TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<p>I've just noticed that Aldous Blackfriar has reached over 90 popularity across the entire US (and several over areas as well), which should trigger a 25% jump in his HoI progess, but he's still sitting at 5%.</p><p> </p><p> Is there some additional requirement I'm missing, like maintaining that level of pop over a certain amount of time? A bug?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brandon21" data-cite="brandon21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what does title considered an achievement mean? what does it change?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> All it does is change the flavor text to exclude the word "title" when mentioning it. "WORKER wins the King of the Ring" vs "WORKER wins the King of the Ring title".</p>

Does anyone know how long it takes for the "______ has rejected your negotiations because of their morale in ___" notification when going to sign people?

I released a lot of unhappy workers back over a year ago when I couldn't afford to put most of my roster on my big shows, and I'm still getting the notification when I try to sign a few of them back again. I don't have a negative relationship with anyone I'm trying to sign, and it's been so long since some of them worked for me that I'm wondering if it will ever go away.

<p>So I'm USPW and I've got a good sized dev company being run by the AI. They obviously share the default product.</p><p> </p><p>

Their lesser shows are 100% matches. That seems weird as they aren't lacking for star power or decent talkers, relative to their size.</p><p> </p><p>

That seems like a potential bug to me. Am I right to think this?</p>

Hey, I'm new to TEW in general and just got the game the other day. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this.

Thanks.

Click on the yellow text on the workers' profile, at the top. That's got a variety of options, including manager assignment.

Is there ever a point where making your own broadcaster is worth it?

I'm in the low 90s in my AEW game in the US and if I want to create a subscription broadcaster... it says I can expect 5 grand in profit per month.

So why would I want to create a broadcaster of my own for tens of millions if I can make more money on media and PPV deals?

So I'm USPW and I've got a good sized dev company being run by the AI. They obviously share the default product.

Their lesser shows are 100% matches. That seems weird as they aren't lacking for star power or decent talkers, relative to their size.

That seems like a potential bug to me. Am I right to think this?

Sounds like the AI is booking lesser events the way it would book touring events.

Tours are booked completely differently from regular events by the AI, with no angles and mostly multi-man tag matches (assuming the AI Booking Style allows those type of matches). They're basically house shows you can actually book.

From the way lesser events are described in the handbook, I wouldn't think the AI would book them the same way, but it could still be intentional.

Is there ever a point where making your own broadcaster is worth it?

I'm in the low 90s in my AEW game in the US and if I want to create a subscription broadcaster... it says I can expect 5 grand in profit per month.

So why would I want to create a broadcaster of my own for tens of millions if I can make more money on media and PPV deals?

For some reason, most of the money from subscription networks actually comes from advertising revenue instead of subscriptions. The number it gives you for profit or loss from subscriptions is really just the equivalent of the operating costs for the other broadcaster types -- in case of subscription networks, you can actually make a little bit of money if you're popular.

Last month, I made close to 8 million in ad revenue on a subscription network I don't own. That be closer to 10-11 million if I didn't have to split the revenue 70/30% with the network.

Sounds like the AI is booking lesser events the way it would book touring events.

Tours are booked completely differently from regular events by the AI, with no angles and mostly multi-man tag matches (assuming the AI Booking Style allows those type of matches). They're basically house shows you can actually book.

From the way lesser events are described in the handbook, I wouldn't think the AI would book them the same way, but it could still be intentional.

For some reason, most of the money from subscription networks actually comes from advertising revenue instead of subscriptions. The number it gives you for profit or loss from subscriptions is really just the equivalent of the operating costs for the other broadcaster types -- in case of subscription networks, you can actually make a little bit of money if you're popular.

Last month, I made close to 8 million in ad revenue on a subscription network I don't own. That be closer to 10-11 million if I didn't have to split the revenue 70/30% with the network.

So you're saying I'd be perfectly fine making a network and moving Dynamite to it... and to ignore what the game is telling me?

So you're saying I'd be perfectly fine making a network and moving Dynamite to it... and to ignore what the game is telling me?

I just ran a test: I launched a subscription network with Big coverage in the US, where I'm averaging about 90 pop. I ran an event that night and pulled in $1,005,940 broadcast revenue.

