Public Beta Reaction Thread

We are in agreement here. The good news is, the nature of these problems seem entirely fixable.

I'd like to think we've all come to terms with the concept changes but the execution has been flawed and is like you said, fixable. I've got a good gut feeling about the final release (plus first month of patches) and I believe we'll all look back at this thread fondly a few months down the line. Adam clearly knows and has described what the issues are and he's a pro at chipping away until the community is happy.

I'm off to get all my top teeth knocked out tomorrow and replaced with falsies (I'm only 25 too! It's a long story) so I'm going to be away from the forum for just over a week recovering so hopefully by the time I get back to my computer the beta is considerably more stable. That being said, I haven't run a show since patch two. Hope you all continue to test and report at the rate we've been going! Fingers crossed for development health :-) It's been a rough year for all of us and this game is a glimmer of hope still.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to products, perhaps a compromise could be had wherein it will be possible to add new product types and tweak existing ones in the editor, pre-game? In case it would require too add it as an ingame feature.

As long as the only in-game exception is you can create your own product if you start your own promotion mid-save. Because that makes sense.

I don't think players should be able to edit other companies products or permanently change the pre-set products. And they shouldn't be able to mess with the product if they're not the owner of the company.

<p>Anxiety...</p><p> </p><p>

So far I'm really struggling heavily with this new UI. I love the ideas and new concepts put into this game, but the UI has literally started to make me NOT want to play at all. It's very frustrating....like, almost every little thing I have to do. I know a lot has been mentioned here about scrolling etc.....to that...I miss being able to just use my mouse. I don't want to HAVE to type in numbers.</p><p> </p><p>

On top of that.....so many things are just a nightmare to find....sometimes even after I've found it before. So many menus are hidden behind other menus. Just finding the simplest things takes a lot of searching sometimes.</p><p> </p><p>

The idea was the make less clicks, but tbh everything still takes a ton of useless clicks to do.....especially when you add in the searching around just to find it. I understand some of that has to do with not knowing the platform yet, but the old UI was way easir to pick up and understand. AND when you got lost in it, you could easily find yourself again. Not this.</p><p> </p><p>

I really hope all of this can be fixed.....but I don't know. I feel like this was such a massive step in a certain direction that I really don't like....I just hope it isn't asking too much to have them come back from that. We shall see. I'll keep drudging on for a couple days to see what happens, but so far it's really pushing me away or at least back to 2016.</p>

First of all I am shocked to read the statement by Genadi. Those of us who have been (at times more active than not) here for 15 years plus are of course familiar with the regulars. It makes me sad to think those two points you raised would cause you to pass on 15 years of community, continuity and dedication. Are they truly such dealbreakers or was it a case of your concerns really coming to a boil with you? I hope your concerns can be addressed where they can be, but if they cant, and I have seen that the UI is a major gripe for many but it appears that it cannot be undone (dont kill me folks, maybe I'm mistaken but I think i read that Adam said it's not possible/realistic. I dont want to misquote him though so if I'm wrong it's on me and I apologize.) I hope you will continue on Genadi you are a true GDS superstar.

Now. Comedy matches. My God. I hate comedy matches but whatever this isnt about personal preferences I guess. I cant believe the business has evolved to this where were debating comedy matches here but it is what it is. Well let me ask. Dont you guys think that the comedy of comedy matches are rated and reviewed on just how funny they are? For example when someone throws an invisible grenade isnt the crowd reaction based on the supposed hilarity of the spot as opposed to how well the guys are selling this..... "move" so to speak? Idk I think TEW is a pro wrestling simulator, rating pro wrestling booking... unless you add categories specifically to rate comedy and workers abilities to be funny (I e. Goldberg wearing a wig was supposed to, I THINK, be funny but it has become one of the most infamous things in wrestling) execute funny effectively.... a demographics receptiveness to funniness.... that is also era sensitive... its alot of additional stuff and I dont know that comedy is such an important thing that it's worth it this is not a stand up simulator. I dont know. I guess I'm out of touch

Are they truly such dealbreakers or was it a case of your concerns really coming to a boil with you?

I am not a forum regular. I have been playing GDS's games (mostly TEW but also Comic Book and WMMA) since I was a teenager, since EWR. I have been a very happy customer and supporter of GDS for a very long time.

But I am in the same boat as Genadi. While I think I can learn to use the UI with some complaints here and there, the custom products is my hill and I will die on it. I am keeping up with the development of 2020, and I test it every night and submit any bugs and crashes I find, but once the game fully releases, if the UI and the product situations aren't addressed and hopefully rectified, I too will probably have to pass on this game.

I really hope it's not the case, but I know several other posters have agreed with us in the past 100 pages of this topic and on other threads in the forums. So I understand where Genadi is coming from completely.

I have to say after spending more and more time in the editor doing my mod im getting more and more used to it and I feel it works great.. only thing I'd like is sliders for stats come back so it is easier to alter them.. other than that although I was put off initially I now love everything being in drop down rather than how it was on 2016

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that making massive changes to the booking position of a match or angle on the card isn't the most annoying thing I've ever done.

I really dislike having to tap the up button. Then look up or down to tap the next mouse button to move a match/angle.

After last patch #6 i tried booking an ACPW show because the list said that the vocal crowd note was altered. Less workers get the note but it is still strange. At the moment seems to me that young lions are "excluded" from getting this note, but a lot of stars get the note.

