TCW Discussion Thread

TCW Thread

Well, we survived! But a lot is different. Rocky Golden bailed to SWF, Greg Gauge is a rising star in the promotion now and we formed some alliances with MAW for developmental reasons and PGHW to take their workers on excursion. Eddie Peak has shifted to PPVs only as well and sadly never got the world title run I always give him. RDJ and Bryan Vessey are officially done as well, leaving the top of the TCW card to be pretty empty.

So what's your plans fellow TCW lovers? Do you have some guys in mind to bring in? What partnerships are you forming? Is there anything we should jump on right away?

THEY.

DIDN'T.

DIE!

-

Wolf and Andrews as the big two isn't bad- they both have legs still in them.

Gotta get Jay up to that standard and see if more big stars can be made though. Upper card looks threadbare.

Edit: Also new Syndicate! New Syndicate! That logo is amazing.

Damn, just beat me by a few minutes. Already jumped on signing a new fleet of guys from around the world to start. Not huge on a lot of the people outside of the main event personally. Swiped Loxley Robbins from RAW, Damian Dastardly from ZEN, and Nichiren Amagawa from WLW among other pick ups.

Anyone else have big day 1 signings to go for? It really feels like the roster needs a bit of a buff up even though I am a fan of the guys they brought in.

Also RIP Eddie Peak's career. Never got his big title win

THEY.

DIDN'T.

DIE!

-

Wolf and Andrews as the big two isn't bad- they both have legs still in them.

Gotta get Jay up to that standard and see if more big stars can be made though. Upper card looks threadbare.

Edit: Also new Syndicate! New Syndicate! That logo is amazing.

Yeah Syndicate is lovely, but not enough Koshiro Ino for my liking

The Syndicate is back and MAW will take your rookies, PGHW will give you theirs.

The tag division is...bad. The New Wave and Canadian Animals split. RDJ/Vessey/Golden are gone form the main event. On the bright side Greg Gauge is there now.

I wouldn’t anticipate being able to challenge the Big 2 for a whole year/18 months at the earliest. Maybe even longer if starting contracts get bad rolls and one of the top guys are stolen. A big upgrade is being on ACE now (Very Big) so we’ll see how that helps the growth.

At a glance it seems like TCW is plugging along and always has some talent, but with no crutch like a Golden, they’re in the worst shape since Cornell left at least IMO.

I think TCW are definitely down on their luck but are poised for a comeback. If they can elevate Mo, Chord, and Gauge (and Killer Shark) to the top of the roster and rebuild their tag division, they could be set for almost a decade with young, high-quality main eventers that can do anything. Plus, their school and pipeline to MAW could keep them refreshing the middle of the card with young talent.

The new Syndicate stable kinda seems like a bad nWo reboot in my head canon. Same name. Not at all the same flavor. It's a good representation on where the promotion is now, desperately clawing onto something.

Yeah my initial response was 'oh cool the syndicate' but on second thoughts I sway more to your reaction. But like you say it's fitting.

I was amazed to see how little has changed for them. They were slow pushing Mighty Mo back in 2016, 4 years later they're still taking 'the slow and steady approach'?! You'd think after losing Golden/RDJ/Vessey they would be dying to push the youth.. oh no they push Tana instead :confused:

But all these issues do make them an interesting company to play as, just seems a bit odd surely even a poor booker (and I don't believe Brent Hill is supposed to be bad) would have seen the deep water they were in and pushed some young talent in this time.

This is quite honestly a fun TCW, and I'd say more fun than 2016 even. 2016 was all about not losing your top talent; in this game you already lost them and is in the proccess of rebuilding, which makes it far more interesting, to my eyes at least.

Your cornerstones are Wolf Hawkins and Aaron Andrews, as they should; one was the protege of the former owner, the other the very first graduate and poster boy for their academy. They're tied to 5 and 4 year contracts respectively, so you won't worry about losing them to USPW in quite a while. They'll be the stalwarts of the main event you'll be building.

A bit under, you have Sammy Bach, Freddy Huggins, Joshua Taylor, One Man Army, and Tana the Mighty making a good upper midcard. Sammy Bach is still sensational as a huge babyface, and can be even turned heel for a feud with Aaron for the title. Huggins and Taylor are also very capable of being pushed into the main event, and although Tana and OMA are starting to push 40, they still have some good years ahead of them.

The focus for TCW is producing new stars. Your roster already has three obvious guys to push up the card: Jay Chord, Greg Gauge, and Mighty Mo.

Chord is already a major star for you, although he's not as popular as he could be; his starting feud with Sammy Bach for Malice in Wonderland can do wonders for him.

Greg is your current Television championship, and is already on the rise. Having him feud with One Man Army will give him a nice boost.

And Mighty Mo is already on the cusp of greatness, all he needs is that one big feud for him to pop off.

Good prospects for pushes are Chris Flynn, Roderick Remus, and Edd Stone. All three guys are still young and more than capable of filling up that upper midcarder spot, if not good enough for the main event. Killer Shark is also someone who could develop into a huge monster heel, if developed well enough. You also have Nick Booth and T-Bone Bright as prospects in potential, although Nick can cause problems backstage.

