TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Appreciate the response, and that's kind of what I expected. I wanted to, but if the boost to the incoming wrestler doesn't compensate for the hit to the established wrestler then there's no point!

Yeah, for the most part, popularity is everything. If a worker is 'big in Japan', it doesn't mean much unless the match is being held in Japan. So that worker doing a show in the US (where they ostensibly have little popularity) could not go over someone who is 'big in America' without the loser taking a BIG hit to their popularity and momentum. That is, unless the worker offered to put over that locally unpopular worker.

Do successful angles still help momentum? (the worker being booked to "win" an angle).

Conversely, does flubbing lines, poor angle performance, and being booked to "lose" an angle hurt momentum?

I don't know what you mean by winning an angle. If the angle rates higher than their local popularity, the worker will gain popularity and momentum. It won't be nearly as fast as in previous editions but it'll happen. Even if the angles get dinged for 'terrible without a script to follow' or 'did not come out of this looking good', what matters is the rating.

Yeah, for the most part, popularity is everything. If a worker is 'big in Japan', it doesn't mean much unless the match is being held in Japan. So that worker doing a show in the US (where they ostensibly have little popularity) could not go over someone who is 'big in America' without the loser taking a BIG hit to their popularity and momentum. That is, unless the worker offered to put over that locally unpopular worker.

I don't know what you mean by winning an angle. If the angle rates higher than their local popularity, the worker will gain popularity and momentum. It won't be nearly as fast as in previous editions but it'll happen. Even if the angles get dinged for 'terrible without a script to follow' or 'did not come out of this looking good', what matters is the rating.

"Winning an angle" is when someone is booked on Success, whereas losing would be getting booked on Defeat, such as a beat-down.

These should have a much higher impact on Momentum than segment rating should IMO.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I looked everywhere in the tech support forum, and I figured I'd get a quicker answer here.

Has anyone had issues installing the patch? Whenever I drag it into the folder to replace it, it asks for admin permission, so I hit "continue", and then a "destination folder access denied" pops up and says "you need permission to perform this action" and the only options are "try again" and cancel. Hitting try again does nothing.

Yup just mean what The Nickman said. Setting Success vs Defeat

These should have a much higher impact on Momentum than segment rating should IMO.

Got it. So am I understanding correctly that we are able to get someone over even if they're beat up in angles every week, so long as the angle is rated higher than their pop?? And "losing" in said angles will have absolutely no impact on their momentum?

couple questions

still getting used to 2020 but is it possible to contact a promotion about doing a collab show? im playing as wwe and i wanna hit up new japan to do a crossover show in Japan.

also is it possible to actually book a special episode of raw or do i have to just book it like its special and pretend its special in my head lol

still getting used to 2020 but is it possible to contact a promotion about doing a collab show? im playing as wwe and i wanna hit up new japan to do a crossover show in Japan.

also is it possible to actually book a special episode of raw or do i have to just book it like its special and pretend its special in my head lol

You could do a talent trade agreement.

Got it. So am I understanding correctly that we are able to get someone over even if they're beat up in angles every week, so long as the angle is rated higher than their pop?? And "losing" in said angles will have absolutely no impact on their momentum?

Haha no, I really don't think you can assume that at all!

I'm not quite sure what the biggest driver to momentum is for angles in TEW2020, whether it's segment rating OR storyline success, I suspect it's probably a combination of the two.

You could always edit the show prior to booking and change the name of it (100th Raw Spectacular or something like that) before booking it and then reverting to the original name afterwards? That way in your Show History that's how it will show up.

You may even be able to change your show length to 3 hours and back too, but I'm a bit unsure whether the network will let you.

I should know this but how do workers pick where they are prioritizing to work? I had an announcer sign a handshake with another company; I'm based in Canada, where he lives and is in the 30s popularity... this company is in Japan and he's 10 popularity there... Additionally my company is 4th biggest in the world, and the company he signed with is 14th. Any logic to why he's picking them over us? Only thing I can think is they are touring so he's prioritizing the tour over a TV Show.

Creating New Worker In Database

Hey, I have a quick question about adding yet-to-debut workers to the database. Is there a way of adding a worker to the database who will debut later in the game, but will do so with a specific company? I know I could add them as a graduate of a specific company dojo/school, and that will give that company the right to first refusal.

But if I wanted to create, say, a movie star who decides to wrestle for a massive promotion, but it would be unrealistic to think they went through an academy, is there any way to add them to the database and guarantee they only sign with a specific company? If I add a contract to a yet-to-debut worker, the database flags it as a critical error.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Haha no, I really don't think you can assume that at all!

