TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

All of the CPU companies in my game are booking Cage matches excessively. What can I do to stop this from happening so often? From Small indies to SWF.

Presumably something to with the match type database. Best bet would be to figure out which specific variation of the cage match it is they're using and delete it in the editor.

Then you can add it back in manually if need be.

Is there any way to make a company run a TV show in only their own region? I know it works for events. Or to get an AI company to reduce its production costs? In my save, CZCW have become Medium-sized and have decided it's a good idea to take their TV show on the road. So, instead of running in front of several thousand in the South West, they're running with an audience of 46 in Great Lakes. Additionally, USPW has dropped to Medium (from Titanic, which is another issue) and CZCW are matching their production values. Obviously, they are haemorrhaging money because of the production and are not making any back from ticket sales. I don't really want the company to go out of business in the save. Anything I can do, or are they screwed?

Is there any way to make a company run a TV show in only their own region? I know it works for events. Or to get an AI company to reduce its production costs? In my save, CZCW have become Medium-sized and have decided it's a good idea to take their TV show on the road. So, instead of running in front of several thousand in the South West, they're running with an audience of 46 in Great Lakes. Additionally, USPW has dropped to Medium (from Titanic, which is another issue) and CZCW are matching their production values. Obviously, they are haemorrhaging money because of the production and are not making any back from ticket sales. I don't really want the company to go out of business in the save. Anything I can do, or are they screwed?

Well, I don't really have an answer for the TV question regarding restricting where they put on shows, but depending on how well you're doing financially, you could always just keep in contact with the CZCW owner and bail them out from time to time to keep them afloat. Of course, that doesn't really solve the issue of them hemorrhaging money, but it might buy them the time to start building up their pop in the rest of the US so they get to a point where they won't need your help. AND in kayfabe terms, since you saved them in their time of need, you could become friendly with CZCW and maybe do some sort of talent exchange so you feel like you're getting something out of the deal...and just create a kayfabe storyline for yourself to rationalize why you'd be bailing them out. Like you said, maybe you just don't want to see a good company like CZCW go under.

For me, if I see a smaller company is struggling and feel like they add value to the game world, I'll send them some funds when they've been in debt a few months so that they stay afloat (pay off debt + $10-50,000) and just keep an eye on them. One of the benefits of this is that eventually you can become very friendly with those companies, which makes it easier to trade talent or even take them over if it looks like they're not going to make it on their own. Haven't had it happen with any 'major' promotions like CZCW, but something like that would be fun to navigate from a kayfabe perspective. Use your imagination. There were rumours (may have been verified) that either Vince or someone helped Paul Heyman keep ECW afloat...for whatever reason. It doesn't sound like Vince but who knows, maybe he had his reasons?

Okay, so "it's the mod"? Is there anywhere to get a list of which mods are properly balanced? This is the second RW mod I've had major issues with (other was 1970, which has a lot of mistakes where you can't get good enough ratings to keep television and the AI constantly goes into regions it has no popularity in for big shows; JCP for instance is drawing 60 people to Tri-State when it should exclusively run the Mid Atlantic at the start); thing is, I can't seem to get into the CornellVerse no matter how hard I try. Any suggestions for a pre-2000 mod that works like the game intends? There are so many I don't know which ones actually work. I would especially like one a 0/0/0 game is plausible in, if any.

Okay, so "it's the mod"? Is there anywhere to get a list of which mods are properly balanced? This is the second RW mod I've had major issues with (other was 1970, which has a lot of mistakes where you can't get good enough ratings to keep television and the AI constantly goes into regions it has no popularity in for big shows; JCP for instance is drawing 60 people to Tri-State when it should exclusively run the Mid Atlantic at the start); thing is, I can't seem to get into the CornellVerse no matter how hard I try. Any suggestions for a pre-2000 mod that works like the game intends? There are so many I don't know which ones actually work. I would especially like one a 0/0/0 game is plausible in, if any.

No Mod is foolproof. It's really a case of trial and error until you find something which caters to your tastes. Next option I'd guess would be Fleischs 1992 Mod. I didn't play with it extensively but there's certainly enough content in there that would suit a 0/0/0 game but how it holds up over 5, 10 or 15 years? I've never played that far but it's a mod that I've played about with a lot so would be my next suggestion but no RW mod is perfect for the game because you can't always predict how the AI is going to work and book. The AI obviously has no idea it's supposed to be replicating reality for you.

Fleisch's Mods

just to make sure I got a grasp of this gimmick meter

so Undertaker's "deadman" gimmick would be in the meter around "Unique, and Safe" ? or "Creative, and Generic" since it's a an easy gimmick to understand but also creative?

but safe also gives it long lasting powers which falls under the undertaker

Ignoring jokes about e-fed "Undertaker clones", I would say the gimmick is 1 step Unique and 2 steps Creative.

just to make sure I got a grasp of this gimmick meter

so Undertaker's "deadman" gimmick would be in the meter around "Unique, and Safe" ? or "Creative, and Generic" since it's a an easy gimmick to understand but also creative?

but safe also gives it long lasting powers which falls under the undertaker

Which era? I mean Ministry of Darkness 'Taker would be all the way in the upper right corner imo

I would say any iteration though, even the American Bad Ass Taker, would be at least 1 notch into creative. The Undertaker in all his guises has had people who simply do not like the gimmick at all

<p>Just saw that there is a new version of the game at 1.38</p><p> </p><p>

Mine current version is 1.37 ... full game bought when the version is at 1.36II</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Question is ... is it save game compatible? As in the changes stated in version 1.38 will it apply to my current save game or i need to start a new game in order to get the new benefits? </strong></p>

Just saw that there is a new version of the game at 1.38

Mine current version is 1.37 ... full game bought when the version is at 1.36II

Question is ... is it save game compatible? As in the changes stated in version 1.38 will it apply to my current save game or i need to start a new game in order to get the new benefits?

The changes will apply to your current save, unless the changes specify otherwise iirc

I turned a worker face vs his mentor. Im going to have him lose to mentor & send him on excursion for a year. When he comes back I wanna do swerve where he re-aligns with mentor as a heel. Would that get the turn to soon thing?

No, as it's treated like a new contract.

I turned a worker face vs his mentor. Im going to have him lose to mentor & send him on excursion for a year. When he comes back I wanna do swerve where he re-aligns with mentor as a heel. Would that get the turn to soon thing?

Sending someone away on excursion removes the contract from your company, so you're essentially releasing him. When his excursion is over, you have to rehire him, and thus, he'll begin a new contract and everything will be reset.

Are you able to setup an event (like In Your House) that will show in every month where the AI doesn't already have an event?

The way I understand it is that you can configure it in the db that certain companies do monthly events and it will do exactly as you describe and fill up the existing card.