The "Booking Committee" Thread, 2020 Edition

In the spirit of TEW 2016's "Booking Committee Thread," I envision this as the space to ask for creative advice. As Adam so eloquently put it: "This could be asking for opinions on who you should push, asking for tips on getting people over, requesting that other user's give you goals or rules for you to follow in your game, or just wanting to get ideas to jump-start your creativity."

I'll get started. How much would Jack Bruce joining a Tiny company like IPW or GSW help them in terms of popularity gains? Would it boost them nationwide at all? In their home area?

Hope it's not overstepping for me to post this thread.

• Like 1

I guess this is a good place to ask about how to get people's stats up as fast as possible. Usually I take the long route of having them job out to my top stars and after a long while they get super good. Problem is that the TCW roster right now is bad enough right now I don't think I can play a ton of waiting games to get guys I like in the promotion and be good enough to get hard pushes. Any tips?

I guess this is a good place to ask about how to get people's stats up as fast as possible. Usually I take the long route of having them job out to my top stars and after a long while they get super good. Problem is that the TCW roster right now is bad enough right now I don't think I can play a ton of waiting games to get guys I like in the promotion and be good enough to get hard pushes. Any tips?

What usually works (besides sending guys to development) is hiring a lot of not-popular good workers and having them lose over and over to your prospects in dark matches. A few months of beating really good workers in the dark every week will make anyone better in the ring.

• Thanks 1

TCW heel stable name?

I discovered that Freddy Huggins has good chemistry tagging with Jay Chord and also that Jay Chord has good chemistry tagging with Joshua Taylor. So I decided to put them together as a heel stable of elitists, but I'm struggling to come up with a name. They all have their default gimmicks for 2020. Any ideas for the stable name?

I discovered that Freddy Huggins has good chemistry tagging with Jay Chord and also that Jay Chord has good chemistry tagging with Joshua Taylor. So I decided to put them together as a heel stable of elitists, but I'm struggling to come up with a name. They all have their default gimmicks for 2020. Any ideas for the stable name?

The Franchise?

Empire?

Tradition of Excellence?

The Smooth Operators?

The Firm?

Just a few thoughts.

This isn't going to come up until the full game is out, but I'm fishing for ideas now- running QAW, who should be in the 2020 Queen Of The Ring Tournament, and who should win it?

2016 was much easier, at least the first year. The storylines were Danielle & Jarvis and Raquel & Foxy, so one of those two feuds would culminate in a bout for the World title at Crowning The Queen, and the other would be the finals of the tournament.

In 2020, with so many of the starting stories being faction/ stable driven, with 5-6 people each, it's a lot harder to narrow things down.

Chord Co.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This isn't going to come up until the full game is out, but I'm fishing for ideas now- running QAW, who should be in the 2020 Queen Of The Ring Tournament, and who should win it?<p> </p><p> 2016 was much easier, at least the first year. The storylines were Danielle & Jarvis and Raquel & Foxy, so one of those two feuds would culminate in a bout for the World title at Crowning The Queen, and the other would be the finals of the tournament.</p><p> </p><p> In 2020, with so many of the starting stories being faction/ stable driven, with 5-6 people each, it's a lot harder to narrow things down.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Having read through the starting storylines and stables descriptions I think I'd book Ronin 3 to take out Teresa Perez and Houston Handley ruling them both out of the tournament before having Ashley Grover run the gauntlet though the tournament, first beating Becca Barton in the first round, then Toni Parisi in the Semi final before losing to a much fresher Foxxy LaRue in the final.</p><p> </p><p> The starting storyline around the title would see Emma May end up losing a title fight on this show. Daniela sweetheart would ensure the rest of The Furies can't get involved in this match, the price that Alina pays for this help is that Sweetheart enters the tournament.</p><p> </p><p> Sweetheart would win her opening match and face Foxxy in the Semi Final, but that semi final would be the first one of the 2 and be directly after the title match that Emma May loses. Being angry at losing Emma May (with the help of The Furies) would attack Daniela before the semi, taking out both the frustration of losing and that it was Daniela that prevented her Insurance of her stable mates being at ringside to help her/ run interference, costing her a shot in return by making it an easy victory for Foxxy to advance to the final.</p><p> </p><p> Obviously Daniela wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight, hence why Foxxy would be soo much fresher going into the final.</p><p> </p><p> The not mentioned spots in the tournament could be reserved for the Shockwave champion to put up a strong showing in a narrow loss to Daniela in the first round, Foxxy would squash someone from the lower card and Toni could face the person feuding for the Shockwave title seeing as the holder would be facing Sweetheart in the first round instead of defending.</p><p> </p><p> I'd probably subsequently have Foxxy win the title, swapping it into the Ronin 3 vs The Line feud.</p><p> </p><p> The starting title feud would evolve to be about knocking each other out of contention for the next shot at the title when the Ronin 3 vs The Line storyline is up and I'd probably look to have Daniela come out on top to feud with and take the title off of Foxxy down the line. The match where Daniela gains the title could even end up being a whole year later at the following Crowning the Queen after having to build up her own stable, even if it is just a loose alliance one where she teams with 2 others that lost title matches after none of them could overcome the numbers without each others support, maybe even leading to one of them turning on her for the following feud.</p><p> </p><p> p.s. Sorry if the future ramifications was booking a little too far in advance.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="w4lru5" data-cite="w4lru5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I'll get started. How much would Jack Bruce joining a Tiny company like IPW or GSW help them in terms of popularity gains? Would it boost them nationwide at all? In their home area?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> According to the handbook, including people with high popularity in a certain region relative to the company can boost attendance up to 50%.</p>

