General Gameplay Questions Thread

Go into the worker’s Skills menu and click on each skill to see how it has progressed over the past year in the game.

Thanks. I already knew this though, just wondered if there was an overview where you could see all changes over time like you have been able to do in previous TEW Games

Might be a dumb question but I spend the longest time trying to work it out but couldn't

How do I set an owner for a 'yet to be opened' company? I know I have to set their opening time from Random to a time before the database begins but the Owner option in the Power Structure section is still greyed out.

How do I set an owner for a 'yet to be opened' company? I know I have to set their opening time from Random to a time before the database begins but the Owner option in the Power Structure section is still greyed out.

You can't directly set an owner in that situation (because they're not open so there's nothing to own). You would set the character you want to create the company as Potential Founder and then set the Founders Are option to either Mandatory or Preferred depending on whether or not you want the company to have the option of opening even if that character is unavailable.

Quick question

I'm playing a 2006 mod with TNA.

I had Shinsuke Nakamura on a handshake deal for around £2,800.

WWE has just signed him from me for around £74,000 a month.

Why is the figure so inflated!? To put this into perspective I have just signed Undertaker, Kane and Kurt Angle all for around £62,000 or less.

Nakamura in the game isn't anywhere near on their level yet???

TEW newbie here - I purchased TEW 2020 2 weeks ago, greatly enjoying the game and Cornellverse so far!

I'm playing a TCW fed and have some questions regarding creating a broadcasting company, as my readthrough of the handbook left me with more questions. When is the best time to create your own broadcasting company to air your programming? Should you wait until your existing major television deals expire? Does airing your weekly tv shows and events on your broadcasting company, when those same shows/events already have cable/tv deals on other broadcasters in that region, prevent your broadcasting company from being profitable? Does airing on one cannibalize viewers on the other?

For example... If I create an internet commercial broadcasting company with Very Big coverage in the US to air TCW Total Wrestling, with ACE already airing the program on cable commercial television with Very Big coverage, what happens if I let the ACE deal expire rather than renewing? Would all the existing US viewership of the show on ACE simply move to the created broadcasting company's broadcast? I understand that I'd be receiving 100% of a smaller revenue number, as opposed to 15% of the larger revenue number on ACE. If the full ACE viewership simply moves to the created broadcasting company's broadcast, then creating the broadcasting company seems like a no-brainer, right?

Thanks in advance.

TEW newbie here - I purchased TEW 2020 2 weeks ago, greatly enjoying the game and Cornellverse so far!

I'm playing a TCW fed and have some questions regarding creating a broadcasting company, as my readthrough of the handbook left me with more questions. When is the best time to create your own broadcasting company to air your programming? Should you wait until your existing major television deals expire? Does airing your weekly tv shows and events on your broadcasting company, when those same shows/events already have cable/tv deals on other broadcasters in that region, prevent your broadcasting company from being profitable? Does airing on one cannibalize viewers on the other?

Someone with a bit more experience or knowledge may have a better answer, but when I took over CWA after playing many years in game as another company, I set up an Internet Subscription Broadcaster to mimic what WWE did with WWE Network for CWA. At the time, CWA had basically only focused on Canada, and popularity in the rest of the world was very low, and would have taken me a long time to build with traditional broadcast deals (or at least I assumed it would) so I set up the Subscription Broadcaster and went with Very Big in Canada, and Big in Japan and the US, as I really wanted to build up my popularity in Japan. I'm currently doing 4.2 million viewers worldwide for my weekly TV show, which I have to imagine is much larger than what I would have been doing with my show only being broadcast in Canada when I took over.

I've kept my PPV to terrestrial PPV broadcaster, so my PPV's aren't included in my subscription service (so as not to have my PPV buys cannibalized by my broadcaster) and the hope is that once my pop is high enough in Japan, US and Mexico, I can get PPV broadcast deals to bring in more eyeballs and more $$. Of course, not having my PPV's broadcast outside of Canada limits how fast I grow in the rest of the world...but it's just how I've decided to play.

So, long story short, you may see a dip initially if/when you drop your current broadcaster and go Internet...but you also may not? Sorry if this is a long winded way of saying 'I'm not sure' but I thought I'd chip in my two cents to see if it helps you make a decision. Good luck!

Does anyone know how the borrow function works in regards to momentum and the like?

I want to make a couple of developmental territories as minor leagues, but then have feature matches of those promotions on my main promotion. Does this cause any problems if I repeatedly borrow workers from those promotions?

Maybe not the right spot for this but I'm sure it'll get an answer either way. Is there a way to mass edit contract start dates? I have a mod I want to move back two months but I can't because 1800 contracts have start dates that start "after" the start of the game. Any quick solution to this?

Maybe not the right spot for this but I'm sure it'll get an answer either way. Is there a way to mass edit contract start dates? I have a mod I want to move back two months but I can't because 1800 contracts have start dates that start "after" the start of the game. Any quick solution to this?

