• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a save I am doing with a friend I am playing as TCW, and he is playing as MAW.

We are doing a lot of the creative work together, I tell him who to push basically and he decides how to give them that push.

The one thing I decided on fully gimmick wise however is the dark stable known as The Dark Watchers (yes fully aware im ripping the IPW stable off, but I love the stable logo so much). With Vengeance as its leader (he agreed to become a manager), and Aldous Blackfire working as Aldous Caedes second in command, claiming to be The Antichrist. Some other great members too from Hell's Bouncer working as Hell Beast, Vortex working as Vertex, Samael The Accuser working as The Accuser and Spider Isako working as Sister Isako. I am so excited to see what my friend does with them!

8mdieRN.jpg?1

<p>One of the things that intrigue me is how often TCW will be sending down wrestlers. Will it be a good flow or will it stay at the original 6?</p><p> </p><p>

There are also some key decisions that have to be made quickly for you as MAW. Straight away your face heel ratio is fully off. You either have to turn some people and at least for the game I started, every heel was either turned recently or better as a heel except Ade Nelson. So do you hire a bunch of people or turn some people to their weaker disposition.</p><p> </p><p>

Also in March Wrestleworld opens up. Did some looking at it today and you have to increase your production budget a whole bunch but do you take the hit in order to get you events and even maybe a tv show on the air? Do you eat a lost on money for a few months to get that added exposure?</p>

So, historically speaking, does the champion participate in the RCI? I would assume so, but I'm new to MAW.

I've always had the MAW champion take on the COTT champ at the RCI and used the tournament to set up my year feud for the champion.

The first year of 2016 was always the exception because Remus was injured at the RCI so couldn't compete but him v gauge was always the way to go at the start.

I was a big fan of MAW in '16 and I've loved getting to grips with the new roster, especially with the balance of home growns and TCW trainees.

They upper midcard from '16 have become the de facto main eventers after the loss of Gauge, Wolfe and The Dynamite Express. With The Architect leaving after the Rip Chord Invitational in my save, I've got to elevate some midcarders quickly to help out Blaze, Cheetah Boy & Fforde at the top of the card.

Some storyline ideas from my first game:

I'm using the feud between Fforde and Josh Jacobs to elevate JJ to the point where he can be Blaze's next challenger.

Ade Nelson has turned face and is playing a "Loveable Idiot" character, feuding with Copperhead after mistaking him for Jacobs and "breaking up" their non-existent tag team.

I brought in a manager as a mouthpiece for Trix Triumph, who is blaming the TCW imports for his lack of MAW success and tearing through the Young Lions to get to Jaylon Martins and his American Championship.

Jonah Pilgrim is floundering without The Architect to back him up and is taking on The Heartbreak Express solo, stuck in an endlessly futile quest to find a new big brother to leech off.

Finally, Seth & Harvey are pursuing DeMarcus & Gray's tag belts, with the storyline being that the TCW boys are the better wrestlers, but can't shelve their egos for long enough to work together and win as a team.

Such a fun little promotion with lots of work to do to build new stars out of the gate, but a tonne of potential in their young roster.

I was a big fan of MAW in '16 and I've loved getting to grips with the new roster, especially with the balance of home growns and TCW trainees.

They upper midcard from '16 have become the de facto main eventers after the loss of Gauge, Wolfe and The Dynamite Express. With The Architect leaving after the Rip Chord Invitational in my save, I've got to elevate some midcarders quickly to help out Blaze, Cheetah Boy & Fforde at the top of the card.

Some storyline ideas from my first game:

I'm using the feud between Fforde and Josh Jacobs to elevate JJ to the point where he can be Blaze's next challenger.

Ade Nelson has turned face and is playing a "Loveable Idiot" character, feuding with Copperhead after mistaking him for Jacobs and "breaking up" their non-existent tag team.

I brought in a manager as a mouthpiece for Trix Triumph, who is blaming the TCW imports for his lack of MAW success and tearing through the Young Lions to get to Jaylon Martins and his American Championship.

Jonah Pilgrim is floundering without The Architect to back him up and is taking on The Heartbreak Express solo, stuck in an endlessly futile quest to find a new big brother to leech off.

Finally, Seth & Harvey are pursuing DeMarcus & Gray's tag belts, with the storyline being that the TCW boys are the better wrestlers, but can't shelve their egos for long enough to work together and win as a team.

