General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is area spillover no longer a thing? It's not mentioned in the game world screen and I can't find anything about it in the handbook.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Still in there - to see it, go to size on your office screen and there's a spillover button in the bottom right.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Still in there - to see it, go to size on your office screen and there's a spillover button in the bottom right.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. You'd think that'd be something to put in the game world screen, though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Super weird - for the first one, I can't see a way to filter by stat, but would starting a game and using the create MDB file option make things at least a little quicker?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> May be worth playing around with! Is that the "Turn To Database" option in the editor?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do i stop created japanaese companies from creating TV shows? in TEW 2016 setting them as a touring company meant they didnt do this</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This should still be the case? Are they running any actual tours? If they're running tours they shouldn't get a traditional TV show. If they're not running tours, they're not "touring" no matter how many events they run a month, so will look to get traditional TV if its feasible.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rick Savant" data-cite="Rick Savant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>May be worth playing around with! Is that the "Turn To Database" option in the editor?<p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No - create MDB file on options screen of the actual game (just below 'turn to database' on that screen.)</p>

Are "lesser" intended events limiting wrestler's performance like if it was a tour intended or can I still get 100s? I run my schedule in multi days, for example the NJPW's "New Beginning in --" shows, so I don't want my wrestler's performance to be affected which is why I don't want to have my shows intended on "tours", I just want the attendance to be lower I guess if that makes sense. Thanks.

You'll want to utilize the touring functions in 2020. My understanding is that while yes, they do limit worker performance and audience size, the audiences are much more lenient about the shows because they're glorified house shows where important things happen on rare occasions.

So you can have matches main event those shows that otherwise could be losing you popularity if you run them as regular events and don't book huge matches on tour shows.

On top of the audience leniency, the physical wear and tear is lessened if I recall correctly. So you can run the appropriate amount of shows, and you won't run into the issue of having your guys treating every show like a major event and hurting themselves as often.

Road Agents and In-game Handbook

Newbie here, so apologies in advance for my ignorance. A couple of quick questions:

*Adam references an "in-game handbook" but I don't see a link to it, and searching doesn't seem to find it either.

*When I am looking at my Road Agents, some are very over in regards to Experience, Respect, and Reputation but are 0 rated (or very low) in Booking Reputation, and Booking Skill.

It seems to me that the main purpose of Road Agents is to book the matches during the events so the highest rated in Booking Reputation and Booking Skill is optimal over other attributes. Am I missing something? Are Experience, Respect, and Reputation more important than the Booking Reputation, and Booking Skills?

Newbie here, so apologies in advance for my ignorance. A couple of quick questions:

*Adam references an "in-game handbook" but I don't see a link to it, and searching doesn't seem to find it either.

*When I am looking at my Road Agents, some are very over in regards to Experience, Respect, and Reputation but are 0 rated (or very low) in Booking Reputation, and Booking Skill.

It seems to me that the main purpose of Road Agents is to book the matches during the events so the highest rated in Booking Reputation and Booking Skill is optimal over other attributes. Am I missing something? Are Experience, Respect, and Reputation more important than the Booking Reputation, and Booking Skills?

The in game handbook is available in almost any window and is in the upper right. It looks like a question mark.

Booking reputation and skill apply specifically to the Head Booker position. I think road agents need psychology, respect and reputation, but I'm not positive.

Can somebody help me to better understand 'Freestyle Angles'? I'm trying to use it and set up a big brawl to close my show only to get a note saying that "Nothing Really Happened During This Angle" or whatever it says. Is there something I'm missing? Like a check box to make it a Brawling angle or something? I don't get it.

You're missing the fact that what you think road agents do is incorrect. Road agents (or "producers" if you're Vince) help workers put together matches (and angles in some cases). They don't BOOK anything. There's someone whose job it is to BOOK and that's the head booker (you, if you're running a company).

Here's an example:

Booker says, "Tommy vs Leon, I want Leon to go over strong"

Road agent works with Tommy and Leon (and any managers if applicable) to put together a match that makes Leon come out of it looking stronger than he did before the match occurred. They lay out spots (where and when), figure where to put the hope spot(s), false comebacks, and so forth and then the flow to the finish (and what kind of finish it'll be). This would be an example of a 'scripted' match in TEW terms. If it's 'called in ring', the road agent would just go over bullet points and decide the exact finish (if the booker didn't specify).

Two different roles that can overlap (and have at times historically) but are still two different roles.

Can somebody help me to better understand 'Freestyle Angles'? I'm trying to use it and set up a big brawl to close my show only to get a note saying that "Nothing Really Happened During This Angle" or whatever it says. Is there something I'm missing? Like a check box to make it a Brawling angle or something? I don't get it.

Have someone in the angle rated on something other than fighting or menace or sex appeal.

The in game handbook is available in almost any window and is in the upper right. It looks like a question mark.

Booking reputation and skill apply specifically to the Head Booker position. I think road agents need psychology, respect and reputation, but I'm not positive.

Psychology, Experience, and to a lesser extent Respect.

When booking angles, click on the question mark in the top right to tell you what they can be rated on and what each one means, it’s been overhauled in 2020.

For a brawling angle you should be booking them on fighting, if it’s a beatdown it should be fighting/selling. You really shouldn’t be using Overness anymore unless they’re just standing there doing nothing or walking to the ring to get a cheap pop.

No - create MDB file on options screen of the actual game (just below 'turn to database' on that screen.)

So, this is an actual dream in terms of my ability to analyze the mod, thank you so much! Like, the fact that I can just get an access listing of the CVerse stats to look at how they're distributed is game changing!

Can I actually transfer edits I make into the mod file? Or is this just helpful for analyzing the dataset, and changes still need to be made through the editor?