TCW Discussion Thread

Well, that depends on what you're planning to do with the division. But...

Short term- Christy Higgins, Lilly & Rose, and pretty much any of the top of the card from QAW.

Long term- Black Diamond, Joanna Silver, Simony Sentinel, Lucy Stone-McFly (once she debuts).

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James The Animator" data-cite="James The Animator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm going to warn you all; I have some very harsh criticism of how TCW looks this year. This all might seem very negative, but keep in mind these are my opinions at a surface level.<p> </p><p> I think TCW is in bad shape this year. With RDJ, Rocky, and Bryan Vessey all gone, the top of the card has lost a lot of depth, especially on the face side of things. It's at the point where they're seriously running with <strong>Aaron Andrews</strong> as the top babyface in the company. I've always been a fan of Ace; I thought he was somebody who could be a decent Tier 2 main event wrestler. But I simply cannot picture him as "the man" right now when Wolf Hawkins, Sammy Bach, and Jay Chord are all still prominently featured in the company. What hurts is that Sammy should have taken this opportunity to rise to the main event and win the World Heavyweight Championship. Alas, that never happened, and now he is almost certainly too old and beaten down to earn that push in most saves.</p><p> </p><p> Meanwhile, the reunited Syndicate doesn't impress me. It's Wolf, three older guys who don't stand out to me much, and the next big heel in TCW, 4C alumnus Chris Flynn. Well, it made sense to somebody. Personally, I think that in this year's game, Wolf should have been the top face opposite Jay Chord. Jay's enough of a jerk to make the swaggering Wolf seem modest in comparison, so I think it would have worked fine. Instead Chord is still stuck with Tier 2 overness, though I will concede that putting him in a starting storyline with Sammy Bach was a smart choice given both men's trajectories. The only problem is Greg Gauge will probably slide right into Chord's place in the next game, whenever that's released.</p><p> </p><p> In general, TCW's roster below the main event feels so stale. Greg Gauge really doesn't have much to work with as TV champion, facing the likes of Benny Benson, Danny Fonzarelli, & Bart Biggins. Also, I don't know who decided to break up The New Wave, but TCW's tag team division is taking their break-up pretty hard if the title's recent lineage is any indication. </p><p> </p><p> The roster just feels imbalanced in general, as all the most interesting and talented wrestlers are heels this year. The MAW developmental agreement looks like a waste of time too, as none of TCW's developmental workers look particularly impressive. I'm tempted to run TCW as a project just to completely gut the place from top to bottom.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> What I did gutted pretty much everyone beside 3-4 guys.</p>

<p>I really don't think it's so bad. Being at the size you are (72?), you can put any combination of top guys in the main event and your promo guys can carry you without worrying about National battles.</p><p> </p><p>

The lore is strange but there are other examples, which are bigger offenders.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James The Animator" data-cite="James The Animator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In general, TCW's roster below the main event feels so stale.<p> </p><p> The roster just feels imbalanced in general, as all the most interesting and talented wrestlers are heels this year. The MAW developmental agreement looks like a waste of time too, as none of TCW's developmental workers look particularly impressive. I'm tempted to run TCW as a project just to completely gut the place from top to bottom.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's beyond stale. In 2020, there are 36 workers on TCW's roster. 28 of them have been with the company since 2016 and 21 since 2013. That's a turnover of just 15 wrestlers in seven years! There's no real movement in the CornellVerse this game. USPW are supposed to be poaching talent according to the company bio, but they haven't poached a single worker from SWF or TCW since Frehley and Money in 2014. Their roster is even worse than TCW's. There has been no work put into moving the CornellVerse organically forward.</p><p> </p><p> That said, it puts TCW in a good position for a total overhaul like you mention, so from that point of view, it can be fun. I like the challenge of completely rebuilding a company, and there's enough talent available at the start of the game to give TCW a good roster. I use 80% of the current roster as jobbers to get the new talent over and two years into my save, I only have 12 of the starting 36 left.</p>

TCW having a bunch of old workers is kinda the appeal of it to me. There are quite a number of workers that are interesting to book and are kinda new to the game.

A lot of people play TEW and try to figure out how to "win" the game, but it's also fun to roleplay, so to speak, as a company that has clearly lost their way and is in a rough spot. So instead of undoing what is wrong with the company, you embrace it.

TCW is fine if you can keep Chord & Hawkins

I'm going to warn you all; I have some very harsh criticism of how TCW looks this year. This all might seem very negative, but keep in mind these are my opinions at a surface level.