Other than the main event, revamping the midcard is also a priority: most of your midcard is either nearing the 40 year mark, or well past it. Marc Speed, Maverick, Matt Hocking being the notable exceptions. Human Arsenal, The Elite, and Danny Fonzarelli are pushing thier mid 40s, and Troy Tornado, Benny Benson, Brett Biggins, Flying Jimmy Fox, Doc Hammond, and Chance Fortune are in their early 40s. while they definitely have some good years left in the tank, you should realistically be looking into the future.

You start off with a developmental deal with MAW, and 6 guys training there; the only problem is that, other than Harvey Robbinfield, all of your youngsters are greener than grass, and nowhere near ready for the big leagues.

Duke Freeman is developing into a nice technical brawler, who could have the potential to become a main eventer with good fortune. Guillotine is still a poor brawler, who with some development coult turn into a decent midcarder.

Harvey Robbinfield already has good brawling and technicall skills, and is charismatic. He can possibly turn into a big player down the line, maybe leave him in developmental for a while longer.

Jaylon Martins is developing his brawling and basics skills well, but what sets him apart is his charisma: the man is a pure charisma bomb, with charisma off the charts, and good star quality and mic skills. If he develops into a good in-ring worker, he'll most surely become a main eventer for you in a few years.

Seth Whitehead is developing into a decent all-rounder who could very well fit into your midcard with some more development.

And lastly, there's Roman Re-pardon me, Joey Fili. The man sucks. He's absolutely horrible at this point in his career. But, being only 19 and with a great look, he could definitely become a good worker, with a good few years in developmental.

Overall, I'd say this incarnation of TCW looks to be a really fun challenge, with the focus being on revamping your midcard and creating new stars, as opposed to trying to keep your stars as was the case in 2016. I'll definitely be giving them a go (well, obviously, given my profile pic) and seeing where I can take them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BoredomTM" data-cite="BoredomTM" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is quite honestly a fun TCW, and I'd say more fun than 2016 even. 2016 was all about not losing your top talent; in this game you already lost them and is in the proccess of rebuilding, which makes it far more interesting, to my eyes at least.<p> </p><p> Your cornerstones are Wolf Hawkins and Aaron Andrews, as they should; one was the protege of the former owner, the other the very first graduate and poster boy for their academy. They're tied to 5 and 4 year contracts respectively, so you won't worry about losing them to USPW in quite a while. They'll be the stalwarts of the main event you'll be building.</p><p> </p><p> A bit under, you have Sammy Bach, Freddy Huggins, Joshua Taylor, One Man Army, and Tana the Mighty making a good upper midcard. Sammy Bach is still sensational as a huge babyface, and can be even turned heel for a feud with Aaron for the title. Huggins and Taylor are also very capable of being pushed into the main event, and although Tana and OMA are starting to push 40, they still have some good years ahead of them.</p><p> </p><p> The focus for TCW is producing new stars. Your roster already has three obvious guys to push up the card: Jay Chord, Greg Gauge, and Mighty Mo. Chord is already a major star for you, although he's not as popular as he could be; his starting feud with Sammy Bach for Malice in Wonderland can do wonders for him. Greg is your current Television championship, and is already on the rise. Having him feud with One Man Army will give him a nice boost. And Mighty Mo is already on the cusp of greatness, all he needs is that one big feud for him to pop off.</p><p> </p><p> Good prospects for pushes are Chris Flynn, Roderick Remus, and Edd Stone. All three guys are still young and more than capable of filling up that upper midcarder spot, if not good enough for the main event. Killer Shark is also someone who could develop into a huge monster heel, if developed well enough. You also have Nick Booth and T-Bone Bright as prospects in potential, although Nick can cause problems backstage.</p><p> </p><p> Other than the main event, revamping the midcard is also a priority: most of your midcard is either nearing the 40 year mark, or well past it. Marc Speed, Maverick, Matt Hocking being the notable exceptions. Human Arsenal, The Elite, and Danny Fonzarelli are pushing thier mid 40s, and Troy Tornado, Benny Benson, Brett Biggins, Flying Jimmy Fox, Doc Hammond, and Chance Fortune are in their early 40s. while they definitely have some good years left in the tank, you should realistically be looking into the future.</p><p> </p><p> You start off with a developmental deal with MAW, and 6 guys training there; the only problem is that, other than Harvey Robbinfield, all of your youngsters are greener than grass, and nowhere near ready for the big leagues. Duke Freeman is developing into a nice technical brawler, who could have the potential to become a main eventer with good fortune. Guillotine is still a poor brawler, who with some development coult turn into a decent midcarder. Harvey Robbinfield already has good brawling and technicall skills, and is charismatic. He can possibly turn into a big player down the line, maybe leave him in developmental for a while longer. Jaylon Martins is developing his brawling and basics skills well, but what sets him apart is his charisma: the man is a pure charisma bomb, with charisma off the charts, and good star quality and mic skills. If he develops into a good in-ring worker, he'll most surely become a main eventer for you in a few years. Seth Whitehead is developing into a decent all-rounder who could very well fit into your midcard with some more development. And lastly, there's Roman Re-pardon me, Joey Fili. The man sucks. He's absolutely horrible at this point in his career. But, being only 19 and with a great look, he could definitely become a good worker, with a good few years in developmental.</p><p> </p><p> Overall, I'd say this incarnation of TCW looks to be a really fun challenge, with the focus being on revamping your midcard and creating new stars, as opposed to trying to keep your stars as was the case in 2016. I'll definitely be giving them a go (well, obviously, given my profile pic) and seeing where I can take them.</p></div></blockquote><p> Very true on them already being in rebuilding mode. Makes it way easier to establish your own top of the roster. Only problem is that booking the shows right now is so brutal without your own guys. Man, I just really do not like the upper mid and lower TCW has right now. Planning on working hard to get a few guys skills and popularity up so hopefully that washes over fast but for now, oof. Trying to piece together a Total Mayhem 24 card is going to be rough</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Haven't downloaded the demo yet, who is One Man Army?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Guide!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Haven't downloaded the demo yet, who is One Man Army?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Guide. New Wave Split up. Scout now goes by Doc Hammond and is a part of The Syndicate</p>

