General Gameplay Questions Thread

Stupid question, but what's the minimum resolution requirement for the game? Looking at possible laptops in a few weeks and hoping to find one that can play the game

According to the GDS website:

Video System: 1366×768 display capable of running 16-bit color of higher.

I hope that's what you were looking for!

<p>So I want one of my workers to take a singles alliance title, but the current holder refuses to work on my company because he had bad morale when he last left. Any way to fix that, or am I just stuck waiting until another company makes him lose it?</p><p> </p><p>

I know there's vacate title and alter champ, but I assume those have penalties for using.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>According to the GDS website:<p> </p><p> Video System: 1366×768 display capable of running 16-bit color of higher.</p><p> </p><p> I hope that's what you were looking for!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yup! Thanks bud! I knew I missed it somehow</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Acamality" data-cite="Acamality" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I want one of my workers to take a singles alliance title, but the current holder refuses to work on my company because he had bad morale when he last left. Any way to fix that, or am I just stuck waiting until another company makes him lose it?<p> </p><p> I know there's vacate title and alter champ, but I assume those have penalties for using.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There isn't a real penalty for using it -- but there is no way to make him work for you until he's ready to work for you.</p>

<p>So, I'm playing as WWE in the pretty awesome 2004 mod. After leaving a lot of people off Mania (just didn't want to book any meaningless crap on the main show, and not sure if booking matches on the pre-show contributes to crowd burnout), the locker room morale took a nosedive. I've done a few hardline stance speeches to improve the behavior and help rebuild the attitude backstage. Problem is Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, and RVD have all walked out. </p><p> </p><p>

Does anyone know how long it will take for them to re-negotiate a new deal with me? They were all low in morale, obviously, with Randy especially being "angry". Is it like a 6 month period, longer? </p><p> </p><p>

-Thanks In Advance</p>

I have bought a company who are already in an alliance. How can I take them out of the alliance as I don’t want them to be a part of it?

You add a second player character to play as the booker of that company and have them leave the alliance and then leave the game as that player. There isn't a way, that I've found, as a player company to make a non-player-run company to leave an alliance.

You add a second player character to play as the booker of that company and have them leave the alliance and then leave the game as that player. There isn't a way, that I've found, as a player company to make a non-player-run company to leave an alliance.

Seems a bit poor that you can’t affect owned companies too much. I’d like to set announcers and perhaps give owner goals to the booker.

Make it a suggestion in the suggestions forum. I'm sure there are people who agree with you and would like to see that added in.

Done. Just bought a failing company in Canada for 7k. I have to get a new roster to agree to work in the UK before I send them back over on developmental. I’m not at Large size yet so can’t hire people from anywhere. I’d rather not have to create a second player to get around it. We can see how much of a ball ache it becomes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do pre-show wins build momentum? I'm trying to get some cooled workers back to neutral but they seem to be getting worse rather than better.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did a search for an answer to this but I didn't see that anyone answered it. Does anyone know? I ask because I have been booking TCW with nine shows a month for three months now and my unimportant workers have not gained momentum at all no matter how many Pre show wins I give them. Most of the guys I am trying to push have had 10-15 wins and no change.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="IternetChicken" data-cite="IternetChicken" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question/suggestion for the mass editor on TEW2020 can you if possible add a feature where a player in the database editor can mass edit workers ages where you can mass edit workers birth year back by 5 or 10 or forward by 5 or 10 or something simmilar.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Suggestions forum is further down the board, you can find it <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=267" rel="external nofollow">here</a>.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LostInWeb" data-cite="LostInWeb" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How can I create an Alter Ego for a worker I have under contract? If I click on the Alter Egos Button in the Profile Page, there's only a textbox saying "Acces Denied - This worker doesn't have any Alter Egos". But there is nothing there, that let's me create one myself.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On your roster, click on their perception. It should bring up their worker details page (where you can assign a manager, etc..). On that page, you can change their name and their picture and when you click save it will ask you if you want to save it as an alter ego. If you choose to save it as one, then they have alter egos.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On your roster, click on their perception. It should bring up their worker details page (where you can assign a manager, etc..). On that page, you can change their name and their picture and when you click save it will ask you if you want to save it as an alter ego. If you choose to save it as one, then they have alter egos.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. I was on that page, but didn't know, that the option to create an Alter Ego comes only with the Save Button. Would have never found it.</p>

If a worker hates me will they ever get over it? Is there anything can do to help that process along? (without using the editor)

If they have formed a negative relationship with you it probably won't ever chang by itself. It could. If they work for you, you can always try to meddle in the relationship on a preshow action but that could backfire.

If they have formed a negative relationship with you it probably won't ever chang by itself. It could. If they work for you, you can always try to meddle in the relationship on a preshow action but that could backfire.

Seems a little odd. I understand why someone would hate me because I went off on him post-show one time but to have given him a pay rise and pushed him to the main event after that would surely count for more. Always thought it was a little too rigid in past iterations of the game. Wasn't sure if you could meddle in your own relationships. Can't make things any worse I suppose (well he could quit)

Could hire their friends and family aswell.

Sadly Nemesis is long dead

When calculating a in-ring performance value for the worker, it depends on the product you have as to what percentage of wrestling/pop is used. What value is used for the pop? Is it just the popularity of the region you are running your show? Or is it an average of the game area if it’s within a certain range?

When calculating a in-ring performance value for the worker, it depends on the product you have as to what percentage of wrestling/pop is used. What value is used for the pop? Is it just the popularity of the region you are running your show? Or is it an average of the game area if it’s within a certain range?

I believe it is a value for the pop of the region you're running the show is -- I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's that as it gives an incentive to use workers who are popular in specific regions.