TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I get this message on at least 5 different people on my roster.:

A Pretty vocal crowd didn't seem particularly thrilled with seeing x

What's causing it? Can it be fixed? Any other information related to it?

Thanks in advance!

It means their skills are too low. The skills checked depend on your product.

This post lists them - http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2424275#post2424275

Anyone able to offer insight into how not not get penalized for spectacle, my workers seem to have decent psychology 75+ but i always get the not got the psychology to do a spectacle.

Is there a general guide anywhere on psychology that'll show at what levels workers can do things without penalties? how long, types, call in the ring etc?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="njmcfreak" data-cite="njmcfreak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'll ask again, when making a broadcaster which one is the best? I feel like they all have a decent reason for it, but at the same time I want to make the most money as I can.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You probably aren't going to get an answer because its not a linear decision. if there was one option that was simply THE BEST choice for everyone in every situation, there isn't much point to have a whole bunch of options. It really depends on what your priority is. Do you want to grow? Do you want money? Do you want a balance and if so, leaning in which direction? Figure out your priorities and the options kinda fall into place.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You probably aren't going to get an answer because its not a linear decision. if there was one option that was simply THE BEST choice for everyone in every situation, there isn't much point to have a whole bunch of options. It really depends on what your priority is. Do you want to grow? Do you want money? Do you want a balance and if so, leaning in which direction? Figure out your priorities and the options kinda fall into place.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've never played as a big company and I don't need to grow per say I just feel like I'm leaving money on the table going through broadcasters when I have enough to make my own and obviously I don't want free to air, but the others ones I'm not exactly sure .</p>

I've never played as a big company and I don't need to grow per say I just feel like I'm leaving money on the table going through broadcasters when I have enough to make my own and obviously I don't want free to air, but the others ones I'm not exactly sure .

I'm not sure what the cutoff point for self-owned commercial is, but I tried it once as a Small company and made no money on broadcast revenue.

Somewhat paradoxically, if you're small enough, your best bets are probably Pay Per View or Free to Air depending on whether you want more money in the short term or the long run.

Before I go to the process of setting up a brand split, does anyone know if you can set a different product to a brand like in previous games? So, in a sense, you could have a product that is counter your traditional product for a show.

Yeah, from what I've seen when checking it out, you can choose a completely different product. For example in USPW, I could have my first product as the normal product, and brand 2 as Deathmatch. You can also change match focus/angle focus. So one brand could be three ring circus, while the other could be ensemble. I'm not sure how the audience would react to the changes, but you can certainly set the other brands to have a different product.

Does selecting Epic and Spectacle still trigger "Slow build" being used or do you have to select that seperately? In 2016 it stated that it was automatically activated by choosing that match type...same with All Out on a match like Wild Brawl or Steal the Show

how do you search for a workers exact skill rating in a certain area

like if a worker has a technical of 80.... instead of it saying between 55 - 94

You are seeing this because you have scouting (ie fog of war) turned on. In game:

Option -> Your Preferences -> Uncheck "Enable Scouting" & "Pro Mode"

Does selecting Epic and Spectacle still trigger "Slow build" being used or do you have to select that seperately? In 2016 it stated that it was automatically activated by choosing that match type...same with All Out on a match like Wild Brawl or Steal the Show

When you click on a match aim the ones that automatically include an additional road agent note tell you in the description box above the "Add Road Agent Note" button. For example "Wild Brawl":

"NB: This aim means that the All Out Match note is automatically used in the match too and does not need to be manually added."

Anyone able to offer insight into how not not get penalized for spectacle, my workers seem to have decent psychology 75+ but i always get the not got the psychology to do a spectacle.

Is there a general guide anywhere on psychology that'll show at what levels workers can do things without penalties? how long, types, call in the ring etc?

First, 75 is not high enough for a spectacle. Look for 93+ (perhaps lower but 93 is the break point I chose based on my testing).

Secondly, not to my knowledge. I don't think there are many people here interested in the minutia of the game to produce such a guide.

Why is the rehab button missing for some of my exclusive written workers? The button just isn't there at all...

I've only seen the rehab button within the decision window after a worker has popped positive for something. After they're sent to rehab, they appear primarily in the Medical section. Is there another button you're referring to?

I'm not sure what the cutoff point for self-owned commercial is, but I tried it once as a Small company and made no money on broadcast revenue.

Somewhat paradoxically, if you're small enough, your best bets are probably Pay Per View or Free to Air depending on whether you want more money in the short term or the long run.

So let's say I'm 99 everywhere in USA I would assume a subscription based one would be best or commercial, I guess I'll have to split my save into two and see which one ends up best.

<p>I looked around the forum but can't find an answer, if I missed it apologies</p><p> </p><p>

In 2016 you were able to set a company you owned to be either a child company or a development territory, as the first they would still go out and sign their own talent on top of the talent you send down.</p><p> </p><p>

Is this same thing possible in 2020? I only have a small amount of workers to send to development (not enough for the AI to book shows) and I don't want to just sign random workers to fill spaces.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stealingsilver" data-cite="Stealingsilver" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When are new workers generated? Been playing for 7-8 months and no new workers have been generated.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends on the mod's settings.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cmacias94" data-cite="cmacias94" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I looked around the forum but can't find an answer, if I missed it apologies<p> </p><p> In 2016 you were able to set a company you owned to be either a child company or a development territory, as the first they would still go out and sign their own talent on top of the talent you send down.</p><p> </p><p> Is this same thing possible in 2020? I only have a small amount of workers to send to development (not enough for the AI to book shows) and I don't want to just sign random workers to fill spaces.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If your company owns the child company, you have to hire people for the child company. If they're not owned by you and just have the option to receive developmental workers they'll hire people.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where do we give wrestlers Bonuses?<p> </p><p> I looked in the "Talk to wrestler", but I guess it's not there...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Click on a wrestler's yellow text (above their picture on your roster) or click on their manager ('managed by'), popularity level ('is a major star to our fans'), or morale ('is extremely happy'). On the right side of the resulting screen, you'll see 'Give Bonuses or Time Off'.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT TO ADD: When you click on 'Give Bonuses or Time Off', the name list for bonuses has an entry for 'Entire Roster' in the alphabetical list. Just in case you want to give a bonus to the whole roster. And 'Entire Roster' is literal. So even people you've signed who haven't yet joined the company get a bonus.</p>

What would be the best way to run the first few shows of a brand new company (most workers are in the low single digit popularity for home region) with a few older workers with popularity in the high teens/low twenties?

I've looked at 1 or 2 night tournaments for the main belt, but have found the results to be lacking, along with the negative note of someone with no popularity being used too much.

Would it be good to have shorter weekly shows the first month to get to the tournament final? (I've found with a 16 man tournament, and one 2.5 hour show, most matches end up right around 9-11 minutes which just feels very repetitive).