Public Beta Reaction Thread

Nah it was an insult, don't be disingenuous ;)

Last interaction we had you were kicking up a stink about people using data without permission. It destroyed my Mission Statement thread that was trying to encourage all mods to be freeware. Mod rules and drama were introduced as a result and many modders left as the community got toxic. Why I rolled my eyes when you called me self entitled. I was trying to let that all slide and move on with the '05 reference.

Back on topic - Gutted to hear none of the updates include custom products. Been delving into CV past week as I play test, it's been fun.

Honestly can't even remember what you were talking about it was fifteen years ago and had no bearing on my previous statement.

I enjoy both cornellverse ( as that id how the game was intended) and some real world mods although some do rate workers too highly which impacts the balance of the game.. like historical mods with future workers coming in with prime stats etc

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are saying that the product issue is pushing you out? Are you still modding for 2020? (Fingers crossed)

Still honestly undecided. I am still treating things as I will be, working on processes and updating what I can before final patches and full release hits :)

Pre Booking

I thought the idea of pre-booking was to announce stuff for the fans so I'm surprised to see you have to book the actual match (duration, result etc). What's the thinking behind this, given that the purpose of pre-booking is supposed to be promotion?

I thought the idea of pre-booking was to announce stuff for the fans so I'm surprised to see you have to book the actual match (duration, result etc). What's the thinking behind this, given that the purpose of pre-booking is supposed to be promotion?

You don't have to book all the road agents notes, match time etc. You can if you want to save time when you are booking a show but I never bother and don't get any penalties for it

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tnyrwn" data-cite="tnyrwn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You don't have to book all the road agents notes, match time etc. You can if you want to save time when you are booking a show but I never bother and don't get any penalties for it</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ahh that's good to know - thanks.</p>

<p>While I understand that making custom products inside the game would be a major change, I'm a little disappointed we can't have a product editor.</p><p> </p><p>

I like not be able to change products once the game starts. I don't like having to petition to get products added/changed.</p><p> </p><p>

Not a deal breaker for me by any means, but I certainly understand the frustration felt by Genadi and others.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Strieth" data-cite="Strieth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It just makes me wonder how many people are neglecting the C-Verse! I've always found it the true way to experience these games, the mods being additional content for new game+. This new system makes the C-Verse play how it always should've.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nobody likes the C-Verse as much as Adam does. The majority of us play mods.</p>

While I understand that making custom products inside the game would be a major change, I'm a little disappointed we can't have a product editor.

I like not be able to change products once the game starts. I don't like having to petition to get products added/changed.

Not a deal breaker for me by any means, but I certainly understand the frustration felt by Genadi and others.

I think if Genadi and certain mod makers are thinking of leaving there are CLEARLY issues with this game. Honestly, I’d be happy with delaying this game until 2021 if it means a better product.

After yesterday's patch notes where more comedy products were added to the search parameters, I had a feeling that the custom products issue was going to get an emphatically disappointing resolution sooner rather than later.

After reading the newest update post, I'm just so disappointed. I'm amazed that this decision was made in the first place. It's so ass-backwards and unrealistic. We're totally beholden product wise to only the existing products in the game, and in order to get new ones in we have to suggest them and wait for a patch while the developer decides if it's worth putting in.

Just totally and completely disappointing all around. All this system is going to create is some people finding one product that sort of works for them and then never playing anything but that product. Except now, it's not even perfect for them. It also hurts my mod-making specifically since I have been working on updating Crayon's OVER 9000 mod for like... five years, and let's just be honest most of those companies have really really weird and different products.

I honestly don't know if I'll be picking up 2020. This is that disappointing for me.

I think if Genadi and certain mod makers are thinking of leaving there are CLEARLY issues with this game. Honestly, I’d be happy with delaying this game until 2021 if it means a better product.

There are absolutely issues 100%, but how do you expect Adam to fund another years' development cycle without annual profit? The least we can hope for is continued support to perfect what we've got. 2024 is a long way away but after another year working on top of this new base code, it's gonna be a killer app and I hope to see all of you leaving return when that time comes. If TEW 2016 was a 9/10, I'll give the 2020 beta trial a solid 7.5/10 with potential to hit that 8 with a few fixes. This really isn't a huge disappointment for me, a slight letdown but the more I play the more I understand why some features needed to be scrapped to make way for new ideas going forward.

While I understand that making custom products inside the game would be a major change, I'm a little disappointed we can't have a product editor.

