The "Booking Committee" Thread, 2020 Edition

5 hours ago, stiffkick80x said:

All right, who wants to help me find a spot for Brian Brianna in QAW?

Rookie with a lot of promise, I can totally see how I'd book her in a Male/Female promotion, but I'm playing as QAW, an all-female promotion. How would you bring her in? As a misogynist heel who tells the women to make them a sandwich, then gets beat for laughs? A goofy face who is trying to date one of the other wrestlers? Drop the gimmick altogether?

61423.PNG

Definitely heelish comedy/weasily "The Man" gimmick.

Place her straight in a storyline against a babyface midcarder, at first she will mock the babyface and QAW roster in general but then refuse to fight because "It would not be proper for a man to wrestle a woman".

After few angles, finally make the match and she could have a tainted win.

Edited by Wrestling Machine

I've been planning for Subculture (Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster) to go to NXT and then the main roster once they've gained some popularity, and my plan is to have them win a "qualification tournament" in NXT UK to be the brand's team in the Dusty Rhodes Classics that will be awarding the new NXT International Tag Team belt, and have them also win that one to be the first champions. The idea being that they're going to be the outsiders that always win despite the odds, then show that they were more than deserving of the title until they're main roster ready.

However, I'm unsure on how I should have the NXT UK part of the plan go: a single elimination tournament would more or less force me to sacrifice the other good face teams I have (Carter and Smith, Mastiff and Starz) for teams that are rather "meh" (Dempsey and Raja, T-Bone and Primate). On the other hand, having it be a "Gauntlet" type of thing, where each week the winner of last week's match face a new opponent, seems like it wouldn't necessarily reward the best team, as the last duo to enter would have an huge advantage (even if obviously they'd lose), and since the GM is the most fair face you could ever hope for, it'd seem weird for him to pick that solution. Should I still go with the Gauntlet thing, and find a reason why they picked that (like, I don't know, "there isn't enough teams for a proper tournament", or it's the result of the fan's vote or something) ? I only have 6 weeks to have Subculture earn their spot, and don't want to do another round robin tournament when I already have a huge one going on in NXT, but I'm open to any hypothesis I haven't considered yet !

• 1 month later...

I'm doing a big save from the 1920s on, playing as a female only company (Ladies' Wrestling Promotions, based in Chicago) and am in the 30s (33 to be specific). I'm looking for a kind of midcard title but not sure what it would be, and I don't want just a region title (as of yet, I don't know ancient wrestling lore but I always thought it took a bit for midcard titles to become a thing). The idea I had was a tournament to crown the inaugural winner, that is then repeated every year. the gimmick I though of was it being defended all year round as well, meaning the winner would also have to defend their chance for a bye in the tournament the following year. This is just an idea I had off the top of the head, not even sure what to name it (I thought of making it the new deal cup, as in the FDR economic program, because...idk), but if anyone had any other ideas/names, please drop em, having lots of fun with the save so far.

I hope this is the right thread for this. Looking to start a new WWE save when the new RWC drops, got a couple of ideas in mind but need some help with the execution, primarily who to put in the stables but I'm also open for other ideas related to these:

• Thinking of a face stable lead by AJ Styles, my idea here is that he feels like he's approaching the end of his career and wants to give back by mentoring some younger talent while he can still go. Looking for some ideas on who to put in the stable, can be NXT talent or people on the main roster who are a bit underutilized and in need of some assistance. Can be both males and females. Naming ideas are welcome as well.

• On the other side of the spectrum, thinking of an Evolution-type stable down the line led by Seth Rollins in the Triple H-role and Bron Breakker as Randy Orton/Batista. Looking for ideas for the Ric Flair role as well as another youngster to put in there. Again, naming ideas are welcome. (Primary idea here is to surround Rollins with some help as he clings to his title, and to surround Breakker/the other guy with help to hopefully improve their stats at an accelerated rate). As for the Flair role, someone with good psychology and mic who can act as a manager but also still go in the ring and tag with one of them. Now that I think of it, Styles would be great but it doesn't really fit what I want to do. 😀

4 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

I hope this is the right thread for this. Looking to start a new WWE save when the new RWC drops, got a couple of ideas in mind but need some help with the execution, primarily who to put in the stables but I'm also open for other ideas related to these:

• Thinking of a face stable lead by AJ Styles, my idea here is that he feels like he's approaching the end of his career and wants to give back by mentoring some younger talent while he can still go. Looking for some ideas on who to put in the stable, can be NXT talent or people on the main roster who are a bit underutilized and in need of some assistance. Can be both males and females. Naming ideas are welcome as well.