The cost/profit number for subscription networks is the money you'll pay/earn each month just for it exisiting (in my case a profit of $2,116). Any shows broadcast on it are pure profit.

How do workers decide which company they'll work for if they have a double schedule (working for two or more companies on the same day)?

The availability-screen says "Workers likely to be unavailable"...

Does the likely mean they'll definitely be unavailable or just maybe, and is there a way to be sure?

How do workers decide which company they'll work for if they have a double schedule (working for two or more companies on the same day)?

The availability-screen says "Workers likely to be unavailable"...

Does the likely mean they'll definitely be unavailable or just maybe, and is there a way to be sure?

I’m pretty sure they just work for the larger company (company prestige may modify it slightly), however if that company does not use the particular worker that night they may be available to you (I haven’t tested this, just thought I saw it mentioned elsewhere on the forum).

Hi guys !

I don't know if it's a bug or works as (strangely) intended but I have a Rookie whose attributes seem weird.

She has both "Play Comedy Well" and "No Comedy Matches".

And her biography even says : "She has no issue using comedy".

I guess all of those were generated randomly.

It's not really a problem, but it looks kinda odd.

Hi guys !

I don't know if it's a bug or works as (strangely) intended but I have a Rookie whose attributes seem weird.

She has both "Play Comedy Well" and "No Comedy Matches".

And her biography even says : "She has no issue using comedy".

I guess all of those were generated randomly.

It's not really a problem, but it looks kinda odd.

Comedy gimmicks and comedy matches are very much different things. It's not unreasonable that you could effectively have the dominating traits of someone's personality be comic relief but they would struggle putting together an entire match that's a joke.

I’m pretty sure they just work for the larger company (company prestige may modify it slightly), however if that company does not use the particular worker that night they may be available to you (I haven’t tested this, just thought I saw it mentioned elsewhere on the forum).

I can confirm that this is the case.

In my 2004 JAPW game, I planned out my most recent event with the understanding that my top referee and Chris Candido would both be unavailable to me due to their work for WWC.

When I got to the event, the ref was unavailable, but Candido happened to be available for me to use.

Under the Financial section, What exactly is "developmental" costs referring to? Is it a base cost for having a smaller developmental company, or does it grow by how many wrestlers you have there? I would love if someone could break it down for me because it's really killing my bank account in game and there isn't a section where it tells you anything about that, or child companies in particular.

Under the Financial section, What exactly is "developmental" costs referring to? Is it a base cost for having a smaller developmental company, or does it grow by how many wrestlers you have there? I would love if someone could break it down for me because it's really killing my bank account in game and there isn't a section where it tells you anything about that, or child companies in particular.

I’m at work so hopefully none of this is wrong. As the parent company at the end of the month you absorb all profits or all losses. So if your development company is not profitable you are absorbing their negative balance at the end of the month. If you go to your child companies profile you can right click on their balance to see the exact same financial screen as you have for your main promotion.

When negotiating a TV deal what is the purpose of ...

"The purpose of this deal is" default, normal, lesser etc?

I'm creating a B show do I need to signify that it is "lesser", lesser than what? Confused about this and can't find it in the guide.

Also is there any point of a B show other than a little money maybe and development and story line progression? Would it be worth it to go on a free to air station for a b show over the a cable network where I may make a little coin?

When negotiating a TV deal what is the purpose of ...

"The purpose of this deal is" default, normal, lesser etc?

I'm creating a B show do I need to signify that it is "lesser", lesser than what? Confused about this and can't find it in the guide.

Also is there any point of a B show other than a little money maybe and development and story line progression? Would it be worth it to go on a free to air station for a b show over the a cable network where I may make a little coin?

I'm pretty sure TV deals are for the specific show. Are you sure you didn't start negotiating an Events deal?

Just making it a B show gives it all the classification it needs.

It can build worker skills and popularity. It can't build your company popularity, so free to air is probably a waste. I only had a B show once in TEW 2016 with CGC and I generally lost a little bit of money even with a bit of commercial broadcast income on it.

I had a B-show for half a year. It was nice to promote "different" Mainevents with lower grades and still earn some momentum and worker popularity.

However I had the feeling that the individual popularity grew much slower. I have now both shows 'A' and do much better.

Btw: I never used 'lesser'.