TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Lets say I want to book two TV shows on the the same day like the Dynamite/Rampage combo. Both are A-shows. I use all my workers for the first show and just a selected few for the 2nd show. Does worker morale take a hit for not having some of my more popular workers on the show?

Did I mess up my game? I started the game as an unemployed avatar, but after a few days I added players as the owner of a few companies, so I could change tag team names, try out booking some unimportant shows etc. then dropping out of the game so I could see how the AI deals with it. Only after a week of doing that, did I discover that it changed all the owners' contracts to two year contracts paying zero dollars! Is this a harmless side effect or is there gonna be a huge exodus of owners two years later? And if that could happen, how do I reset the contracts?:confused:

Did I mess up my game? I started the game as an unemployed avatar, but after a few days I added players as the owner of a few companies, so I could change tag team names, try out booking some unimportant shows etc. then dropping out of the game so I could see how the AI deals with it. Only after a week of doing that, did I discover that it changed all the owners' contracts to two year contracts paying zero dollars! Is this a harmless side effect or is there gonna be a huge exodus of owners two years later? And if that could happen, how do I reset the contracts?:confused:

Owners are owners. They won't fire themselves.

The contracts were changed to 0, because they were player characters while you controlled them. It's nothing to worry about

This is probably such an easy question, but been away from the game for so long now...

Just had a worker change body type from bulky to flabby.. but I have no idea if that is an improvement or not.

Is there somewhere that shows all the body types in game?

Lets say I want to book two TV shows on the the same day like the Dynamite/Rampage combo. Both are A-shows. I use all my workers for the first show and just a selected few for the 2nd show. Does worker morale take a hit for not having some of my more popular workers on the show?

I'd also like an answer to this question

How to develop works / know workers are developing

Hey all

TEW 2016 palyer here new to 2020.

Booking oyung talent in Battle Royal with more skilled talent in matches and angles. Used to get notifications when a worker grows. I'm not seeing these now. How do we know / how can we check if and when they start to grow?

They're two entirely separate shows so what happens on the first has no bearings on the expectations / requirements for the second. Your main workers would therefore want to be on both.

At work so can't check the handbook, but if I am playing as an American promotion and I set up a Performance Center in Japan, will the workers that generate be Japanese style workers? Like Japanese juniors and such? Or does location not matter?

Same question goes for a performance center in Mexico, will it produce luchadores?

I hate that we can't set up a style for the schools

Maybe this is working as intended, but just had a Battle Royal, didn't choose a winner. I did choose most eliminations, 2 workers who would end up near the end before being eliminated, and the last elimination. So presumably I'm letting the AI choose the the winner. Who do they choose? One of the last eliminations. Seems odd. Will force me to come up with a plan...but if I leave the winner open, shouldn't it not choose from the last eliminations?

I’m playing as WCW in a real world mod and just had my First World War 3 Match. The match rating for the battle royal tanked the whole show. I think I messed up by saying it should be a spectacle cause I think that intends for psychology. Is that likely my only issue or should I just scrap this thing going forward?

I’m playing as WCW in a real world mod and just had my First World War 3 Match. The match rating for the battle royal tanked the whole show. I think I messed up by saying it should be a spectacle cause I think that intends for psychology. Is that likely my only issue or should I just scrap this thing going forward?

Yes you should not have used Spectacle. Don't use it. Ever. Like... ever ever.

But anyway, you don't have to care so much about show ratings. If you think the battle royal is a fun gimmick, then do it. It's a good thing to just waste a month as you get into your biggest show. Personally I like having milestones in my promotion each year, no matter how annoying and possibly bad they can be.

But anyway, you don't have to care so much about show ratings. If you think the battle royal is a fun gimmick, then do it. It's a good thing to just waste a month as you get into your biggest show. Personally I like having milestones in my promotion each year, no matter how annoying and possibly bad they can be.

Just to piggy back on this comment, as a newer player. when I first started I just enjoyed the ability to book my own promotion and matches and develop a small company however I wanted. As I got more familiar with the game and the Cornellverse, I got super focused on raising the profile of my promotion and getting great match ratings and event ratings. However, once I reached a certain 'peak' rating, I started to feel a bit restricted as to how I could book because I needed to maintain those high ratings. It resulted in me jumping ship to take over another struggling promotion out of almost boredom.

Now, I've once again raised the bar quite high for myself...but instead of sweating it, I'm just booking how I want to book and what I want to see as a 'fan' myself, and if an event gets a lower ratings, or a match-up doesn't score in the 70's or 80's I'm not really bothered by it.

Finding that balance where your competitiveness to 'beat the game' is matched with a mindset to book your promotion the way you really want to is, I think, a recipe to really enjoy this game for the long haul.

