TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

How do you book stuff like Cage matches and Ladder matches?

Either click on search, toggle the match up you want (ala 1 v 1 or 2 v 2), and click on search, scroll down and find the match type you want.

or click on the search bar on top of the list of match types and look up either cage or ladder or etc to find what you want.

Is anyone else finding absolutely 0 improvement in mic skills for workers? Ive had Greg Gauge and numerous others cut promos for months now and not a single attribute has gone up even a point.

Yeah, I've skimmed many games from many mods, and worker attributes as a whole never get better at all.

In one SIM I watched 10 workers all under age 30, only psychology and basics ever improved on all of them. Hardcore boosted a bit on a few.

It also is never a good improvement. For example, the Shinsuke of 2008 will be absolutely no different than the one of 2020 aside from less than 10 points in those 3 stats.

I think tew 2020 has been a disaster. Every mod I've tried to play I've given up due to crashes weeks in on a show. As soon as I get to the main event, I get an error and that's it. I literally cannot get to the next day no matter what. I'm 6 for 6 on mods for this.

Last night I tried the 2004 mod for the first time, on my 6th weekly show the game is just stuck. Repairing it doesn't work.... no matter what I book it crashes at the main event and that's it. Game over.

After 1 mod I thought it was the mod that was the issue but after 6, it's definitely the game itself.

Yeah, I've skimmed many games from many mods, and worker attributes as a whole never get better at all.

In one SIM I watched 10 workers all under age 30, only psychology and basics ever improved on all of them. Hardcore boosted a bit on a few.

It also is never a good improvement. For example, the Shinsuke of 2008 will be absolutely no different than the one of 2020 aside from less than 10 points in those 3 stats.

I think tew 2020 has been a disaster. Every mod I've tried to play I've given up due to crashes weeks in on a show. As soon as I get to the main event, I get an error and that's it. I literally cannot get to the next day no matter what. I'm 6 for 6 on mods for this.

Last night I tried the 2004 mod for the first time, on my 6th weekly show the game is just stuck. Repairing it doesn't work.... no matter what I book it crashes at the main event and that's it. Game over.

After 1 mod I thought it was the mod that was the issue but after 6, it's definitely the game itself.

I've noticed that workers do gain skills just at a much slower pace than before, thank god. And I've used 4 different mods and went years in game time and never had a problem. 🤔

A riddle for the ages: what would be a good real world equivalent for the Episodic Sport product? I'm thinking Lucha Underground, but there's Episodic Lucha Libre and Grindhouse Lucha Libre for that, so... :D

Most likely something that hasn’t really existed yet. Picturing Thatcher/Gulak era EVOLVE except on tv. Cornette era ROH but just the world title picture (no headbangers, probably no Jimmy Jacobs), stuff like that.

I've noticed that workers do gain skills just at a much slower pace than before, thank god. And I've used 4 different mods and went years in game time and never had a problem. 🤔

So far people have lost some stats in ent skills, 0 have gained for me.

It seems a little broken, but I will see after a year of my save, only done 6 months

So unfortunately just as I found a TEW save I was getting into my old laptop has decided to die on me. It was probably due an upgrade anyway so I have a new one coming. I can access the old one still but wouldn’t like to do so for an extended period of time.

My question is... is it as simple to transfer to a new machine as deactivating the licence on the old one, downloading the game again and then putting in the number from my purchase email? Is there anything else I need to do?

Is there an easy way to take control of a promotion?

I've been playing a Watcher game and I've gotten more than a little interested in a promotion that I'd like to book. Unfortunately, their current booker/owner shows no sign of leaving. Is there an easy way to replace the guy so I can take control? I don't mind using the in game editor.

add yourself as a new player and select that company as your own.

You won't be able to use the same 'watcher' character as that you're on, but adding player is the easiest.

Thanks! I never even thought of that. I was planning to try to edit the Booker's age to really old, hope he died and then try to take over.

What causes workers to suddenly quit promotions? Personality? Random?

For example, I've just seen a worker with the Professional personality quit OLLIE and he now hates Phoenix III, who also has a professional personality. The news item said it was due to a missed payment but that's not something the booker would have control over.

A riddle for the ages: what would be a good real world equivalent for the Episodic Sport product? I'm thinking Lucha Underground, but there's Episodic Lucha Libre and Grindhouse Lucha Libre for that, so... :D

Maybe World of Sport? Johnny Saint-era, I mean. The revival had too much SE in it.

