TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Dumb Question: Where can I edit the names for randomly generated companies? I can create future companies to randomly appear, but is there a way to edit the list of names for picture-less computer generated feds?

Thanks!

There is no way to create a names-list for them. You'll have to manually change the names in the editor every time a company is created

<p><strong>How does 'at war' work in this version of TEW?</strong></p><p> </p><p>

I am running a game as IPW. I edited the game in which to place IPW and GSW at war with one another, versus just tension between the two. </p><p> </p><p>

In the last few days, I hired one of their bigger stars at $50 an event. This is sizeable for the region but not all that much, really. There was no challenge from GSW. I simply signed him, for a decently small contract, and took him away from my warring competition. </p><p> </p><p>

This would make sense if IPW was a more attractive company than GSW but they are currently ranked #20 where I am #22. </p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Am I missing something? Why was it so easy to sign him (as I'm sure he will now leave GSW to come work for me)?</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

Thank you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>How does 'at war' work in this version of TEW?</strong><p> </p><p> I am running a game as IPW. I edited the game in which to place IPW and GSW at war with one another, versus just tension between the two. </p><p> </p><p> In the last few days, I hired one of their bigger stars at $50 an event. This is sizeable for the region but not all that much, really. There was no challenge from GSW. I simply signed him, for a decently small contract, and took him away from my warring competition. </p><p> </p><p> This would make sense if IPW was a more attractive company than GSW but they are currently ranked #20 where I am #22. </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Am I missing something? Why was it so easy to sign him (as I'm sure he will now leave GSW to come work for me)?</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Thank you.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> GSW could be suffering from a larger than desired roster and deemed him surplus to requirements and chosen not to fight you on this. I have had that happen when I’m signing people from companies — sometimes they fight back and sometimes they don’t and I think a lot of time it comes down to roster size/cost/popularity/potential. The person you’re signing maybe be in early time decline. They might have a less than stellar destiny roll and they are choosing to let him go because they don’t think the fight is worth it.</p>

quick fill problem

When using the quick fill feature (specifically to create generic female workers), I get an error message.

Problem Encountered: Sorry, no workers could be created due to a lack of available names and/or picture.

Is there some specific place that I need to add names in order for the game to be able to generate female workers?

Quick question,

I always use freestyle angles.

I'll use my game for example;

I have Orton with Lagacy, (Rhodes and Dibiase, Pop are like in their 20s)

If i do a promo lets say

Triple H, Orton and Legacy, Can i just put Rhodes and Dibiase not rated so i don't mess with my rating. Will they still gain pop or they absolutely need to be rated if they want to profit for beeing in the angle?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greg McNeish" data-cite="Greg McNeish" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When negotiating a contract, the availability options are All Shows, Events Only, Events & A-TV Shows, and Everything Except House Shows. As a Japanese touring company that uses Normal, Lesser, and Touring events, which of these show intents fall into each availability category?<p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There are</p><p> Events <---- Japanese show without any TV shows</p><p> A-Shows</p><p> B-Shows</p><p> House Shows</p><p> </p><p> Everything else belongs to sub-versions of these and isn't affected by the contracts</p>

When using the quick fill feature (specifically to create generic female workers), I get an error message.

"Problem Encountered: Sorry, no workers could be created due to a lack of available names and/or picture."

Is there some specific place that I need to add names in order for the game to be able to generate female workers? The 'require pictures' setting is off, so I'm pretty sure missing pictures aren't the problem.

"Problem Encountered: Sorry, no workers could be created due to a lack of available names and/or picture."

Is there some specific place that I need to add names in order for the game to be able to generate female workers? The 'require pictures' setting is off, so I'm pretty sure missing pictures aren't the problem.

Go out of the save. Go into your database, go to the tools section to edit it. Scroll down to 'Worker Names' and add some more names to the ethnicity/nationality that you're having the issue with.

The issue is probably that your database doesn't have the applicable names. If you're not on the default C-Verse you can always import that C-Verse names to your database.

Then you have to import the new names into your save.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Go out of the save. Go into your database, go to the tools section to edit it. Scroll down to 'Worker Names' and add some more names to the ethnicity/nationality that you're having the issue with.<p> </p><p> The issue is probably that your database doesn't have the applicable names. If you're not on the default C-Verse you can always import that C-Verse names to your database.</p><p> </p><p> Then you have to import the new names into your save.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've had a similar issue with creating new workers with pics. I loaded the pics in and added them to the DB, but no workers are being generated. Can you possibly explain what I'm doing wrong?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="clutchcargo" data-cite="clutchcargo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've had a similar issue with creating new workers with pics. I loaded the pics in and added them to the DB, but no workers are being generated. Can you possibly explain what I'm doing wrong?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The issue here isn't with the picture folder but with having the applicable Worker Names. Does that make sense?</p><p> </p><p> In the Database Editor there is a specific section in the dropdowns for Worker Names. Filter by different types and make sure there is applicable names for each one. If there isn't, add some names.</p>

When you click on a match report, it says something like "Prince Devitt had an in-ring performance of 73." Does that take popularity into account, or is it strictly based on the wrestling skill of the worker?

Check what your product says^^

It will say wether or not the rating is a 60/40% split of in-ring + performance or something similar

It says matches are rated on 40% in-ring action and 60% popularity. Does the "in-ring performance" rating count as the 40%, then?

It means that the performance rating is a combination of the in ring performance and the popularity. The in-ring performance factors into it with 40% and the popularity with 60%

<p>Is there any way to hire a head booker for your main org? I'm not that creative but I still like the game. I tried to just use the main org as sort of a Corporate Shell to 1 or 2 child companies, but eventually my main org shrunk and I couldn't sign anyone good any longer. The Child orgs thrive with the owner and bookers i hired.</p><p> </p><p>

Maybe it could be a future option if not.</p>

When having a match between only unimportant wrestlers do you always get the note that the crowd expected wrestlers who they were more familiar with or is that only for Medium companies and above?

I ask as I'm playing with a small company and not getting that note when I have, say, a tag match with four unimportant people. I have turned off Match Ratios but I don't think that would have anything to do with it. I'm just trying to figure out if it doesn't affect small companies or if I'm encountering an issue.

EDIT TO ADD: Was also wondering what level of experience and what age precludes people from agreeing to be sent on excursion. I tried with someone at 30 Experience and they said they were already too experienced to go.

Any answers appreciated. Cheers.