The "Booking Committee" Thread, 2020 Edition

Hey guys, in my SWF save I'm now at a point at which I should probably do a brand split, as I have too many stars to get on one TV show.

I don't really have a great keyfab idea for it though. The thought of booking the Eisen bros in a feud reminds me too much of Shane vs Steph and the latest WWE brand split of '16.

So long story short, any inspiration would be appreciated

Hey guys, I picked up Fro Sure & Papa Swoll in my TCW save as they were atop my Hidden Gems. Threw them in a three-man stable with T-Bone Bright. Looking for a stable name and/or a tag team name for Fro Sure & Swoll. Thanks!

EDIT: Just found out Dazzling Dave Diamond and Maverick have great chemistry tagging, so looking for a tag team name there too.

Hey guys, in my SWF save I'm now at a point at which I should probably do a brand split, as I have too many stars to get on one TV show.

I don't really have a great keyfab idea for it though. The thought of booking the Eisen bros in a feud reminds me too much of Shane vs Steph and the latest WWE brand split of '16.

So long story short, any inspiration would be appreciated

If the 2 A shows are on different networks you could have network representatives demanding separate rosters

<p>World Title Feuds</p><p> </p><p>

I have Andrews set to defend the World Title against Hawkins in a steel cage at Malice In Wonderland 2020. Of course Wolf has The Syndicate to help him out but Andrews is almost on his own except for One Many Army.</p><p> </p><p>

Who did you have win at Malice? how? and how did you book the World Title the next 3-4 months?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jeronullet" data-cite="jeronullet" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have Andrews set to defend the World Title against Hawkins in a steel cage at Malice In Wonderland 2020. Of course Wolf has The Syndicate to help him out but Andrews is almost on his own except for One Many Army.<p> </p><p> Who did you have win at Malice? how? and how did you book the World Title the next 3-4 months?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had Wolf win at Total Mayhem. Just not starting my post-Mayhem planning, but I have it roughly in my head that Sammy Bach will challenge Wolf at Summer Spectacular, and the plan is for Wolf to have the title going into next year’s TM as a babyface (haven’t turned him yet, but will at some point) and I want Jay Chord to take the title from him there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jeronullet" data-cite="jeronullet" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47898" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have Andrews set to defend the World Title against Hawkins in a steel cage at Malice In Wonderland 2020. Of course Wolf has The Syndicate to help him out but Andrews is almost on his own except for One Many Army.<p> </p><p> Who did you have win at Malice? how? and how did you book the World Title the next 3-4 months?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I booked several draws between them on PPV...I think the first was a regular match, then an Iron Man, then an Ultimate Submission, and finally put Andrews over in Hell in a Cell at Mayhem. Sadly, TCW fans pissed all over my Hell in a Cell, and it only got an 88 or so, for a disappointing blow off.</p><p> </p><p> Can't put the belt on Hawkins because he's leaving at the end of July for a TV show, so I'm using him to put Mo over while Jay Cord steps up to feud with Andrews. Cord will get the belt, then work with Mo.....and that should get me to the end of the year, just about.</p>

I booked several draws between them on PPV...I think the first was a regular match, then an Iron Man, then an Ultimate Submission, and finally put Andrews over in Hell in a Cell at Mayhem. Sadly, TCW fans pissed all over my Hell in a Cell, and it only got an 88 or so, for a disappointing blow off.

Can't put the belt on Hawkins because he's leaving at the end of July for a TV show, so I'm using him to put Mo over while Jay Cord steps up to feud with Andrews. Cord will get the belt, then work with Mo.....and that should get me to the end of the year, just about.

Ouch, Wolf leaving is a huge blow to TCW in 2020 especially

Ouch, Wolf leaving is a huge blow to TCW in 2020 especially

I'm hoping he won't be gone too long. He seems to be snake bit in my games. In my first save, he left the business to enter politics before the first PPV. I saw that as unrecoverable, so I started my current save. By the end of July, other guys are ready to step up to the lead heel spot. I'll miss him, but if it's only a month or two, I can work around it. I think.

So I was browsing through all the different product settings for the game and came across a seed that has been growing in my head for a week or so: Comic Book Dark! No matter what save I am playing, I can't stop thinking about the possibilities for this. Since I can't think of anything else, I decided to just play around with it.

The basic premise is Marvel vs. DC in the CVerse. I think I'm going to go start the save off with normal wrestling and slowly build in a Super Villain invasion using the NWO blueprint. Of course, since the good guys are just regular wrestlers and the bad guys have super powers, the good guys are going to lose badly. They will just get beat on no matter what they do until eventually the Super Heroes so up to even the odds.

My first problem is if I want to start a new company from scratch. or take over as owner of an existing one and change it over. I'm going to try it by taking over as the owner of NYCW because NYC is a great place for this all to go down. They would also need a full year for the product change to take effect, giving all the time in the world to set up my "Universe". The downside is they are a Tiny company with no money to start. This project is going to be heavily reliant on entertainment.

All of the heroes and Villains will wear masks, so do I toy with the alter-ego feature and basically double my roster for free?

Do I eventually just wipe the fed free of "normal" wrestlers or do I keep them around for fodder/entertainment value?

And the best part of it all...coming up with tons of hero/villain identities and keeping them all as far from plagerising actual DC and Marvel. So if I can help it, no Super Kid.

Wish me luck!

And the best part of it all...coming up with tons of hero/villain identities and keeping them all as far from plagerising actual DC and Marvel. So if I can help it, no Super Kid.

Wish me luck!

