General Gameplay Questions Thread

Okay, here's a question- I'm noticing that my non-wrestling personnel (announcers, managers, etc.) have Cooled Momentum. Is this normal?

Starting momentum? As far as I know, yes, as momentum is set with contracts in the database. If you have a manager that you feel should have hot momentum check the database to make sure their contract has it set that way.

That said, I've noticed that managers gain momentum and popularity VERY fast, especially in smaller promotions. For instance, I assigned Haley Buck as the manager of Dreadnought and Juggernaut Jones, and have had them do squash matches for basically 6 straight matches. The tag team are both recognizable with warm momentum whereas Buck is already well known with hot momentum.

Given the wording (between 60:40 and 40:60) I assumed 50:50 would also be possible. Did Adam say somewhere it was either/or?

The best result mathematically will always be either 60:40 or 40:60, there’s no need to assess 50:50. The only time 50:50 would “win” would be if the performance score perfectly equaled the pop one, and then either 60:40 or 40:0 would do anyway.

Hope that makes sense.

I do have short question concerning Training Facilities.

In the Player's Handbook in Training Facilities -> AI Training Facilities it says:

"Computer-controlled companies can open their own dojos and performance centres during gameplay and are able to upgrade their training and facility levels as they go along. [...] AI child companies will not update their facilities, [...]".

So, I might get it wrong, but are AI child companies able to open a facility, but won't upgrade them, or will they never even open one?

How do I terminate contracts? Or is it even possible to terminate handshake deals?

Go to their profile, click on the arrows to left or right of popularity, and it changes to contract view with a release button you can click.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, but which patch did you START the game with?<p> </p><p> There was a pretty serious (in my opinion) issue with the momentum system that was fixed about Patch #6 or #7 which affected starting momentum. Any games started before this fix will have issues.</p><p> </p><p> I’ve played the same game now pre and post this fix to momentum and there’s a stark difference with three out of five of my Major Stars dropping to Star that don’t happen second time around.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh cool, wasn't aware that some fixes wouldn't apply to pre-existing saves and that's very likely the problem - I didn't notice at the time but Valiant also dropped to Well Known after beating Rogue. I'm not 100% sure which patch I started this save on as I've been installing each new one but I would have guessed Patch #6.</p><p> </p><p> I like this save so I'm going to screenshot all of my shows & rebook them assuming I buy the game on official release. Until then I'm just going to mess around with different scenarios.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Go to their profile, click on the arrows to left or right of popularity, and it changes to contract view with a release button you can click.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks a bunch! Time to trim this roster the hell down haha</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MaddoxEra" data-cite="MaddoxEra" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh cool, wasn't aware that some fixes wouldn't apply to pre-existing saves and that's very likely the problem - I didn't notice at the time but Valiant also dropped to Well Known after beating Rogue. I'm not 100% sure which patch I started this save on as I've been installing each new one but I would have guessed Patch #6.<p> </p><p> I like this save so I'm going to screenshot all of my shows & rebook them assuming I buy the game on official release. Until then I'm just going to mess around with different scenarios.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was fixed on #8. If your game started on an earlier patch then you can use the remote assistance code "beta8" in your save to correct it.</p>

Starting momentum? As far as I know, yes, as momentum is set with contracts in the database. If you have a manager that you feel should have hot momentum check the database to make sure their contract has it set that way.

That said, I've noticed that managers gain momentum and popularity VERY fast, especially in smaller promotions. For instance, I assigned Haley Buck as the manager of Dreadnought and Juggernaut Jones, and have had them do squash matches for basically 6 straight matches. The tag team are both recognizable with warm momentum whereas Buck is already well known with hot momentum.

No, I'm in February. My announcers and one road agent all have cooled momentum. My onscreen commissioner is doing pretty well, though.

No, I'm in February. My announcers and one road agent all have cooled momentum. My onscreen commissioner is doing pretty well, though.

I think you may have to use them onscreen in some capacity to maintain their momentum. Otherwise, it'll move toward the mean and with nothing to counter it, that mean is probably 'neutral'. I have everyone at Warm or Very Warm because I use my announcers and road agents in angles ('Talking Smack'-like segment at the end of the show).

I think you may have to use them onscreen in some capacity to maintain their momentum. Otherwise, it'll move toward the mean and with nothing to counter it, that mean is probably 'neutral'. I have everyone at Warm or Very Warm because I use my announcers and road agents in angles ('Talking Smack'-like segment at the end of the show).

I figured it was something like that. It's weird, they all started with Neutral momentum.

I feel like the answer is definitely "Yes" but: If, say, Sammy Bach comes to you and says "I'm willing to put over T-Bone Bright" and it's an offer of 3 matches, will T-Bone defeating Sammy result in the same loss of overness one would usually expect when someone at 51 POP pins someone around 75? It's gracious of Sammy and all but I feel like giving T-Bone three wins over him would tank Sammy's popularity unless the penalties are somewhat negated by the promise, which I don't think would be the case?

You're right, the answer is yes. The veteran worker promises not to complain, but they will still lose the same amount of popularity/momentum by losing to the lower card guy as they normally would. So sometimes it's a case of "thanks for the offer, but...".

I had Edd Stone offer to put Ernest Youngman over in my save, much more useful. :D

So apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a way to turn off the penalty for lack of anything interesting happening?

Not that I know of. Other than making sure that if the angle is going longer than four minutes, someone is actually doing something.