At work so can't check the handbook, but if I am playing as an American promotion and I set up a Performance Center in Japan, will the workers that generate be Japanese style workers? Like Japanese juniors and such? Or does location not matter?

Same question goes for a performance center in Mexico, will it produce luchadores?

I hate that we can't set up a style for the schools

Been almost a week and no answer. Anyone know?

Getting read to do a TCW 2005 save and am wanting to have performance centers in Mexico and Japan to hopefully generate more luchadores, super juniors, and the hard hitting style Japanese workers tend to have.

I checked the Training Facilities section in the handbook and there is nothing about this at all.

Storylines?

I have a question about storylines in CPU ran companies. Is it normal for most of the other companies to not be running storylines? I'm in Week 4 January 2020 of a save, playing as TCW. USPW, SWF, and 90% of the other companies don't have any active storylines when I look under "Feuds" in their profile from the company page. Some companies have 1 main event level feud, but most have none.

There are plenty of starting storylines present for all companies in the editor Are starting storylines only taken into regard and kept for active companies? Is there any way to have the other companies keep storylines going or develop more? I know it's a minor detail, but I like to see what my competitors are doing, and right now they're just stringing together unrelated matches with no feel of a story.

Except RIPW. They have 5 active feuds? Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Been almost a week and no answer. Anyone know?

Getting read to do a TCW 2005 save and am wanting to have performance centers in Mexico and Japan to hopefully generate more luchadores, super juniors, and the hard hitting style Japanese workers tend to have.

I checked the Training Facilities section in the handbook and there is nothing about this at all.

I'm not sure whether it makes any difference to workers' set style or not. Although looking back through the past generated graduates of the schools in my current game, there do seem to be more luchadores from the Mexican schools. However, I am just looking back (very unscientifically) at the past graduates, and it is possible that they have changed their styles since their debut. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of correlation with other game areas/styles.

In terms of their skill distribution, in a save in which I have a school in each game area, I seem to be seeing the same fairly random skills regardless of where the school is based. This is obviously a very small sample size, but I am seeing just as many workers with good puro in Mexico as Japan, etc.

Sorry that this isn't a particularly satisfactory answer, but based on my anecdotal experience, I'm not seeing too much difference in graduates based on location.

I have a question about storylines in CPU ran companies. Is it normal for most of the other companies to not be running storylines? I'm in Week 4 January 2020 of a save, playing as TCW. USPW, SWF, and 90% of the other companies don't have any active storylines when I look under "Feuds" in their profile from the company page. Some companies have 1 main event level feud, but most have none.

There are plenty of starting storylines present for all companies in the editor Are starting storylines only taken into regard and kept for active companies? Is there any way to have the other companies keep storylines going or develop more? I know it's a minor detail, but I like to see what my competitors are doing, and right now they're just stringing together unrelated matches with no feel of a story.

Except RIPW. They have 5 active feuds? Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

In my current save game, in which I am about four years in, I am seeing feuds in a fair few companies. Some have none, most have one or two, and a few have more. It's hard to tell if the companies that don't have any active feuds are related to product (maybe those that don't expect storylines) or whether it is due to roster instability (they may have had workers who were part of feuds leave recently, thus ending the feud). However, there are a fairly sizable number of feuds active deep into a save.

hey,

Is there a easy way to separate raw and smackdown in to 2 different companies?

Im playing a RW Mod, and never play as WWE just cos there are too many shows to book.

So i guess i would have to make 2 new companies , raw and smackdown, delete WWE and then manually add the contracts?

hey,

Is there a easy way to separate raw and smackdown in to 2 different companies?

Im playing a RW Mod, and never play as WWE just cos there are too many shows to book.

So i guess i would have to make 2 new companies , raw and smackdown, delete WWE and then manually add the contracts?

That sounds about right. If I was doing it, I would edit WWE to be either Smackdown or Raw rather than deleting it. That way you won't need to re-add all the contracts for that brand as they will already be there. Also, you could then just filter contracts to that company and then change the relevant ones to the other brand/company, rather than having to add them manually.

I had originally asked this in the general gameplay thread thinking it was the small questions thread, my bad. Going to post here cause I think it is more likely to get a response.

What determines if a broadcaster will ask for exclusive rights to a tv show? Is it the size of the broadcaster, or the size of the company, or the relation between the two sizes or what?

That sounds about right. If I was doing it, I would edit WWE to be either Smackdown or Raw rather than deleting it. That way you won't need to re-add all the contracts for that brand as they will already be there. Also, you could then just filter contracts to that company and then change the relevant ones to the other brand/company, rather than having to add them manually.

brill, thanks