Back in the 80s, Marvel had an Unlimited Class Wrestling promotion mentioned in The Thing's books. Thing was their champ. I'd be tempted to create a rocky character with a blond buzzcut and facepaint....ya know...the Man Called Thing.:)

In June 2021 of an AEW save (started June 2020).

Need a new for a babyface stable with Chris Jericho, Dragon Lee, Biff Busick, Cash Wheeler, and Dax Hardwood. They're in opposition to The Inner Circle (now led by Johnny Gargano, otherwise the same as present day).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing around with some openweight (though largely heavyweight) tag-team oriented Japanese promotion concepts.

I'm trying to figure out a name for a secondary tag team title, and I'm stuck on picking a name. The main title is the World Tag Team Titles, but I don't want it to be All-Asia, Intercontinental, International or National, but I can't figure out what to name the secondary title.

Any suggestions?

Playing around with some openweight (though largely heavyweight) tag-team oriented Japanese promotion concepts.

I'm trying to figure out a name for a secondary tag team title, and I'm stuck on picking a name. The main title is the World Tag Team Titles, but I don't want it to be All-Asia, Intercontinental, International or National, but I can't figure out what to name the secondary title.

Any suggestions?

I kind of like Openweight Tag Team (even if the other titles are openweight as well). Otherwise, have you thought of doing something like the NEVER titles and coming up with some kind of “governing body” or name like Youth Energy Series (YES) Tag Team Championships? Or Ruling International Global Honor Team (RIGHT) TTCs? That feels like a very puro thing to do.

I kind of like Openweight Tag Team (even if the other titles are openweight as well). Otherwise, have you thought of doing something like the NEVER titles and coming up with some kind of “governing body” or name like Youth Energy Series (YES) Tag Team Championships? Or Ruling International Global Honor Team (RIGHT) TTCs? That feels like a very puro thing to do.

I'm trying to keep it simply with no governing body. The idea is that the World Tag Team Titles are just that, so trying to figure out a good secondary title name that doesn't have a geographic or weight restriction has been hard. I've been mulling if trying for a marketing partnership (like, picking a broadcaster, newspaper or video producer) as has been the case for some titles in IRL puro, but I figured I'd ask around for some suggestions.

I'm trying to keep it simply with no governing body. The idea is that the World Tag Team Titles are just that, so trying to figure out a good secondary title name that doesn't have a geographic or weight restriction has been hard. I've been mulling if trying for a marketing partnership (like, picking a broadcaster, newspaper or video producer) as has been the case for some titles in IRL puro, but I figured I'd ask around for some suggestions.

It's really difficult. You might be best served with the broadcaster-based name (something like the GAORA title in AJPW--though what happens if you change broadcaster down the road?), but I'm still kind of partial to something like the NEVER name. DREAM TTCs? POWER TTCs? And then just come up with what it is (or isn't) an acronym for later on. What did you think of just Openweight Tag Team?

It's really difficult. You might be best served with the broadcaster-based name (something like the GAORA title in AJPW--though what happens if you change broadcaster down the road?), but I'm still kind of partial to something like the NEVER name. DREAM TTCs? POWER TTCs? And then just come up with what it is (or isn't) an acronym for later on. What did you think of just Openweight Tag Team?

I guess if I did broadcaster-titles then I could rebrand every time or retire one for another. I'm not really in favor of doing a branded title like you suggest ala NEVER, but that could be a good deal for a mini-tournament or two. Both titles are gonna be openweight so I don't want to make use of weighted distinctions for the titles, even if I'm trying for heavyweight guys first and foremost.

Another possibility could be to do arena-specific titles, which I think has been done in both Mexico and Japan with CMLL but also with Joshi titles. That way they can headline specific shows as part of the touring deal. There's also the concept of the National Arena Tag League that NJPW tried once of putting wrestlers from different regions of Japan together.

So yeah, maybe I could do regional tag titles with local guys that get defended there, and then Kanto gets the World tag titles as the big thing that these other guys are all working towards.

Hey guys. Hoping for a good starting off point for a game. I have started/stopped /started countless times (DB additions) but finally have what I need.

Anyway, brand new company in the Mid South. Start off with just the unemployed folks (Caulfield, Peak, Texas Pete) along with some very green workers, and some people who will likely go on to bigger and better things.

Some background - Touring company, with four QAW women and the rest were all unemployed. I use my first tour (5 shows) to set up, then my next tour is a tournament for the belt.

Caulfield is my most over worker, but Texas Pete has 2 others with him (hometown guy, but heel). Not sure if it makes sense to put it on either (stamina issues).

Any suggestions on initial champ? If you need more of the roster, let me know. (Product is the one that is basically the midpoint of all products...I forget the name currently).

Bias is heavily to match grades, but rates almost equally on popularity or performance (e.g. I have gotten high scores with Masked Avatar vs Ozzie Golden as well as Caulfield vs Texas Pete).

I'd say go with Texas Pete if you're happy with Caulfield chasing him and his guys for a while. You can have Caulfield slowly burn his pop away to the guys he's chasing before he gets some momentum back by beating Texas Pete. You can have him be a transitional babyface champion if you've got a new heel ready to step in and beat him, and then maybe you can have a Caulfield protege or a babyface Texas Pete step up to challenge that guy.

I'd say go with Texas Pete if you're happy with Caulfield chasing him and his guys for a while. You can have Caulfield slowly burn his pop away to the guys he's chasing before he gets some momentum back by beating Texas Pete. You can have him be a transitional babyface champion if you've got a new heel ready to step in and beat him, and then maybe you can have a Caulfield protege or a babyface Texas Pete step up to challenge that guy.

Thanks! Every time I restarted I was running the same shows, at least with this I can set off in a particular direction.