TCW Discussion Thread

For those who have been booking women's divisions, have you been using them purely on an A-Show? Is it more feasible in 2020 to run a women's division purely on a B-show?

I have them on my A-show but none of them are wrestling on there yet. Most are managing or working in other roles to gain popularity before I do my tournament and officially start the division

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For those who have been booking women's divisions, have you been using them purely on an A-Show? Is it more feasible in 2020 to run a women's division purely on a B-show?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my SWF save one of my goals was to build a women's brand and I'm in November of 2020 now with plans for the brand split to start in January of 21. I was able to steal Alicia Strong from USPW and built around her on my A shows. Now I have her(74 pop cap), Danielle Sweetheart (83 pop and rising), Higa (86 and rising), Shiri Jippensha(88 pop cap) and a bunch more sitting in the high 60s low 70s. I've got multiple 90+ rated matches with them at this point as well. </p><p> I just made sure they had storylines with each other and took turns building them up and stealing any over workers from USPW i could. Everything went thru strong until I knew others were going to surpass her cap. Shiori has had the belt since July or August and has nothing but great matches, building the pop up for the loser in the process.</p>

I’ve played a few weeks so far in TCW and found that Mighty Mo needs to be rocket strapped to the main event and get him the hell away from Tana. He’s already hitting 70s for me and is up there with Chord and Taylor (with Andrews and Hawkins being the 80s). Unfortunately, I think Bach is hitting time decline so I kay shuffle him down the card once the Chord feud has ended. He’s not been performing superbly at the moment however.

Upper card looks strong with Gauge, Hammond, OMA, Arsenal and Huggins. I want someone else up there though on the face side as that is super weak. That may be Taylor or Bach depending on how they do.

Tag Team wise looks weak as no one is getting me massive ratings although Foxx is putting in some work. I’m thinking of teaming up T-Bone and Tana for a face hoss team and a midcard stable of Huggins, Hocking and Remus as cocky pretty boys (maybe with Tornado as well although I may turn him face).

I’m thinking of bringing in The Wild Cats and Masked Cougar to push up the card and shore up the face side. Maybe American Cobras as well.

Arsenal was in time decline when I started, which made me sad. I really wanted to use him more.

T-Bone capped out at 70 pop for me and a year and a quarter in is putting over heels on their way up the card. It's not a terrible job to have, I was hoping he'd be a major player though. He still puts up some good performance numbers in big matches though.

I signed the Samoan Pitbulls to a deal as part of my plans to revitalize the tag team division with a title tournament.

After their first week in the company, Toma's painkiller addiction landed him in rehab.

In their second week, Akima Brave separated his shoulder.

Really questioning these three year deals.

I signed the Samoan Pitbulls to a deal as part of my plans to revitalize the tag team division with a title tournament.

After their first week in the company, Toma's painkiller addiction landed him in rehab.

I'm planning a TCW game right now and I was going to sign them in an attempt to bolster the tag division. Hopefully they're less problematic for me.

I'm planning a TCW game right now and I was going to sign them in an attempt to bolster the tag division. Hopefully they're less problematic for me.

Yea I've been looking at them but from previous games I know not to depend on them for any kind of reliability.

Honestly I'm seeing that just waiting 6-8 months for the indy guys to get over on Wrestle World works well.

Basically everyone from GSW has the perfect skill set for the TCW product. High brawling stats and charisma.

I dont really understand pop caps. Like if say someone had below 60 star quality I 100% agree they might have a pop cap (although someone like Daniel Bryan goes against that) but for people with quite high star quality like Gauge and T-Bone, I dont understand why they are both capped at 70 in my save.

Also, what's the point of the "big" size, I went straight from medium to Large, because Canada is so easy to get pop in

The Big size is for people like me who forget to have TV in Canada until after they get Big lol.

In my game Greg is sitting at 91 pop cap and regularly hits 95-99 performances. AND I just signed Matthew Keith away from BHOTWG. Hopefully don't see pop cap issues with him.

Curious question: how would you guys book Sinner Society in angles? I know best grade possible route is give Eddie Peak ent & leave the rest on nothing but I'd also like to be developing Shark/Titan/Booth and the Peak segments arent such a focus of the show that I need great grades with it. So would you guys have Shark/Titan on Menace and Booth on ent? How would you go about it? Not in a gamey way but in a realistic way.

If you stay under 5 mins you can have Floyd Goldworthy talk for the Behemoths, which should give you decent enough ratings. If they still have the tag belts just have them go over whatever teams can take it and find new teams to feed them. Maybe have them work with big name guys in six-mans when they don't need a win here and there. I think six-man tags ought to be used more in American wrestling.

If you stay under 5 mins you can have Floyd Goldworthy talk for the Behemoths, which should give you decent enough ratings. If they still have the tag belts just have them go over whatever teams can take it and find new teams to feed them. Maybe have them work with big name guys in six-mans when they don't need a win here and there. I think six-man tags ought to be used more in American wrestling.

I strictly meant angles lol. Staying under 5 minutes wont really help the guys grow as much & develop their entertainment skills which is more the intent.

af819aa6d37458e9e9d1fd13ac13ba0d.png

Where Angels Fear to Tread is in the books.

