else.

You must have a different length between the two. Anything longer than four minutes now needs something “interesting” happening. ie everyone can’t be rated on just overness or menace, you need some fighting or speaking or something else.

Makes sense! Thanks.

This is a question for the testers that got to run longer saves:

Will workers still request to get called up from development when they feel their time is up? With the "X number of skills left to improve" no longer on the development screen, I just want to make sure I won't leave them in there so long their morale deteriorates.

Wait so if I'm following, to solve the "Nothing interesting seems to have happened in this angle" in this game, the angle has to be rated on different skills from the workers?

Yes. The player's handbook has a lot of explanations about this, but what it boils down to is you can't just put a two guys in based on their overness and get 90+ ratings anymore for segments that go 10 minutes. The game treats it as them basically just standing there, and can only last 4 minutes without penalties.

You gotta use other traits to get good scores in longer segments, especially microphone.

How are road agents rated now? I'm fixing up a database and wanna know what stats to increase for them.

I know it's more than psychology cause testing games people with only good psychology were bad agents.

I think experience and psychology are the two key things, IIRC.

How are road agents rated now?

Same as TEW16 + the new experience stat.

Reading the manual again, I've never realized that basics stops being important at 40%. Why the hell isn't 40 the maximum then? Is it somehow used for hiring restrictions or something?

Wait so if I'm following, to solve the "Nothing interesting seems to have happened in this angle" in this game, the angle has to be rated on different skills from the workers?

Not different skills, just can't be a "passive" skill for everyone and last more than 5 minutes. Passive skills are any that aren't entertainment, microphone, acting, selling, or fighting.

The gist is if everyone is rated on the other skills, then nothings really happening. Like if you have an angle where two guys are rated on overness and have it go for five minutes, then the game just assumes that they're standing there being over for five minutes. Same for menace. If you have two big dudes rated on menace it sounds like they literally just stand there growling and flexing for a block of time. But if they fight then they're doing something interesting.

Again, though, the uninteresting bit only occurs at 5 or more minutes. You can have a 4 minute angle with both guys rated on overness and be safe, but you also won't receive the same benefits on worker skills and momentum that way.

Like if you have an angle where two guys are rated on overness and have it go for five minutes, then the game just assumes that they're standing there being over for five minutes. Same for menace. If you have two big dudes rated on menace it sounds like they literally just stand there growling and flexing for a block of time.

Exactly. Kinda like a DragonballZ episode. :D

Click on the question mark on the angle screen, there's actually some pretty good explanations for what each "rated on" category means. But yeah, overness now means they're either just standing there or someone is talking about them or a spectacular entrance, nothing really else. For anything else you need either acting or fighting or entertainment (if there's talking).

Means a lot of the default angles are set-up wrong now, but I find I'm using them even less in TEW2020 than I was in 2016!

The fact that every company has house shows set up regardless of size is likely a bug, I'd report that if you haven't already.

But to turn house shows off, you can unclick all the yellow dates in the schedule on the house show screen. You only run house shows on the yellow dates (that's not entirely obvious from the screen to be fair!).

Ok great, thanks. I see what you're talking about now, that seems to have worked.

I'm having trouble understanding contract bonuses. Where do you find out how much a worker gets in bonuses? I'm getting killed each month on bonuses.

I've raised this in the tech support forum: check your Backstage screen, what benefits are you giving your workers? Benefits like transport, hotels and the masseuse etc all get lumped under 'worker bonuses', which is confusing.

Note that even just organising travel and hotels incurs a financial cost (though obviously not as much as paying for them...).

I've raised this in the tech support forum: check your Backstage screen, what benefits are you giving your workers? Benefits like transport, hotels and the masseuse etc all get lumped under 'worker bonuses', which is confusing.

Note that even just organising travel and hotels incurs a financial cost (though obviously not as much as paying for them...).

Oh there we go! I'm doing the chiropratic and masseuse backstage options (and paid transport!) to keep them happy. Holy crap I didn't know it costed that much. Thank you!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>playing RIPW. How can I sign someone to a development deal? I cant seem to figure it out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You sign then and THEN you send them away to development.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>playing RIPW. How can I sign someone to a development deal? I cant seem to figure it out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There are no distinction for deals that are "developmental." Sign the worker and assign them to your performance center or child promotion.</p>