TEW2020 CornellVerse Discussion Thread

Cool! So the User Attributes might be another factor. All of mine were set to 5 out of 10, I'll have to test it with higher ratings on Silver Tongue and see what happens.

Silver Tongue makes a HUGE difference from what I've seen, I've had tons more success with it at 7/10 than with it at 5/10.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver Tongue makes a HUGE difference from what I've seen, I've had tons more success with it at 7/10 than with it at 5/10.

From what I've seen so far, Attribute Point priority in order should be Creativity (this makes it far more likely that you will nail good gimmick boneye on unique gimmicks) Silver Tongue (makes it incredibly likely to talk anyone at any time to come to where you are) Motivating (helps inconsistent workers high-roll more often) Focus all of your points here. Negotiating isn't important, everybody works for a burger and fries. (no coke) Leadership and Diplomacy is only important if your backstage is bad. A must for most RW starts, but C-Verse, not at all important.

It might depend on the method you have set for area battles, which directly influences if they can win the war monthly and not lose popularity that way.

If it’s rated on best show they might be in even more trouble once TCW comes back to Big size.

I have area battles set to combined.

So far in one of my saves it looks like TCW is going to overtake SWF. SWF aren't using Rocky Golden to his full potential either.

Cool! So the User Attributes might be another factor. All of mine were set to 5 out of 10, I'll have to test it with higher ratings on Silver Tongue and see what happens.

I used the random attribute start and it gave me 9/10 in silver tongue, I have asked probably 30-40 people to become active in the USA and no one has ever said no.

So, it definitely makes a big difference.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CPBHBK" data-cite="CPBHBK" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anyone else seen relationships randomly start and stop? I've had TCW stop then start their relationship with MAW over a month period.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my save, MAW stopped their relationship with TCW but it's been like that for over a year now.</p><p> </p><p> What happens a bit commonly in my save is a company fires a guy then hires him back later 4 to 9 months later, with him not being in any other promotion in the mean time. A bit funny.</p>

I have a c-verse question for the more experienced aficionados: Is there any known reason why Yosuke Narita seemingly had no work from November 1994 to December 2000? He's supposedly widely regarded as one of the greatest junior heavyweights of all time, had the 1990 and 1992 Wrestler of the Year award, then just disappeared off the map before returning on a relatively indie promotion?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the game and chose ACPW as my first promotion to run, and I felt like they really didn't have a lot of popularity at all outside of Quebec. For me, I liked having a bit of a foundation to start from...if I wanted to recreate what you're talking about, wouldn't I just start a new promotion in Canada, say on the West Coast, and give it a lot of ACPW properties?

I'm an older wrestling fan, and the opportunity to run an integrated fed is an interesting challenge. I'm finding I've not pushed the women correctly in my first 3 years due to bias and just not being comfortable booking men v. women...but that's starting to subside and some of the women are picking fights with the guys and integrating themselves into more storylines. I'm learning!

I'm new to the game and chose ACPW as my first promotion to run, and I felt like they really didn't have a lot of popularity at all outside of Quebec. For me, I liked having a bit of a foundation to start from...if I wanted to recreate what you're talking about, wouldn't I just start a new promotion in Canada, say on the West Coast, and give it a lot of ACPW properties?

I'm an older wrestling fan, and the opportunity to run an integrated fed is an interesting challenge. I'm finding I've not pushed the women correctly in my first 3 years due to bias and just not being comfortable booking men v. women...but that's starting to subside and some of the women are picking fights with the guys and integrating themselves into more storylines. I'm learning!

ACPW is a lot of fun. They don't have a lot of pop outside of Quebec, but they ARE a Tiny company to start, and they don't really need a lot of popularity outside of Quebec for a while to grow. And you have a few options for TV in the first year.

ACPW is in a much better spot in 2020 than they were in 2016.

One of my favorite additions to the game world this time around is the Wrestle World broadcasters. No longer do we have a bunch of indy promotions like NYCW, UEW, and VWA just stuck in the position forever and never growing outside of their home region because they can't get on a broadcaster. Now, you really get to see the game world evolve because companies are actually able to reach medium status, whereas before that was such a ridiculously low occurrence.

And you've still got a large turnover of promotions at the bottom end because of it. The companies on Wrestle World end up driving up the contract demands for wrestlers, and they can put poor companies out of business pretty easily, so there's a fairly regular flow of new promotions coming into existence.

ACPW is a lot of fun. They don't have a lot of pop outside of Quebec, but they ARE a Tiny company to start, and they don't really need a lot of popularity outside of Quebec for a while to grow. And you have a few options for TV in the first year.

ACPW is in a much better spot in 2020 than they were in 2016.

The first couple of years were a struggle, especially when I kind of muffed up the TV contract talks after my initial 6 month contract. Getting a TV signal to the states has been key...as soon as I did that, things took off and I'm now up to 60 pop in most of the US and Que/Ont...and once I got to PPV deals, the money is rolling in.