I think TCW is in bad shape this year. With RDJ, Rocky, and Bryan Vessey all gone, the top of the card has lost a lot of depth, especially on the face side of things. It's at the point where they're seriously running with Aaron Andrews as the top babyface in the company. I've always been a fan of Ace; I thought he was somebody who could be a decent Tier 2 main event wrestler. But I simply cannot picture him as "the man" right now when Wolf Hawkins, Sammy Bach, and Jay Chord are all still prominently featured in the company. What hurts is that Sammy should have taken this opportunity to rise to the main event and win the World Heavyweight Championship. Alas, that never happened, and now he is almost certainly too old and beaten down to earn that push in most saves.

Meanwhile, the reunited Syndicate doesn't impress me. It's Wolf, three older guys who don't stand out to me much, and the next big heel in TCW, 4C alumnus Chris Flynn. Well, it made sense to somebody. Personally, I think that in this year's game, Wolf should have been the top face opposite Jay Chord. Jay's enough of a jerk to make the swaggering Wolf seem modest in comparison, so I think it would have worked fine. Instead Chord is still stuck with Tier 2 overness, though I will concede that putting him in a starting storyline with Sammy Bach was a smart choice given both men's trajectories. The only problem is Greg Gauge will probably slide right into Chord's place in the next game, whenever that's released.

In general, TCW's roster below the main event feels so stale. Greg Gauge really doesn't have much to work with as TV champion, facing the likes of Benny Benson, Danny Fonzarelli, & Bart Biggins. Also, I don't know who decided to break up The New Wave, but TCW's tag team division is taking their break-up pretty hard if the title's recent lineage is any indication.

The roster just feels imbalanced in general, as all the most interesting and talented wrestlers are heels this year. The MAW developmental agreement looks like a waste of time too, as none of TCW's developmental workers look particularly impressive. I'm tempted to run TCW as a project just to completely gut the place from top to bottom.

If you can keep Wolf and Jay from being poached TCW is going to be fine. You have to use Bach to elevate someone like Gauge,Taylor, Mo, Huggins or even someone like Hocking. Hell have Gauge drop the TV Title to Bach and move Gauge into the main event scene shortly after that.

It's beyond stale. In 2020, there are 36 workers on TCW's roster. 28 of them have been with the company since 2016 and 21 since 2013. That's a turnover of just 15 wrestlers in seven years! There's no real movement in the CornellVerse this game. USPW are supposed to be poaching talent according to the company bio, but they haven't poached a single worker from SWF or TCW since Frehley and Money in 2014. Their roster is even worse than TCW's. There has been no work put into moving the CornellVerse organically forward.

As an Aside, This is one of my two MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR gripes and complaints with the 2020 as a whole. I didn't expect every roster to be different, but I did expect more than 1-4 people shuffled around a roster here and there. The other gripe being the near utter lack of future workers in the default data. Sure there are a few, but the random gens can NOT be relied upon to save you because they are utterly random. It's why I released my mod. It's like the creator totally forgot about the in game universe until the last minute or something.

Still, Looking at TCW, they are in a bad way and usually in my games they stick at #3 and don't really go much anywhere. They get poached by the other two, then turn around and poach from the indies. I rarely see them get anyone I'd raise an eyebrow for.

TCW has been my favorite company this edition. I think the issues some players have with the roster are warranted but not game breaking. There are definitely some boring workers in the midcard, but there are enough interesting characters to get by for the first half year or so.

I didn't play much CVerse in prior editions so my lore knowledge is not very strong, but it seems like TCW is in a rebuilding stage. They moved headquarters (or was that last game?) and fell behind the other big two companies. It makes sense that their main event scene is strong with a weak supporting cast. And those main eventers are great in ring and on the mic so relying on them for good ratings is easy.

TCW really becomes strong a year into a save, at least for me. At that point, with one or two poached workers (Valiant and Primus Allen for me) and a stronger midcard, they are like 3 shows away from Large.

As an Aside, This is one of my two MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR gripes and complaints with the 2020 as a whole. I didn't expect every roster to be different, but I did expect more than 1-4 people shuffled around a roster here and there. The other gripe being the near utter lack of future workers in the default data. Sure there are a few, but the random gens can NOT be relied upon to save you because they are utterly random. It's why I released my mod. It's like the creator totally forgot about the in game universe until the last minute or something.