I like not be able to change products once the game starts. I don't like having to petition to get products added/changed.

Not a deal breaker for me by any means, but I certainly understand the frustration felt by Genadi and others.

This. You can't tell me there's not a tool that could be put out to enable us to edit & add our own products. Even if it was a "hey I can do this but I need to put a rough GUI on it for you guys - it'll take a month or two" that would be fine.

There are absolutely issues 100%, but how do you expect Adam to fund another years' development cycle without annual profit? The least we can hope for is continued support to perfect what we've got. 2024 is a long way away but after another year working on top of this new base code, it's gonna be a killer app and I hope to see all of you leaving return when that time comes. If TEW 2016 was a 9/10, I'll give the 2020 beta trial a solid 7.5/10 with potential to hit that 8 with a few fixes. This really isn't a huge disappointment for me, a slight letdown but the more I play the more I understand why some features needed to be scrapped to make way for new ideas going forward.

It’s been said that this isn’t his day job. I honestly don’t know what to say. I don’t know why these decisions were made. I don’t know why more people weren’t consulted. I don’t know why UX/UI experts weren’t invited. I don’t know why testers didn’t raise flags. I don’t know why Adam pitched a game with “less clicking” and the final product is the exact opposite.

I honestly don’t have these answers and it just comes off that Adam thinks there’s a specific way people should play and that mods don’t matter.

It’s been said that this isn’t his day job. I honestly don’t know what to say. I don’t know why these decisions were made. I don’t know why more people weren’t consulted. I don’t know why UX/UI experts weren’t invited. I don’t know why testers didn’t raise flags. I don’t know why Adam pitched a game with “less clicking” and the final product is the exact opposite.

I honestly don’t have these answers and it just comes off that Adam thinks there’s a specific way people should play and that mods don’t matter.

I understand your perspective man, I really do. I was one of the people who booted up the trial for ten minutes before rage quitting and spouting my complaints all over this thread. As a non-modder, eventually I gave it another go and fell in love with the C-Verse changes enough for me to get over the ugly ass UI. I must just have higher bullshit tolerance lol, he'll get my money but it'll be the first time my heart wasn't 100% in it.

Fingers crossed he learns from his mistakes and pulls together a true closed beta team from the vast selection of dudes and dudettes (who am I kidding lol) here in love with this series more than any AAA sports title and want to see it succeed. Keeping die-hards from testing the game months out due to it not being fair to modders is a cop out and I hope there truly is a better answer sometime down the line. If this isn't his day job and he can support himself financially in the long run, maybe it's time to bring in some new workers. There's a tonne of high level programmers and designers about who would honestly probably do the work for free. Although at the price tag, surely Adam can spare a cut. I'd just like to see him go back to exclusively programming as he clearly has a vision for the future of the game mechanics but has had to split his time into other areas of the game.

A year off really would've done it justice considering TEW is his flagship. An updated Wrestling Spirit while this was completed would of been cool. It just really does remind me of when THQ went out of business and 2K rushed to get their first game out based on a new engine and models and it was shallow as hell. I see so much potential, I don't mean to sound so overly positive about the game!

Is there a video or a post that explains the Cornellverse somewhere?

Like the back story. Or at least the main parts.

Id like to figure it out but its a lot of information. Think about trying to learn about the past 15 years of pro wrestling in the real world. Its quite daunting.

But knowing the bullet points would be nice. Main storyline that occurred. What happened outside the wrestling world. What companies bought others, improved or folded. Etc etc.

Would be really interesting to read up on or hear someone explain. Instead of going through hundreds of bios trying to figure it out one by one...

Id like to figure it out but its a lot of information. Think about trying to learn about the past 15 years of pro wrestling in the real world. Its quite daunting.

But knowing the bullet points would be nice. Main storyline that occurred. What happened outside the wrestling world. What companies bought others, improved or folded. Etc etc.

Would be really interesting to read up on or hear someone explain. Instead of going through hundreds of bios trying to figure it out one by one...

https://gds.fandom.com/wiki/CornellVerse

As helpful as this wiki is, nothing beats just going in blind. Start your own small independent promotion, hire some cheap workers, learn how to book them well and move your way up!

I can think of two big problems with the products:

1) "Attitude Entertainment," which a lot of people are gonna want to use for mods of the business's boom period, needs to be split into like...3 variations. At least. I think a lot of the complaints I've seen where the game is clearly in the wrong are from people playing Attitude Entertainment? Like if I'm reading something from someone playing something else my brain goes...eh that might be you man. Then I see people playing Attitude Entertainment and I'm like...frickin Attitude Entertainment.