Hate saying this because I like them, but I really have no use for the New Wave as singles wrestlers. I've broken them up in the past and neither went anywhere and I cant see myself doing anything other than letting them leave the promotion if I don't pair them back up this time

Well currently playing and I have paired OMA with Human Arsenal (btw, looking for a name related to weapons or war for them) and I'm going to try to push Doc as a singles wrestler with the Elite.... let's see how it goes

I recommend those who haven't yet, to check out the guys you have in developmental. A couple will probably be good midcarders at most, but two caught my eye, as I mentioned in my rundown, especially since they were created for TEW 2020.

VQnkOhm.jpg

The first is Jaylon Martins. He's only 20 years old and is already a candidate to be a figurehead for you in the future. He has as much charisma as you can fit in the human body, and maxed out stamina and athleticism, plus already decent to good top row stats. With high star quality, he has the potential to develop into an exceptional wrestler and someone who you'll be pushing high up your card.

OrLCqwP.jpg

And the second is Roman Re-sorry, sorry, did it again, Joey Fili, for being one of the absolutely worst wrestlers I have ever seen. He's incredibly abysmal, having no top row stats at all, decent but not great charisma and star quality at this point of his career and bad camera skills, albeit good sex appeal, and mediocre stats all around. Still, being only 19, he might develop into a really fine wrestler for you in the future, as long as you leave him in developmental for a good few years.

The Syndicate is back and MAW will take your rookies, PGHW will give you theirs.

The tag division is...bad. The New Wave and Canadian Animals split. RDJ/Vessey/Golden are gone form the main event. On the bright side Greg Gauge is there now.

I wouldn’t anticipate being able to challenge the Big 2 for a whole year/18 months at the earliest. Maybe even longer if starting contracts get bad rolls and one of the top guys are stolen. A big upgrade is being on ACE now (Very Big) so we’ll see how that helps the growth.

At a glance it seems like TCW is plugging along and always has some talent, but with no crutch like a Golden, they’re in the worst shape since Cornell left at least IMO.

After thinking about it I think I'm with you here. I really like Wolf, Andrews, Chord, Gauge, Taylor, and Bach but after those guys it's just... yikes. Mo is fine and I always get him to be a great part of the midcard and nothing else.

Like, just looking at the rest of the roster I have no clue who I'm going to push. Face Edd Stone doesn't really work for me. Same for the singles New Wave. I hate Giant Tana's guts and the fact he's getting pushed is a major no. There's some midcard guys who I can use but aren't getting pushed any higher than that like Benny, Devine Fortune, and Troy. For the lower card I'm not really interested in anyone there. Hocking left a bad taste in my mouth after how annoying he was for me last game. Only Gauge is someone I want to elevate there because he's awesome.

Maybe this will be the year I give Freddy Huggins a go at the main event picture to see what he's got. Remus looks fairly alright too so he might benefit early as well.

I recommend those who haven't yet, to check out the guys you have in developmental. A couple will probably be good midcarders at most, but two caught my eye, as I mentioned in my rundown, especially since they were created for TEW 2020.

VQnkOhm.jpg

The first is Jaylon Martins. He's only 20 years old and is already a candidate to be a figurehead for you in the future. He has as much charisma as you can fit in the human body, and maxed out stamina and athleticism, plus already decent to good top row stats. With high star quality, he has the potential to develop into an exceptional wrestler and someone who you'll be pushing high up your card.

OrLCqwP.jpg

And the second is Roman Re-sorry, sorry, did it again, Joey Fili, for being one of the absolutely worst wrestlers I have ever seen. He's incredibly abysmal, having no top row stats at all, decent but not great charisma and star quality at this point of his career and bad camera skills, albeit good sex appeal, and mediocre stats all around. Still, being only 19, he might develop into a really fine wrestler for you in the future, as long as you leave him in developmental for a good few years.

Personally I'm really excited for Harvey Robbinfield. I got a really good destiny roll from him last time and hoping I get another one now