No, but if you send me the database I'll do it quickly for you.

Hey ive been noticing something. I just did a 90 Rated ppv yet my company momentum went from 90 to 82. It happened a couple times only after highly rated events, never after tv shows. I keep editing the momentum back after this happens but it doesnt really make sense as to why this keeps happening.

Hello. I want to book the SWF with a more Attitude era (product settings and a generally more mature feel, not necessarily all the Russoriffic stuff). Also I want to have heroes and villains but I want to be able to have heel vs heel matches. I also envision plenty of grey area characters.

I'd like to be able to do stories where two rival heels or heel stables fight (because they certainly wouldn't all be friends ala 80s family sports entertainment and while they might work together occasionally or have strategic truces they aren't going to just not compete with fellow heels over titles, position, prestige and money).

Question: should I have the face vs heel divide but not enforce it or should I have it turned off entirely?

Thanks!

Note: posted in the SWF thread as well.

Company momentum - is it normal for this to be going down quite often? It’s probably gone down by 1% per week since I started my AEW save. My shows have been gradually getting better ratings etc and things appear to be on the up from the outside so I just wondered why the momentum would be dropping so much? Thanks

Someone with more knowledge about this may have a better answer, but to reply to DK2112 and like2throw, have you checked to see how the 'economy' and 'wrestling industry' are doing in your home region? By clicking the 'globe' icon on the left side of the screen, you can see how both are doing...and if both are low in your home country, that could be a reason why you're seeing a drop in momentum even though you are putting on good shows.

Currently, my economy in Canada is at 0 and falling and the wrestling industry is at 15 and falling. Both are extremely low. My prestige for CWA is still at 100% and has been for a number of months, but my momentum is at 87%, even though I regularly put on 90+ rated TV shows and events.

Something to consider. Again, as I said, it may not be that, but when I saw your posts it was the first thing I thought of. And from a 'real life' perspective, with an economy in shambles, and an overall interest in the wrestling industry going down or at a 'low' point, it would make sense that the best you'd be able to do is minimize how much of a hit your company takes. You'd be extremely hard pressed to 'grow' your company during this time, especially if the 'wrestling industry' is hurting. Just my two cents.

edit: Another thing that might explain the drop is how long you've been playing...or how 'old' the company is. If you've only Owned or Booked the company for a short period, your momentum swings, in conjunction with the 'wrestling industry', might be greater than if you've been running the company for 5-10 years, for example. Once you've been running it for a while, and consistently putting out a highly rated product, you might see a smaller drop/gain in your momentum swings? Just spit-balling ideas.

So, in my save file, I am playing AEW then IMPACT decided to loan Jericho via Alliance Loan, and annoyingly, they just gonna bury him by losing to Sam Beale with under 20 pop and average skill. Is there any way to prevent AI from burying your loaned star? Because its not only once but happened several times and my stars are losing pop because of this.

Hello. I want to book the SWF with a more Attitude era (product settings and a generally more mature feel, not necessarily all the Russoriffic stuff). Also I want to have heroes and villains but I want to be able to have heel vs heel matches. I also envision plenty of grey area characters.

I'd like to be able to do stories where two rival heels or heel stables fight (because they certainly wouldn't all be friends ala 80s family sports entertainment and while they might work together occasionally or have strategic truces they aren't going to just not compete with fellow heels over titles, position, prestige and money).

Question: should I have the face vs heel divide but not enforce it or should I have it turned off entirely?

Thanks!

Note: posted in the SWF thread as well.

I ran about 7 years of my Local to Global with the face heel divide turned off. I kept track of the faces in heels in my head and made sure to book fairly realistically. Recently I switched to a loosely enforced face heel divide to add a bit more challenge and realism.

Mainly things are exactly the same as when I had the divide off entirely. The game will penalize you if you have a face manager with a heel worker or vice versa, so if that's something you see yourself doing and you'd like that not to happen you should take it into consideration.

I think the most major difference is that now there's a penalty for heel vs. heel and face vs. face matches. This means that if I want to get a 100 rated match it has to face vs. heel (unless I'm mistaken about that, but I believe that's true). I sort of like that because typically the best stories/matches are the ones that have a good guy and a bad guy, but depending on the type of promotion you're running and the type of stories you like to do you may not see that penalty as being realistic. It's really a matter of personal preference.

Hope that helps!

So, in my save file, I am playing AEW then IMPACT decided to loan Jericho via Alliance Loan, and annoyingly, they just gonna bury him by losing to Sam Beale with under 20 pop and average skill. Is there any way to prevent AI from burying your loaned star? Because its not only once but happened several times and my stars are losing pop because of this.

Expel Impact from the alliance. How is the relationship benefitting you? I think that's something they have faced in real life. Yeah, it's a cool idea for fans to have a perception of all these promotions "working together." But at the same time, it might expose that your champion is not as big of a draw as you thought he was. Or some other unexpected hypothetical consequence like having one of your stars counting the lights.