I think it should be tweaked again and lower the cap on the key skills, maybe at 60 instead of 70.

I am not a forum regular. I have been playing GDS's games (mostly TEW but also Comic Book and WMMA) since I was a teenager, since EWR. I have been a very happy customer and supporter of GDS for a very long time.

But I am in the same boat as Genadi. While I think I can learn to use the UI with some complaints here and there, the custom products is my hill and I will die on it. I am keeping up with the development of 2020, and I test it every night and submit any bugs and crashes I find, but once the game fully releases, if the UI and the product situations aren't addressed and hopefully rectified, I too will probably have to pass on this game.

I really hope it's not the case, but I know several other posters have agreed with us in the past 100 pages of this topic and on other threads in the forums. So I understand where Genadi is coming from completely.

I agree with Genadi. The UI is a dealbreaker for me as well. It's just not fun to play. Adam promised a game that was more intuitive and less clicks. This is...not that.

Just for balance, I have to say that I'm really loving the game and am getting more and more into the UI the more I play. I went back to 2016 for a network game i'm in the middle of and found it too basic and simplistic having spent a bit of time with the new game.

I understand people's disappointment with the lack of customisable products but for me it's not a game breaker. There's still so much possible customisation within the game and a huge amount of possible product settings.

It's impossible to please everyone, of course, but just wanted to register that I'm absolutely delighted with the game and can't wait to be able to move past Feb to really get the benefit of the brilliant new features.

Agreed.

If I can give an example: Doink the Clown in the 90s in WWE - WWF. Ok, you can't get more comedy gimmicky than that really. While it is a sure fire comedy gimmick, Doink still had wrestling matches with wrestling moves that could be digested by fans young and old alike. Any of his matches with Bret Hart, Bam Bam Bigelow (and others) were still well done nonetheless and enjoyable for fans of all stripes / tastes.

I was just trying to say that you can have a worker have a comedy gimmick, but if the gimmick bleeds into their ring work (i.e fantastical, ridiculous spots and moves that break the fourth wall), there should be a penalty in certain promotions with their attached fan bases.

In all honesty, I don't think the game is that in-depth to take that into account (difference in comedy matches with comedy spots / maneuvers and then just having a wrestler using a comedy gimmick) and it doesn't have to be really... I do not think comedy gimmicks should not be penalized per se in more traditional promotions and that only using comedy matches / comedy spots should be penalized.

Doink wasn't meant to be a comedy character at first. A better example would be Colt Cabana. He's hilarious, but in-ring he brings it.

If you guys are like me and use the Windows 10 Display Settings to set the Scale to 125% to make TEW closer to full screen then i would highly recommend doing the following to make the text in the game look nice and crisp.

Right click the TEW2020 shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings > tick the Overide high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling Performed by: System (Enhanced)

The text will look a lot clearer/cleaner whilst scale is at 125%. :)

I have to say after spending more and more time in the editor doing my mod im getting more and more used to it and I feel it works great.. only thing I'd like is sliders for stats come back so it is easier to alter them.. other than that although I was put off initially I now love everything being in drop down rather than how it was on 2016

But how about that white board? Pretty annoying, right?

Seriously, I'm sure 99% of people don't mind it. I just really dislike it. Editor is really good in a lot of ways. Whiteboard is not!

If you guys are like me and use the Windows 10 Display Settings to set the Scale to 125% to make TEW closer to full screen then i would highly recommend doing the following to make the text in the game look nice and crisp.

Right click the TEW2020 shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings > tick the Overide high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling Performed by: System (Enhanced)

The text will look a lot clearer/cleaner whilst scale is at 125%. :)

How do you set only certain programs to be scaled up? I could only see how to apply it to all programs.

As long as the only in-game exception is you can create your own product if you start your own promotion mid-save. Because that makes sense.

I don't think players should be able to edit other companies products or permanently change the pre-set products. And they shouldn't be able to mess with the product if they're not the owner of the company.

Why not?

You can go in and edit the workers of rival companies now. People just need to have discipline and not do it.

How do you set only certain programs to be scaled up? I could only see how to apply it to all programs.

Well the windows scale does it for that entire monitor yes, so i amend it for the monitor im playing TEW on just whilst im playing, my other monitor is for other stuff and stays the same.

The setting i spoke about however (for crisp scaled text), is specific to that app.

If you only have 1 monitor and need to do other stuff as well whilst playing, then it wouldn't work as well.

Ok so I wasn't sure where to post this as it isn't really a bug, so I'll ask here for discussion!

Is it just me or is it odd attitude entertainment, which I assume is supposed to be the attitude era, punishes eye candy matches and sex appeal angles? Surely they should be a boost, Sable was HUGE and only had her looks, watch Miss Kitty matches in a swimming pool or flashing and the reactions are actually insane. Yet someone like her wouldn't have any lasting popularity, talent or much charisma yet the live crowds were insane. Surely both sex appeal and eye candy should give a big boost for that product?

I've tried looking, maybe I'm missing it, is there any actual entertainment product where sex appeal and eye candy was a boost? I would have thought all entertainment except kids/pg would have a boost with sex appeal, even if they're not stripping they still get a big reaction from crowds just being at ring side.

Edit-I have just noticed they require an eye candy match too. So a match is needed but still gets penalised? Bit odd, maybe I just don't understand products yet lol