Where do you guys get graphics for your ppvs from given that there are so few in game? I'm using the Wrestling Premier League and I can't find any logos online nor do I have any skill at making such things

There's some amazing people making logos in the mods section.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrwhippy" data-cite="mrwhippy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was fixed on #8. If your game started on an earlier patch then you can use the remote assistance code "beta8" in your save to correct it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good to know, see it in the patch notes now. Still going to try redoing it, some of the pop damage is already done & I'd rather not have to try fixing it. But at least I have this to fall back on</p>

<p>got a few questions people, am on a TCW save and come to my two month trial end </p><p> </p><p>

I have noticed with EILL is alot of their talent are getting insane pop increases in the USA an example of this would be Boom Boom Jamaica jumping from the 16/18 pop to 48/51 pop in all area of USA in just two months. This has happened to a lot of their stars, anyone know why ?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

So, a few things I need help on. Am finding it particularly hard getting talent over from the indies/people not over in the USA, any suggestions or tips on how to overcome this?</p><p> </p><p>

Also my roster is fatigued all the time after adding a second show, ive cut down house shows now to 1 a week going forward so I hope that sorts the problem out, they were even asking for time to heel after just cutting a promo on a show.</p><p> </p><p>

Lastly wrestlers primes? what would you guys class as a wrestlers prime, am in the football midset where a players prime is 28 and by the time they are 32/33 finished near enough. So for this game what would you class as prime and start of decline ages?</p>

got a few questions people, am on a TCW save and come to my two month trial end

I have noticed with EILL is alot of their talent are getting insane pop increases in the USA an example of this would be Boom Boom Jamaica jumping from the 16/18 pop to 48/51 pop in all area of USA in just two months. This has happened to a lot of their stars, anyone know why ?

I think it's because EILL wrestlers are appearing on TV in America for the first time (as their TV deal covers US as well as Mexico) so their popularity grows quickly at first.

got a few questions people, am on a TCW save and come to my two month trial end

I have noticed with EILL is alot of their talent are getting insane pop increases in the USA an example of this would be Boom Boom Jamaica jumping from the 16/18 pop to 48/51 pop in all area of USA in just two months. This has happened to a lot of their stars, anyone know why ?

Did they get a national US TV deal?

Edit: Yeah they start the game with one, that'll be it... They didn't before, so their starting stats won't reflect that, which means because they're big stars in their home country and are now being shown on TV in the US, they'll gain quickly there too.

So, a few things I need help on. Am finding it particularly hard getting talent over from the indies/people not over in the USA, any suggestions or tips on how to overcome this?

What I usually do, especially with TCW, is have them alternate losing to more popular guys and being on the winning team in tag matches so they gain pop from being in good matches (not strictly alternating, but don't job them out too much or they'll tank in momentum). Use them in angles too when you can spare the ratings hit.

Then, when they're over enough to roughly match the level of your jobbers (which should happen in a month or so just by being on TV), start having them beat jobbers to build momentum.

Another tip, if you have a guy who's popular in a region (Ernest Youngman in the tri-state for instance), make sure he's on any shows you run in that region. The home fans will react better to him, and that will play well with the national audience and increase his pop faster overall.

Also my roster is fatigued all the time after adding a second show, ive cut down house shows now to 1 a week going forward so I hope that sorts the problem out, they were even asking for time to heel after just cutting a promo on a show.

Yeah, that'll happen in TCW if they're wrestling several times a week. Reducing the house shows should fix it. Alternatively, make sure the guys you use regularly aren't on the house show 'roster'. Maybe rotate 5 or so guys who have house shows 'off' to recover.

Lastly wrestlers primes? what would you guys class as a wrestlers prime, am in the football midset where a players prime is 28 and by the time they are 32/33 finished near enough. So for this game what would you class as prime and start of decline ages?

This is different for each worker, but in general prime is early to mid thirties, decline usually starts late thirties/early 40s.

Bare in mind though that a declining wrestler can still be useful depending on your product and his style. Regular wrestlers, brawlers and technicians will be useful longer than high flyers because their style is less physically demanding, and things like basics and psychology never decline. Workers will also change style as they get older, so a high flyer with decent skills might become a regular wrestler to try and prolong his career.

Quick question: Have the match to angle ratio warnings been completely removed from the booking screen? I haven't seen them anywhere in my play so far and I just want to make sure I'm not missing it.

You still get them when you go more than 15% either way. (As in, enough to trigger the penalty.) If you haven’t seen them, you must have just not gone that far off. :)

I've asked before but generally before I go to bed so I may of missed an answer but I'm just making sure I'm not missing something here. Is there any way (even if it takes multiple clicks) to access stables/teams whilst in the Add Match/Add Segment screens? Specifically for stables as remembering the names to each stable member in a segment without using an external notepad is kicking my ass!

I've asked before but generally before I go to bed so I may of missed an answer but I'm just making sure I'm not missing something here. Is there any way (even if it takes multiple clicks) to access stables/teams whilst in the Add Match/Add Segment screens? Specifically for stables as remembering the names to each stable member in a segment without using an external notepad is kicking my ass!

dont think u can for angles but for matches its on the bottom right

wgPPher.png

Specifically for stables as remembering the names to each stable member in a segment without using an external notepad is kicking my ass!

There is an internal notepad, which might help (between the ? and the X in the top right of (almost) every window). Bonafide_Bluffa just posted a screenshot of the match booker, it's in the bottom right. Sadly, there is no such button for angle booking as yet.