Still, Looking at TCW, they are in a bad way and usually in my games they stick at #3 and don't really go much anywhere. They get poached by the other two, then turn around and poach from the indies. I rarely see them get anyone I'd raise an eyebrow for.

This is spot on. No offense to whoever worked on the database, but the content isn't any good. After buying the game on release, I have not played much.

There was a thread before release of people exciting about the possibilities and I feel like the release let a lot of people down.

TCW is super weak, and like everybody has said haven't changed much in a decade besides some guys aging out.

It could be worse, I guess. Could be like Canada in which 2 GREAT promotions got replaced with a company that can't use all the talent.

TCW having a bunch of old workers is kinda the appeal of it to me. There are quite a number of workers that are interesting to book and are kinda new to the game.

A lot of people play TEW and try to figure out how to "win" the game, but it's also fun to roleplay, so to speak, as a company that has clearly lost their way and is in a rough spot. So instead of undoing what is wrong with the company, you embrace it.

I understand the frustration that people have with staleness and muddy tag division in TCW but roleplaying the rebuild is loads more fun than going for big ratings. Plus I suffer from sign everyone syndrome so hunkering down and using the core roster while making "archetype" signings (tag team, high charisma face, and member of my boy stable) helps.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's beyond stale. In 2020, there are 36 workers on TCW's roster. 28 of them have been with the company since 2016 and 21 since 2013. That's a turnover of just 15 wrestlers in seven years! There's no real movement in the CornellVerse this game. USPW are supposed to be poaching talent according to the company bio, but they haven't poached a single worker from SWF or TCW since Frehley and Money in 2014. Their roster is even worse than TCW's. There has been no work put into moving the CornellVerse organically forward.<p> </p><p> That said, it puts TCW in a good position for a total overhaul like you mention, so from that point of view, it can be fun. I like the challenge of completely rebuilding a company, and there's enough talent available at the start of the game to give TCW a good roster. I use 80% of the current roster as jobbers to get the new talent over and two years into my save, I only have 12 of the starting 36 left.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't look at the title historys... I've sometimes considered trying to go in and add some title lineage because it doesn't look like much has changed and there's huge gaps. As someone who is new to the CornellVerse this round I was trying to go through everyone's profile individually in TCW to learn about the promotion there's just not a lot there...Joshua Taylor is considered a star by the fans hasn't won a belt since 2010. Sammy Bach hasn't been a champion since 2012? Huh. Jay Chord who seems like a blue chip has only been the TV champ one time since 2015. I get this may be a promotion of long reigns but...having trouble learning the history when there is none.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ghetto Anthony" data-cite="Ghetto Anthony" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don't look at the title historys... I've sometimes considered trying to go in and add some title lineage because it doesn't look like much has changed and there's huge gaps. As someone who is new to the CornellVerse this round I was trying to go through everyone's profile individually in TCW to learn about the promotion there's just not a lot there...Joshua Taylor is considered a star by the fans hasn't won a belt since 2010. Sammy Bach hasn't been a champion since 2012? Huh. Jay Chord who seems like a blue chip has only been the TV champ one time since 2015. I get this may be a promotion of long reigns but...having trouble learning the history when there is none.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> TCW has just had old school style booking where everyone wasn't winning belts all the time. It makes them fun to play because you get to focus on say a Sammy Bach, Mighty Mo, or Jay Chord and build to a big first World title win.</p><p> </p><p> If you look at AEW for example, you have a roster of guys who have been with the company since the beginning and haven't won gold and most likely wont for the next 2 years despite being popular.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="combolock" data-cite="combolock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is spot on. No offense to whoever worked on the database, but the content isn't any good. After buying the game on release, I have not played much.<p> </p><p> There was a thread before release of people exciting about the possibilities and I feel like the release let a lot of people down. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>TCW is super weak</strong>, and like everybody has said haven't changed much in a decade besides some guys aging out.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> It could be worse, I guess. Could be like Canada in which 2 GREAT promotions got replaced with a company that can't use all the talent.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They always grow to Big within six months, and Large within a year if booked right.</p>

Nicky Champion

I've signed Nicky Champion post Psycho Circus and want to keep him away from the World title for close to a year. Wolf has only just beaten Jay for it and i have Mighty Mo and Greg Gauge up and coming to mix things up.

Need ideas to keep him away that make sense.

I've signed Nicky Champion post Psycho Circus and want to keep him away from the World title for close to a year. Wolf has only just beaten Jay for it and i have Mighty Mo and Greg Gauge up and coming to mix things up.