I'm not quite sure what the biggest driver to momentum is for angles in TEW2020, whether it's segment rating OR storyline success, I suspect it's probably a combination of the two.

I definitely hope it's a combination. I just haven't seen any movement from having people be booked for Success in storylines. I'll do some more messing around though.

Hey, I have a quick question about adding yet-to-debut workers to the database. Is there a way of adding a worker to the database who will debut later in the game, but will do so with a specific company? I know I could add them as a graduate of a specific company dojo/school, and that will give that company the right to first refusal.

But if I wanted to create, say, a movie star who decides to wrestle for a massive promotion, but it would be unrealistic to think they went through an academy, is there any way to add them to the database and guarantee they only sign with a specific company? If I add a contract to a yet-to-debut worker, the database flags it as a critical error.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

It's not possible if they didn't go through a training school. It's not unrealistic to say that the movie star spent a couple of weeks at a training school to learn the ropes for the company they wanted to work for. If WWE were to want to bring in a movie star to wrestle, they'd go through a WWE led camp on some level -- so I say just have them go through the dojo.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="xXUnderGroundXx" data-cite="xXUnderGroundXx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does "this title is considered an achievement" mean? Is it used to add prestige to titles, like it's a really big deal, or is it used for titles that aren't really tangible like the Royal Rumble or King of the Ring?</div></blockquote><p> It essentially means whether or not the term "title" is used. So you'd have it on if you won King of the Ring or the Royal Rumble or Money in the Bank.</p><p> </p><p> It's the difference between "Steve Austin defeated The Rock to win the King of the Ring title"</p><p> </p><p> and</p><p> </p><p> "Steve Austin defeated the Rock to win the King of the Ring"</p><p> </p><p> On a side note, I always rename my WWF World title to be the WWF Championship. I can now make it an achievement so it says "Steve Austin defeated The Rock to win the WWF Championship".</p><p> </p><p> It's brilliant!</p>

<p>Is there any way to tell my Child Company what to do?</p><p>

I created a child company, send away young workers and also hired a few veterans to help my child company with ratings and to give the young wrestlers better opportunities to gain popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

But the child company AI only pushed the old veterans and constantly jobs my talents to them.</p>

as TCW I brought Extraordianario Jr in, great worker, no pop. I got him to 35 quickly, but despite feeding him talent after talent, and them losing pop, he gains 0. He is on ice cold momentum, despite being happy, 18-0 in the company, and while his matches aren't incredible, they were improving before his momentum dropped. Even when he has good matches and I put him in angles with main eventers, his momentum does not get higher then ice cold. No idea what to do now

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hazemore" data-cite="Hazemore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>as TCW I brought Extraordianario Jr in, great worker, no pop. I got him to 35 quickly, but despite feeding him talent after talent, and them losing pop, he gains 0. He is on ice cold momentum, despite being happy, 18-0 in the company, and while his matches aren't incredible, they were improving before his momentum dropped. Even when he has good matches and I put him in angles with main eventers, his momentum does not get higher then ice cold. No idea what to do now</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's odd. What are the ratings of those matches like?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"Winning an angle" is when someone is booked on Success, whereas losing would be getting booked on Defeat, such as a beat-down.<p> </p><p> These should have a much higher impact on Momentum than segment rating should IMO.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Uh, if the worker in question is not in a storyline (with the person/people s/he is interacting with), that entire field is meaningless. The handbook says that field 'primarily affects storylines' so I guess there's room left for it to affect other things.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rickson" data-cite="rickson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way to tell my Child Company what to do?<p> I created a child company, send away young workers and also hired a few veterans to help my child company with ratings and to give the young wrestlers better opportunities to gain popularity.</p><p> </p><p> But the child company AI only pushed the old veterans and constantly jobs my talents to them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope. Unless you play as the dev. I wouldnt suggest hiring more than 2-3 active vets TBH. I have my Owner(Chess Maniac) and Booker(Frankie Boy) as my only Vets. Both are pushed strong by the AI but it makes sense. You want the experience at the top to help train the top guys. Anything over 2-3 is overkill imo.</p>

Uh, if the worker in question is not in a storyline (with the person/people s/he is interacting with), that entire field is meaningless. The handbook says that field 'primarily affects storylines' so I guess there's room left for it to affect other things.

Well that’s now completely changed in TEW2020, because in 2016 that affected momentum whether or not the worker was in a storyline.

This is interesting, I’m going to have to think about how I book my guys not in storylines now, as I often give them the post-match beatdown to get their heat back.

EDIT: actually the more I think about it, the more confused I am, as “success in storylines” is now purely cosmetic, and has been now for a few games at least. I genuinely don’t understand the point of successes and defeats now in angles if this is the case.

Would love some clarification on this.