2) More flexibility. Longer promos from guys who are great at it, smaller penalties from being a couple minutes over match length (unless guys also have stamina problems), and (though I imagine this would be harder to code/further outside the purview of where the game is now) a system where you get a limited number of "mildly penalised" and "penalised" matches that don't get dinged per 3 months/6 months/year/whatever, you just can't spam them or try to turn ECW into a pure comedy fed.

I understand your perspective man, I really do. I was one of the people who booted up the trial for ten minutes before rage quitting and spouting my complaints all over this thread. As a non-modder, eventually I gave it another go and fell in love with the C-Verse changes enough for me to get over the ugly ass UI. I must just have higher bullshit tolerance lol, he'll get my money but it'll be the first time my heart wasn't 100% in it.

Fingers crossed he learns from his mistakes and pulls together a true closed beta team from the vast selection of dudes and dudettes (who am I kidding lol) here in love with this series more than any AAA sports title and want to see it succeed. Keeping die-hards from testing the game months out due to it not being fair to modders is a cop out and I hope there truly is a better answer sometime down the line. If this isn't his day job and he can support himself financially in the long run, maybe it's time to bring in some new workers. There's a tonne of high level programmers and designers about who would honestly probably do the work for free. Although at the price tag, surely Adam can spare a cut. I'd just like to see him go back to exclusively programming as he clearly has a vision for the future of the game mechanics but has had to split his time into other areas of the game.

A year off really would've done it justice considering TEW is his flagship. An updated Wrestling Spirit while this was completed would of been cool. It just really does remind me of when THQ went out of business and 2K rushed to get their first game out based on a new engine and models and it was shallow as hell. I see so much potential, I don't mean to sound so overly positive about the game!

I appreciate your opinion and if you enjoy the game, who am I to take that from you?

I used to play the Cornellverse but once I started playing RW and Historical RW mods I had so much more fun. I love Alternate History and the idea of putting Kerry Von Erich in the Hulk Hogan spot in 1984 or trying to overtake WWF with WCW is immensely appealing to me. There were SOOO many things in the Journal that made me believe mods and especially historical mods were really being considered. That no longer seems to be the case.

The money isn’t a big thing to me, I make a decent living but it’s more of a principle thing for me at this point. I can’t condone the “It’s my game, this is how you’ll play” mentality. I think we should be able to play the way we want. I think there’s a world where you can turn on or off these options as you see fit.

Check out this thread

I appreciate your opinion and if you enjoy the game, who am I to take that from you?

I used to play the Cornellverse but once I started playing RW and Historical RW mods I had so much more fun. I love Alternate History and the idea of putting Kerry Von Erich in the Hulk Hogan spot in 1984 or trying to overtake WWF with WCW is immensely appealing to me. There were SOOO many things in the Journal that made me believe mods and especially historical mods were really being considered. That no longer seems to be the case.

The money isn’t a big thing to me, I make a decent living but it’s more of a principle thing for me at this point. I can’t condone the “It’s my game, this is how you’ll play” mentality. I think we should be able to play the way we want. I think there’s a world where you can turn on or off these options as you see fit.

Oh, don't get me wrong I love mods too! I just don't make mods and haven't touched mods on 2020 yet. Those kinda things come a few months later for me which is why I understand that I won't see eye to eye with most of y'alls complaints yet. My earliest memory with Adam Ryland was EWR 4.2 which had the 2004 real life data as the default so I even understand that the C-Verse wasn't even the initial selling point for these games. I just believe (and have accepted) that the C-Verse is the future of the vision of these games and mods will come second from now on.

It's very much become it's own product and the only way to fix this and make everybody happy this year would be to release a C-Verseless modable game with customization products at a heavy discount (half price or even free) while charging the C-Verse fans for the new work put into the game. I don't see that ever happening, so I'm going to stick with what I like about this installment and not even touch mods until the hypothetical go-ahead. Being ignorant can in fact, sometimes be bliss it seems! :p

I have to disagree there..if Adam didn't care about mods he would not be putting in half the stuff he is. He would just need enough products etc for the cverse promotions and not need to add in the numerous others (even putting in the ability to search a real life fed for a list of narrowed down products).

At the end of the day he has said that products will stay as they are..if people don't like that then it would be up to them whether to buy i guess.

The more I play and edit the more I come to love this game.. could not even pick up 2016 now so much has changed for the better imo