TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I had an idea for a save/diary and it involves something I've never done before and that's playing as a child promotion.

I'd be running the parent as Player 1 and then Player 2 will be running the child.

Is it possible to run two brands for a developmental? Like will the game allow brands?

Some products penalize angles based "primarily" on sex appeal. What makes that the primary basis of the angle?

I ranked one person on their mic skills and one on their sex appeal and got dinged. There are a few conclusions I can come to and I'm not sure which is accurate.

1. 50 percent of the talent basing their performance on sex appeal is too much. I needed more people with their performance rated on other factors.
  2. No one in an angle is allowed to be ranked on sex appeal. If they are the angle gets dinged.
  3. Her sex appeal was higher than his mic skill so it was primarily based on sex appeal.
  4. She was more popular in the region than he is so the angle was primarily based on the skill she was being rated on, which is sex appeal.
  5. He's a non-wrestler and she's a wrestler and so her skill is considered the primary skill the angle is ranked on.

Can anyone tell me which it is? I couldn't find the information in the guide.

I'm pretty sure that an angle counts as primarily ranked on sex appeal if at least half of the people in it are rated on sex appeal. So 1 person in a 3 person angle is okay, but 2 people in a four person angle is not.

How many people put "[Promotion Acronym]: ..." in the storyline name because Adam uses it in the Cornellverse for organizing starting storylines, even though there's no good reason to in-game?

If I have a big enough roster for a brand split then I'd do it to differentiate the rosters but otherwise I don't bother.

My question is once people name their feud (whether it's "person A vs Person B" or a storyline name) does anybody fill out the text box underneath with, presumably, their reasons for feuding?

If I have a big enough roster for a brand split then I'd do it to differentiate the rosters but otherwise I don't bother.

My question is once people name their feud (whether it's "person A vs Person B" or a storyline name) does anybody fill out the text box underneath with, presumably, their reasons for feuding?

If I've got something complicated going on and think I might forget down the road. Usually not for a simple title chase.

Is it possible to switch alter egos mid show? For example if you were running the WWE during the period where Dude Love, Mankind, Cactus Jack, and Mick Foley were all running around at once (I swear there was once a match between Dude Love and Mankind that consisted of him smacking himself around then putting the mandible claw on himself until he passed out. I can't find it though).

I could just pretend they're switching but book them as whatever alter ego they're currently using.

First time trying this game. Started a new save and noticed a couple of my guys don’t have pictures…and I cannot figure out how to apply an image outside of the main screen editor, which won’t update save files…any help?

Can databases from TEW2016 be transferred over to TEW2020?

Yes, they can be. Go to the Main Editor, Create Database, copy the 2016 database into the created folder, then use the Convert button.

The converter is pretty bad at converting company products, though, as well as not producing many worker attributes and sometimes being a bit odd on personalities. You'll probably want to manually fix the products, and may also want to change owner size preferences.

What is a Venue that says "Hot bed: Yes", what are the benefits / drawbacks?

Thanks!

I think hotbeds just draw larger crowds. I think it basically just represents places that are known for wrestling or wrestling fans.

First time trying this game. Started a new save and noticed a couple of my guys don’t have pictures…and I cannot figure out how to apply an image outside of the main screen editor, which won’t update save files…any help?

In your roster screen, click on the yellow text at the top of their profile (or on the line where it says their roster utilization and morale). It will bring up their in-company editor and you can assign the picture there.

Also, in your save game, you can go to options — in game editor — worker — specific worker you want and select picture.

How long can you stay alive if your finances are in the negative?

I know it's been asked and said, but I just can't seem to find it...

I'm playing the WCW New Blood Rising mod, Jan 2001. Started the save with 1mil in debt. Entering February and the debt has risen by 300k. Was just wondering when to begin to be really nervous.

I'm playing the WCW New Blood Rising mod, Jan 2001. Started the save with 1mil in debt. Entering February and the debt has risen by 300k. Was just wondering when to begin to be really nervous.

12 months

It can be anything from six months to three years, depending primarily on their size. It can also be extended if the company has been in business for a very long time (I think over a decade).

It can be anything from six months to three years, depending primarily on their size. It can also be extended if the company has been in business for a very long time (I think over a decade).

Ah okay. I think WCW qualifies for that in 2001...

And they start as Cult sized. So hopefully I'll have at least 12 months to turn It around.

I'm playing as Jack Avatar and also using him for my fed. He got injured for almost a year when he was cold momentum and now he has very cold momentum. I can't seem to improve his momentum. I've had him win matches even against recognisable and well-known wrestlers but his momentum and popularity (around 50) stay the same. He has a great gimmick which even I changed just to see if that was the issue but to no avail. What seems to be the issue?

I'm playing as Jack Avatar and also using him for my fed. He got injured for almost a year when he was cold momentum and now he has very cold momentum. I can't seem to improve his momentum. I've had him win matches even against recognisable and well-known wrestlers but his momentum and popularity (around 50) stay the same. He has a great gimmick which even I changed just to see if that was the issue but to no avail. What seems to be the issue?

Getting momentum back up via wins is hard. But when you turn the character, it resets to neutral. Same could be possible with gimmick change, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

If you don't want a turn / gimmick change, let him win for a while. With time it gets better. Personally I wouldn't waste guys with better pop though. Dev or loan talent also works fine.

As for the popularity, wrestlers with bad momentum barely seem to gain pop. At least that's what I experienced. So, first fix the momentum problem. ;)

Getting momentum back up via wins is hard. But when you turn the character, it resets to neutral. Same could be possible with gimmick change, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

If you don't want a turn / gimmick change, let him win for a while. With time it gets better. Personally I wouldn't waste guys with better pop though. Dev or loan talent also works fine.

As for the popularity, wrestlers with bad momentum barely seem to gain pop. At least that's what I experienced. So, first fix the momentum problem. ;)

Thanks for this. Might have to resort to turning him I guess even if he's a natural babyface. I've had him win consistently for months now but his momentum or popularity never improved. He has 80+ SQ too so I believe he's still far from the cap.

Thanks for this. Might have to resort to turning him I guess even if he's a natural babyface. I've had him win consistently for months now but his momentum or popularity never improved. He has 80+ SQ too so I believe he's still far from the cap.

Never used this avatar. But as long as the turn is done right (success), it should work. =)

And, off gimmick, any great babyface deserves a heel run in between. ;-)