• On the other side of the spectrum, thinking of an Evolution-type stable down the line led by Seth Rollins in the Triple H-role and Bron Breakker as Randy Orton/Batista. Looking for ideas for the Ric Flair role as well as another youngster to put in there. Again, naming ideas are welcome. (Primary idea here is to surround Rollins with some help as he clings to his title, and to surround Breakker/the other guy with help to hopefully improve their stats at an accelerated rate). As for the Flair role, someone with good psychology and mic who can act as a manager but also still go in the ring and tag with one of them. Now that I think of it, Styles would be great but it doesn't really fit what I want to do. 😀

For the Evolution stable, I'd probably go with Randy Orton or Triple H as the Ric Flair role to link back to the original group. As for the other guy, you could bring in Carmelo Hayes, due to his history with helping Rollins against Judgement Day, or somebody like Austin Theory/Grayson Waller to play the cocky young Orton role.

• Like 1

Wasn't quite sure where to post this so figured I'd do it here. 

In my current save, I have Crash Dudley(Crash Holly) and Spike Dudley teaming as The Dudley Runtz. I'm trying to come up with a tag team finisher for them. I also have Bubba Ray and Devon as The Dudley Boyz using the Dudley Death Drop. All four are in a stable and are heels. I'm looking for a finisher name and move itself. 

4 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Wasn't quite sure where to post this so figured I'd do it here. 

In my current save, I have Crash Dudley(Crash Holly) and Spike Dudley teaming as The Dudley Runtz. I'm trying to come up with a tag team finisher for them. I also have Bubba Ray and Devon as The Dudley Boyz using the Dudley Death Drop. All four are in a stable and are heels. I'm looking for a finisher name and move itself. 

If you're going for comedy with those 2 I'd  say The Dudley Death Roll, one of them kneels behind the opponent, the other one pushes the opponent over his partner's back and rolls him up for the victory.  

Edited by smmccallum
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 4:39 AM, PaperMachete said:

I'd go with Kurt Angle in the Flair role. Id bring Angle back and have him give Rollins some little advice backstage. Rollins then uses Angle's advice and wins. Have that happen a couple of times, Eventually Angle starts joining Rollins at ringside, Then the 2 start scouting Bron Breaker find your fourth and bam you got a stable. Angle can tag with Bron to help him improve and hide Angle's age. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, smmccallum said:

If you're going for comedy with those 2 I'd  say The Dudley Death Roll, one of them kneels behind the opponent, the other one pushes the opponent over his partner's back and rolls him up for the victory.  

You just gave me an idea, the Dudley Death Throw and Crash throws Spike off the top rope onto the opponent. 

• Like 2

Trying to think of who might fit well in some stables I'm starting to make. This is a small-ish custom company in the C-Verse, located in the US.

Faction 1: A corporate/"rich dudes" type faction. So far, the leader is Nelson Callum, Ash Campbell is the second in command (because he has tag team experience), and Jack Pryde is the "chosen one"/"next generation" type.

Faction 2: A dark magical cult stable. Led by (who else?) Aldous Blackfriar, with Babau and Moroi as lackeys mainly because I found really cool renders for them a while back. 

9 hours ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

Trying to think of who might fit well in some stables I'm starting to make. This is a small-ish custom company in the C-Verse, located in the US.

Faction 1: A corporate/"rich dudes" type faction. So far, the leader is Nelson Callum, Ash Campbell is the second in command (because he has tag team experience), and Jack Pryde is the "chosen one"/"next generation" type.

Faction 2: A dark magical cult stable. Led by (who else?) Aldous Blackfriar, with Babau and Moroi as lackeys mainly because I found really cool renders for them a while back. 

For the first faction you could throw Flash Savage and Ozzie Goldstein in as a tag team, Raphael would make sense too.

On 8/12/2023 at 10:27 PM, awesomenessofme1 said:

Follow-up to this. I'm trying to think of who might be able to oppose group #2. Who in the CVerse do you think could pull off a "paladin" or "monster hunter" type gimmick? Either solo or as the head of a faction?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm doing a Cobra Kai storyline in WWE with my Raw cruiserweights and women had a few concerns.  Whether they are big enough concerns to not go forward with the story is another thing. Anyway, here is my cast. 