I would just keep it simple. Have Wolf tell him he may have been a big star elsewhere, but not here. He'll have to work his way up to a title shot. Then Champion can start at the bottom and work his way through the card, earning his way to a shot.

I would think Chord would be able to take a couple of months up with Champion and provide great matches. Them I'd have a guy who is about to be a main event guy "test" himself against him. The young guy will probably get a pop boost too.. Then you could work into the Wolf/Champion program.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ThorJ" data-cite="ThorJ" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've signed Nicky Champion post Psycho Circus and want to keep him away from the World title for close to a year. Wolf has only just beaten Jay for it and i have Mighty Mo and Greg Gauge up and coming to mix things up.<p> </p><p> Need ideas to keep him away that make sense.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you have some young heel punks, who'd like to make a name for themselves? If some ex USPW hero would come into MY company, swaggering his prideful a** around and making fotos with the little TCW fans as if he is BETTER than us <strong>TrueCW</strong> guys, I would push his big mouth into the dirt. ;-)</p><p> </p><p> It's OUR company. Not Nickys or the fans. F*ck PGUSPW!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James The Animator" data-cite="James The Animator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you opposed to having Aaron Andrews turn heel on Champion? Andrews was the top face of TCW not long ago, but he's since been overshadowed by Wolf's quest to beat Jay for the title. Now this big lad from USPW is coming in and stealing the number-two spot with no work. It's too much for Ace to take, so he attacks Champion, & they have an extended blood feud, which Champion eventually wins to prepare him for the title match vs. Wolf. You'll have to do some creative booking to make the feud last for around a year, or you could come up with something else for Champion to do in the interim.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like this idead but Ive currently got a heel heavy and stable heavy roster right now so need to do some switches around but Aaron is definitely a bit stale at the moment as our No.1 face.</p><p> </p><p> Signed Running Wolf as well luckily enough so they both can spend some time in the tag division before expanding elsewhere.</p>

<p>I'm into February in year two now. I find it easy with TCW to dominate North America. 88 Pop in most of US and Canada. Finances are easy too. Just keep bidding on new wrestlers and get the best guys in.</p><p>

Currently my main feuds are</p><p> </p><p>

Sammy (Two Time Champion) Vrs Wolf</p><p>

Andrews Vrs Jay</p><p>

So generic to a year ago. At the moment I have Chris Flynn with Wolf and Angry Gilmore with Sammy. So a combination of those four will be feuding till the 1v1 at Mayhem.</p><p> </p><p>

My Tag Champions are </p><p>

Ed Stone&Julius Moor, both at 90 Pop vrs Doc Hammond&Steven Parker</p><p> </p><p>

Thom Barrowman&JohnAnderson are Feuding with Titan&MightyMo -Mo is 90 pop, on a new contract and turned Heel to be my No.4 Heel. They will be feuding with Stone and Moor for Total Mayhem.</p><p> </p><p>

My international (has to be brought back) champion and my Monster Heel is Scythe. He has had the belt for 230days and 24 defences so far. He's feuding with Fro Sure, and I want to push Fro so he can slot in as a figurehead after sammy.</p><p> </p><p>

Jack DeColt is the TV champ, and is feuding with Casey Valentine.</p><p>

Greg Gauge has just turned face, and is at 80 pop. I'm going to leave him around this, maybe reduce his pop, till I renew his contract in 10 months time. He's great to have as a third man in a three way singles match.</p><p> </p><p>

My Tag Title is up to 78 Prestige and the world title is up to 87. I have loads of great tag teams, and most of them have positive chemistry.</p><p>

Face - [EdStone/JuliusMoor][barrowman/Anderson][MarshalDillon/DWNewton][Tana/HighFlyingHawaian][Zimmy/Benny][JoshuaTalor/IslandBoyAppollo][AmericanJnr/EmeraldAngel][TBone/Fonz][sammy/AngryG]</p><p>

Heels - [Mighty/Titan][DocHammond/SParker][Vessey/Troy][Miura/Yoshizawa][Munemitsu/Tsuneyo][Peak/Greed][Whitehead/Blackfriar][MattHocking/RoderickRemus]</p><p> </p><p>

I use Troy Tornado, as a guy who's been around for ages, so if I want a transition champion for any belt I usually give it to him. He had a month as TV Champion and Tag Champion with Vessey. </p><p> </p><p>