What causes workers to suddenly quit promotions? Personality? Random?

For example, I've just seen a worker with the Professional personality quit OLLIE and he now hates Phoenix III, who also has a professional personality. The news item said it was due to a missed payment but that's not something the booker would have control over.

That sounds like a bug. An incident like that should've had the hatred relationship put on Phoenix I. As many Mark Carnie incidents as I've seen, it's always him who gets hated for skipping out on payments.

Workers of all personality types can hand in their notice (contract permitting) and that's happening a TON, from what I've seen and read (in various dynasties and such).

Workers of all personality types can hand in their notice (contract permitting) and that's happening a TON, from what I've seen and read (in various dynasties and such).

I lost pretty much all of my starting non wrestlers as QAW this way. From what I've seen in AI promotions they just hire them back 6 months later regardless, because of course nobody quits a tiny company and then gets booked a bunch.

I lost pretty much all of my starting non wrestlers as QAW this way. From what I've seen in AI promotions they just hire them back 6 months later regardless, because of course nobody quits a tiny company and then gets booked a bunch.

I wish Vinny would do that. I want to fire him for Jillian's desertion (cuz I'm a vindictive SOB) but don't think it would be fair (yes yes I know, Lady MacBeth). But he just won't bugger off.

How can I run the game on two computers

I operate my own business and I can play from office ubt then I want to do it from my place also.. I will transfer my save via mail. How can I operate on two computers?

I buy two (or more) keys because I can't be arsed to deactivate license then reactivate license on multiple computers.

I had a quick question about debuting workers.

I've signed some good international talent, but they don't have any real name value in my promotion's region - can I give them a big debut win over a star wrestler, or will I get hammered for it?

How does this work? Will I be able to successfully establish an unknown worker quickly in this manner, or do I need to build them organically?

Quick question: When a worker comes to you and volunteers to put someone over and it says "The offer is good for three matches and will last for two months," what is the three matches referring to? That they are willing to lose up to three matches to them without complaining, or that it has to happen within their next three matches?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ruthian23" data-cite="Ruthian23" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick question: When a worker comes to you and volunteers to put someone over and it says "The offer is good for three matches and will last for two months," what is the three matches referring to? That they are willing to lose up to three matches to them without complaining, or that it has to happen within their next three matches?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It means they are willing to lose three matches.</p><p> </p><p> I have only had it once, but it was for one match in six months, I haven't used it yet as both are faces, but don't worry you have the full duration to cash that promise in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JonButterfield" data-cite="JonButterfield" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I had a quick question about debuting workers.<p> </p><p> I've signed some good international talent, but they don't have any real name value in my promotion's region - can I give them a big debut win over a star wrestler, or will I get hammered for it?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You will get hammered for it, and for good reason. That's almost never a good idea (exception: if the star in question is leaving the company).</p><p> </p><p> If you're referring to your home region, use your preshow. Debut them on the main show (authority figure reveals new signing) then have them in angles and matches in your preshow (on shows held in your home region) until they get to recognizable. Then have them win a match on the main show against an 'unimportant' or lower 'recognizable'. That should work to get them into your regular rotation.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ruthian23" data-cite="Ruthian23" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick question: When a worker comes to you and volunteers to put someone over and it says "The offer is good for three matches and will last for two months," what is the three matches referring to? That they are willing to lose up to three matches to them without complaining, or that it has to happen within their next three matches?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Means he's willing to lose to said worker three times.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You will get hammered for it, and for good reason. That's almost never a good idea (exception: if the star in question is leaving the company).<p> </p><p> If you're referring to your home region, use your preshow. Debut them on the main show (authority figure reveals new signing) then have them in angles and matches in your preshow (on shows held in your home region) until they get to recognizable. Then have them win a match on the main show against an 'unimportant' or lower 'recognizable'. That should work to get them into your regular rotation.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> All right, thank you very much, I've come across from WMMA where I'd pretty much routinely pit a strong fighter from another region against a strong fighter from my region, and it's always worth it!</p><p> </p><p> Appreciate the response, and that's kind of what I expected. I wanted to, but if the boost to the incoming wrestler doesn't compensate for the hit to the established wrestler then there's no point!</p>