The Bodyguard here is Gargantuan & hes mostly working as Bach's bodyguard. Im currently building up The Bantom Beast so I dont have time to give Gargantuan endless squashes to give him a push. Danny had also promised to put over Thomas. This wasnt a match I shouldve held given the disparity in their pops but I knew I wasnt going to use Danny & Dazzling as anything more than bodies in Freddy's stable while Thomas & Bodyguard have more of a future.

Black in Business is D-Pod & T-Bone. I brought in D-Pod because I wanted better T-Bone segments & they had excellent managerial chemistry + excellent tag team chemistry which is perfect. Initially I was going to have Mo & Bright win the tag titles, but Ill have Mo focus on singles competition & Pod/Bright will capture the tag titles. Not sure if at Mayhem, I want to give New Wave their record 7th reign so might have Shark & Titan pass it on to them instead.

Remus beat Arsenal & will be officially becoming the deputy of the Cult of Bach after having gone through everyone else in the stable (Arsenal was just a Bach picked opponent though).

Behemoths retained tag titles & this also featured Foxx & Benny's official last time teaming up.

BLZ Bubb made his singles return to TCW (he is way over TD) beating Bantom in a tight brawl. Im trying to get Bantom quickly up the card but its not a very easy feat. The signing wasnt intentional but I dont want to slowly push up a 33 year old monster. I am leaning on Bantom/Bubb vs. Booth/Peak for Mayhem but I might want Mo to go over Bubb instead. It would be impromptu but Mo is one big win from being a main eventer and has been chained to a mediocre storyline from game start.

Serious Stone & Taylor get one over Huggins & Hocking finally. Huggins is already a headliner quality guy tbh so I was hesitant even letting him lose this but gotta give Stone/Taylor their wins. Im still not sure if I want Huggins to go after the tag division or challenge the main event. Hell, if I had a second brand he'd be good enough to headline for sure.

Stardust & Wolf was just keeping the two busy. Wolf is basically on autopilot till the Syndicate blows up and he joins Hawkins' pack. The New Wave take a tough loss but theyve got their big final moment coming soon.

Bach & Chord face off in their second singles match so far. Bach wins with the help of The Bodyguard. I wanted to give Chord the win but since Im planning to give Bach his LONG AWAITED moment, I have to build him out of his underperformances into a credible headliner.

Ace faced Gauge in a special challenge match. Hawkins chose his opponent while Ace chose Hawkins' opponent. Hawkins went to a time limit draw with Gauge that same week where Gauge retained the TV title. Gauge is a main event guy in all but name, on paper he still is clearly under them but skill wise & pop wise hes basically at their level. I dont have any intention of giving him a world title for another year at least & he still has his TV title program occupying him so I can waste these big match-ups pretty freely.

Hawkins beat Lover in Lover's singles return. Lover is in TD but he has slightly more pop. I am planning on a Once in a Lifetime match with Ace so this was a good test for a headlining Lover.

Total Mayhem is next & im pretty excited for it. I am really tempted to open a second brand but I dont want to do it until Bach has had his time at the top of the company so it may not happen till Mayhem 2021.

I also brought in Hurakan from EILL since I saw a future sim where he was insane. I've got a manager for him so hopefully they have chem. Im not rushing his build up. Pretty Okakura was also brought in because he quit EX2010. He just needs to get the hang of the language. Finally, I signed PRIDE Koiso who will be renamed to TOTAL Koiso. He's great on the mic so I will be using him as a road agent before transitioning him into a manager when he is comfortable with the language. I picture him as being our Tazz.

I get what you are asking now. Then you will just have to suffer through the bad promos until they get used to going without a script. It does take a while even for the wrestlers who are good at it.

I just got done with Total Mayhem 2021. Ace beat Tommy to end the feud in a 99 rated match to run the table on major challengers for his title. Wolf will be winning the King of Kings and finally get his win over Ace come November/next May. Both Davis Wayne Newton and Nelson Callum look to be ready to challenge Ace in the meantime.

I have a few guys on the midcard/lower part of main event that have hit pop cap and will be leaving, which should get me down to about 55 wrestlers in mid 2022. I took a look when USPW was "looking to add to it's roster" in the news. They had 80 wrestlers. I can barely keep 60 going with 7 or 8 feuds on 5 hours of TV per week.

In 2 months I will be launching my own PPV service for Canada, Mexico and the U.S.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks guys! I'm a sucker for tag team wrestling so trying to put together a good division.<p> </p><p> Who are the Canadian Blondes and Dead Men Walking? Not sure I've seen those names before.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Canadian Blondes are Flash Savage and Ozzie Goldstein and Dead Men Walking are Gravedigga and Mobstar from GSW</p><p> You can also check any other tag team in the world in your tag team screen for more ideas</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="euceleu" data-cite="euceleu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Canadian Blondes are Flash Savage and Ozzie Goldstein and Dead Men Walking are Gravedigga and Mobstar from GSW<p> You can also check any other tag team in the world in your tag team screen for more ideas</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't know that was something I could do. I'll take a look when I play tonight.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks</p>

Looking for some advice if I may.

I'm in the process of a breakdown of The Syndicate, Wolf has just recently turned face and atm Doc is in charge, over time I'm plotting Jay Chord becoming the new leader and changing the groups name, issue being I cant think of a name...

Any ideas?