Public Beta Reaction Thread

yes, it seems like a functional skin for testing. the new paint of coat would be added once the engine is good to go. I'm still hoping for the swerve, bro.

Yeah, my hope is legit that they outsourced the UI out to some other guys who are just a couple days late on it. I don't think that's how software works, but oh well. This looks like it was made to work on a widescreen resolution, but without actually using any of that extra space.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The separators, or alternating coloured lines, are definitely needed, and that muted approach works much better. Within some of the screens having white text very closely boarded by 2px white lines makes reading the screen very harsh on the eyes. Some of the current screens can cause me to have 'eye floaters' and I have to look away from the screen for a short while before continuing. To be honest I feel like this is definitely something that should have been picked up on during testing, but I am assuming you were the only UI/GFX designer in the testing pool?

Idolized, I totally understand how a lot of the feedback this past few days can feel like a personal attack on yourself, especially when the negatives can feel like they far outweigh the positives, but most people will know that the screens were built around the limitations given to you by Adam. I very much doubt you had much input on font size and placements (for the most part) and were just doing as you asked. Without sounding arrogant, feel free to drop me a PM at any time to bounce ideas off if you need a sounding board. I have been developing software and graphic designing for close to 20 years, so please feel free to reach out at any time. Have a good weekend.

This is what we need more of at the moment. Big props. Hope you can find a way to help.

On Friday I posted in tech support about a bug involving workers names. Even after changing my workers names and them being right in the roster and booker screens, it would revert back to the workers original names in match results and history. I posted pictures to prove the issue and someone else even posted agreeing it was an issue.

Well the post has since been deleted from tech support and there’s nothing posted regarding a fix in the patch notes. As I can’t play for awhile can anyone say if this has been fixed or explain to me why my post was deleted without any response??? Thanks

Possibly this line in the patch notes?

"In certain combinations, a worker could display a name / picture from a different company's contract"

I'm not a long-time player (my first version was 2016, and I only got it last year), so I probably have different expectations from others, but overall, I am happy with this version. There's a few things I am not super-keen on (selecting match type seems overly fiddly, for example), but the more I dig into things, the more I'm enjoying the greater depth of options. I'm looking forward to getting to a play a full game soon, and I might go back to 16 this coming week primarily because I want to advance more than 2 months.

It's not perfect, and it feels oddly like there aren't enough promotions right now (compared to pre-Covid real world) but once I got use to "oh, that's where this is now" I'm looking forward to playing as several companies.

I'm using a different skin, and I find a lot of the information a lot less intimidating and I'm able to find the features a lot easier to handle. I'm not sure whether I'm just a bit more used to it, but the fact that I have to scroll more on this version without my mouses scroller feels a lot less of an issue.

I played through 2 months with PPUK (97 mod) and I'm looking forward to playing the full game through when I can.

I still dislike parts of the UI, most of what's been said here re: colours and lack of scroll/keyboard support. It feels odd to me that a game in 2020 has these issues. Other than that though I haven't hit anything I really hate about the game, and there's a lot more to love. I adore the new push system, for example. There's bits like relationships, devs and broadcasting that I can't get hugely into because of the company I'm with, but they look like good improvements. I also like the merch section now and feel I'll do a lot more with it.

Having talking to workers back is a good move as well.

Product screen is OK with me, I wish there was some customisation of the products allowed, but eh. I also wish I could shift the 'core product' if I own the company, but I don't see the option to do that.

Something that I hope Adam could make tweak in an update would be for the ability to select the winner on the main booking screen. I dislike clicking the road agent note to select the winner. I'm very hands off with road agent notes unless it is a pay per view but for television shows, I always pick a winner. I wouldn't mind for that to be quicker.