Such a fun little promotion with lots of work to do to build new stars out of the gate, but a tonne of potential in their young roster.

Wow!! Those are just some incredible ideas!! I'm gonna borrow a few if you don't mind ;). Never thought about the TCW guys being like outsiders tbh, sounds a great idea.

Wow!! Those are just some incredible ideas!! I'm gonna borrow a few if you don't mind ;). Never thought about the TCW guys being like outsiders tbh, sounds a great idea.

Borrow away :D ! A few people on the forums seemed to dislike MAW losing some of it's "independence" so I figured it wasn't too much of a stretch to imagine one of the MAW originals feeling the same. I'm in love with Trix's new render so I wanted to make him the centrepiece of a hot storyline straight out of the gate. I have big plans for The Past Masters down the line too, their entertainment skills make them potential studs in the future. I noticed the Sam Keith Classic has been won by a succession of teams from outside the company recently, so I like the idea of them being the ones to finally "bring the title home" to MAW.

When the game releases and I'm able to continue my save, I'm thinking of trying to get a WrestleWorld deal, but is it viable? I would have to increase to House music which would cost 10k a month. Is it even possible to make enough profit even with having the broadcasting deal to cover that? Or would I be better to wait until I know I'm making profit enough? I'm currently trying to run a weekly show along with the big show every month to try to grow. Would I be better off to just run once or twice a month if I wanted to make enough to cover the deal?

The great thing about MAW this go around is that they're in prime position to run a lot of shows from the start. Last edition, it was a bit of a challenge to start making money for me, but this time money is coming easy. My first game I ran just the standard shows and made a good profit. The second one, I added a second monthly show which typically took a while to build up to with a profit, and I still netted around 2k. Finally, I started a third game and started running weekly events in addition to the regular monthly one and I only lost around $1800, and I'm booking around 25+ workers on every show.

I'm interested to see how a tv deal with the I do broadcaster that opens up in March will go, because I'm predicting some very fast growth for MAW this go around!

How has Jaylon Martins been in the company for nearly two years and is "Unimportant" with 10 popularity? That doesn't seem balanced at all.

I've head canoned it as the traditionalist MAW fans turning against the influx of TCW guys coming in and instantly being pushed beyond their abilities, such as Martins being a champion despite not being very good in the ring, or Whitehead and Robbinsfield being former tag champs even though they were just thrown together.

<p>I'm brand new to TEW so was looking for a small company to run in order to help me get to grips with things - and I've fallen in love with MAW!</p><p> </p><p>

The big things I've done so far that have worked was book a weekly 1hr event I call MAW Heatwave (mainly because there was a logo for Summer Heatwave already), which has enabled me to build good momentum for the bigger events.</p><p> </p><p>

Turned Lisa Bowen heel and had her betray the Heartbreaks and align herself with The Architect who I'm priming for a big push. He's left Jonah high and dry and is going into a program with Miller Fforde post Rip Chrod Invitatonal.</p><p> </p><p>

So far, really enjoying it, just waiting to see if anyone gets sent down to us for development.</p><p> </p><p>

Would love any hints on other people to focus on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47577" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think MAW is in a rebuild, yes, but that's normal for them. They went through a boom period where they had Vessey and Valentine and O'Farraday and Chord and Starr and had all those guys leave, then they had Gauge and Remus and Wolfe and the Dynamite Express and now all those guys have left and they are rebuilding once more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's the whole gimmick of the company. They develop high work rate talent and ship it off. The deal with TCW makes a lot of sense for them as a lot of the talent they produce naturally fits there or Japan. Nothing about the deal hurts MAW, and TCW gets to develop young guys that Keith can do business with it's a win-win.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="calg" data-cite="calg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47577" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm brand new to TEW so was looking for a small company to run in order to help me get to grips with things - and I've fallen in love with MAW!<p> </p><p> The big things I've done so far that have worked was book a weekly 1hr event I call MAW Heatwave (mainly because there was a logo for Summer Heatwave already), which has enabled me to build good momentum for the bigger events.</p><p> </p><p> Turned Lisa Bowen heel and had her betray the Heartbreaks and align herself with The Architect who I'm priming for a big push. He's left Jonah high and dry and is going into a program with Miller Fforde post Rip Chrod Invitatonal.</p><p> </p><p> So far, really enjoying it, just waiting to see if anyone gets sent down to us for development.</p><p> </p><p> Would love any hints on other people to focus on.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The People who became good last game (Architect, Blaze) are now already there. Fforde has improved a lot it seems so id focus a lot on him. Ade Nelson also seems too be doing better then he did in 16, so Id say look at him.</p>