I'm doing pretty good with 5SSW right now for it being a Tiny company due to the woes that struck Japan in this timeline (yes, the events of TEW2016 take place in a seperate universe within my headcanon, just go with it).

Selina Svelte received a torn rotator cuff injury during a match and so I vacated the tag titles and had Fuyuko and Gemmei win them since they're both super hot right now.

Talia was in singles competition and though she lost in a title match main event against Yuma, she was rocketed into a Major Star.

I've basically been using Thea Davis as a glorified jobber while she builds her skill up working for both us and EWA, but recently found she has good chemistry when teaming with Ochiyo so maybe they'll be a tag title in her near future.

The main issue with 5SSW would be gaining popularity quickly for me so I can stop hemorrhaging money. The only active wrestler I have who isn't in the "red" in popularity is Yuma, so I'm thinking about having "myself" DEVIL Karube come out of retirement for one last world title run and feud against Yuma to attract fans.

Makes me wish the Beta got extended a few more months so I could see what I can do with these developments.

<p>Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go with The Exclusive. </p><p> Im not really happy with the name so far, but I decided just to go with that and move on. I may have Chord replace the current members down the line with Greg Gauge and more legacies and go back to The Succession name or something along those lines, we'll see. ID really like to bring Cam Vessey to TCW considering Larry and Bryan Vessey's work history.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TOTKingNothing" data-cite="TOTKingNothing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Chord Co.</div></blockquote>