<p>I'm doing the 2004 ruthless aggression mod. I'm trying to sign some young guys to fill my developmental company up with some young talent and even though I say your search up for guys 25 years or younger, I'm getting deceased wrestlers in it.</p><p> </p><p>

Curt Henning, andre, Davey boy are all in the list.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Something that I hope Adam could make tweak in an update would be for the ability to select the winner on the main booking screen. I dislike clicking the road agent note to select the winner. I'm very hands off with road agent notes unless it is a pay per view but for television shows, I always pick a winner. I wouldn't mind for that to be quicker.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I 100% Agree with you on that.</p>

Small ask for a niche of a niche, but being partially colour-blind and having a slight stigmatism, the thin bright red font on a black background can be almost impossible for me to read. In lieu of more radical changes, at the very least a white border around the font would be nice.

<p>Block Taping question:</p><p> </p><p>

Lets say I schedule the tapings to happens a Thursday. I would block tape 4 shows at a time.</p><p> </p><p>

If all my workers are available on that date, will I be able to book them all for all 4 shows, or the games checks if the worker is unavailable on Air time so it'll make him unavailable for certain tapings?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm doing the 2004 ruthless aggression mod. I'm trying to sign some young guys to fill my developmental company up with some young talent and even though I say your search up for guys 25 years or younger, I'm getting deceased wrestlers in it.<p> </p><p> Curt Henning, andre, Davey boy are all in the list.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm playing in the Cverse and am having the same issue, so it must be a glitch. Luckily for now we can just sort by status "active wrestler" to knock them off the list.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sagittary" data-cite="sagittary" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Small ask for a niche of a niche, but being partially colour-blind and having a slight stigmatism, the thin bright red font on a black background can be almost impossible for me to read. In lieu of more radical changes, at the very least a white border around the font would be nice.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not sure if you're aware of this and just making Adam know of a hue issue but you can turn colored text off in the settings!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pat666" data-cite="pat666" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Block Taping question:<p> </p><p> Lets say I schedule the tapings to happens a Thursday. I would block tape 4 shows at a time.</p><p> </p><p> If all my workers are available on that date, will I be able to book them all for all 4 shows, or the games checks if the worker is unavailable on Air time so it'll make him unavailable for certain tapings?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You will be able to use all of the talent that is available on the day that you are running the show, regardless of whether or not they are working elsewhere on the day the show airs.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Something that I hope Adam could make tweak in an update would be for the ability to select the winner on the main booking screen. I dislike clicking the road agent note to select the winner. I'm very hands off with road agent notes unless it is a pay per view but for television shows, I always pick a winner. I wouldn't mind for that to be quicker.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That’s a great idea, half the time I don’t pick a winner because I don’t feel like doing the extra clicking.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CPBHBK" data-cite="CPBHBK" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I really wanna be able to scroll with the keyboard arrows and be able to press j to people who’s first name start with j.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can do this in the workers screen but not the roster screen.</p>

<p>I started a 21CW game, my very first event..............you cannot continue, you have incidents. Trying to figure out what those incidents are...................20 minutes later. Still cannot continue and other than some workers and road agents being over used, i cannot figure it out.</p><p> </p><p>

5 minutes later...................i found it. You have to go back to the overview. I think this should be done automatic. In other words taking you to where the incident is, not you having to dig and find the thing.</p>

<p>I'm inclined to like it so far. It isn't perfect and while certainly different, I think I can enjoy it.</p><p> </p><p>

Though I have to question some of the play testers giving honest feedback to Adam. I feel like there could have been serious improvements to the UI among other things.</p><p> </p><p>

A simple fix I would suggest is somehow making it easier access to select a winner in the match screen, just to save some clicks. Other road agent notes, sure fine, but if I want to leave all else alone it'd be nice to be able to quickly select a winner.</p><p> </p><p>

But I feel like this game can and will be improved over time based on feedback.</p>

Hi everyone, just noticed something on the products; for the "Wrestling Nerd Nirvana", it says that cinematic style matches are heavily penalised. I think this is somewhat weird, i mean it's a product for "smarts", and I don't think they would hate watching cinematic matches.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Capelli King" data-cite="Capelli King" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I started a 21CW game, my very first event..............you cannot continue, you have incidents. Trying to figure out what those incidents are...................20 minutes later. Still cannot continue and other than some workers and road agents being over used, i cannot figure it out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They mean backstage incidents. Go to the first screen of the booking. Bottom of the screen your backstage incidents bar should be lit up.</p>