General Gameplay Questions Thread

13 hours ago, Antonin said:

@Sentinel79 - Thank you.  I will see if the videos will help me. At the moment I'm making no progress in understanding some basic concepts, even though I seem to have run one TV event.

I am trying to run another TV event and have pre-booked several matches for it. But when I try to actually run the event, I get a message saying I cannot run an event for which I have booked no matches. How can that be? Sorry for the dumb questions.

Are you in the booking stage of the card or do you have a problem to advance to the event? If you´re in the booking stage, have you added the matches that you want to have and the outcomes of the matches and added the angles?

I think watching a few of these videos will help you tremendously.

Edited by Sentinel79

On 3/17/2023 at 11:04 AM, Bobby Brown said:

yeah, that is very sad. 
and is it right, that a company can only be in one alliance? 

Yes. You can only be in the one.

I would offer the following regarding alliance tournaments, though. You could always promote a show using Alliance Loans or Talent Trades (or both) and award an Alliance title of some sort (I'm thinking of the Crockett Cups or either of the big tournaments to award the vacant NWA World Heavyweight title back in the 1990's).

It technically wouldn't be an Alliance tournament, but it would be, too.

St.T

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, St. Templar said:

I would offer the following regarding alliance tournaments, though. You could always promote a show using Alliance Loans or Talent Trades (or both) and award an Alliance title of some sort (I'm thinking of the Crockett Cups or either of the big tournaments to award the vacant NWA World Heavyweight title back in the 1990's).

St.T

That's how I've booked Alliance tournaments in the past.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, St. Templar said:

St.T

yeah, that's the way to go! 
i was hoping for a way to get alliance tournaments directly into the editor.
so other alliances and companies would do them, too ... you just have to accept the limitations! 🙃

On 3/14/2023 at 8:06 PM, GreenHammock said:

Hey All, hoping for some help please. I have started an Effganic game and probably about 70% of the promotions have no owner or no booker and they just go on cancelling shows. Is there a way to fix this??

It's a bit tedious but you can add a player, pick a character you want to be the new owner and take over. Then leave the game.

Trying to set up a scenario where a company is buyable by another company within a certain amount of time. I know 3 months of financial loss and no TV deal are two of the requirements for a hostile takeover, but what specific things extend this and by how much?

Company being older than 10 years I believe is one, but how much does that add.

What about prestige/momentum, does that affect anything?

How much does owner personality affect and by how much?

I'm aiming for a minimum neutral relationship between companies, but would one stage of dislike make things significantly worse? Again, by how much?

Would really appreciate any assistance people can give on this one.

Edited by benjirino

On 4/2/2023 at 4:44 PM, benjirino said:

Trying to set up a scenario where a company is buyable by another company within a certain amount of time. I know 3 months of financial loss and no TV deal are two of the requirements for a hostile takeover, but what specific things extend this and by how much?

Company being older than 10 years I believe is one, but how much does that add.

What about prestige/momentum, does that affect anything?

How much does owner personality affect and by how much?

I'm aiming for a minimum neutral relationship between companies, but would one stage of dislike make things significantly worse? Again, by how much?

Would really appreciate any assistance people can give on this one.

Well I know some persona types are stubborn and will never sell up. They'd let the company fold into debts. If your promotion is at war with that promotion it will take longer.

The size of the failing promotion is a big factor into how long they can be in the red before being willing to sell. I think most medium sized and larger promotions can withstand 3 months of being in the red. More likely to end being between 6-12 months if the promotion is a major one.

I didn't realize TV deals played a factor.

• Thanks 1

Ah, one factor I have overlooked is definitely personality. I looked into business approach being open and that didn't work, but personality will almost certainly be a factor so that definitely helps, thanks. If you or anyone else has any other insights I may not have thought of (or more intricate details on this particular element) I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Something happened between my shows, my entire roster got downgraded from an average of 'well known' to an average of barely 'recognizable'. Wrestlers that were stars are now recognizable! Wrestlers that were slightly below well known are now unimportantI don't know what would have caused this. Does anyone know?

On 4/17/2023 at 9:36 PM, mdycnt said:

Something happened between my shows, my entire roster got downgraded from an average of 'well known' to an average of barely 'recognizable'. Wrestlers that were stars are now recognizable! Wrestlers that were slightly below well known are now unimportantI don't know what would have caused this. Does anyone know?

Your company went up a size level.

On 4/21/2023 at 8:58 AM, Sharkn20 said:

Inside product:

"Major matches will be penalised if they don't have an associate storyline"

What are considered major matches? Is it the position on the card, if so, which ones? Or the wrestlers involved being Stars / Major Stars?

Thanks in advance.

My guess would be ones that involve stars and major stars - I would often get warnings that the audience expected a longer match with stars or major stars, even if they were in a throwaway bout in the middle of a card.

You can disable strict storylines in the in-game settings if you'd like. Though for some companies I think it keeps things more legitimate. Generally a storyline per title + one or two for the non-champion stars works.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of restarting WWE Superstars as a B-show with little to no storylines, and random match-ups (literally, I'm going to use a randomizer with every wrestlers name in it). Therefore, I have a few questions about the idea:

• Is there any way I could also bring up champions from the dev companies to defend their title, without vacating said titles there or putting the developmental titles as alliance titles ?
  • Would the workers called up for that show, or even local jobbers hired for the night, gain popularity from it, or is it reserved to full-time members of the roster ?
  • If I had someone massively popular be drawn for a match against someone from NXT, and decided that the NXT person needed to win, would there be risks for the popular main roster worker to be annoyed at the loss, or would they be more ok with it because it's only a B-show ? Would it only depends on their attributes or their status in the main roster ?
  • Would there be any downsides to having a title change there (not that I intend to do it often, but the 24/7 championship is still a thing in my save) ?

• 4 weeks later...

How do you get to Titanic? 

image.png.3a9010a62457b276a5f6ce6b9d49df8d.pngIt feels like I'm so close. I've got The US, Mexico, Canada and the British Isles all over 77 in every game area... Japan, India and Europe are coming on strong but a ways from 77... then there's Oceana. 

USPW is huge in Australia but those Tasmanian devils aren't moving an inch. I've got BIG coverage through Reverie in Tasmania but... image.png.efa69160f361863233b11a50765c4e98.png

Is this some kind of glitch or what? It seems weird every other region has grown 18 points in 6 months and Tasmania hasn't budged an inch. 

Is there someplace we can see the history of shows and wrestler ratings, like a Top 100 list for the entire universe?  Right now, I can only seem to find this by digging through each company.  I know there's end of year awards, but was looking for an all-time list, or maybe current year list.

9 hours ago, ShikariFC said:

ive just had a main event singles match, one guy got an in ring performance of 86, the other 84 but the match rating was 72? 

ive gone through the dirt sheet tab and its all just bonus theres no penalties at all? any ideas? 

Lower popularity for the wrestlers most likely. Depending on the product a certain percentage of the segment score is from the wrestler's popularity. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this is doing my tree in now. 

Doing a TCW 2020 game. Every TV main event and every PPV main event gets 80/83. Midcard matches get as high as 91 but i move that same match to the main event and it drops like a stone. Not edd. 

My Psycho Circus Hawkins vs Jay main event got 80. Both guys got 97 performance. And it was a hot storyline.

Why is this? What can i do? 

I do get announcer dings sometimes so i hired Cornish and Prieto. Their chemistry isnt great yet and i get penalised for it but why is it the main event matches? Does the popularity of the wrestlers overwhelm the announcers? 

Any help would be so very greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,