Characters:
Mustafa Ali - Johnny Lawrence
Neville - Daniel LaRusso
Mickie James - Amanda LaRusso
Daniel Bryan - John Kreese 
Akira Tozawa - Chozen Toguchi 
MVP - Terry Silver
Santana Garrett - Carmen Diaz
Io Shirai - Kim Da-Eun
Tony Nese - Mike Barnes
Cherry Bomb - Kumiko
Elias - Stingray 

Buddy Murphy - Miguel Diaz
James Ellsworth - Robby Keene (maybe a controversial choice, but Ellsworth is an established competent worker in my save, winning three tag team championships with former partner Mustafa Ali and that's the reason I put him in this role. That and Ali chose to align with Buddy and betrayed Ellsworth.)
Bianca Belair - Samantha LaRusso
Nikki Cross - Tory Nichols
Adam Cole - Eli “Hawk” Muskovitz
Roderick Strong - Demetri Alexopoulos
Mandy Rose - Yasmine 
Sonya Deville - Moon
Ember Moon - Aisha
Ariya Daivari - Bert
Mark Andrews - Nathaniel 
Kalisto - Mitch 
Sin Cara - Chris 
Riddick Moss - Abe 
Bo Dallas -Kyler Park 
Big Cass - Brucks 
Mansoor - Kenny Payne
Austin Theory - Anthony LaRusso
Tegan Nox - Piper Elswith
Dakota Kai - Devon Lee

Concerns
What happens after the Cobra Kai story ends? How often are the wrestlers’ individual stories referenced afterwards? Where are the alliances and rivalries at following the conclusion? 

Parental figure - child relationships are replaced with mentor - student relationships. Does this kill the story? I also feel like "they're student/mentor backstage, just trust us" may be doing a lot of heavy lifting.

I think most, if not all, of the pre-established friendships in the show (Hawk/Demetri, Yasmine/Moon, Mitch/Chris, Kyler/Brucks, and Bert/Nathaniel) have their counterparts also having established friendships. 

No previous long-term history with Neville (Daniel) and Mustafa Ali (Johnny). The crux rivalry of the series. How will this impact the story?

Should the Nikki Cross (Tory) vs Bianca Belair (Samantha) match in the “All-Valley final” analogue be for the Raw Women's Championship? Currently, neither are anywhere near championship level. 

What are the ramifications of locking a boat load of wrestlers into a multi-year long structured storyline? 

Heel and face and when to turn the wrestlers may be kind of blurry 

These concerns may or may not be able to be addressed and better context of my save may be needed for it, but I'd figure I'd throw it out there and if anyone has any suggestions. 

On 8/13/2023 at 9:10 AM, awesomenessofme1 said:

I actually already have Raphael under a somewhat different gimmick, but they could definitely intersect at some point. I'll check out the other two.

I usually have Raphael as an early NXT Tyler Breeze type. And I add Ozzie and either Prime Time Jack Pryde or Beautiful Bryan Brady as Ozzie's partner, with the faction being called Model Behavior.

When I get to Halloween Havoc in my WCW 92 save I have going I want to do the Roulette/spin the wheel gimmick similar to the match between Jake Roberts and Sting. I'm looking for good gimmick matches that are time period appropriate for late 92. 

Looking for at least 9 and I have these so far :

Cage Match

Submission Match

Ladder Match

Texas Death Match

17 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

When I get to Halloween Havoc in my WCW 92 save I have going I want to do the Roulette/spin the wheel gimmick similar to the match between Jake Roberts and Sting. I'm looking for good gimmick matches that are time period appropriate for late 92. 

Looking for at least 9 and I have these so far :

Cage Match

Submission Match

Ladder Match

Texas Death Match

Stretcher Match

Bull Rope Match

Strap Match

Scaffold Match

Lumberjack Match

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smmccallum said:

Stretcher Match

Bull Rope Match

Strap Match

Scaffold Match

Lumberjack Match

Falls Count Anywhere (used at Beach Blast 1992)

Iron Man (used at Beach Blast 1992)

I Quit (used at Clash of the Champions 9)

No DQ (Halloween Havoc 1992)

2 out of 3 Falls (used at Clash of the Champions 6)

And if you're going to build a long term program with them, they could lead teams in a War Games match.

• Like 1

Booking team! I have a question for way down the line in my save, but something I could start planning. Running a touring promotion with a weight split. Right now, it's Middleweight and up heavy, so my Cruiserweight division (Lightweight and below) is a little lacking. That may even out when my older stars retire.

However, I had a thought of down the line merging the "Heavyweight" and "Cruiserweight" Titles into just the World Title and getting rid of the weight restrictions. If I do that, I would like a second belt that would be specific to something, but not by weight. Maybe something like the US Title and it has to be defended against workers from other regions, or Intercontinental titles that have to be defended against workers from other game areas...Open to suggestions!