TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

In my experience you'd be better off taking a TEW2020 real world mod that's out by a few years and converting it (for example converting 2020 to 2017).

I just recently converted Mr Villian's excellent 2004 mod back to 2001 and I'm fairly happy with the process.

How would one even do that?

How would one even do that?

So the way I've just recently done it was converted a 2002 TEW2016 save to TEW2020 using the Converter. I then took Mr Villian's excellent 2004 mod and wound the start-date back to 2002. I then deleted all of the companies, tag teams, chemistry notes, alter egos, tv shows etc (except broadcasters).

Then I imported stuff from the converted TEW2016 save into my 2004 save that had been wound back to 2002, starting with the companies, and then moving on to tag teams, alter egos, chemistry notes, TV shows etc.

It worked really, really well. The fiddly bit was making sure workers' names were called the same thing in both mods (and I missed a few) so that their contracts, title lineages, tag teams and alter egos loaded in properly, but you get warning notes when things don't import so can circle back (as an example Scotty 2 Hotty's alter ego doesn't load in, so you go back and find he's called "Scotty Taylor" and not "Scott Taylor", rectify his name and then re-import everything).

It's still not the quickest of processes, but I anticipate I could convert a mod within about an hour now I have the process down. I think I'll probably have a crack at Genadi's 2001 "Death of WCW" or "WCW Lives" next if anyone is interested.

The big thing is popularity levels are at 2004 and not 2002, but I was able to adjust them in my save, so no real big deal.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="daddytorgo1" data-cite="daddytorgo1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Minor angles still affect popularity, right? <p> </p><p> I'm a red-blooded American male. If I want to have a "Divas on the Beach" segment for Bash at the Beach as a cutscene/video package, and I set it as minor, is it still going to help my ladies gain popularity?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. It just won't have the same effect on the show rating (being minor). Although, depending on your product, the ladies could be dinged so bad, a normal angle might be better for building their popularity. Have a 'star' or 'major star' do the voiceover for it to balance it out.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wrestlingfan#1" data-cite="wrestlingfan#1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So is it not possible to create a pre-booking for the following weekly episode while in the show? If not is it because the show shares the same name or was this a bug?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I don't think 'next episode' is baked into the pre-booking system. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stealingsilver" data-cite="Stealingsilver" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a directory of unused FED logos that I could browse through to add to my new fed?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Mods forum. Look for 'custom graphics' threads. They might be spread out but there are lots of them. I'll dig a few up and edit this post.</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546214" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546214</a></p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545264" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545264</a> <-- this is the legendary Kamchatka's thread</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547133" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547133</a> <-- praguepride's mainly event and stable logos</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549683" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549683</a> <--- CQI's logos/events/stables/TV show</p>

Probably a dumb question - but what affects a worker's merchandise sales?

E.g I have a couple of workers who have nearly identical stats in terms of popularity and star quality, but one of them is in the top 3 in terms of merch sales and the other is number 10 in merch sales.

From what I've seen, it's not just popularity and star quality. Recent fortunes also factors in to some degree. It's the only way I can explain Electric Dreamer jumping from #9 merch seller to #2 when she has less pop and star quality than the people at #3-6. She's been on a tear in the tag ranks (undefeated in 13 matches while defending the alliance's trios title) while the people "above" her have suffered losses in that time.

Hi guys, i'm booking in 1991 with a WWF mod. I was wondering if there is any advice or guidance to not get marked down on matches for participants "holding back". It seems on all my tv matches there is a penalty for each person "holding back". Is this just a case of it being a tv match and therefore restricted, or am i doing something wrong in the booking.

Any advice appreciated

How long are matches supposed to be? I never really had a problem with ratings, but I keep reading "Segment was penalized / capped for short match length" or "lack of psychology". I've tried the script note for that, but doesn't help... Happens a lot, especially my main-events gets poor grades.

Hi guys, i'm booking in 1991 with a WWF mod. I was wondering if there is any advice or guidance to not get marked down on matches for participants "holding back". It seems on all my tv matches there is a penalty for each person "holding back". Is this just a case of it being a tv match and therefore restricted, or am i doing something wrong in the booking.

Any advice appreciated

Yeah, they always hold back on TV and save their big matches for PPV. It’s working as it should, so you hit the higher scores at your big events.

How long are matches supposed to be? I never really had a problem with ratings, but I keep reading "Segment was penalized / capped for short match length" or "lack of psychology". I've tried the script note for that, but doesn't help... Happens a lot, especially my main-events gets poor grades.

What’s your product? It should say what your match lengths are meant to be. Some products can short matches, and others penalise long matches.

Best database to use for all female promotion

Help me decide on what database to use this time around.

In TEW 2016, I used the Thunderverse. I started an all women's indie promotion (I added this new promotion to the database and basically started from scratch). I don't feel like converting/making sure everything looks right, and it's been almost a year since I played anyway, so I'm ready to start fresh. It appears there is no Thunderverse for 2020, so I need something new!

I need a mod with a robust women's roster. The Cornellverse has 129 active wrestlers who can work in the US. Any mods with more? Any mods that maybe do a better job overall with the women?

Not looking for an all female mod, as I like the promotion being part of a realistic wrestling world.

EDIT: I found the Women's Revolution mod, so I will be trying this out.

How do I fire people? It seems I'm unable to do so and with 2001 WCW, I'm gonna need to do lots of it.

Office > Roster > Select the worker > Look at the far right of the screen where it says "Popularity" > Press the arrow left or right either side of the title "Popularity" and it goes to another subsection called "Contract Details" > Under that, there is a button "Release" > Click the button

Office > Roster > Select the worker > Look at the far right of the screen where it says "Popularity" > Press the arrow left or right either side of the title "Popularity" and it goes to another subsection called "Contract Details" > Under that, there is a button "Release" > Click the button

Thanks!

I can't see anything under products about match lengths

Almost every single product has a comment regarding match lengths as far as I can see, with only a few exceptions...

Should be something like "Matches less than 15 minutes will not be able to achieve world class scores" or "Fans expect matches to be short or will get bored if they go long".

Which product are you using?

Any ideas why a company would stop using a belt?

RIPW has not put the main championship on another worker since the last champion was called up SWF. It has been vacant for 11 months.

It is set to be defended often on shows. All of the other titles are being used on shows still.

There was an issue with this in older patches where RIPW in particular didn't have enough Stars and Major Stars that could compete for the title. It should have been fixed a while back, so if you are using the latest patch and still seeing this happen you should report it to Tech Support with as much detail as you can on what the RIPW roster looks like in terms of star power. :)

With unhappy wrestlers, I usually through them a bonus to keep them happy if I want to keep them around. I want them to take a loss, they don't, I sweeten the deal after the show.

Shawn Michaels said he was unhappy to lose to HHH. It wasn't furious, just mildly unhappy at the result.

After the show he's angry. This is out of the blue. He wasn't furious. So, I pay my usual $100,000 bonus. He's still angry. Two more times, he's angry. Frustrated, I throw him an extra $2 mil. He's still angry.

Is this a bug, or has the AI learned that I'm a pushover? lol

Any ideas why a company would stop using a belt?

RIPW has not put the main championship on another worker since the last champion was called up SWF. It has been vacant for 11 months.

It is set to be defended often on shows. All of the other titles are being used on shows still.

Probably because the title presitge is too high for the roster.