Okay, need about 6 male babyfaces to balance out the roster on OLLIE. I've floated offers to Sabra Man Jr. and Edo Phoenix IV (because you need several active wrestlers with "Phoenix" in their name on an OLLIE roster, this is non-negotiable); who else should I hire? I generally prefer to hire unemployed workers, but aside from that, I'm pretty open as long as they can work tecnico.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jeronullet" data-cite="jeronullet" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I discovered that Freddy Huggins has good chemistry tagging with Jay Chord and also that Jay Chord has good chemistry tagging with Joshua Taylor. So I decided to put them together as a heel stable of elitists, but I'm struggling to come up with a name. They all have their default gimmicks for 2020. Any ideas for the stable name?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's awesome. I found Troy Tornado and Maverick have great chemistry as a team, so I'm putting them in a stable with Remus and pushing them through an 8-team trios tournament for a new title.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jomosensual" data-cite="Jomosensual" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I guess this is a good place to ask about how to get people's stats up as fast as possible. Usually I take the long route of having them job out to my top stars and after a long while they get super good. Problem is that the TCW roster right now is bad enough right now I don't think I can play a ton of waiting games to get guys I like in the promotion and be good enough to get hard pushes. Any tips?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I hired about a dozen guys with great stats, but they aren't over. I try to get them on TV in tags or trios with guys that have decent popularity for the rub. Also try to fit them in the background of angles with popular workers. Dunno if that'll work or not, but we'll see. Everybody works on every show, but some of them have to work dark matches.</p><p> </p><p> And house shows. I have everybody on my roster except Eddie Peak working house shows and paired up to check for chemistry. Mostly looking for opponents now, later will expand to looking for teams, manager/clients, and whatever else is possible, if anything.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jeronullet" data-cite="jeronullet" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I discovered that Freddy Huggins has good chemistry tagging with Jay Chord and also that Jay Chord has good chemistry tagging with Joshua Taylor. So I decided to put them together as a heel stable of elitists, but I'm struggling to come up with a name. They all have their default gimmicks for 2020. Any ideas for the stable name?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't overthink it. Go with the low hanging fruit. The Elite.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This isn't going to come up until the full game is out, but I'm fishing for ideas now- running QAW, who should be in the 2020 Queen Of The Ring Tournament, and who should win it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It really depends on your roster makeup and how you're treating the stables. For example, in my game, Foxxy tested positive for soft drugs and I sent her to rehab. So she's out of the picture and Ronin is backburnered (though still active, they're not the top heel stable at the moment). I don't want to make Becca leader because I have plans for her to usurp leadership (ala The Rock in the Nation of Domination) and I can't do that without an active Foxxy.</p><p> </p><p> My plan is to have the Shadow Collective (new top heel stable led by Devil's Daughter with Queens of the Damned and Spider Isako, and Julia Alvarez as manager) win the tournament after splitting the bracket (Double D on one side, Spider on the other with Spider getting to the semi final and severely injuring DD's eventual opponent, losing by DQ). Final will be Devil's Daughter vs Black Diamond. Can't use Alina (world champion) or Danielle (alliance world champ) but my rule is, winning the tournament makes a person the #1 contender for the world title so it's just as well. Devil's Daughter beats Alina at Capital Clash to win the title and Spider Isako hesitates when handing the belt to Double D post-match. Hopefully by then I can make Black Diamond the first challenger to Devil's Daughter, creating a new major star in the process.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Grand Avatar" data-cite="Grand Avatar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The main issue with 5SSW would be gaining popularity quickly for me so I can stop hemorrhaging money. The only active wrestler I have who isn't in the "red" in popularity is Yuma, so I'm thinking about having "myself" DEVIL Karube come out of retirement for one last world title run and feud against Yuma to attract fans. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're tiny, you don't need to use your headliners on every show. Heck, you could increase your popularity easily by main eventing with midcard matches. Eri Sato vs Thea Davis can get you in the neighborhood of a 51 rated match on day one of the save. That's more than enough to raise your popularity in your strongest area. Abstaining from using your star/major star types for one fewer show can save you money and still advance your popularity. That's one of the beautiful things about 5 Star.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don't overthink it. Go with the low hanging fruit. The Elite.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> TCW already has a tag team by that name. Eddie Chandler and Nate Johnson.</p>

According to the handbook, including people with high popularity in a certain region relative to the company can boost attendance up to 50%.

I was thinking in terms of starting a game as Jack Bruce with PSW, IPW, etc. At the beginning of the game, would you give a popularity boost to reflect his name value?

I was thinking in terms of starting a game as Jack Bruce with PSW, IPW, etc. At the beginning of the game, would you give a popularity boost to reflect his name value?

I personally wouldn't give them a popularity boost. You're already going to get a boost to attendance, segment ratings, and merch sales because of his popularity.

I personally wouldn't give them a popularity boost. You're already going to get a boost to attendance, segment ratings, and merch sales because of his popularity.

Yeah I think that's fair. On the other hand, I feel like if someone like The Rock bought, say, ROH right now, it would inherently gain a significant amount of notoriety and clout in negotiations.

But I'll play it by ear. Thanks for the thoughts.

Looking for a stable name for an Eric Eisen/Emma Chase led authority. Kinda don't wanna go with "The Authority." I was trying to do something involving Supremacy, but it always sounds like a white power group haha.

The Empire?

Power Trip?

The Eisen Enterprise?

Looking for a stable name for an Eric Eisen/Emma Chase led authority. Kinda don't wanna go with "The Authority." I was trying to do something involving Supremacy, but it always sounds like a white power group haha.

If Eric Eisen was allowed to call himself "The Supremacist", I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Does it seem too "gamey" to folks to temporarily remove someone out of a long-term storyline (and have their stable-mates keep driving it along) so that they can accomplish a short-term time-sensitive storyline in the interim (I need a storyline associated with having one guy drop a belt)?