I do see though how there might be a propensity to want to spend all this money 'upgrading' the promotion, but one can sink themselves pretty fast juggling too many balls at once. Going to try and 'hold steady' for a year or two and build up my bank...but I'm sure the Owner will eventually want me to start 'growing' the company again. It's been a great fed for a newb. The restriction to Lightweight felt limiting at first...but now I've realized it allows me to tighten my focus in terms of recruiting and what kind of matches I put on for my fans. 40-50% of the guys in the game are just off my radar (for now) and I've come to learn a lot about the lightweights in the game...while also having the wiggle room financially where I'm not running a HUGE company while still learning the ropes.

One thing of note, it's nearly impossible to build up the women in the company without having them poached...or having to spend to keep them. Since I'm not focused on them, any signing or prospect I get invariably gets signed as soon as I book them a couple of times...so that's been a challenge. Also just had my top star poached by my big Canadian rivals...so that's going to be a thing now moving forward I think...fun stuff.

Out of curiosity;

Does anyone know if there is anyone who has held a junior and a heavyweight title in BHOTWG? As in won belts in both divisions (not at the same time, just in general)?

I cannot find anyone in my quick look, but I didn't look at the tag divisions. Angry Gilmore would be able to do it, as would KC Glenn (Gilmore is a heavyweight now, Glenn can be bumped up).

Why is Kid San Juan's mask self owned and not company owned?

I cannot find anyone in my quick look, but I didn't look at the tag divisions. Angry Gilmore would be able to do it, as would KC Glenn (Gilmore is a heavyweight now, Glenn can be bumped up).

Why is Kid San Juan's mask self owned and not company owned?

Kid San Juan just worked better as a gimmick for him, so he switched over to it permanently. Most indy promotions in real life don't own the gimmicks they give wrestlers much less than their names, and in the C-Verse it's rare for even the big companies to own gimmicks and names. I mean, the Enygma character is totally an SWF creation, to the point no one even knows his identity, and he's worked as Enygma in USPW for twice as long as he was did in SWF.

Kid San Juan just worked better as a gimmick for him, so he switched over to it permanently. Most indy promotions in real life don't own the gimmicks they give wrestlers much less than their names, and in the C-Verse it's rare for even the big companies to own gimmicks and names. I mean, the Enygma character is totally an SWF creation, to the point no one even knows his identity, and he's worked as Enygma in USPW for twice as long as he was did in SWF.

Didn't even think of Enygma. Good point.

<p>Am I missing something when it comes to broadcasters' requirements?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm running AEW on the KTB mod. A lot of broadcasters are unwilling to negotiate with me because I do not meet their minimum popularity requirements.</p><p> </p><p>

An example is BT Sport Box Office (covering the UK and Europe) whose requirement is 'The company must have 50 popularity in 9 regions'.</p><p> </p><p>

I am well over this with 73+ pop in every US region but struggle in Europe. Do the requirements only pertain to the areas that the broadcaster covers? I am presuming that is the issue but it isn't explained at all in game.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KingCostly" data-cite="KingCostly" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Am I missing something when it comes to broadcasters' requirements?<p> </p><p> I'm running AEW on the KTB mod. A lot of broadcasters are unwilling to negotiate with me because I do not meet their minimum popularity requirements.</p><p> </p><p> An example is BT Sport Box Office (covering the UK and Europe) whose requirement is 'The company must have 50 popularity in 9 regions'.</p><p> </p><p> I am well over this with 73+ pop in every US region but struggle in Europe. Do the requirements only pertain to the areas that the broadcaster covers? I am presuming that is the issue but it isn't explained at all in game.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You hit the nail on the head.</p><p> </p><p> If you don't have the popularity in the area it covers, they won't give you coverage.</p>

Out of curiosity;

Does anyone know if there is anyone who has held a junior and a heavyweight title in BHOTWG? As in won belts in both divisions (not at the same time, just in general)?

Konda and VENOM both held the Openweight title and Jr. Tag titles, and Miyamae/Shimedzu held both sets of tag titles. I'm fairly certain that's all.

The Rebellion never held the Jr Tag belts, presumably because I think the team were competing in the heavyweight division by the time the Junior Tag titles were added canonically. Miyamae did hold the Junior title on his own and the Heavyweight tag belts, so he's probably the only person to hold a strictly heavyweight and strictly junior title.... the Openweight belt was obviously a little more open. :p

The only other person who seems to canonically have gotten close to holding major titles in both is Stunner Okazawaya, who held the Junior title and then bulked up to heavyweight where he was fairly highly ranked.

But no one has ever held both of the top singles belts in each division OR both of the tag belts in both divisions. BHOTWG has never had a lot of weight division crossover and their current set up doesn't look like it's going to encourage much of that in future either. :p

The Rebellion never held the Jr Tag belts, presumably because I think the team were competing in the heavyweight division by the time the Junior Tag titles were added canonically. Miyamae did hold the Junior title on his own and the Heavyweight tag belts, so he's probably the only person to hold a strictly heavyweight and strictly junior title.... the Openweight belt was obviously a little more open. :p

The only other person who seems to canonically have gotten close to holding major titles in both is Stunner Okazawaya, who held the Junior title and then bulked up to heavyweight where he was fairly highly ranked.

But no one has ever held both of the top singles belts in each division OR both of the tag belts in both divisions. BHOTWG has never had a lot of weight division crossover and their current set up doesn't look like it's going to encourage much of that in future either. :p

Sorry yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Working from memory is never a good idea.