What's the difference in booking this product to say, an ROH real life counterpart? How does the 70s influence play a factor other than the western and wacky themes? I've always had an idea, but just wondering if somebody could break down the spirit of MAW for me. I've always enjoyed the name, graphics and themes but booking an heavily old school influenced promotion in modern day whilst trying to take my save seriously has always scared me away from Mid Atlantic a little bit.

What's the difference in booking this product to say, an ROH real life counterpart? How does the 70s influence play a factor other than the western and wacky themes? I've always had an idea, but just wondering if somebody could break down the spirit of MAW for me. I've always enjoyed the name, graphics and themes but booking an heavily old school influenced promotion in modern day whilst trying to take my save seriously has always scared me away from Mid Atlantic a little bit.

The thing about MAW, although it maybe isn't as prevalent in 2020 as it was in 2016 is they shy away from what I'd call Indie-riffic wrestling. ROH has always featured a lot of those more high, flying guys but in 2016 MAW was set up so Aerial skills were much less effective.

The in-ring philosophy has always tended to favour brawlers and technicians, while ROH featured that high flying and puro influence.

Then the business philosophy differs in that, once a guy reaches his ceiling in MAW he's let go without any real struggle as the company is dedicated to producing good young talent and not with making it big. Whereas ROH once upon a time did have ideas of being the number 2 in the US and were crippled by losing their big names, because they got lucky with a golden generation moreso I feel than they had always planned to have a cyclical business model from the start.

I dont think the 70s influence is meant to be with regards to Wacky Themes. Personally I always took it as MAW having very straight forward simple booking. Theres actually not a lot of wacky stuff going on but characters get a bit more freedom to be charismatic with promos & occasional interviews. I took it very much like EVOLVE around '17 with a bit less creativity in angles.

50c0c4cf347e9fe3d002dac1f4bb1598.png

I dont watch a lot of older school wrestling but the product very much aligns with my tastes. A hint of showmanship/character work but a large focus on the in ring story and rivalries.

It probably isnt far off from ROH in the 00s.

I think the biggest difference is the lack of Japanese influence that flooded the scene in the 2000s at the height of tape trading and beyond into the internet age. I could agree with Catchpoint era EVOLVE where all of the top guys were really good technical wrestlers, but it didn’t get into the Japanese style of head drops or near falls too much.

I dont think the 70s influence is meant to be with regards to Wacky Themes. Personally I always took it as MAW having very straight forward simple booking. Theres actually not a lot of wacky stuff going on but characters get a bit more freedom to be charismatic with promos & occasional interviews. I took it very much like EVOLVE around '17 with a bit less creativity in angles.

50c0c4cf347e9fe3d002dac1f4bb1598.png

I dont watch a lot of older school wrestling but the product very much aligns with my tastes. A hint of showmanship/character work but a large focus on the in ring story and rivalries.

It probably isnt far off from ROH in the 00s.

Perhaps wacky wasn't the right word. It's definitely not what I meant. I was thinking more, uh, dated pop cultural ideas? But thanks for summary, appreciate it! Big fan of 2003-2006 Ring of Honors in-ring product but have always felt like their lack of off-the-wall larger than life gimmicks have kept me from running any interesting long term saves. MAW might be just what I've been looking for :)

One of the things that intrigue me is how often TCW will be sending down wrestlers. Will it be a good flow or will it stay at the original 6?

I am guessing there will be a good flow, as I was offered six completely raw wrestlers to take on in March 2020. I ended up agreeing to five of them (one was a very negative personality).

I am guessing there will be a good flow, as I was offered six completely raw wrestlers to take on in March 2020. I ended up agreeing to five of them (one was a very negative personality).

My guess is it’s going to be every March. I don’t foresee TCW signing a lot of guys to developmental — but I can see them sending their dojo graduates down every year. I’m just curious to how frequently they will call people up!