I have nothing really to do with Hocking and Roderick. They kinda get lost.</p><p> </p><p>

The hardest part of TCW is getting the announcing sorted. I now have Duane Fry, Lee Bambino.</p>

<p>Signed Running Wolf as well luckily enough so they both can spend some time in the tag division before expanding elsewhere.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

why not a have Nicky and Wolf come in as allies to Andrews. Nicky and Wolf can be in the tag ranks and doing 6 man tags with Andrews against the heels. Then tension can start brewing between Champion and Andrews. Nicky gets a title shot and Andrews causes him to lose the match setting up a huge fued between them.</p>

So whats best way to maximize match ratings? I did Wolf vs Aaron & made it an epic the rating got 83 but they each got rated 93.

This isn't exactly the answer to your question but I have learned to NEVER use the epic/spectacle/once in a lifetime/etc match aims because they seem to never work.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tew101" data-cite="Tew101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So whats best way to maximize match ratings? I did Wolf vs Aaron & made it an epic the rating got 83 but they each got rated 93.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ive noticed TCW often have spinal moves banned? this can lessen your ratings</p>

I set up a TCW game after playing a few times, and observing a few times

Immediately kept pushing Greg Gauge to the top... shortlisted: Matthew Keith, KC Glenn, Duane Fry, Emma Chase, a few refs (Alvin ... forget the last name). Signed up a ton of future prospects from raw to about ready to push to a higher level: Ernest Youngman, Mr Lucha III & Extraordinario Jr who formed a tag team, The Ring Generals, Mutant, Damian Dastardly, Logan Wolfsbaine, Garry the Entertainer. Negotiated the start of the B show, Saturday Night Showcase. After a month of seeing whose ring ratings were acceptable for the big time, I began sky rocket pushing Ernest Youngman, The Ring Generals, and Dos Lucha (Lucha/Extraordinario). By the turn of 2021, heading into Total Mayhem, Youngman had a pop of 80.. The Ring Generals 66/65, Dos Lucha 70/68 (they came out on top of the feud w Ring Generals for tag belts), began pushing Mutant, Dastardly, and lightly using Garry. Had Garry destroyed by Mutant in an early B show storyline, and edited him to become Garry Walker. Just a name change, and changing to an actual finisher. Signed Matthew Keith after the second Total Mayhem I booked, at this time getting 95 avg on PPVs and high 80's-low 90's on Total Wrestling. Pushed Keith directly to the top. Wolf Hawkins had a scandal, so I sent him away for a year. The heavy pushing of my signings had a few talents who were declining ask for their release, which I gladly gave.

Keith vs Gauge and Andrews vs Chord became the two top feuds by the time I gained #1 status in the world. Right around this time I created a brand split, as Melody, Jaime Quine, and Brooke Tyler all became available for signing-creating a womens division, adding Fuyuko Higa and Thea Davis to the mix. Eventually got Alicia Strong, amongst many others. Aldous Blackfriar was another later signing who came in and became a very useful upper-mid-card type of talent. KC Glenn and Sebastian Koehller became available sign around this time, so I scooped them up and formed a tag team The New Rock & Roll who'd feud with The Ring Generals for a good year, when I gave up control.. and seemingly feuded with them AI for amost another year... Almost all of my main event in TCW were 82+ in pop. In TWW (the brand split for womens wrestling), by the time I'd give up control of Kyle Rhodes: Alicia Strong, Brooke Tyler, Fuyuko higa, and Jaime Quine were all 80+ pop in the US.

I would go on to sim a year, start a small fed with an out of work talent, give up control and sim another year. Simmed to 2031.

TCW is the top company, undisputed, in the world. KC Glenn is the current world champion; winning the title from Joffy Laine (who I had brought in as an undercard-enhancement talent with a 2 year contract, I guess AI resigned him and pushed him hard.) The Ring Generals, as of posting, are 5 time TCW World Tag Team Champions. Fuyuko Higa has been named Women's Wrestler of the year 2 straight years. Keith, Gauge, Chord, Andrews, Laine (transition reign?) and Glenn have held the World Title since I left. Tyler, Strong, Thea Davis and Higa have held the TWW World Title. There's a huge gap between both quality and popularity of TCW and USPW now.

Edit: simulated up to 3034 and USPW signed the entire top of TCW's card (men and womens) and I think Logan Wolfsbaine is now at the top of TCW's card with Mutant. So theres that.